Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stephen Nichols & Mary Beth Evans fired! UPDATE; Updated with last tape date info.
Topic Started: Feb 3 2009, 04:52 PM (17,237 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

jules
Feb 3 2009, 05:19 PM
You can believe it or not. That's what I heard.
Well, we hear a lot of things on the Internet. Don't always believe them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Whoa! Its like the SSK all over again. Either the budget is much worse than we can even imagine, or Tomlin has to be really sure with himself and the plans he has for the show.

As for the firings, I quess for me its the same like with Thaoo and less with Deidre and Drake. Im sorry to see them go, but they were never on and the show already forced me move on and Im really enjoying the characters and stories which are on front now, so it will not have any impact on my watching habit.

Still, Salem seems to be emptier and emptier and I would quess we will see some returns soon as well, my best quess are Shelle because of the Bope connection.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

wkline
Feb 3 2009, 05:18 PM
Could someone give me a grouphug I'm reaaly upset!! :frown: :frown:
I knew you would be and I'm really sorry about this.

((((hugs))))

Kenny
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
We are losing people we love on the show...actors we want to stay, but yet we are continuing to watch the dribble anyway.
I'm not.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ponz
Ed Scott thought the same thing.
Yes, he did and he did just that. What he did wrong and where he failed was when he actually rewrote Higley's scripts. There's one thing to tell the head writer who to write for. It's an entirely different scenerio when you take head writer's scripts and alter them without her knowledge.

wkline
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Feb 3 2009, 05:20 PM
wkline
Could someone give me a grouphug I'm reaaly upset!! :frown: :frown:
I knew you would be and I'm really sorry about this.

((((hugs))))
Thank, OBK!! :smooch:

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Kenny
Feb 3 2009, 05:21 PM
NavJLee8785
We are losing people we love on the show...actors we want to stay, but yet we are continuing to watch the dribble anyway.
I'm not.
I'm not, either...Y&R and B&B fill my stomach up w/ the right amount of flavor and seasonings.
It just makes me question.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This isn't surprising.....

Like someone else said Days is getting rid of all the wrong people. At least with AW the last few years had people left we actually recognized, it may not have been the best storyline wise but there were still characters left that viewers wanted to see.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I don't think NBC wants an all new show. I think NBC doesn't want the show at all.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oh, he's absolutely helping the show's budget. But at what cost?

It pains me more to watch this show be pulled limb from limb and be written into the ground than it would to just end it while there's still some semblance of familiarity.
I don't know, Kenny. I'm hoping that Tomlin has ideas for the show's future and that's why he's getting the budget ready so that he can start executing those ideas.

I want this show to continue airing. I love DAYS. It's a part of my life and always will be. While John, Marlena, Steve and Kayla are now gone, I still have Bo, Hope, Maggie, Abe, Lexie, Sami, Lucas, Stefan, etc. to watch.

Mason
Member Avatar

And people honestly thought Steve and Kayla were safe.

Wish I could say I was surprised.

peaches179

Ponz
DrewHamilton
Feb 3 2009, 05:09 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Ed Scott thought the same thing.

:rockon:

Days4Life

Like others have said, I'm not surprised and can even understand this decision from a financial standpoint because they are so underused. But having said that, this is a blow to the gut for me. SN and MBE are so talented and such a joy to see onscreen, and I will miss them terribly.

What makes these firings even worse is that Roman is still around, doing absolutely nothing, and SC and NB are apparently still employed, although their acting is among the worst on the show right now. If they want to build up the younger cast, fine--they should have been working on that already instead of relying on the vets so much in past years. My worry is that this is too much, too fast. You can't gut the show of vets without having characters established to take their place.

jules

DrewHamilton
jules
You can believe it or not. That's what I heard.
Well, we hear a lot of things on the Internet. Don't always believe them.
Actually, I didn't hear it on the internet. And I don't see how what I'm saying (about just focusing on the next generation) is any different from what you're saying. They are cutting the budget by getting rid of all the older characters. If they really wanted to, they could have probably axed a few others like Max, Phil, Chelsea and kept Payla for the same money. Who really knows, but IMO it's all dependent on age as to which actors are gone.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

jane1978
Still, Salem seems to be emptier and emptier and I would quess we will see some returns soon as well, my best quess are Shelle because of the Bope connection.

I do think returns are on the way. I'm just not sure who, exactly. I could see Shawn returning. I don't know about Belle with John and Marlena gone. I don't think she's needed. Yes, you can say that Brady's on the show without John and Marlena, but he has Victor. Who would Belle have? She would have Sami and Brady and that's about it.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't think we're gonna be getting any returns. Not even Shawn and Belle.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I think they really are dismantling this show piece by piece and when they finally cancel it, no one will care because they've all stopped watching anyway. :angry:

e83talus
Member Avatar

I can't help but believe this is mass suicide for them. In a two week period we have the fiasco that was J&M's exit, Thao's Firing and Now Payla's gone. This is ridiculous and not good in the short or long term....These are big people leaving this show, not Melanie's and Chelsea's of Days!

I would even say that these firings are :shame: worse than SSK, except for when Alice was killed off.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Seems the backstage drama is more appealing that what is on our screen right now. More or less, we are anticipating what is next as far as firings go, not what comes next on the show. It now makes more sense as to why DAYS PR dept. won't do any interviews for my show....they don't want to promote the hellhole it is in now!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Everyone keeps bringing up the SSK. I actually wish these firings were due to a serial killing because at least there would be some suspence to go along with these firings. No. These people are just going to exit one day and never be heard from again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply