Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Hope leaves Bo!; Feb 17th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 4 2009, 11:17 AM (3,665 Views)
niki

That's what I fear about this. Maybe it could be a good story but I doubt the emotional connection or even discussion will be there to make it one. So far the writers have proven they lack any ability to have characters actually discuss complex emotions. Like exactly why does Chloe love Lucas to the point where this is a struggle for her with the whole Dan thing. It's empty and hated as most of it seems completely superficial. The EJ/Nicole/Sami situation is similar - saying the same thing over and over again does not mean we understand the emotion and motivation behind any of their actions. So with Hope leaving Bo, I imagine we'll be left feeling less than nothing - there won't be any depth beyond the 'i can't trust you anymore' 'i was trying to protect you' superficial conversation - which is not enough to warrant her leaving or for us to feel torn or emotionally vested over her decision, which is why I think the whole SL is garbage from start and likely to finish.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

renaissancegirl

fancyface78
Feb 4 2009, 09:52 PM
I think it was stated that a third party wouldn't be involved in WHY they broke up. That doesn't mean they can't or won't get involved with other people while they are broken up.
I've heard differently: Peter said something about this at the Day of DAYS interview on NBC and the hostess asked him about the new storyline and he said something to the effect of "Well, there's no third wheel involved, thank god, we didn't want anything like that again"

I doubt they'll be getting involved with others, because Billie's not coming back (the choice was between this story or Billie), and this isn't like last time where someone was pulling the strings behind the scenes, and it was only under those radical conditions that we got Billie/Bo and Hope/Patrick. This, IMO, is an unoriginal, rehash-filled storyline Higley came up with to throw a bone to vetern fans: This is like the 1995-ish time when we went through this whole trust-issue over a police case...

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Perhaps it's going to be a new reason for them to get married again!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I have to agree that this seems to be extremely poorly conceived. It makes absolutely no sense to me that this situation would cause a couple that have been so committed and have overcome so many other obstacles to split up. I can't understand why Bo would have chose to keep these particular visions from Hope, particularly since she had already been supportive about his previous ones. And even if Hope is disappointed that he didn't share this with her - she leaves him? Seriously?? I can see having it out - really letting him have it. But splitting up your family? WTH?

On the one hand, at least they are being given something to do which is far better than the other vets have been treated. But I have to say - with so many of the vets now gone I can't even wrap my head around how they will play this out. Who will they each confide in? How will they work through it?

I just don't have the confidence in the current writing team to do a story like this justice. :(

fancyface78
Member Avatar

renaissancegirl
Feb 6 2009, 04:06 PM
fancyface78
Feb 4 2009, 09:52 PM
I think it was stated that a third party wouldn't be involved in WHY they broke up. That doesn't mean they can't or won't get involved with other people while they are broken up.
I've heard differently: Peter said something about this at the Day of DAYS interview on NBC and the hostess asked him about the new storyline and he said something to the effect of "Well, there's no third wheel involved, thank god, we didn't want anything like that again"

I doubt they'll be getting involved with others, because Billie's not coming back (the choice was between this story or Billie), and this isn't like last time where someone was pulling the strings behind the scenes, and it was only under those radical conditions that we got Billie/Bo and Hope/Patrick. This, IMO, is an unoriginal, rehash-filled storyline Higley came up with to throw a bone to vetern fans: This is like the 1995-ish time when we went through this whole trust-issue over a police case...
Just wondering who said the choice was between this story and bringing Billie back? Considering its Higley and not Reilly writing, I'm not sure I believe that. Reilly was the one who was obsessed with the Bo and Billie saga...he's the one who always brought her back.

I hope you're right and they don't make this into a triangle, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Personally, I think this whole storyline is just plain dumb. On one hand, I'm happy that Peter and Kristian have a story, but its too bad that they are always given crap to work with.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Why is it when the going gets tough, Hope gets going?

She's a trained cop with years of experience. SHE shot Kayla. Why is she blaming Bo?

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

SpriteEyes
Feb 7 2009, 12:52 PM

She's a trained cop with years of experience. SHE shot Kayla. Why is she blaming Bo?
Uh, because BO had the damn vision and kept HIS cakehole shut.

koos

A stupid storyline is happening on Days and you guys are surprised? Do you even watch the show? ;>

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

KristianFanForever
Feb 7 2009, 01:48 PM
SpriteEyes

I know Bo didn't want Hope to think he was crazy. But, he has been having a lot of these thoughts lately and he should've played cautious. It was just as easy to tell Hope why she needed to stay away from Kayla.

Steve is at fault, too! Bo told him what he was thinking, and Steve didn't tell Hope or Kayla either.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Jinxie
Feb 8 2009, 09:41 AM
Steve is at fault, too! Bo told him what he was thinking, and Steve didn't tell Hope or Kayla either.
Hope is Bo's wife, not Steve's. It is Bo's secret to tell and therefore, the responsibility is Bo's, and Bo's alone.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

KristianFanForever
Feb 8 2009, 11:25 AM
Jinxie
Feb 8 2009, 09:41 AM
Hope is Bo's wife, not Steve's. It is Bo's secret to tell and therefore, the responsibility is Bo's, and Bo's alone.
Maybe. Bo hasn't been in the best state of mind lately, so for Steve to make a proactive decision wouldn't be a bad thing. Also, Steve didn't bother to try to convince Bo to tell Hope (as far as I recall). They both just mutually agreed to keep their wives apart. Lastly, wouldn't it be ideal for Steve to give Kayla a heads up? He didn't do that.

I wouldn't classify Steve to be as liable as Bo, but he is definitely still accountable somewhat in this case.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Feb 8 2009, 02:13 PM
KristianFanForever
Feb 8 2009, 11:25 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Maybe. Bo hasn't been in the best state of mind lately, so for Steve to make a proactive decision wouldn't be a bad thing. Also, Steve didn't bother to try to convince Bo to tell Hope (as far as I recall). They both just mutually agreed to keep their wives apart. Lastly, wouldn't it be ideal for Steve to give Kayla a heads up? He didn't do that.

I wouldn't classify Steve to be as liable as Bo, but he is definitely still accountable somewhat in this case.
Yeah, I agree with you. If Steve thought there was a chance that Kayla could get shot you would think he would have either: tried to convince Bo to tell Hope or told Kayla and Hope himself.

And what was up with Steve not having his phone turned on...which ultimately was the reason that Kayla called Hope...wasn't it?

I can't even try to make sense of any of this, because this whole storyline is just so dumb!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
SpriteEyes

That still doesn't justify Hope's overreaction.

SHE shot Kayla. Bo didn't.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Hope ALWAYS blames Bo. Bo has made awful decisions but she never takes accountability for anything. Billie should come back to town permanently and capture Bo's heart again.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I honestly don't know which part is stupider. Bo having hallucinations, or Hope being made at him for not sharing them with everyone lmfao.
Edited by Tammy, Feb 9 2009, 01:43 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SpriteEyes
Feb 8 2009, 05:35 PM
KristianFanForever

That still doesn't justify Hope's overreaction.

SHE shot Kayla. Bo didn't.
Exactly. When will Hope take responsibility for Hope's own actions? There was a cop RIGHT behind the killer who could have easily had a better shot. Hope unprofessionally cast her eyes over to the cop. She was in a very emotional situation. Ergo, she shouldn't have been involved.
Yeah, the way this damn storyline is going, Bo probably should have said something. But, anyway, it's lame. But, it doesn't excuse Hope.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

ladyofthelake
Feb 9 2009, 07:42 AM
SpriteEyes
Feb 8 2009, 05:35 PM

Exactly. When will Hope take responsibility for Hope's own actions?
Seems like NEVER.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply