Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Interview with James Scott and Ari Zucker; Feb 17th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 4 2009, 07:57 PM (21,545 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

cjknick
Feb 5 2009, 11:35 AM
I am an EJ fan first and foremost and I just want the better story to be told for my character .... The best story IMO is not EJ having a lovestory with Nicole - the best story is a lovestory with EJ and Sami. Nicole is a Walker and she is a grifter there is no drama in an EJ and Nicole lovestory. The Drama lies with a lovestory between a DiMera and a Brady and the family that they produce.
That's your opinion. Personally, I'm bored senseless with DiMera-Brady. Santeen stamped any interest I might have had in that out for good.

Good writers can create a good story without the crutch of a long-term feud which is, IMO, beyond played out anyway. Do we have good writers? No. But I'd still rather see them try to create new stories without relying on the same old crap.

As for Sami having a legitimate fear of Stefano, she sure didn't seem afraid of him when she was living under his roof.
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 5 2009, 11:58 AM
cjknick
I am an EJ fan first and foremost and I just want the better story to be told for my character .... The best story IMO is not EJ having a lovestory with Nicole - the best story is a lovestory with EJ and Sami. Nicole is a Walker and she is a grifter there is no drama in an EJ and Nicole lovestory. The Drama lies with a lovestory between a DiMera and a Brady and the family that they produce.
That's your opinion. Personally, I'm bored senseless with DiMera-Brady. Santeen stamped any interest I might have had in that out for good.

Good writers can create a good story without the crutch of a long-term feud which is, IMO, beyond played out anyway. Do we have good writers? No. But I'd still rather see them try to create new stories without relying on the same old crap.

As for Sami having a legitimate fear of Stefano, she sure didn't seem afraid of him when she was living under his roof.
:applause: Total word.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

I generally do not care what an actor thinks about the show if they like what is going on or not, as it's just their opinion, and we know about opinions. ;)

Having said that, James Scott really, really layed it on think in this interview. Wow. Talk about bullshit. I don't know if he's right or wrong, and I'm not going to say anything about what is and is not going to happen to Ejole or Ejami or anything like that, but...I do know one thing.

What he thinks isn't what I see going on. Not at all. I get Ejole has a fanbase. They may be viable, I don't know. But I know they aren't the "force" that JS made them out to be. And I know they aren't as popular as, apparently, he thinks. I have yet to really even see aknowledgment of a growing fanbase. It's just not there. He sure is jumping the gun.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

aimees76
Feb 5 2009, 11:58 AM
cjknick
I disagree, I think there is plenty of drama in an Ejole lovestory. Also, I really do not think the Dimera/Brady thing matters anymore ... since Tony will be leaving, and J&M are gone, and EJ isn't the "bad" Dimera soldier anymore, and Stefano has been pretty harmless for some time now ... there just isn't any conflict to be played. For a long time Sami's family were being written as supportive of "whatever" she was supposedly feeling for EJ, so I just do not see the Brady/Dimera conflicted-dramatic-lovestory that some want, and I admit, could have been a good story in the very beginning. That opportunity is long lost, IMO. I think that there is plenty of drama to be played between EJ and Nicole. If couples were only interesting and stories were only good if the families opposed each other, then we wouldn't have any worthy couples on the show (or potentially worthy).
I disagree with the bolded statement based solely on Sami's reason (however much I disagree with it) to hide her pregnancy from EJ. They are still clinging to the 'good Bradys vs. bad DiMeras' theme throughout. Granted, it's very hit and miss but what isn't on this show? I mean...seriously. What was with Stefano's horrified reaction to hearing John had been attacked by Dr Amanda Cory Taylor or whatever her name was? Since when would Stefano have cared - much less not have put her up to it? But I digress...

Sami has said repeatedly that she is trying to protect her new daughter from the father's "family" and particularly the grandfather. So I think they keep the Brady vs. DiMera thing alive as long as characters have extreme reactions like this. I do think the potential of the Brady/DiMera dynamic for EJami has been sorely impacted but it still exists.

I think it there had been any intention for Nicole to be able to hold on to EJ and be redeemed after all is said and done that would never have done the baby switch. Even if she had lied about the miscarriage and been able to get Mia's baby to pass of as her own there was potential that when all is said and done, despite EJ's hurt or fury or whatever it is, he and Nicole would still share the responsibility of raising that little girl. But by having Nicole steal the EJamlet that potential is lost. Once this all comes out in the open Nicole will be left standing with nothing - no baby, and no long term link to EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kali
Member Avatar

Yuck. I get that the actors like each other and enjoy working together, but they bore me to tears. I really haven't seen any evidence that Ecole is popular--I think it's a bit of wishful thinking (or the "party line" from TPTB) on JS and AZ's part. EJ used to be my favorite character--he was clever, witty, and dangerously sexy. Now he's just clueless, pompous, and 2-dimensional. As for Nicole, she's great except in her scenes with EJ. I don't understand why the actors would want to be in a s/l that brings out their worst. I read somewhere that JS doesn't watch the final result--maybe that's the explanation.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

There's far more story in the DiBrady feud with EJ/Nicole wreaking havoc together. They have credible adversaries in Victor, Brady, Philip, Sami, even Bope. The alternative is EJ apologizing for his heritage while he and Sami deal with the "threat" posed by...um...a grandpa who's pushing 80. :sleep:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar

MericP
Feb 5 2009, 12:19 PM
What he thinks isn't what I see going on. Not at all. I get Ejole has a fanbase. They may be viable, I don't know. But I know they aren't the "force" that JS made them out to be. And I know they aren't as popular as, apparently, he thinks. I have yet to really even see aknowledgment of a growing fanbase. It's just not there. He sure is jumping the gun.
I haven't read the full article, but I assume you're referring to where he says he personally asked fans at an event which was their preference. He wasn't referring to a Net presence, and even if he had been it depends on which corner of the Internet you look in as to how popular or unpopular EJole/EJami is.

So, given that he was referring, as far as I know, only to his personal experience inquiring of fans which they preferred, I assume you must think he was lying. I have no idea whether he was or whether he wasn't, but if he was, what was the purpose?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Feb 5 2009, 11:20 AM
All I know for sure is that at the end of the day, Sami had EJ's child and Nicole did not.
Oops, missed this one. All I know for sure at the end of the day is that Alison Sweeney's real-life pregnancy was written in and that undoubtedly affected storyline direction.

Also, I don't really get the argument that "Sami has EJ's child." So? She already had one with him. She has two with Lucas, but I doubt you're arguing that means they're meant to be.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kyrai

JANALH
Feb 5 2009, 11:19 AM
Irregardless of whether we may differ on how we have seen EJ portrayed since his arrival, a couple of things had stayed constant. EJ was smart and EJ was witty. You can't say that now. He's been dumbed down to play this storyline. True, different writers have changed him to suit their needs, but up until this storyline he was NEVER dumb. I can't stomach dumb EJ.

I'm glad he was pulled back from the "psychopath" character that Hogan started out with, that extreme of a character had no longevity. That's precisely why they changed him. JS was too popular to feed to the wolves at that point. I think they went to far making him weak during the first part of 2008, but even in his weakness, he was never stupid. He was always one step ahead.

I agree with SocRmum, he's looking a WHOLE lot like Austin right now!! :puke:
I don't like Ejole or Ejami, am not watching anymore, just watching the boards for info on my favorite actors, but I had to comment on 'psycho' Ej.

Much as I hated all that Ej did, I never saw him as a psycho. I saw him as Stefano's trained henchman, much as I figured John was in his early days before his redemption. The only difference being Ej was actually Stefano's son while Stefano molded himself into being a father figure to John (via brainwashing or whatever). Ej followed the plans of his father, and much as I hated what he did, I really did love him as a cunning villain, much like I loved Victor and Stefano in the early days. They were all about family loyalty (in their own interesting ways).

Not sure if he still is, but before I stopped watching, he had become pretty bland and boring, nothing like the intelligent calculating person he was originally. I don't get why he has to be stupid to be a 'good' guy. Ari may be giving an excellent performance as psycho Nicole, but to me, it was at the expense of Ej becoming an idiot.

I wanted him to drop both nutsy females, become smart businessman Ej with maybe a touch of questionable business ethics, like Vic. Eventually, he could be affected by a NEW more mature LIKEABLE female character who can match wits with him, bringing them both up vs. dumbing him down.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

EJ & Nicole are MUCH better matched couple than EJ & Sami.

EJ is way better as a darker character and the same goes for Nicole.

Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Great posts Paxton, I couldn't agree more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 5 2009, 12:36 PM
mbdimera
All I know for sure is that at the end of the day, Sami had EJ's child and Nicole did not.
Oops, missed this one. All I know for sure at the end of the day is that Alison Sweeney's real-life pregnancy was written in and that undoubtedly affected storyline direction.

Also, I don't really get the argument that "Sami has EJ's child." So? She already had one with him. She has two with Lucas, but I doubt you're arguing that means they're meant to be.
I'm not presenting Sami having EJ's child as an argument of anything. Just stating a fact. I'm sure that if Sami miscarried and Nicole carried to term with her child being stolen by Sami, this would be touted as obviously an EJole story, correct?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Feb 5 2009, 12:52 PM
Ari may be giving an excellent performance as psycho Nicole, but to me, it was at the expense of Ej becoming an idiot.

ICAM!!! Truer words were never spoken!!

And as far as EJ being a "darker" character now, paired with Nicole.................sorry I don't see it.......................dumber, maybe!! :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

JANALH
Feb 5 2009, 01:21 PM
Kyrai
Feb 5 2009, 12:52 PM
Ari may be giving an excellent performance as psycho Nicole, but to me, it was at the expense of Ej becoming an idiot.

ICAM!!! Truer words were never spoken!!

And as far as EJ being a "darker" character now, paired with Nicole.................sorry I don't see it.......................dumber, maybe!! :shrug:
This I agree with 100% - EJ has been played the fool by Nicole and I hate the dumbing down of the character of EJ! Perhaps that's why I don't like this pairing!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I really hope things work out for Ejole. I can't wait to read the whole article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Feb 5 2009, 01:20 PM
Paxton
Feb 5 2009, 12:36 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepI know for sure at the end of the day is that Alison Sweeney's real-life pregnancy was written in and that undoubtedly affected storyline direction.

I'm not presenting Sami having EJ's child as an argument of anything. Just stating a fact. I'm sure that if Sami miscarried and Nicole carried to term with her child being stolen by Sami, this would be touted as obviously an EJole story, correct?
Not by me. I've never been a proponent of "she who has the man's child holds his heart" theory. For example, Shelle shared a child but I thought Shawn and Mimi were a much better match. My entire point was that a couple sharing a child is no proof whatsoever to me that they are meant2be, and that hold as true for EJ and Nicole as for anyone else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 5 2009, 12:33 PM
MericP
Feb 5 2009, 12:19 PM
I haven't read the full article, but I assume you're referring to where he says he personally asked fans at an event which was their preference. He wasn't referring to a Net presence, and even if he had been it depends on which corner of the Internet you look in as to how popular or unpopular EJole/EJami is.

So, given that he was referring, as far as I know, only to his personal experience inquiring of fans which they preferred, I assume you must think he was lying. I have no idea whether he was or whether he wasn't, but if he was, what was the purpose?
I'm not sure he's lying.

I know a lot of girls who have met him in person, and he seems incredibly gracious and appreciative of his fans, so why lie?

I also know that a lot of the girls who have been to more than one fan event that included James Scott have stated that there was little, if no, support for his pairing with Ari Zucker.

So unless he's referring to an event that I don't know about, then I think he's just...embellishing a little? That seems like a good enough word. Maybe he's trying to push a storyline and is trying to weave in fan support that might be there, just not in the way he seems to be describing.

Oh hell, I mean, everyone sees everything differently. Where I see no Ejole support, James might see a ton. Who knows, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 5 2009, 01:27 PM
mbdimera

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepI
Not by me. I've never been a proponent of "she who has the man's child holds his heart" theory. For example, Shelle shared a child but I thought Shawn and Mimi were a much better match. My entire point was that a couple sharing a child is no proof whatsoever to me that they are meant2be, and that hold as true for EJ and Nicole as for anyone else.
I agree with this statement.

I'm not sure that sharing a child automatically means anything for a couple anymore.

Look at Marlena and Roman? They have kids together and their relationship shit the bed.

I'm at the point in my personal observation that this story isn't being written for anyone right now. Not Ejole and not Ejami. I will hold out for what I'm wanting to see, but I'm not holding out much hope.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 5 2009, 01:27 PM
mbdimera

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepI
The thing about the character of EJ is he is all about "family" - his children are very important to him! Perhaps THEE most important thing to him. And he keeps saying she is the "mother of my child"! So that tells you something too .... He puts much value on Family! So I think it is a Bigger Deal that Sami has now given him two children and Nicole can't give him any!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Who gives a crap about who has who's child?
Marlena and Roman had Sami, but John was the love of her life.
Lucas and Sami have two kids together, but they aren't together. Etc. Etc.
As far as I know, this is the only relationship where the MOTHER was so disgusted that she was pregnant that she intentionally avoided her other children and HID with the child so EJ couldn't know.
Totally a love story there! :puke:

And the only person who is pushing this great Dimera/Brady feud is Sami.
John and Marlena are gone. Tony is gone. Stefano is a shell of his former torturing self cooing after babies. There is no feud. Nobody mentions Stefano. That story is done and gone! Thank goodness!

Will EJ and Sami ever get together again....absolutely, if Days has time. Soap loves lives are Wheel of Fortune...so if that makes fanbases hopeful and they stick around, more power to them. EJ and Sami will make the rounds and get back to each other. Right now, they are so far from each other's orbit that I can't see a thing where this could even be close to an EJami story.
If JS says that EJ's heart will break in a million pieces, that means EJ is totally in love with Nicole. That is the story right now.

And I also believe it doesn't matter if the fans are louder for EJami than EJole. There was a huge push for EJami last year, yet TPTB saw something in Ejole and put them together. It was their decision, and it worked out.
I think JS is tired of the tug o'war, and just wants to be happy in her current storyline. Can't blame him.
He and AZ are great together. Go with it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic