Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for week of February 16th; *UPDATED 2/11*
Topic Started: Feb 3 2009, 11:02 PM (9,998 Views)
peaches179

squee
Feb 4 2009, 03:47 AM
Angie79
Feb 3 2009, 11:02 PM
Bo urges Hope to give their relationship another shot;
So instead of firing Peter and Kristian and replacing them with retarded 15 year olds, they'll just have them ACT like retarded 15 year olds? Yeah, that'll work :hmmph:

LMAO!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks, Angie! Sounds like a good week!
Thanks for getting these to us!

ilovemydays

Once you factor in all the times that Bo has tried to use his job authority over Hope to protect her I can see why she would be pissed.
IMO, this story would play better if Hope were Bo's boss and together they had to find a way to secretly incorporate his visions into their work. I mean, you can't exactly announce to the rest of the police force that ever since your husband hit his head he's been seeing things and that your are going to let these psychic visions influence your decisions.

Ponz
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2009, 03:38 AM
Chloe realizes she still loves Lucas and something tells me this explosion brings her and Lucas back together. The story is far from over and that much is clear so it's not the climax.
Any storyteller worth their salt knows that you save the most dramatic moment for the climax. Even if Lucas loses his memory and finds out again at a later date, it's never as exciting the second time around. IA with Kenny that this twist completely deflates the story.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Let's also remember Lucas is already drunk. Something tells me he won't even remember hearing the truth.
Oh, good. Then it'll be just like the days of JER. Splendid.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

These sound really good, can't wait.

Beth
Member Avatar

At least Bo and Hope have a story even if it is stupid. I would love to see Max and Chelsea together; oops! Aren't they related??? I almost forgot Max can't have a relationship with anyone not in the Brady family. I do like them together though; I just wish they weren't related. Nicole will get caught and it will be poorly written- just like every other story line.

Mason
Member Avatar

Beth
Feb 4 2009, 12:53 PM
At least Bo and Hope have a story even if it is stupid.
Honestly, I'd rather they have NO story than this shit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Feb 4 2009, 09:36 AM
PhoenixRising05
Chloe realizes she still loves Lucas and something tells me this explosion brings her and Lucas back together. The story is far from over and that much is clear so it's not the climax.
Any storyteller worth their salt knows that you save the most dramatic moment for the climax. Even if Lucas loses his memory and finds out again at a later date, it's never as exciting the second time around. IA with Kenny that this twist completely deflates the story.
How does it deflate it? It adds another wrinkle to it.

It keeps Maggie at bay and keeps Chloe and Daniel apart until the inevitable wedding. If Chloe stays with him due to injury, it just makes the inevitable reveal harder for Lucas to deal with and should really make people hate Chloe and Daniel.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2009, 12:58 PM
If Chloe stays with him due to injury, it just makes the inevitable reveal harder for Lucas to deal with and should really make people hate Chloe and Daniel.
No need for that, LoL. I and many others already do!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 4 2009, 11:37 AM
PhoenixRising05
Let's also remember Lucas is already drunk. Something tells me he won't even remember hearing the truth.
Oh, good. Then it'll be just like the days of JER. Splendid.
Which you and others praise LOL.

This shit is no worse then most of the stuff JER churned out in his first run. Was it better executed then? Yes. Somehow he managed to make Bo and Hope spending years apart when it all could've been solved by talking come off exciting. Same goes for John and Marlena. However, these same sort of stupid misunderstandings that could easily be solved by talking things out coming between couples and having something revealed only for it not to be by backtracking for some reason happened all through his first run and second and were contrived BS. Was Days entertaining? Yes. But the more and more I watch JER's stuff over the more I see through the illusion and I'm not just talking about his second run. His runs had their moments but he had to rely on character stupidity to make all his stories work.

Perhaps people's tastes change but it does bother me when stories like this were praised under another writer and now get criticized. If you want to criticize and point out the stories are lacking, that is fine. I acknowledge the stories could be better and they aren't being executed as well but the premise of the stories are no worse then what many praised under JER.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2009, 01:07 PM
Mason
Feb 4 2009, 11:37 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Which you and others praise LOL.
Uh, I've never once praised his idiotic fakeouts, so I don't know where you're getting that from...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 4 2009, 01:10 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2009, 01:07 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Uh, I've never once praised his idiotic fakeouts, so I don't know where you're getting that from...
Not talking about the fakeouts.

I'm talking about pretty much every one of JER's stories which relied on the stupidity of characters to get by. Everything was contrived. Bo and Hope, Austin and Carrie, John and Marlena...all kept apart but if they had just had one simple conversation or two they would've worked things out and been back together. That is contrived and that makes them all look stupid. It's one of the reasons I wasn't that high on JER's first run. Those characters would never be like that but people ate it up and praise those stories. Maybe people have changed now or maybe because they grew up during that era, it means more to them. I grew up around the 80's era and for years I didn't pick up on some of the problems then.

I think it's all about escapism. JER added things to make what was onscreen larger then life, usually doing that by taking the characters to another locale or doing something outlandish and people got caught up in that and still do. That is how he covered up much of the writing. That and the writing team was stronger. The premises were no worse then they are now though and the show has just as much contrivance and dumbing down of characters as it did then. It probably had more of that back then.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2009, 01:22 PM
Not talking about the fakeouts.

Well that's what I was talking about.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That's fine but my post was not just directed at you.

It was just a general observation based on reactions I've seen across the net.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Feb 4 2009, 02:33 AM
"Maggie told him about Chloe's affair."

I knew it!

Rather than a big, dramatic reveal at the wedding, we're being treated to Maggie randomly blurting it out to him at the Cheatin' Heart. It takes all the air out of the already trite story and completely deflates it.

The Bo/Hope stuff sounds contrived and boring. So does Chloe's "realization" that Daniel is the one for her. Also, way too much of the Phillip/Stephanie/Melanie story. I can already tell they'll be on every single day.

Another week I won't be watching. Thanks, Angie! :)
OK so Lucas falls off the wagon BEFORE Maggie tells him about the affair? WTF? Did I miss something? And she decides in the midst of seeing him drunk to give him even more bad news? Wouldn't it make more sense that Maggie would go to the Cheatin Heart with every intention of telling him the truth but then upon seeing him hold back that information and in true soap opera fashion that Maggie and Chloe would drag out the secret longer in the fears that if he knew he would totally give up on sobriety?

And good grief at the explosion. I mean I'm never against seeing Lucas humiliated/watching things literal or figurative blow up in his face, but this sounds like Higley found some unused script from the Brady vs. DiMera saga and Andre's unabomber days in some drawer somewhere. If that's where the show is going, then here's hoping she brings back Andre in the clown suit or crossdressing Trandre one more time before Thaao leaves too.

phicklover

cassie1013
Feb 4 2009, 03:36 AM
Phillip and Melanie, I like.

I don't quite understand the Daniel/Chloe story. Why are they trying to make it more than it is? It's just sex, leave it at that .... DAYS always tries to retract that and make it about "true love." This kind of reminds me Phyllis and Nick from Y&R, but much, much worse!
i dont understand the chloe/lucas pairing. she doesnt love him and i dont think that he loves her. this pairing was just ridiculous to begin with, therefore i cant imagine why the triangle. is there anyone that wants chloe and lucas together? it just doesnt make any sense.

and why would you even compare phyllis and nick to them, unless you are a sharon/nick fan. Four years later, nick and phyllis are still married (although he and sharon are cheating at the moment). please dont say it is just about sex, because then i will say that sharon and nick are all about cheating and pimping their dead daughter at every turn.

nick and phyllis are best friends, business partners, lovers, husband and wife, parents and family.

and i hope the same comes to chloe and daniel as well. there is no chemistry with lucas.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

really? am I suppose to care about Melanie? I went from disliking her to outright hating the bitch...Like I want to see her die in a fire, anything that gets her off my screen for good. We lose Mary Beth, Stephen, and Thaoo, but hey lets keep the character Melanie-cause its really working out....NOT!

dorothyg
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Angie...looks like quite a week coming up. I can't believe that Bo and Hopes relationship could take this to separate them They have been through so much more.

hopebrady

Mason
Feb 3 2009, 11:06 PM
Angie79
Feb 3 2009, 11:02 PM
Bo urges Hope to give their relationship another shot
SO. Stupid.

No way in a million years would this tear Bo and Hope apart after all that they've been through. This whole idiotic thing is barely a blip on the radar compared to most of the obstacles they've overcome.
Well of course it wouldn't, but this is not just about Kayla. I think KA explained that in her interview.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply