Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for week of February 16th; *UPDATED 2/11*
Topic Started: Feb 3 2009, 11:02 PM (9,890 Views)
Ives
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 6 2009, 11:02 PM
Friday
Stephanie interrupts a close moment between Melanie and Philip; Stefano worries that Melanie will ruin the DiMeras.
Wow. Remember not so recently when it would have been MARLENA not Melanie who would have worried Stefano? Kind of takes the phrase "Out with the vets, in with the new." to a whole new level.

OMG, Joe M. must love Stefano being worried by an 18 year old whiny punk. :drunk:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 6 2009, 11:09 PM
Just when she had started growing on me, it looks like DAYS is reverting back to being The Melanie Layton Hour as it was in September/October. Oh, goody.
Why?

Her screentime was vastly diminished in December and in January we hardly seen her. The first week of February we got her twice. In the spoilers for next week, she is listed twice and, so far, for this week she is listed 3 times. How is that airtime hogging? It's nothing like October/November. Not even close.

As for Stefano, I doubt he is worried about HER. I think he's worried about her going back to the Kiriakis' so he is more worried about their part in this then her.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Alright, the show is okay to good for me right now, definitely enjoying it more than I used to, but I will say its stupid for Stefano to worry that an 18 year old is going to destroy the DiMera's, which have withstood MUUUCH larger threats over the years.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 7 2009, 01:19 AM
Mason
Feb 6 2009, 11:09 PM
Just when she had started growing on me, it looks like DAYS is reverting back to being The Melanie Layton Hour as it was in September/October. Oh, goody.
Why?

Her screentime was vastly diminished in December and in January we hardly seen her. The first week of February we got her twice. In the spoilers for next week, she is listed twice and, so far, for this week she is listed 3 times. How is that airtime hogging? It's nothing like October/November. Not even close.
Close enough for me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 7 2009, 01:34 AM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 7 2009, 01:19 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Close enough for me.
So, after a period of being lucky to air twice a week, she airs at most 3 times in a week that we know of upcoming, which is basically the same pattern she's been in since November, and this is close enough for you?

Ok...she essentially has had no change in her airtime pattern so I don't understand how you can say that.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 7 2009, 01:41 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'll just wait and see w/this stupid Melanie v Steffy confrontation. I highly doubt Steffy's going to be quaking in his boots!
We'll just be seeing an actor and the smirker that makes faces!
Liz

Mason
Member Avatar

I say that because it seems that, once again, Melanie is all over the place, involved with half the canvas. Philip, Stephanie, Brady, E.J., Victor, Stefano, Max, Chelsea...I really don't care to see Melanie be the center of the show (again).
Edited by Mason, Feb 7 2009, 01:46 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Ah, ok. I get what your saying now. I can see your point. I disagree but I see your point.

Maybe that is because I've always liked the character and the actress though.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 7 2009, 01:47 AM.

Ives
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 7 2009, 01:47 AM
^Ah, ok. I get what your saying now. I can see your point. I disagree but I see your point.

If only she was like 25 years old or thereabouts. Then I could swallow some of the stuff they are having her play out. Or maybe it is because the actress plays her so much like a high school teenager - I have a hard time taking her very seriously in some of these business things.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ives
Feb 7 2009, 01:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 7 2009, 01:47 AM

If only she was like 25 years old or thereabouts. Then I could swallow some of the stuff they are having her play out. Or maybe it is because the actress plays her so much like a high school teenager - I have a hard time taking her very seriously in some of these business things.
See, I don't think your supposed to.

The project fell into her lap, essentially. She has no business handling this yet she has the rights to it and is using it for her own selfish gain. I don't think the show is trying to make her out to be a serious business woman. She is what she is and I prefer that and like the way they are handling it, unlike with Sami and Austin in the 90's who I never bought as business people at all yet they were portrayed as serious business people. Carrie and Lucas I bought but not them.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^I have to disagree!
Its fine to make the character of Melanie a clueless business woman....but a WOMAN..not a child! I like the SL in that both huge companies are vying for this Earth-saving project and it all lies w/the hands of a character like Melanie.
But..this actress SUCKS...its her first job....and it REALLY shows! If theyre going to bring in a "green" actor for this juicy role at least make her LOOK OLDER. She really looks out of her league and its such a waste of a decent SL!
PLEASE RECAST THE ROLE NOW!!!

As for Austin and Sami. I actually liked Sami when she worked w/Nicole and they had their little spats...and Austin I believed as someone who worked in advertising...inventor of super great product...no....but making up ads....I could buy!
How about buying Sami working in the hospital....now...THATS a stretch!! :lol:
Liz

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Liz<3Days
Feb 7 2009, 02:12 AM
^I have to disagree!
Its fine to make the character of Melanie a clueless business woman....but a WOMAN..not a child! I like the SL in that both huge companies are vying for this Earth-saving project and it all lies w/the hands of a character like Melanie.
But..this actress SUCKS...its her first job....and it REALLY shows! If theyre going to bring in a "green" actor for this juicy role at least make her LOOK OLDER. She really looks out of her league and its such a waste of a decent SL!

As for Austin and Sami. I actually liked Sami when she worked w/Nicole and they had their little spats...and Austin I believed as someone who worked in advertising...inventor of super great product...no....but making up ads....I could buy!
Liz
In all fairness, they probably didn't intend to put her in the story they did at first and the actress plays younger then she is. The show made the mistake of making her 18. That was dumb. There really is no need for a recast IMO.

As for Austin and Sami, I'm talking about their early days. I'm not talking about 2005-2006 when Austin, Sami, and Nicole were working together. I'm talking about when Sami was around Melanie's age and a corporate exec at Titan. She actually had a title and was being treated like a serious business woman, which is my point. They tried to portray her seriously as that while the show is not trying to do that with Melanie here. This all fell into Melanie's lap and all she does is own the rights. She knows nothing of business or the project.

jane1978

Liz<3Days
Feb 7 2009, 02:12 AM
^I have to disagree!

Liz
I think thatīs the point. If the writers wanted Melanie to look older and more grownup they could. Remember when we first saw a civil photos of Molly Burnett? She looked atleast 20, 22 and no way as Mel now.

But Melanie as character gains all her power from the fact lookwise she is still young sweet innocent girl. Men like Phillip and EJ know how to deal with tough business woman like Kate, but against Mel are totally powerless. She is not negotiable, she is not rational, she reminds me those sweet perfect teen girls from Miramax movies, who are oh so innocent yet doing everything in their power to seduce her mumīs older boyfriend and likes to play all these twisted and sexual games with men.

As for the acting abilities, I quess itīs in the eye of beholder but I think she is very good. She is not afraid to play against the experienced actors and she is not afraid to make the character her own. She has her weeker days as anyone like the scenes from the Nickīs court, but Iīm really enjoying her when she plays opposite Max, Phillip and Maggie. I certainly donīt agree with recasting the character, because that would destroy everything what makes her uniq.
Edited by jane1978, Feb 7 2009, 04:41 AM.

jules

Stefano worrying about Melanie ruining the DiMeras is the funniest spoiler I've read in a long time. How far the mighty have fallen LOL!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Angie79
Friday
Stephanie interrupts a close moment between Melanie and Philip; Stefano worries that Melanie will ruin the DiMeras.
No freaking words. Posted Image

pspcindy
Member Avatar

LOL too late Phoenix. I hate them already. Dr. Dirty soured me early on when he went for Dr. Surfer Shorts, to the guy who chases every woman he sees in a hospital gown.

I'm glad to see that Lucas may get a meatier story out of this.

thanks Angie!
Edited by pspcindy, Feb 7 2009, 09:46 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Feb 7 2009, 03:27 AM
In all fairness, they probably didn't intend to put her in the story they did at first and the actress plays younger then she is. The show made the mistake of making her 18. That was dumb. There really is no need for a recast IMO.

As for Austin and Sami, I'm talking about their early days. I'm not talking about 2005-2006 when Austin, Sami, and Nicole were working together. I'm talking about when Sami was around Melanie's age and a corporate exec at Titan. She actually had a title and was being treated like a serious business woman, which is my point. They tried to portray her seriously as that while the show is not trying to do that with Melanie here. This all fell into Melanie's lap and all she does is own the rights. She knows nothing of business or the project.
I don't think they're trying to portray her as a serious business woman either. What they ARE trying to do is to portray her as a slick con artist who can manipulate older men. And for that, I stand by my assertion that I've made since they started putting her in scenes with Philip, she is woefully miscast. It's not that they're trying to pass her off as some corporate shark. It's that apparently Philip, Brady, Victor, EJ and Stefano all are clueless when it comes to how to handle her. They're acting like she's Linda Fiorentino in The Last Seduction, an amoral user who will do anything it takes to put herself on top. IMO, Molly Burnett simply does not have those kinds of acting chops and even if she were playing her actual age instead of 18, I would still find it ridiculous.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Ok I get that shes inherited the project and is not a businesswoman...but if she's trying to pull a con job..on Vic AND Stefano...you have to be smart about it. I would think she could talk to Max about the project (he did fix it?) to get to know some of the key components, she can talk to Kate about being a business woman and how she got to the top.

I just dont see her being cunning and just relying on the bat of her eyes and stupid pout. I can see her fooling Phil because he's too busy trying to woo Stephanie and getting into the sand box w/stupid lame insults to Melanie, that I can see her getting the one up on him. Now, I think Brady's playing it smart- like Phil is "bad cop" and he's "good cop."

If you're thinking movies about young teens seducing olderr men..like "The Crush" w/Alicia Silverstone...yes...I can see that, but I cant see it w/MB's acting!

ges
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 7 2009, 09:05 AM
Angie79
Friday
No freaking words. Posted Image
The next thing you know Stephano will be doing product placement for Depends.

That is the thing that I love about this show. Just when you think it can't get any dumber..............

dooldooldool

The only question remaining for Melanie.... Will she become Mrs Victor Kiriakis or Mrs Stefano DiMera?

I lay odds on Miss Melanie ending up as Mrs. K. Victor has been duped before by Vivian and Nicole (and Carly Manning to some extent).
Edited by dooldooldool, Feb 7 2009, 09:32 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply