Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao posted 2-1; He's just fine. lol
Topic Started: Feb 1 2009, 11:06 PM (1,526 Views)
hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

http://www.thaaopenghlis.com/id2.htm

Click on his guestbook.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I hope he finds work elsewhere. But I hope we are finally through with Tony/Andre. The character has been brought back way too many times and I am just sick of him

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

I'm not sick of Tony. But I am sick of Thaao being treated like shit. Sounds like Thaao can have a new job by this weekend.

King
Member Avatar

Ironically, the only person who could write for Thaao well since I've started watching (in 1993) was JER in the first run. I know they hated each other or JER hated him or whatEVER, but JER's first run Tony was the best!

I really think this is a good decision for the show and for him too.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

King
Feb 2 2009, 12:46 AM
Ironically, the only person who could write for Thaao well since I've started watching (in 1993) was JER in the first run. I know they hated each other or JER hated him or whatEVER, but JER's first run Tony was the best!

I couldn't disagree more. I can't even watch the 90s clips of Tony. He was written completely out of character. Thaao said at this last chat that Pat Falken Smith wrote the best for Tony, but she's passed.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

thanks for the link!

I appreciate Thaao's determination to look at what comes as an opportunity rather than moaning and looking backward.

I really hate that the DiMeras are diminished by the loss of Tony. I did get the subtle jab at TIIC. LOL Tools Thaao, what tools? But I think that is the point of the comment.

Good luck to him!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

King

I agree. Reilly kept him frontburner for many years.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I love him. I was lol when I read it because you could almost seeing him saying "Whew... thank heavens this shit is over with".

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm glad he and Leann are doing well. Also glad to know he has some stuff in the works. I wish him the best.

I've really changed my tune in regards to Thaoo in recent years. I like how he maintains communication with his fans and is so open with them and I also like his attitude when it comes to things. I will miss him and hope some day we see him on Days again. At the very least, I would like to see him on another soap or show that can appreciate and utilize his talent.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 2 2009, 04:50 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'd be relieved too, if I was him.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Feb 2 2009, 01:46 PM
King

I agree. Reilly kept him frontburner for many years.
I don't think two years constitutes MANY.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Feb 2 2009, 08:20 PM
Jiggs

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
ita

2 years of being the interloper to the awful John/Kristen crap. Ugh. Then committing suicide. Yeah, that's great stuff. :puke:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
Feb 2 2009, 09:33 PM
ladyofthelake

ita

2 years of being the interloper to the awful John/Kristen crap. Ugh. Then committing suicide. Yeah, that's great stuff. :puke:
I agree.

JER didn't get Tony at all. That wasn't Tony to me. Yes, Thaoo got great material at times, particularly at the end, but he was nothing more then a complication to John and Kristen and they had to piss all over his character's history to make half the shit work. Anna wasn't mentioned, they screwed with history with Tony and Stefano, etc. It wasn't very good IMO and we all know how much he screwed Thaoo in his second run.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 10:15 PM
hoochielicious

I agree.

JER didn't get Tony at all. That wasn't Tony to me. Yes, Thaoo got great material at times, particularly at the end, but he was nothing more then a complication to John and Kristen and they had to piss all over his character's history to make half the shit work. Anna wasn't mentioned, they screwed with history with Tony and Stefano, etc. It wasn't very good IMO and we all know how much he screwed Thaoo in his second run.
Yep. They made Tony a blood DiMera with no explanation really. The real Tony would have dumped Kristen on her ass. Tony hated lying women. He never would have tolerated that.

Thaao totally rocked the Aremid stuff though.

It only took JER a few months to kill off Tony again in 04. His death scene at the hospital was amazing. Then the island, castle, Stan, and island again stuff was total crap.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jiggs

I believe it was from '93 to late '96. That's actually a good bit of time to be on the frontburner for any actor.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
ladyofthelake

ita

Aremid was fantastic!

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Jiggs
Feb 3 2009, 01:30 AM
ladyofthelake

I believe it was from '93 to late '96. That's actually a good bit of time to be on the frontburner for any actor.
No, it was a 2 year contract from 93 to 95.

Kyrai

hoochielicious
Feb 2 2009, 11:06 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 10:15 PM

Yep. They made Tony a blood DiMera with no explanation really. The real Tony would have dumped Kristen on her ass. Tony hated lying women. He never would have tolerated that.

Thaao totally rocked the Aremid stuff though.

It only took JER a few months to kill off Tony again in 04. His death scene at the hospital was amazing. Then the island, castle, Stan, and island again stuff was total crap.
Up until the actual suicide portion of Aremid, where I think Thaao totally rocked as the evilly calculating Tony (I really can't see anyone else playing those scenes), I hated the story with him, Kristen, and John. It really didn't ring true to me for any of the characters.

I didn't get Tony being obsessed with Kristen at all. Why would he be so hard up for this woman? I remembered Tony's love for Anna and Renee (at that time, I didn't think he was Andre). It just seemed stupid that he was so in love with Kristen when she wasn't in love with him. It made no sense.

I hated John being so obsessed with her too. I never got why at all. It was all way too contrived for me. I rooted for John to have an affair with Marlena, but I honestly hate unfaithfulness in a spouse. Now here he was going after Tony's wife. I know they had the thin explanation that as Stefano's son he was 'evil' like Stefano, but it was so unsubstantiated in general. I just watched thinking this makes no sense the whole time.

But Aremid is one of my favorite stories.

Edited by Kyrai, Feb 3 2009, 10:12 AM.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

I will say that I absolutely hated JER's writing for Tony. He was so plain & boring, two things Tony never was. JER just never got the character.

As for Thaao's departure, anyone else think he may have been speaking up about his good friend Dee Hall's departure? I have a hunch....

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

juniorz1
Feb 3 2009, 10:17 AM
I will say that I absolutely hated JER's writing for Tony. He was so plain & boring, two things Tony never was. JER just never got the character.

As for Thaao's departure, anyone else think he may have been speaking up about his good friend Dee Hall's departure? I have a hunch....
Could be. He was the only actor to really say it was a dumb move to fire the DH's.

Ok, Thaao was on DOOL from Nov 93 to Nov 95. And that's a fact. :tounge:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply