Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols & Mary Beth Evans fired! UPDATE; Updated with last tape date info.
Topic Started: Feb 3 2009, 04:52 PM (17,243 Views)
Ellie

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Huge DAYS News!
Soap Opera Digest has learned exclusively that the super popular Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) and Stephen Nichols (Steve), who returned to the show in 2006, have been let go. "It's like they're getting rid of everyone over 40," sighs a setside source. Read more about it in an upcoming issue of Digest.

UPDATE - Exit story info from their board administrator:

http://www.steveandkayla.com/forum/index.php?topic=17982.msg696789#msg696789

Okay, here's what's happening. Stephen and Mary Beth will not be getting an exit story AT ALL!!! Steve and Kayla will simply stop being on the show but the show will pretend they are still there because they will be mentioned by some of the other characters occasionally.

UPDATE - Last tape date info from their board administrator - she also posted that she has no info on their last scene or last airdate:

http://www.steveandkayla.com/forum/index.php?topic=17982.msg697296#msg697296

Stephen and Mary Beth's last tape day was last Wednesday.
Edited by Ellie, Feb 4 2009, 12:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

Hmmmm...okay, this is a surprise and at the same time, it isn't, everyone's been predicting they've been fired during every firing session since like....late 07 or so.

But at the same time, I am just a tad surprised because when they fired Thaao, I thought they were safe, especially MBE with how they use her as the local doctor(unless there has to be some huge life saving operation that Daniel needs to be called in for :P). And with Drake, Deidre, Thaao, probably LeAnn, and now Stephen and Mary Beth...are Bo and Hope the only ones we really have in that age range anymore?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

OMG! :o

I'll have to return after I've wrapped my brain around this news...

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

This should be interesting...

RING THE ALARM

Ives
Member Avatar

I don't care if a lot of people here have been predicting this.

It doesn't really soften the blow, and it totally breaks my heart.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

..and it continues

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie called it!

Personally, I can't say I'm surprised. The writing for Stephen and Mary Beth has left much to be desired since the day they returned in 2006. The writers have done virtually nothing with them, minus a few good bits here and there. Even so, I'm sad that they're going. Stephen is one of the few decent actors still left, and the character of Kayla is one of the few who don't make me want to blow my head off.

This show flat out sucks, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll give Steve and Kayla a happy exit, unlike the one that John and Marlena were given.

...and so the dismantling of Days of Our Lives continues.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ok. Done and back.

While I have been calling for Evans and Nichols' firings for a while now, I can't believe that they're actually going. When Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn were fired, I thought for sure Evans and Nichols would be safe. Then, Thaao Penghlis was fired and that cemented the idea that Evans and Nichols would remain. But now, to hear that they're leaving as well. What does that leave us with? Bo and Hope? That's it!

I guess you could consider Abe and Lexie as the other supercouple of Salem, but Bo and Hope are pretty much it now. I can't believe this is actually happening.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not shocking at all, for me anyway.

Stephen Nichols is THE best actor on the show bar none and Mary Beth Evans is easily in the top 3 so seeing talent like them go is a huge injustice. However, they're characters haven't done barely anything interesting since they're return and they seemed to not hit it off with the viewers that never saw them before. They had so much potential, especially Steve since he's one of the few characters on the show that has layers ... oh well.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Fuck. Me. Running.

Yes, they don't write for them. But all these firings in one week - who's next? Are we going to even have a show after this?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

If Steve and Kayla re given even a half-decent exit, this John and Marlena fan is going to be pissed. :)

leelee
Member Avatar

Sorry for their fans. This sucks. But honestly, I don't see it as a big deal because they've kinda sucked since their return IMO. It'll still be sad to see them go...I don't think it'll be a big impact though.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What is Tomlin doing to this show?

daysfan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 3 2009, 05:01 PM
Ok. Done and back.

While I have been calling for Evans and Nichols' firings for a while now, I can't believe that they're actually going. When Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn were fired, I thought for sure Evans and Nichols would be safe. Then, Thaao Penghlis was fired and that cemented the idea that Evans and Nichols would remain. But now, to hear that they're leaving as well. What does that leave us with? Bo and Hope? That's it!

I guess you could consider Abe and Lexie as the other supercouple of Salem, but Bo and Hope are pretty much it now. I can't believe this is actually happening.
Exactly! Those are my thoughts on this particular subject.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

What took Dena so long? I can tell she's been itching to to write these two off ever since Ava took her sights off Steve and set them on John.

For a show that's known for it's supercouples, it's definitely losing some with starpower.

I don't think Bo and Hope are next. At least not until Dena has Bo diagnosed with polio, measels, and the black plague.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

that just shows this thought in mind.....those that DID take cuts, are they even safe?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I agree with fans saying that they're not shocked by this decision, or that Steve and Kayla haven't done anything and are useless. I agree with that. However, Tomlin is ripping this show from anything that resembles what it used to be. First, John and Marlena. Now, Steve and Kayla.

This show's not even recognizable anymore.

And yet Josh Taylor's Roman is still here.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm not blaming Higley for this one. And I'm not blaming Corday. This is a Tomlin decision. He's to blame.

daysfan
Member Avatar

MichaelGL
Feb 3 2009, 05:04 PM
What took Dena so long? I can tell she's been itching to to write these two off ever since Ava took her sights off Steve and set them on John.

For a show that's known for it's supercouples, it's definitely losing some with starpower.

I don't think Bo and Hope are next. At least not until Dena has Bo diagnosed with polio, measels, and the black plague.
I think they'll keep Bo and Hope. I think the show likes them....and none of them would be so idiotic as to cut those two along with all these other people. They are the last big supercouple, one of the very last supercouples, and some of the last characters in that age range. There are Abe, Lexie, and...Roman kinda....but the latter is never on nor does he have story.

Ponz
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 3 2009, 05:03 PM
What is Tomlin doing to this show?
Not much he can do if Higley refuses to write for them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply