Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Interview with James Scott and Ari Zucker; Feb 17th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 4 2009, 07:57 PM (22,431 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mesagirl
Feb 16 2009, 10:18 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 16 2009, 09:30 PM
ilovemydays
Feb 16 2009, 08:52 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepDENA HIGLEY
Whether you or I or anyone else believe what happened was rape or not, the fact of the matter is EJ apologized, Sami accepted his apology, they agreed to move past it and they later made love. So EJ certainly has the right to move past is - as does Sami - and they can certainly do so with each other. Whatever issues they continue to have now are not about the rape. As they said at the time, that slate has been wiped clean.

That is certainly not to say they don't still have major issues to work through, but the way Johnny was conceived just isn't one of them.
I'm not so sure Johnny will agree with that assessment when he's old enough to understand it. IF Days manages to stick around that long, it will have to be addressed. What child would feel good knowing that he is the product of a rape? And what a lesson it would teach him...

Dad forced himself sexually on mom. Mom forgave him (which can happen), and them Mom slept with him later on (doesn't happen in RL). I guess I can rape my girlfriends when they say no too. All I'll have to do is apologize afterward right? :shame:

No matter how you slice it, that scene was written as a rape. That is what the writers have said, what JS has said, what AS has said, what Corday has said. That is what I saw occur on 12/29. You can tell me the sky is yellow all day long, but it's really blue now isn't it. I really think the writers have done a huge injustice all the way around. They screwed the EJami fans by having EJ rape Sami. Then they screwed the rest of the viewers by trying to have us believe that somehow Sami would not only accept his apology but then sleep with him willingly later.

This is why I can never accept EJami as a couple. It just doesn't add up, not for me anyway.

They should have taken this the way of Jack and Jennifer, which is what I believe they were doing with EJ and Nicole. Of course they screw that up by turning Nicole in to a bit of a loon, with this whole AS pregnancy debacle. I still love EJole, but at the rate they are going they should probably find a brand new love interest for JS. Where's Ava when you need her??? :tounge:
You may not like the way they chose to write it - I don't blame you. But the fact is - they resolved it by having Sami accept EJ's apology. I highly doubt they'll go down that road with Johnny having to learn about it if the show does last that long - but who knows. Maybe they will. Either way, it doesn't change that they opted to fix the mess they made with 12/29 by saving a couple that clearly has a strong fan base and lots of potential. Of course, if they had never gone there the whole thing could have been avoided but here we are. As a EJami fan I'm just glad they put it behind them. There will always be people that won't let it go, and that is their choice. To each his own.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ilovemydays

AidanGreensFan
Feb 16 2009, 10:44 PM

And I think this proves my point. They are having a conversation - an ugly conversation but a conversation none the less. Sami also uses the term 'blackmail' and then uses the term 'you win'. She agreed to this. No one 'agrees' to be raped.

Its called coercion and its still rape.

Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 16 2009, 10:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AidanGreensFan

ilovemydays
Feb 16 2009, 10:50 PM
AidanGreensFan
Feb 16 2009, 10:44 PM

And I think this proves my point. They are having a conversation - an ugly conversation but a conversation none the less. Sami also uses the term 'blackmail' and then uses the term 'you win'. She agreed to this. No one 'agrees' to be raped.

Its called coercion and its still rape.

In your opinion. Not in mine.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

Well if Sami wasn't raped then she's a disgusting liar who makes women who have been raped look bad. She screamed to everybody she knows that EJ raped her especially to Lucas, so if that wasn't true then that means she's a liar and that's an example of why some women are scared to tell the truth about being raped cause of women like her who lie about something so serious. So it was either rape or Sami is a big azz liar who should be slapped in the face a thousand times.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Feb 17 2009, 01:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Faye

shytstarter
Feb 12 2009, 09:49 AM
Faye
Feb 11 2009, 11:20 AM
ges
Feb 11 2009, 11:06 AM
If there is one thing we can all agree on is that Higley sucks. Kumbayah.
And that Nicole is a washed out whore.
I agree with you on the first one. Dena Higley is really a prototype of an '' I can fuck up every storyline better than you ''. But I disagree with the second part. :boobs: Nicole isn't a whore. Maybe she was, who knows, but these recent episodes..! She wants a better life and she actually loves EJ and Sydney, but
DENA HIGLEY
had to screw everything up, once again..
Well if it wasn't rape, then couldn't Sami be called a whore for having voluntary consensual sex with two different men on the same night. Sounds like a whore to me.
:lol: Sami's a whore!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mindy
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Feb 17 2009, 01:38 AM
Well if Sami wasn't raped then she's a disgusting liar who makes women who have been raped look bad. She screamed to everybody she knows that EJ raped her especially to Lucas, so if that wasn't true then that means she's a liar and that's an example of why some women are scared to tell the truth about being raped cause of women like her who lie about something so serious. So it was either rape or Sami is a big azz liar who should be slapped in the face a thousand times.
:wow: Solid point. ITA!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera

I think Sami was confused and discusted with herself .... I think her body betrayed her in that moment. I think she was so discusted with herself that she responded to EJ that way - that's why the confusion when she said "it wasn't like that" and "what hurt was how you treated me after" and EJ said that "More happened Samantha and you know it' and we have a connection "body and soul" - they were both referring to the fact that even in the moment when Sami should have rejected EJ but she couldn't. She wanted him and she shouldn't have. That's why she never acted like a victim in the true sense of the word. Her family sensed it, EJ sensed it - that she wanted EJ - she denied it, tried to push those feelings down - but they would bubble back up, that's why she never shut him out of her life - it was because she wanted to be near him .... Sami did not fear EJ - she feared her true feelings for EJ. How could she want a Dimera? How could she want EJ? she did not want to but she could not help it. This is the only thing that made sense as they moved forward with this story.
Edited by cjknick, Feb 17 2009, 07:20 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AidanGreensFan

Nicole Dimera

OR the writers changed what happened... Is Marlena really a serial killer? Did Alice really get killed with a donut? All those things changed due to public outcry - so just because the writers changed the story doesn't mean what I witness on 12/29 was a rape. The writers screwed the pooch on this story - over and over again.

I'll state it again. I don't believe this was originally written as a rape but due to the outcry - the writers changed what happened on 12/29. I don't believe Sami is a liar - I do believe the writers changed this story.

Offline Profile Goto Top

ilovemydays

Ellie
Feb 4 2009, 07:57 PM
Please link to DR.

Note: This is a three-page joint interview with these actors, and I am just highlighting some of the points which I think will be of interest here, based on past topics and discussions. The actors gave a very engaging interview which is very enjoyable to read and covers a variety of topics. It would really be impossible to write a summary which brings across the tone of the interview or all of the points covered.

SOD asks JS and AZ, "Did you think they were going to go this far with the couple?"

JS answers that he's not positive about this, but he and AZ both got the impression that the relationship between EJ and Nicole was originally intended as just "interference", but that "it was just EJ and Sami". However, he says that the producers seemed to like EJ/Nicole more and more based on what he and AZ did on screen.

SOD then asks them if there was a particular point in the story where they felt the EJ/Nicole relationship was becoming more than they'd originally thought. Both answered that it was probably the elevator sex, where they realized that Nicole might get pregnant. As JS says, "That in itself is a huge commitment for the characters." He says that he got very enthusiastic feedback from people he met who watched the show. AZ says that even before that, when the characters got drunk together, "I felt that I was able to take it to a place that the producers really enjoyed", and that's where she saw the possibility of the EJ/Nicole relationship becoming more than she'd expected. (JS then says he agrees with her - "we made that stuff seem very sexy.")

SOD asks them about whether they have similar work styles, and they both say that they do. Each enjoys working with the other; as AZ says, "we come in with ideas and help each other out... James might come in with something that I didn't see, so I feel like I might get a nice surprise."

SOD asks them about the personal appearances they've done together. AZ starts off by saying, "the Sami fans are constantly out there going, 'Your scenes are fine, but we want you with Sami.'" She then laughs and says that she thinks people "really like us together" and that physically she and JS match up height-wise.

JS says that he did an appearance where he signed about 200 autographs, and he asked each person, 'Sami or Nicole?' He says he doesn't know the exact numbers, "but it was very close." He continues that this was a surprise to him, given the fact that he and AZ have only worked together for a short time, but "it really speaks to what we were talking about earlier."

SOD then asks a few questions which lead to a discussion of the characters' relationship. AZ says that Nicole had never been "truly in love with someone" except for Eric Brady. Nicole was attracted to EJ but thought there would be no way he'd be interested in her. But then when he was, Nicole wanted his love; "She desires to be in love with someone." However, both AZ and JS then say that the "first attraction" between them was because of Sami. AZ says Nicole "wanted to piss [Sami] off", and JS says that "the first reason EJ started taking an interest in Nicole is that it turned Sami purple."

SOD asks how Nicole feels about lying to EJ. AZ explains that Nicole feels "absolutely horrible, even though you wouldn't think so". Nicole was obsessed with becoming a mother, "because she's got nothing else good in her life". She is desperate, but she is in love. AZ says that "this is not vindictive, this is not, 'I'm going to get this guy' like Sami. This is truly coming from, in Nicole's eyes, a good place."

JS says that he doesn't know what's going to happen in the story: "It'll be somewhere between having his heart just smashed in a million pieces and wanting to absolutely murder her."

SOD ends by asking if EJ and Nicole will have a happy Valentine's day. AZ answers, "I do know that we are supposed to have some good times together according to the bigwigs upstairs!"

After 42 pages of banter I realized that I hadn't thanked you for posting your summary!

Thanks Ellie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCKELLY

ilovemydays
Feb 12 2009, 09:26 AM
MCKELLY
Feb 10 2009, 10:12 PM

What EJ did years ago, (was not rape anyway, mind you, only the Lumi's still call it that) but has certainly redeemed himself since then. Sami has as well, with the exception of hiding the baby from EJ due to fear of Stefano - who has been the most ruthless villain ever on this show - heaven forbid she is afraid of him. Only Nicole CONTINUES to do bad things over and over again. I for one could NEVER forgive her and hopefully, EJ won't either.

Interesting, I suppose that Alison, James and Corday are Lumis then because they all called it rape,

I don't see how you can say that only Nicole is continuing to do bad things when Sami is STILL refusing to tell EJ that he has a daughter.

I would understand Sami never forgiving Nicole for the baby switch but IMO, EJ should THANK Nicole. While I'm sure he would have liked to be in on her secret she has given him the gift of a daughter he would otherwise not know.

Alison, James and Corday call it rape cause that's how it was written in the story. Bottom line. Doesn't mean it is correct and I for one am SICK of hearing it.

Rape victims never have a choice and I speak from personal experience.

I find it interesting that the only people I know (or read on message boards about) that call it rape are those who want Sami with Lucas or EJ with Nicole. Amazing how the EJOLES don't mind the fact that EJ, the Rapist when he is with Sami, is perfect with their beloved Nicole.

Keeping EJ from knowing about their child is not good, no, but PALES in comparison to:

a: STEALING the baby from the birth mother
b: LYING to Mia who Nic PROMISED she would take care of her baby and then just gave her to someone she hates
c: THREATENING doc Baker with losing his life
d: LYING continuously to the man she supposedly LOVES and not letting him grieve over the loss of their actual child.
e: LYING to the only real friend she has in Brady - and if Brady knew she had STOLEN his sister's kid - I'd like to see how willing he would be to help her.

EJ will be pissed that Sami kept the kid without a doubt. But he will want to KILL Nic for the constant LYING to him and DECEIVING him. If she LOVES him so much, why not tell him the truth...that their daughter died but she found out about Sami having his child and they can fight honestly for custody to raise that baby...instead of all the lies and deceit that she has created. Sami has never said she loved him as Nic has, so she doesn't feel that she owes it to him to tell him and technically she doesn't. Nic, supposedly does love him and has agreed to marry him - thus be honest with him - fully lying right to his face.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ilovemydays

MCKELLY
Feb 17 2009, 10:16 AM
ilovemydays
MCKELLY

What EJ did years ago, (was not rape anyway, mind you, only the Lumi's still call it that) but has certainly redeemed himself since then. Sami has as well, with the exception of hiding the baby from EJ due to fear of Stefano - who has been the most ruthless villain ever on this show - heaven forbid she is afraid of him. Only Nicole CONTINUES to do bad things over and over again. I for one could NEVER forgive her and hopefully, EJ won't either.

Interesting, I suppose that Alison, James and Corday are Lumis then because they all called it rape,

I don't see how you can say that only Nicole is continuing to do bad things when Sami is STILL refusing to tell EJ that he has a daughter.

I would understand Sami never forgiving Nicole for the baby switch but IMO, EJ should THANK Nicole. While I'm sure he would have liked to be in on her secret she has given him the gift of a daughter he would otherwise not know.

Alison, James and Corday call it rape cause that's how it was written in the story. Bottom line. Doesn't mean it is correct and I for one am SICK of hearing it.

I find it interesting that the only people I know (or read on message boards about) that call it rape are those who want Sami with Lucas or EJ with Nicole. Amazing how the EJOLES don't mind the fact that EJ, the Rapist when he is with Sami, is perfect with their beloved Nicole.

You see fans of EJole on this thread because it is thread about an interview of JAMES AND ARI.

Coercion by threat of violence to yourself or another fits the legal definition of rape so it is ineviitable that people will bring up the topic of rape whenever the subject of Sami and EJ are brought up because EJ RAPED SAMI. And for the record I wasn't the one that brought up EJami/Rape into this thread.

I suggest that if you are sick of hearing about EJ'S RAPING SAMI that you avoid bringing up EJ and Sami. :moon:

Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 17 2009, 10:32 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

MCKELLY
ilovemydays
MCKELLY

Keeping EJ from knowing about their child is not good, no, but PALES in comparison to:

a: STEALING the baby from the birth mother
b: LYING to Mia who Nic PROMISED she would take care of her baby and then just gave her to someone she hates
c: THREATENING doc Baker with losing his life
d: LYING continuously to the man she supposedly LOVES and not letting him grieve over the loss of their actual child.
e: LYING to the only real friend she has in Brady - and if Brady knew she had STOLEN his sister's kid - I'd like to see how willing he would be to help her.

EJ will be pissed that Sami kept the kid without a doubt. But he will want to KILL Nic for the constant LYING to him and DECEIVING him. If she LOVES him so much, why not tell him the truth...that their daughter died but she found out about Sami having his child and they can fight honestly for custody to raise that baby...instead of all the lies and deceit that she has created. Sami has never said she loved him as Nic has, so she doesn't feel that she owes it to him to tell him and technically she doesn't. Nic, supposedly does love him and has agreed to marry him - thus be honest with him - fully lying right to his face.
Thanks for sharing your experience, and I agree with your post 100%. This is something that has needed to be said for a long time now. If EJ was such a muderous, rapist, pig, then why do they want Nicole with him. I think you have said it all.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Good Post!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mesagirl
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Feb 16 2009, 10:31 PM
mesagirl
SocRMum1

I'm not so sure Johnny will agree with that assessment when he's old enough to understand it. IF Days manages to stick around that long, it will have to be addressed. What child would feel good knowing that he is the product of a rape? And what a lesson it would teach him...

Dad forced himself sexually on mom. Mom forgave him (which can happen), and them Mom slept with him later on (doesn't happen in RL). I guess I can rape my girlfriends when they say no too. All I'll have to do is apologize afterward right? :shame:

No matter how you slice it, that scene was written as a rape. That is what the writers have said, what JS has said, what AS has said, what Corday has said. That is what I saw occur on 12/29. You can tell me the sky is yellow all day long, but it's really blue now isn't it. I really think the writers have done a huge injustice all the way around. They screwed the EJami fans by having EJ rape Sami. Then they screwed the rest of the viewers by trying to have us believe that somehow Sami would not only accept his apology but then sleep with him willingly later.

This is why I can never accept EJami as a couple. It just doesn't add up, not for me anyway.

They should have taken this the way of Jack and Jennifer, which is what I believe they were doing with EJ and Nicole. Of course they screw that up by turning Nicole in to a bit of a loon, with this whole AS pregnancy debacle. I still love EJole, but at the rate they are going they should probably find a brand new love interest for JS. Where's Ava when you need her??? :tounge:
No matter how you slice it, that scene was written as a rape.

That is what I disagree with - I don't think it was originally written to be construed as a rape at all. But their was a viewer backlash with the scene and the next thing you know 'EJ raped Sami'.

The word rape wasn't even said originally - and then a few weeks down the road it's the only word that is EVER used.

Just another example of a horribly executed story that sacrificed multiple couples and potential couples in it's long destructive path. I really believe 12/29 may go down in history as on of the WORST blunders in the history of Days if not all soaps. The far reaching effects of how completely short sighted and craptastic the writing was are astounding IMO.
I don't know how you can argue this when the writers have said, when Corday has said, when JS has said.... the scene was written as a rape scene from the get go. It was always written as EJ raping Sami.

It's like arguing with the author of a book. Would you argue with Thomas Harris (Silence of the Lambs author) that Hannibal Lectur really wasn't a cannibalistic serial killer... he was just misunderstood? :huh1: (no I am not comparing EJ with Lectur lol... but you can't argue a writer's intent. It was THEIR intent as the author).

What played out on my screen was the writer's trying to appease the EJami fan backlash by trying to white wash the rape, with a ridiculously poor attempt at an apology from EJ... "I thought I was making love"... THAT was his apology. Come on now! :shame: That's no apology, that's an excuse, and a really really bad one at that. Seriously, if a man believes sticking his fingers in your mouth in an obscene manner, previously holding a gun to your head, and making lewd comments about holding the man you really loves life between your legs, is love making... that man is in serious need of some therapy!

Sami did not want to sleep with EJ... not even one ounce of her. She said NO several times. She only said yes when EJ threatened her and coerced her in to it.

Poor Johnny. :-/ I hope EJ is saving up for his son's future therapy sessions... he's gonna need them!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCKELLY

ilovemydays
Feb 17 2009, 10:30 AM
MCKELLY
ilovemydays

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

You see fans of EJole on this thread because it is thread about an interview of JAMES AND ARI.

Coercion by threat of violence to yourself or another fits the legal definition of rape so it is ineviitable that people will bring up the topic of rape whenever the subject of Sami and EJ are brought up because EJ RAPED SAMI. And for the record I wasn't the one that brought up EJami/Rape into this thread.

I suggest that if you are sick of hearing about EJ'S RAPING SAMI that you avoid bringing up EJ and Sami. :moon:

Where was the threat of violence?

EJ said - you want me to help you save Lucas, then you have to do something for me. Let's play Hide the Salami...
He didn't threaten her with anything. She chose to sleep with him...HER CHOICE. THAT SHE MADE. WILLINGLY.

If only she would have let Lucas freeze in the snow we wouldn't be in this mess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCKELLY

mesagirl
Feb 17 2009, 10:39 AM
AidanGreensFan
mesagirl

That is what I disagree with - I don't think it was originally written to be construed as a rape at all. But their was a viewer backlash with the scene and the next thing you know 'EJ raped Sami'.

The word rape wasn't even said originally - and then a few weeks down the road it's the only word that is EVER used.

Just another example of a horribly executed story that sacrificed multiple couples and potential couples in it's long destructive path. I really believe 12/29 may go down in history as on of the WORST blunders in the history of Days if not all soaps. The far reaching effects of how completely short sighted and craptastic the writing was are astounding IMO.
I don't know how you can argue this when the writers have said, when Corday has said, when JS has said.... the scene was written as a rape scene from the get go. It was always written as EJ raping Sami.

It's like arguing with the author of a book. Would you argue with Thomas Harris (Silence of the Lambs author) that Hannibal Lectur really wasn't a cannibalistic serial killer... he was just misunderstood? :huh1: (no I am not comparing EJ with Lectur lol... but you can't argue a writer's intent. It was THEIR intent as the author).

What played out on my screen was the writer's trying to appease the EJami fan backlash by trying to white wash the rape, with a ridiculously poor attempt at an apology from EJ... "I thought I was making love"... THAT was his apology. Come on now! :shame: That's no apology, that's an excuse, and a really really bad one at that. Seriously, if a man believes sticking his fingers in your mouth in an obscene manner, previously holding a gun to your head, and making lewd comments about holding the man you really loves life between your legs, is love making... that man is in serious need of some therapy!

Sami did not want to sleep with EJ... not even one ounce of her. She said NO several times. She only said yes when EJ threatened her and coerced her in to it.

Poor Johnny. :-/ I hope EJ is saving up for his son's future therapy sessions... he's gonna need them!
Your post is ABSOLUTELY not true. Re-watch the scene.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AidanGreensFan

mesagirl

Quote:

Corday, JS and everyone else called it rape months down the road after the Rape Is Not Romance campaign and the fan outcry. I am capable of thinking for myself - and what I witnessed in that car on 12/29 was NOT rape.

Don't you think it's odd that if it WAS supposed to be a rape - it didn't make ANY headlines when it happened? No SOD/SOW cover screaming EJ RAPES SAMI! or some such thing? Because it wasn't INTENDED to be rape.

You asked for an Ejami opinion. I gave it and you continue to tell me I'm wrong. I believe the original scene was not written as rape but the writers changed it down the road.

Edited by AidanGreensFan, Feb 17 2009, 11:02 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mindy
Member Avatar

MCKELLY
Before there was even an EJole, I thought it was rape too. In fact, EJami never interested me so I didn't watch it when it happened. I do remember a friend calling me asking me if I knew that EJ had raped Sami. This friend is a general audience fan of the show who doesn't get online and ship for any particular couple. So there's a non Lumi/EJole fan example for ya. It's much harder to argue that it wasn't rape than it is to assume it was. The reason is because anytime a woman is unwillingly forced or coerced to have sex with someone, it's considered rape.

And as far as us EJOLES accepting EJ for Nicole even though he raped Sami - all I'll say is that for many people there is something twisted about a rapist and their victim falling in love. Yes, even in soapland. I personally find it quite disgusting and out of character for Sami. Also, I LOVE Jack Deveraux but I could have never accepted him and Kayla together either. I think characters who've committed vile crimes are much more redeemable when they are paired with someone other than their victims.

On a side note - How did this thread become a discussion about EJ raping Sami? :shrug: I see why poor JS wants to move away from this all together. It always comes back to this which is why EJami just doesn't work, imo.
Edited by Mindy, Feb 17 2009, 11:08 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
mesagirl
SocRMum1

I'm just jumping in right here for a second. I'm not going to get into the whole rape debate again, but I will say this, no one "caved" to the rape is not romance campaign. If they had, Sami NEVER would have gone to bed willingly with EJ in May. Prior to the campaign ever existing, spoilers indicated that EJ was going to rape Sami. The word "rape" was actually in spoilers before it ever happened on our screens or any campaign was ever organized. So I really wish that some would stop trying to villify a campaign that some felt very strongly about. The purpose of the campaign was to express a strong opposition to the romaticizing of a man who raped a woman, and the woman in question.

One more thing, when those opposed to EJ and Sami ever pairing up because of the rape (and all of the other horrendous things that he did to her and her family), several of us were accused of trying to get James fired. We were accused of wanting EJ written off and therefore wanting James to be out of a job. However, when some of us found that we could accept and even enjoy him with another female character, we are accused of being "interesting" hypocrites because we couldn't accept him with the woman he raped, but we can accept him with another woman even though "once a rapist always a rapist". :shrug:
So what I am gathering from that, is we either accept EJ with Sami, or nothing at all, otherwise we are "interesting".

I hated Jack when he raped Kayla. I never would have accepted her forgiving him and then staying in a relationship with him and continuing some preposterous "romance". I did, however, fall under the spell of Jack and Jennifer. I found myself pulled into the heart-wrenching story of a man who hated himself for the awful thing he had done, who believed himself unworthy of love, and resisted the love of a beautiful young woman who would not give up on him. Through Jennifer, Jack grew, healed, and moved forward as a character, and developed an enormous following. Clearly, some EJ fans do not want that for EJ, they want Sami or nothing at all. Which is fine, but I think accusing those fans who do genuinely appreciate his character in a different story with a different female of being false and/or hypocritical is extremely biased and unfair, not to mention wrong. And throwing around the Rape is not Romance campaign as a scapegoat for why Ejami didn't work, or why the "event" on 12/29 was called rape, is ridiculous and insulting to those of us who took that campaign very seriously, and were genuinely repulsed by the idea of a character willingly getting romantic with the man who raped her and so much more ...
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCKELLY

Mindy
Feb 17 2009, 11:04 AM
MCKELLY
Before there was even an EJole, I thought it was rape too. In fact, EJami never interested me so I didn't watch it when it happened. I do remember a friend calling me asking me if I knew that EJ had raped Sami. This friend is a general audience fan of the show who doesn't get online and ship for any particular couple. So there's a non Lumi/EJole fan example for ya. It's much harder to argue that it wasn't rape than it is to assume it was. The reason is because anytime a woman is unwillingly forced or coerced to have sex with someone, it's considered rape.

And as far as us EJOLES accepting EJ for Nicole even though he raped Sami - all I'll say is that for many people there is something twisted about a rapist and their victim falling in love. Yes, even in soapland. I personally find it quite disgusting and out of character for Sami. Also, I LOVE Jack Deveraux but I could have never accepted him and Kayla together either. I think characters who've committed vile crimes are much more redeemable when they are paired with someone other than their victims.
Here's the deal - not ALL of us believe this happened (your quote below) so not ALL of us believe it was rape.

The reason is because anytime a woman is unwillingly forced or coerced to have sex with someone, it's considered rape.

Your Jack/Kayla analogy is incorrect in my opinion as that was rape and it was HORRIBLE and VIOLENT. She had ABSOLUTELY no choice.

You could never have believed in Jack and Kayla because they never had real romance - she married him to help save his life even though she already loved Steve. He got mad when he found out a raped her.

When bonehead Lucas left Sami, she had a lovely romance with EJ that the EJAMI's will never forget and they almost made love on several occasions. Their potential as a great supercouple was always there - and obviously for myself and numerous others - continues to be.

ps. Sami had a relationship with Austin, (I believe they were engaged) years after she took advantage of him. Did that really make you sick too?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mesagirl
AidanGreensFan
mesagirl

Using your own argument as to the way 12/29 was written - I don't see how you can say EJ's apology wasn't valid. The writers wrote it, and wrote that Sami accepted it - even sharing her own experience with Austin as her means to coming to terms with it and feeling that she could relate to what EJ was feeling at the time.

You don't have to accept the apology - but it was written Sami did, and they moved past it and agreed to never discuss it again. For the purpose of the story, and their future pairing, that's all that matters.
It's a dead issue from the perspective of the written story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic