Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Hope leaves Bo!; Feb 17th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 4 2009, 11:17 AM (3,656 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW both feature interviews with Kristian Alfonso about the Bo/Hope story.

After Hope accidentally shoots Kayla, Hope goes to visit Kayla in the hospital. Hope tells Kayla that Steve knew about Bo's visions. Kayla and Steve discuss this and work things out between them, but unfortunately Bo and Hope can't manage to do the same.

Alfonso tells SOD that Hope is "very disappointed" and that she goes to Doug and Julie's with Ciara. Alfonso explains that "Hope tells [Bo] she doesn't know if she can ever trust him again... she says to him, 'I don't know if I'll ever get over this or move back again.'"

Bo tries to stop Hope, and as Alfonso tells SOW, "He kind of throws it in her face and says, 'Fine. I don't need you. I'll deal with everything on my own.'" Alfonso says that the scenes are "very well-written" because they sound like a real argument. Hope apologizes to Bo and tells him this is just something she needs to do now. As Alfonso tells SOW, "This is all about everything that's happened with Bo and Hope and their relationship over the years; how many times they've promised never to lie to or withhold information from each other... every time Bo and Hope have a problem, the core issue is that he doesn't trust her enough to share the information." Alfonso concludes by saying that Hope just needs time to figure this out.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ....

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Well I guess a couple with no conflict is just too dull. Hopefully this is not a prelude to breaking Bope up for good or the facilitate an exit.

Thanks Ellie.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I still say that this is completely ridiculous. Something this stupid shouldn't warrant a breakup, or even the threat of one, for Bo and Hope. Just ridiculous.

Thanks Ellie!

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 4 2009, 11:29 AM
I still say that this is completely ridiculous. Something this stupid shouldn't warrant a breakup, or even the threat of one, for Bo and Hope. Just ridiculous.
Ditto, ditto, ditto! This story just keeps on getting dumber and dumber.

Alligato
Member Avatar

The reasoning behind the breakup is totally unfair and stupid.
Hope, with all her police training, shot at an unarmed man with Kayla right next to her. This isn't Bo's fault. This is all Hope's doing, dammit! Can the woman take some blame for her stupidity and bad accuracy?
To me, Bo's silly visions are irrelevant.

Hope should take some lessons from Lucas on how to shoot the intended target 20 feet away while he is flanked on all sides by other people including the woman he loves. If Lucas can do it, Hope should have no problem.

Totally stupid and plot driven.

cjknick
Member Avatar

It is a stupid reason .... But my bet is that Galen tested well with Kristian and they are going to pair them up together I could see them becoming partners and developing a romance for a little while!

peaches179

Alligato
Feb 4 2009, 11:37 AM
Hope should take some lessons from Lucas on how to shoot the intended target 20 feet away while he is flanked on all sides by other people including the woman he loves. If Lucas can do it, Hope should have no problem.

LMAO! Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Alligato
Feb 4 2009, 11:37 AM
The reasoning behind the breakup is totally unfair and stupid.
Hope, with all her police training, shot at an unarmed man with Kayla right next to her. This isn't Bo's fault. This is all Hope's doing, dammit! Can the woman take some blame for her stupidity and bad accuracy?
To me, Bo's silly visions are irrelevant.

Totally stupid and plot driven.
Heaven forbid Bo be held accountable for his stupidity and lies.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kristian reasoned this out just like Peter did in SOW last week and I agree.

I really think the psychic stuff has set people up not to like the conflict.

Bo has lied to Hope before. Hope has lied to Bo before. The last lie came when their son died. They promised never to do this again. Someone nearly died because of this. How is this not big enough to cause problems? As Kristian says, Hope needs time. She is pissed beyond belief and with good reason. It does make sense.

I've already said I understand why he didn't tell her or Kayla and, even if I didn't sometimes people do make mistakes. It happens all the time in real life and people wonder why someone did it. This is no worse then the 90's when not talking about something would keep couples apart. Those were stupid misunderstandings. At least this has some merit and exposes the fact that they still have trust issues and they are drawing upon history for that.

I can't wait to see the scenes.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2009, 01:12 PM
Even without the psychic aspect, I still think this is dumb. Of course, the psychic crap certainly doesn't help, either.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Well, we got our Bo and Hope story that's about them and not just them being cops in other people's stories. However, this storyline is very poor and I'm ashamed of Higley considering what a fan bitch she is of Bo and Hope's. You would think this would be the story she gets right. She loves Bo and Hope and she can't even pen a decent story for them.

I'll say it again. I think Higley has a place on the DAYS writing team. However, it's not as head writer.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

If Dena is so "in love" with Bo and Hope, why would she pen this crap? I don't think she's anymore of a 'cheerleader' of theirs than she was for S&K and J&M.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm not convinced this is Higley though, at least not up until now. I will agree that they could give them something better then this or provide more reasoning behind this.

From the start of this psychic story, it didn't come off like a Higley story for me. I think we would see Bo and Hope more if it did. This has Tomlin/Whitesell camp written all over it for me and I think Higley just made sure there was something for Bo and Hope involved. I think Tomlin and Whitesell wanted this to be just a suspense builder. Bo's visions would set up events and intrigue people and get them to watch. It was a way to build excitement, which is not needed. What is sad is they seemed to sacrifice some of the aspects that could've made this psychic arc interesting and they really didn't establish this conflict as well as they could've.

I do think it makes sense though. Maybe I'm getting caught up in the fact that it's Bo and Hope getting something to do but I am looking forward to the scenes and how this shapes up from this point.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't even care anymore who's responsible for this. They all (Higley, Whitesell, Tomlin) just need to go.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
The last lie came when their son died.
THANK YOU!

Bo, as usual, turns it around to make it look like HE'S the victim. He is such an asshole.

Days4Life

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. And if the setup of Bo having psychic visions was meant to build suspense and excitement, the writers (I don't even know who to blame any more) screwed up big time. I love Bo and Hope and would really like them to have a good story, but I'm tired of this same crap with them. Someone lies, instead of communicating they split up, either a hot guy or Billie Reed shows up and someone cheats, they get back together and promise never to lie to each other again, lather, rinse, repeat.

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Kristian reasoned this out just like Peter did in SOW last week and I agree.

Bo has lied to Hope before. Hope has lied to Bo before. The last lie came when their son died. They promised never to do this again. Someone nearly died because of this. How is this not big enough to cause problems? As Kristian says, Hope needs time. She is pissed beyond belief and with good reason. It does make sense.

I've already said I understand why he didn't tell her or Kayla and, even if I didn't sometimes people do make mistakes. It happens all the time in real life and people wonder why someone did it. This is no worse then the 90's when not talking about something would keep couples apart. Those were stupid misunderstandings. At least this has some merit and exposes the fact that they still have trust issues and they are drawing upon history for that.

I can't wait to see the scenes.
Remember the saying, 'fool me once, shame on you......fool me twice shame on me? That is how I feel about this. The last reunion was poorly written because they didn't work through squat so now here we are again a few years later going through it all again.

I'm tired of Bo being a dumbass and repeating mistakes and I'mtired of Hope's kneejerk reaction being to leave him.

The burning question is who will they sleep with? Hope with Daniel or Rafe and who for Bo? Anna? Melanie?

King
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ellie.

God, this storyline is awful.

Oh, well. At least we got a Kayla shooting out of it! LOL!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

King
Feb 4 2009, 02:51 PM
Oh, well. At least we got a Kayla shooting out of it! LOL!
I'm glad she doesn't die.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply