Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for week of 2/2
Topic Started: Feb 2 2009, 04:15 PM (1,748 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It's tough to make two gunshots look boring but they accomplished that.

I like the "husband's sister" thing. It makes it seem like the tension will come from Bo being pissed that his wife shot his sibling, which might be a smarter advertising choice than "he didn't tell his wife about his visions..."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kristian's acting leaves alot to be desired in that clip. She shoots Kayla and the expression on her face is like, "Aw... this sucks. Ho hum."

She should be shocked and hysterical and devastated!

Regardless, these promos are RIDICULOUS. They literally give everything away. Why watch? Are they so desperate to make the show seem exciting that they just put it all in the promo, spoiling everything?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Feb 2 2009, 06:47 PM
Kristian's acting leaves alot to be desired in that clip. She shoots Kayla and the expression on her face is like, "Aw hell... this sucks. Ho hum."

I called her phoning it in a long time ago. It's sad to see that she's given up hope on getting any good material. You can tell she's just thinking, this, this right here, is fucking STUPID! LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 2 2009, 06:49 PM
I called her phoning it in a long time ago. It's sad to see that she's given up hope on getting any good material. You can tell she's just thinking, this, this right here, is fucking STUPID! LOL
Mm-hmm, and I completely understand why she'd feel that way, LoL.

I'd have a hard time putting my heart into acting this crap out, as well.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I am with Kenny and Mason. I don't think it is all the promo stinks, it is the scene itself that is poorly done. I am going to assume they clip bits together for the promo. But KA's reaction is like she failed a test. And I tihnk we are missing something to why Hope shots. Usually (even in tvshows) they don't shoot until they have a clear shot that won't get the hostage. Just the whole scene in general is poor which makes the promo not look as good.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Amello
Kenny
Kristian's acting leaves alot to be desired in that clip. She shoots Kayla and the expression on her face is like, "Aw hell... this sucks. Ho hum."

Kristian has phoned it in for years (if you don't count Zack's death).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...do I disagree.

I don't think she's phoning it in AT ALL. We hardly got a look at anything in that clip in regards to that scene. She was in shock. I would be too if I just shot my sister in law LOL.

I don't think they spoiled much here. I think anyone who's been watching knows Kayla will be shot because of the visions and they know it will be Hope. It's what happens afterward that no one knows about and that is not spoiled in the promo at all.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Ellie
Feb 2 2009, 04:25 PM
The whole thing just came off as choppy and uncoordinated
Like everything else on Days. :eyeroll:

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 2 2009, 06:58 PM
Amello

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Kristian has phoned it in for years (if you don't count Zack's death).
WTH does "phoning it in" even mean anyway?

KA is an AWESOME actress. It's not her fault the material sucks.

Deleted User
Deleted User

KristianFanForever
Feb 3 2009, 04:22 AM
Sindacco
Feb 2 2009, 06:58 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
WTH does "phoning it in" even mean anyway?

KA is an AWESOME actress. It's not her fault the material sucks.
Phoning it in means the actor/actress purposely doesn't give a scene 100%, instead he/she "phones in" him/her's performance resulting in less than stellar work. Kristian has being doing this for a while now, IMO.

I agree that Kristian is a good actress as well though. She just seems not to have it in her to care about the crappy/stupid material she gets.
Quote Post Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 3 2009, 04:49 AM
Phoning it in means the actor/actress purposely doesn't give a scene 100%, instead he/she "phones in" him/her's performance resulting in less than stellar work. Kristian has being doing this for a while now, IMO.

I agree that Kristian is a good actress as well though. She just seems not to have it in her to care about the crappy/stupid material she gets.
Okie doke! Thanks for the clarification!

I don't blame KA for not even bothering with the crap they've given her lately.

Kenny
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Feb 3 2009, 06:43 AM
I don't blame KA for not even bothering with the crap they've given her lately.
I don't blame her for not liking the material, but I do think she should give it her all. She's getting paid good money to suck it up, LoL.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 3 2009, 11:19 AM
I don't blame her for not liking the material, but I do think she should give it her all. She's getting paid good money to suck it up, LoL.
Not everyone can do nothing but gasp through their lines like Deidre Hall can. LOL!
Edited by KristianFanForever, Feb 3 2009, 01:09 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I just think they havent had any good material for her since Zack's death. It's too bad she's painted in the corner as the good girl, she really rocked as bad girl Princess Gina!

I agree that you should be giving your all especially since she chose to stay there!
Liz

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Feb 3 2009, 01:07 PM
I just think they havent had any good material for her since Zack's death. It's too bad she's painted in the corner as the good girl, she really rocked as bad girl Princess Gina!
ITA!

Kyrai

Amello
Kenny

What an awful promo. They finally get a vet story that should at least be a little exciting, and it looks boring as can be. I've always liked KA, but she doesn't look the least bit interested here.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Suzanne Rogers is sharing much of her screentime with the actress playing Melanie and or Nadia Bjorlin, which has to be sort of like green screen or acting opposite a rock, and she's clearly putting effort into it. Alfonso can find it in her to do the same, or she can leave if she's not happy. There's the budget to worry about...

I think she was great during John's last fake death, too.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

I wish she would just quit if she's truly bored, but who knows. Not every damn performance can be on the money.

I think some just expect too much of her. Especially with the DH's and now MBE and SN gone.

Kenny
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Feb 4 2009, 03:20 AM
I wish she would just quit if she's truly bored, but who knows. Not every damn performance can be on the money.

I think some just expect too much of her. Especially with the DH's and now MBE and SN gone.
The same thing is said about every actress on the show if they turn in a bad performance. What makes Kristian exempt from the same critiques? MBE and SN's exits have nothing to do with me or anyone else "expecting too much from her." In fact, I said that I think her acting looks bad in this promo before the news of MBE and SN's firings was even leaked.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply