Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Interview with James Scott and Ari Zucker; Feb 17th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 4 2009, 07:57 PM (22,160 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Note: This is a three-page joint interview with these actors, and I am just highlighting some of the points which I think will be of interest here, based on past topics and discussions. The actors gave a very engaging interview which is very enjoyable to read and covers a variety of topics. It would really be impossible to write a summary which brings across the tone of the interview or all of the points covered.

SOD asks JS and AZ, "Did you think they were going to go this far with the couple?"

JS answers that he's not positive about this, but he and AZ both got the impression that the relationship between EJ and Nicole was originally intended as just "interference", but that "it was just EJ and Sami". However, he says that the producers seemed to like EJ/Nicole more and more based on what he and AZ did on screen.

SOD then asks them if there was a particular point in the story where they felt the EJ/Nicole relationship was becoming more than they'd originally thought. Both answered that it was probably the elevator sex, where they realized that Nicole might get pregnant. As JS says, "That in itself is a huge commitment for the characters." He says that he got very enthusiastic feedback from people he met who watched the show. AZ says that even before that, when the characters got drunk together, "I felt that I was able to take it to a place that the producers really enjoyed", and that's where she saw the possibility of the EJ/Nicole relationship becoming more than she'd expected. (JS then says he agrees with her - "we made that stuff seem very sexy.")

SOD asks them about whether they have similar work styles, and they both say that they do. Each enjoys working with the other; as AZ says, "we come in with ideas and help each other out... James might come in with something that I didn't see, so I feel like I might get a nice surprise."

SOD asks them about the personal appearances they've done together. AZ starts off by saying, "the Sami fans are constantly out there going, 'Your scenes are fine, but we want you with Sami.'" She then laughs and says that she thinks people "really like us together" and that physically she and JS match up height-wise.

JS says that he did an appearance where he signed about 200 autographs, and he asked each person, 'Sami or Nicole?' He says he doesn't know the exact numbers, "but it was very close." He continues that this was a surprise to him, given the fact that he and AZ have only worked together for a short time, but "it really speaks to what we were talking about earlier."

SOD then asks a few questions which lead to a discussion of the characters' relationship. AZ says that Nicole had never been "truly in love with someone" except for Eric Brady. Nicole was attracted to EJ but thought there would be no way he'd be interested in her. But then when he was, Nicole wanted his love; "She desires to be in love with someone." However, both AZ and JS then say that the "first attraction" between them was because of Sami. AZ says Nicole "wanted to piss [Sami] off", and JS says that "the first reason EJ started taking an interest in Nicole is that it turned Sami purple."

SOD asks how Nicole feels about lying to EJ. AZ explains that Nicole feels "absolutely horrible, even though you wouldn't think so". Nicole was obsessed with becoming a mother, "because she's got nothing else good in her life". She is desperate, but she is in love. AZ says that "this is not vindictive, this is not, 'I'm going to get this guy' like Sami. This is truly coming from, in Nicole's eyes, a good place."

JS says that he doesn't know what's going to happen in the story: "It'll be somewhere between having his heart just smashed in a million pieces and wanting to absolutely murder her."

SOD ends by asking if EJ and Nicole will have a happy Valentine's day. AZ answers, "I do know that we are supposed to have some good times together according to the bigwigs upstairs!"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thanks for typing this up Ellie!
JS and AZ always give funny interviews!
Liz
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

Great interview! Thanks for typing it up, Ellie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks Ellie
You can tell from all their interviews they really like eachother personally and professionally.
Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks so much, Ellie, for typing all of that for us!

I just love those two and so glad they are so enthusiastic about each other and their story! Yay!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

I adore these two together. :cheer: Their fantastic chemistry is the first thing to interest me in a new pairing since Phelle. I just hate where the writing has gone for them the past few months. :frustration:

I hope TPTB don't throw Ejole under the bus because it has to be Ejami at all costs, or else. ^o) Nicole and a more-grey EJ (not the present clueless version) are a perfect match IMO, and they're far more interesting and sexy to watch than EJ and the whining, screeching, crybaby Sami.

It's encouraging to hear from JS that the fans are split about 50/50 on who they prefer EJ with. Thanks for posting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

LOVE IT!!! :D :D :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ....

Makes me want to buy a copy of Sod and read the whole article - 3 pages wow!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MelodicAngel

It's nice to see all the fan above making nice comments about EJ and Nicole! I agree with all of you!
Offline Profile Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Well if EJ is between having his heart smashed and absolutely wanting to murder her I hope this means we can get smart, ruthless EJ back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Thanks for posting, Ellie! :) I was already looking forward to this interview so I appreciate the summary very much!

Sounds like a really cute interview.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

Thanks sounds good! 3 pages WOW!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

IMissAremid
Feb 4 2009, 11:54 PM
Well if EJ is between having his heart smashed and absolutely wanting to murder her I hope this means we can get smart, ruthless EJ back.
Me too! Enough of him being a dumbass, and he really needs his edge back.

Thanks, Ellie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That was enjoyable. Thanks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 4 2009, 07:57 PM
SOD ends by asking if EJ and Nicole will have a happy Valentine's day. AZ answers, "I do know that we are supposed to have some good times together according to the bigwigs upstairs!"
I suspect that the lovefest that is ejole is about to start on it's down turn.
Offline Profile Goto Top

FanODays

Nicole reminds me of Sami, doing anything she can to keep the man she wants.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
From your lips..........................I never thought I'd say this, but this EJ does nothing for me!! I hope we get the smart, witty, ruthless EJ back soon!! Not feeling the love for this couple, tptb made the characters in to totally different people to try to push this story, and it didn't work for me!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

they both make me sick. To think I used to be in love with James Scott.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

JANALH
Feb 5 2009, 09:28 AM
IMissAremid
From your lips..........................I never thought I'd say this, but this EJ does nothing for me!! I hope we get the smart, witty, ruthless EJ back soon!! Not feeling the love for this couple, tptb made the characters in to totally different people to try to push this story, and it didn't work for me!
In EJ's case, relative to what? He was introduced as the charmer with a dark side, morphed into the town psychopath and was instantly whitewashed into Mr Mom/Caroline Brady's BFF. The phrase "out of character" makes no sense when he/she has had no fixed identity over any prolonged period. "In character" is pretty much whatever the current writer says it is.
Edited by Ponz, Feb 5 2009, 10:15 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic