Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for week of 2/2
Topic Started: Feb 2 2009, 04:15 PM (1,774 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

"Her husband's sister"?? Who wrote this promo?

Not a comment on the story, but seriously this might be one of the most poorly done promos ever.

Thanks Angie for posting!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It looks good but it's a little short.

I take it they made it short and put it out later so they wouldn't spoil anything. Good move but I would've liked a little more of a buildup in the promo. It was a bit to short and quick.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Feb 2 2009, 04:18 PM
"Her husband's sister"?? Who wrote this promo?

Not a comment on the story, but seriously this might be one of the most poorly done promos ever.

Thanks Angie for posting!
What's wrong with that? It is her husband's sister LOL.

I do agree it's not the best promo. It's way too short and lacking on buildup.

brimike

All of their promos have been lacking lately.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I agree, Ellie. The promo sucks! The guy doing the voice over doesn't even have the right voice for it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That was so bad. :lol: LOL!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 04:19 PM

I take it they made it short and put it out later so they wouldn't spoil anything. Good move but I would've liked a little more of a buildup in the promo. It was a bit to short and quick.
What's there to spoil? Hope shot Kayla. That's all the promo showed and that's all there is to this "story." :lol:

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 04:20 PM
What's wrong with that? It is her husband's sister LOL.
No I know that lol but it's like a Hallmark card gone wrong or something. The announcer was almost tripping over the words.

Ellie

Angie79
Feb 2 2009, 04:21 PM
I agree, Ellie. The promo sucks! The guy doing the voice over doesn't even have the right voice for it.
Exactly. The whole thing just came off as choppy and uncoordinated, and it didn't even sound dramatic.
Edited by Ellie, Feb 2 2009, 04:26 PM.

lene
Member Avatar

That was a really BAD promo!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Feb 2 2009, 04:23 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 04:19 PM

What's there to spoil? Hope shot Kayla. That's all the promo showed and that's all there is to this "story." :lol:
Well, usually they ease their way into the promo. I was thinking they would show Bo lying to Hope and having the vision and then show Hope shooting her and maybe Bo and Hope fighting as Lexie fights to save Kayla.

That is what I was expecting. I agree the promo sucks, although I can't wait to see this LOL.

I have to wonder...the promo was posted late so maybe they forgot and put something together last minute? That would explain alot :laugh: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 2 2009, 04:28 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ehh... It'll all be resolved by the end of next week anyway. Everyone will be forgiven and we'll be moving onto the next "story/event."

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 04:27 PM
I have to wonder...the promo was posted late so maybe they forgot and put something together last minute? That would explain alot :laugh: .
I think I saw a post on another board that it aired on NBC over the weekend. But I agree, between this and the New Year's promo mistake, they're probably having some issues over there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Feb 2 2009, 04:30 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 04:27 PM
I think I saw a post on another board that it aired on NBC over the weekend. But I agree, between this and the New Year's promo mistake, they're probably having some issues over there.
They have to be. Plus, whoever mentioned the voice of the promo sucks is right. They need a new guy or girl for that.

I don't think it will all be over. Yes, I'm sure all will be forgiven in terms of Hope shooting Kayla but we already know from spoilers that Bo and Hope have trouble coming as a result of this. In other words, the Steve/Kayla part will be over but Bo and Hope will have the conflict to play out.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 04:38 PM
I don't think it will all be over. Yes, I'm sure all will be forgiven in terms of Hope shooting Kayla but we already know from spoilers that Bo and Hope have trouble coming as a result of this. In other words, the Steve/Kayla part will be over but Bo and Hope will have the conflict to play out.
The idea that Kayla can get shot and that it's merely a plot point to introduce problems to Bo and Hope's marriage--I hate that. I don't mind the story involving Bo and Hope, though they bore me; what I will mind is if Steve and Kayla have no story out of it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Feb 2 2009, 04:43 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 2 2009, 04:38 PM
The idea that Kayla can get shot and that it's merely a plot point to introduce problems to Bo and Hope's marriage--I hate that. I don't mind the story involving Bo and Hope, though they bore me; what I will mind is if Steve and Kayla have no story out of it.
That bothers me too but it's not all that surprising.

I mean, I would never expect Kayla or Steve to hold a grudge but would I expect some tension over this. Maybe Steve won't blame Bo for what happened but the visions could still be a source of tension. Kayla could still be upset with Bo too for not saying anything. I would hope we see Kayla helping Bo with this down the road due to the possible medical implications.

Mason
Member Avatar

LMAO!

I don't even know where to start...that just looks awful. And not just the promo, the scene itself looks SO badly done.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Finally a promo that doesn't include Sami, Nicole, Melanie, Daniel or Chloe.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 2 2009, 04:21 PM
This is a new voice, right? I know he has been on for a while, maybe a few weeks but before that there was another voice that was much better.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply