Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Dena's blog is GONE
Topic Started: Feb 3 2009, 07:40 PM (2,390 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I just don't even care anymore. I've passed the point of caring, because this show is too much of an emotional up and down rollercoaster to let yourself care.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I doubt she's gone just because the blog is. Would they really go to all that trouble at this point, especially if the ratings are stable? It was probably just too exhausting for her to maintain. Coming up with ideas is hard, yo.

I'm appalled by the idea that she would get a month-long vacation. It makes me want to unleash a flurry of profanities, because it's really, really unfair.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Please tell me this leads to her leaving.

Mason

Good! Now let the blog's author be gone too!

Courtney1942

Could it be... The wicked old witch at last is dead?

Naa, that would be too good to be true. It just means that people really did get tired of hearing what she had for dinner and so on. blah blah blah...

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Is Days really going to go to the trouble to give this dying show a new head writer? I just don't buy Corday/NBC caring enough to deal with the hassle of actually bringing in a new HW to finish out the final 12 months or whatever this is going to be on the air.

peaches179

Ponz
Feb 3 2009, 08:44 PM
Best creative decision DOOL has made in months.

:roflol:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Oh no, how will I survive no longer hearing about the trials and tribulations of a no talent hack?

Maloue924
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Feb 3 2009, 11:05 PM
Is Days really going to go to the trouble to give this dying show a new head writer? I just don't buy Corday/NBC caring enough to deal with the hassle of actually bringing in a new HW to finish out the final 12 months or whatever this is going to be on the air.
I agree. With all the peeps that have been removed from the show lately (Nick, John, Marlena, Tony and now, possibly, Steve and Kayla), and with the little contract it has left, it seems like the show is being dismantled piece by piece. I hope that's not the case, but it sure seems that way...

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I still like Days and think the paring back is much needed.

King
Member Avatar

She's not the reason. Corday's the reason.

He has a history of making his writers be the face of his shitty decisions.

Higley's stint this time really hasn't been that bad, but it's been plagued by horrible casting decisions.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Can't say I'm surprised. Can you imagine what the comment section would be like right now??? Her blogs were useless if you ask me anyway. It's ironic isn't it.......she can't even write a decent blog!! ;)

FanODays

Kenny
Feb 3 2009, 07:51 PM
With any luck, this means she's either quit or been fired. I'll be thrilled.

Chances are, they probably just saw what a colossal fail this blog was and decided to call it a day.
Nah, Dena probably whined because it took valuable time away from her quality writing and deciding who to tell Ken to fire next.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

Higley is such a hack...I hope she is gone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply