Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre & Drake on cover of CBS Soaps In Depth; "Days fans will be thrilled!"
Topic Started: Feb 1 2009, 07:08 PM (4,462 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

There is a small photo of Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn on the cover of CBS' Soaps In Depth, with the caption "New Roles! Days fans will be thrilled! (And so will you!)".

Don't get too excited though, it's deceptive of course. Inside article is a "What if?" section, where they suggest it would be great to have D&D join CBS' Y&R. It suggests Drake come on as Victor's brother and Deidre return as Barbara Anderson, then Drake's character dates Ashley and Barbara's dates Victor, but that the two newcomers are secretly together or something like that. If anyone buys the mag, perhaps you could share more details? There is a full page photo from Monaco inside.
Edited by Jiggs, Feb 1 2009, 07:11 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

They did come up with some good storylines. I liked all of them, but Drake as Dr. Ed on GL was laughable.

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Wow! Sounds like the mag is chomping at the bit to get the DH's on a CBS soap. Gotta love it!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Flying Monkey
Feb 1 2009, 08:22 PM
Wow! Sounds like the mag is chomping at the bit to get the DH's on a CBS soap. Gotta love it!
Yea, pretty obvious isn't it? Surprised they didn't get the whole cover LOL

hops
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Feb 1 2009, 08:36 PM
Yea, pretty obvious isn't it? Surprised they didn't get the whole cover LOL
I'm surprised they got a whole page article. The Y&R scenario doesn't sound half bad...that's why I'm sure it would never happen. I realize these are just 'what if's' but as usual, they are usually better then what appears on screen. In the end though, I don't think any of the shows have the money to hire anyone except a total newbie. It would be fun though, even if just for a one year story arc.

cjknick
Member Avatar

As much as I would like to see Drake and Deidre land other projects - it seems like it would be stunt casting and these two are way above stunt casting.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Oh brother. I hope Y&R doesn't take the bait.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Oh brother, last week Dee was "heading to ABC", now the "DH's going over to CBS". We have six months of phony stories in mags about the DH's going to other soaps and this is just the beginning.

jules

Thanks for posting Jiggs. It's amazing that they can get away with such misleading headlines, but then again it's kind of funny to see all the speculating going on about where Deidre/Drake might go. It will be intersting to see if they do go to other soaps.

Evan
Member Avatar

Why not bring Dee Hall to B&B, she could be a bitchy rival to Stephanie.
Imagine Dee and Susan Flannery duking it out! ;) ;)

brimike

Drake as ED BAUER?!

Whoever wrote that should be fired from the magazine, put in gallows, and allowed to have as many GL fan throw rotten eggs at them that wants to.

Seriously. Blasphemy.
Edited by brimike, Feb 2 2009, 04:18 PM.

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

jules
Feb 2 2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks for posting Jiggs. It's amazing that they can get away with such misleading headlines, but then again it's kind of funny to see all the speculating going on about where Deidre/Drake might go. It will be intersting to see if they do go to other soaps.
Now I have that Billy Squire song stuck in my head... "Everybody wants you..."

Sindacco
Member Avatar

"Days fans will be thrilled"

Why would fans of Days be thrilled over something happening on another show?

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 2 2009, 05:31 PM

Cuz they might like to see Deidre and Drake again, even on another soap. Seems obvious to me.

Mason

brimike
Feb 2 2009, 04:18 PM
Drake as ED BAUER?!

Whoever wrote that should be fired from the magazine, put in gallows, and allowed to have as many GL fan throw rotten eggs at them that wants to.

Seriously. Blasphemy.
Seriously, LoL!

I can't believe someone seriously thought that would be a good idea.

Drew
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Feb 2 2009, 01:15 AM
they wont. Y&R is not a fanbase pandering show. The last thing they'd do is repurpose another soap's "supercouple" when they have their own rich group of vets they still get daily play for.

And seriously .... that story idea is ridiculously stupid.
Edited by Drew, Feb 2 2009, 05:43 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Feb 2 2009, 05:38 PM
Sindacco
Feb 2 2009, 05:31 PM

Cuz they might like to see Deidre and Drake again, even on another soap. Seems obvious to me.
They should have said Drake and Deidre fans. With Days fans they make it sound like it was all about D&D, and not the show.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 2 2009, 05:44 PM
Jiggs
Feb 2 2009, 05:38 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
They should have said Drake and Deidre fans. With Days fans they make it sound like it was all about D&D, and not the show.
I doubt they care about that distinction.

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 2 2009, 05:42 PM
they wont. Y&R is not a fanbase pandering show. The last thing they'd do is repurpose another soap's "supercouple" when they have their own rich group of vets they still get daily play for.

All shows pander to fans, that's how they stay in business, Y&R is no different. Acquiring an extremely popular couple from another show who've been let go would a major coup.

I rather like the premise of the idea.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 2 2009, 05:42 PM
KristianFanForever
Feb 2 2009, 01:15 AM

Your comment implies that Days panders to fan bases, which I find amusing. If they pandered to fanbases, such as the J&M fan base, then why have I been unhappy with this show for over a decade? LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply