Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Chloe dumps Lucas!; Feb 17th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 4 2009, 11:44 AM (1,959 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW both feature articles about the Chloe/Lucas story. SOW features an interview with Nadia Bjorlin, and SOD features an interview with Bryan Dattilo.

Kate pressures Lucas and Chloe to set a wedding date. Bjorlin explains to SOW that Kate wants to see Lucas and Chloe married and happy, and that "Chloe's thinking, 'Well if I do go ahead and set a wedding date, I'll be able to focus on that and wash that man right out of my hair'", referring to Daniel. Dattilo explains to SOD that Lucas is concerned that Chloe's acting strange, but "there's always something that throws him off the trail of suspicion".

Chloe and Lucas set a date, and then they go with Kate to Chez Rouge for a hospital fundraiser. In order to get Maggie to stop bothering her, Chloe tells Maggie that she and Lucas have set a date. Maggie asks Chloe if Daniel knows that they've set a date, but Chloe tells Maggie that it's none of Daniel's business and that she's moved on.

Daniel shows up at the fundraiser, and he and Chloe are constantly looking at each other. Then Kate makes a speech about how Daniel saved her life. Bjorlin says that "Kate goes on about her two wonderful heroes, Daniel and Chloe. It makes Chloe feel like crap, because Kate doesn't know her and Daniel's sordid secret."

Lucas then offers to donate $1,000 if Chloe will sing for everyone. Chloe starts singing a love song to Lucas, and Dattilo says that Lucas thinks, "A woman must really love you if she writes a song for you and sings it to you in front of people." But, Chloe sees Daniel over Lucas's shoulder the whole time, and according to Bjorlin, "Chloe realizes the words coming out of her mouth are more about Daniel than Lucas." By the end of the song, Chloe can't handle it and runs off.

Lucas and Chloe meet up at the pier, where Chloe tells Lucas she can't marry him and gives him back his ring. She tells him that she doesn't deserve someone like him, but Lucas knows he's not getting the truth from her. Chloe leaves and goes to Daniel's apartment, and Lucas then runs into Kate. Lucas tells Kate what happened, and Kate says, "I told you she'd do this", which makes Lucas even more upset. Dattilo says that Lucas is "confused, upset, hurt, bewildered and ready to give up on trying to do the right thing. He's learning that it doesn't do him any good to be noble and stay on the wagon because things always go wrong."

Meanwhile, at Daniel's apartment, Chloe suggests to him that they run away together. Daniel says no, and he tells Chloe that they don't have to run away together in order to be together. He tells her they haven't done anything wrong. Chloe thinks they have done something wrong, since she slept with Daniel while wearing Lucas's ring. Daniel wants to tell people about the two of them, but Chloe isn't ready for that yet. Bjorlin says that "that's why [Chloe] wants to run off. She doesn't want to be around to face the music when the truth comes out."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

So this fundraiser thing will basically be all about Chloe, Lucas and Daniel? Wonderful.

jane1978

Sounds great! I donīt know what happened behind the screen but the writing for this triangle got amazingly better lately.
Edited by jane1978, Feb 4 2009, 11:51 AM.

FanODays

I'm beginning to think that this whole storyline was to keep Lucas busy while Ali was on maternity leave.

How Daniel can say that he and Chloe have done nothing wrong is about as big a mystery to me as how Days can let TP, DH, DH, MBE and SN go while keeping SC and NB.

Thanks for sharing.

peaches179

Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

This turn in the story has completely deflated any momentum they may have had going.

I mean, let's see here. Lucas and Chloe are broken up. Chloe and Daniel are together. Lucas is about to find out in a very ho-hum random way about the affair. These are all things that should've been built towards in an explosive, climatic way. Instead, it's just kind of crumbling apart with no pop, no climax.

Sure, Lucas is about to get caught in an explosion, and perhaps he'll end up with memory loss and Chloe will end up staying with him out of sympathy, but it doesn't change the fact that they should've saved the breakup and Lucas learning the truth for the real climax at the end of the story. The impact of the reveal will be severely lessened the second time around because of this, IMO.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ...

Ponz
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ellie!

Kenny
Feb 4 2009, 12:01 PM
This turn in the story has completely deflated any momentum they may have had going.

I mean, let's see here. Lucas and Chloe are broken up. Chloe and Daniel are together. Lucas is about to find out in a very ho-hum random way about the affair. These are all things that should've been built towards in an explosive, climatic way. Instead, it's just kind of crumbling apart with no pop, no climax.

Sure, Lucas is about to get caught in an explosion, and perhaps he'll end up with memory loss and Chloe will end up staying with him out of sympathy, but it doesn't change the fact that they should've saved the breakup and Lucas learning the truth for the real climax at the end of the story. The impact of the reveal will be severely lessened the second time around because of this, IMO.
And the reveal practically writes itself. Lucas and Chloe are at the altar, the priest asks if there are any objections, Daniel stands up, Maggie stands up, Chloe looks torn...big Friday cliffhanger. It's like Higley goes out of her way to drain all the suspense from her plot points.
Edited by Ponz, Feb 4 2009, 12:17 PM.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

"I told you she'd do this"

One second Chloe is "perfect" for Kate's precious Lucas, and the next minute Kate gets to plays the "I told you so! I told you she was a lying bitch!" card? Kate Roberts is nothing but a sad joke nowadays. I sincerely hope that Lauren Koslow is the next vet fired just so she can get the hell away from this show. There won't be a fallout to this. I don't know why people think there will be. For one, the acting sucks, and that would ruin even the best written storyline (which this is far from being). Secondly, according to this article, Chloe and Daniel are "in love" and that justifies their affair. You know what that means? No redemption needed! Just look at Chelsea and Daniel. Daniel STILL hasn't been redeemed for getting involved with his 20- year old patient and then FUCKING HER GRANDMOTHER. Now I have a feeling SC will be staying past March, because life sucks like that.

Mason
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Feb 4 2009, 12:34 PM
There won't be a fallout to this. I don't know why people think there will be. For one, the acting sucks, and that would ruin even the best written storyline (which this is far from being). Secondly, according to this article, Chloe and Daniel are "in love" and that justifies their affair. You know what that means? No redemption needed! Just look at Chelsea and Daniel. Daniel STILL hasn't been redeemed for getting involved with his 20- year old patient and then FUCKING HER GRANDMOTHER. Now I have a feeling SC will be staying past March, because life sucks like that.
I couldn't agree more.

jane1978

Ponz
Feb 4 2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks, Ellie!

Kenny

And the reveal practically writes itself. Lucas and Chloe are at the altar, the priest asks if there are any objections, Daniel stands up, Maggie stands up, Chloe looks torn...big Friday cliffhanger. It's like Higley goes out of her way to drain all the suspense from her plot points.
I quess you people are never happy. If Chloe stayed mum till the wedding no doubt everybody would say how predictable and boring it is. When something unexpexted happens and Chloe actually does the right thing and breakups with Lucas, itīs stupid because itīs too soon and there is no big wedding climax.

Mason
Member Avatar

Yes, aren't we just such bad fans? Gimme a break. :eyeroll:

FanODays

Kenny

Did I miss a spoiler about an explosion in which Lucas is hurt?

Either way its predictable that Lucas and Chloe will reunite because the truth about blechy sex hasn't come out yet.

Kenny
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 4 2009, 12:47 PM
I quess you people are never happy. If Chloe stayed mum till the wedding no doubt everybody would say how predictable and boring it is. When something unexpexted happens and Chloe actually does the right thing and breakups with Lucas, itīs stupid because itīs too soon and there is no big wedding climax.
It's one thing to but a twist in the story that elevates it to a higher, more exciting level that you weren't expecting. This isn't exciting at all. This is just watered down, IMO.

Oh, and you're right about me never being happy with Higley's writing. Her fault though -- not mine.

aimees76
Member Avatar

FanODays
Feb 4 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm beginning to think that this whole storyline was to keep Lucas busy while Ali was on maternity leave.

How Daniel can say that he and Chloe have done nothing wrong is about as big a mystery to me as how Days can let TP, DH, DH, MBE and SN go while keeping SC and NB.

Thanks for sharing.
I'm gonna have to say ditto.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 4 2009, 11:51 AM
Sounds great! I donīt know what happened behind the screen but the writing for this triangle got amazingly better lately.
I agree and they seem to be making an effort to make this a long-term pairing/story.

I think this was designed as an exit for someone but they changed it because, believe it or not, some out there are enjoying it.

I don't think this takes any excitement out of it. Lucas could get injured, he may not remember...hell, he was drunk. He may forget just because of that.

Whatever. I will enjoy it and I know others will too. I'm glad they took this track with the story. You don't always have to do the same, tired thing of having it all come out at the altar. I still think that will happen but they will add more wrinkles to it to make it more interesting.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the hospital fundraiser. I kept thinking that was a month away and shit would go down then but I guess not.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Feb 4 2009, 01:35 PM
The only thing I'm disappointed in is the hospital fundraiser. I kept thinking that was a month away and shit would go down then but I guess not.
I think the fundraiser is a quick replacement for the promissed wedding. The reception would be at Cherouge anyway, so if they already had some scripts/outlines counting with it they didnīt have change much.

peaches179

Mason
Feb 4 2009, 12:51 PM
Yes, aren't we just such bad fans? Gimme a break. :eyeroll:

LOL!

finelildiva05

fenderbabe
Feb 4 2009, 12:34 PM
"I told you she'd do this"

One second Chloe is "perfect" for Kate's precious Lucas, and the next minute Kate gets to plays the "I told you so! I told you she was a lying bitch!" card? Kate Roberts is nothing but a sad joke nowadays. I sincerely hope that Lauren Koslow is the next vet fired just so she can get the hell away from this show. There won't be a fallout to this. I don't know why people think there will be. For one, the acting sucks, and that would ruin even the best written storyline (which this is far from being). Secondly, according to this article, Chloe and Daniel are "in love" and that justifies their affair. You know what that means? No redemption needed! Just look at Chelsea and Daniel. Daniel STILL hasn't been redeemed for getting involved with his 20- year old patient and then FUCKING HER GRANDMOTHER. Now I have a feeling SC will be staying past March, because life sucks like that.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I thought there was supposed to be a Valentines wedding or something...so I guess someone was right about changing from wedding to fundraiser.

I don't know how I feel about this story.
I am rooting for Chloe and Daniel because I like them better than Luloe, but I feel like this has been dragging a bit too. Chloe, either tell Lucas or break off with Daniel. Don't tell Lucas it is his fault because she doesn't deserve him! Say it!

Maybe I am one of those impatient fans who just doesn't want to see it all played out...or maybe if there were little changes that didn't make it feel like we were seeing the same story every day for a month, it wouldn't be so bad.

Thanks for sharing, Ellie! On the bright side, at least this story isn't about stupid psychic visions.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply