Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Will' recast and first airdate
Topic Started: Feb 6 2009, 03:10 PM (3,633 Views)
Ponz
Member Avatar

Looks good. Reminds me a little of the Will before Chris (I forget his name).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Great news. I think this casting confirms there will be Will/Mia pairing. He is right about her age and they gave the actress playing Mia contract around the same time, AFTER her most of important part in the baby switch storyline already ended.

Judging by the photos he definitely has the looks to secure DAYS first position in the young teens girl demos, hopefully he can act as well. (but DAYS casting department is on a roll lately)

We will have Will back and soon after him Sami returns as well, things are starting to look really interesting.

As for Melanie, I think her and Will was the original idea before they decided to make Melanie older so Molly Burnett can play the part. She is 21 in real life, the same like Shelley Hennig, so I think they will keep her playing for Phillip and in the Titan storyline. I think TPTB likes Mel as the hurting, vindictive, scheming little b*tch and thatīs the reason why Nick was let go. It was too soon for her to fall in love and turn good.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Feb 6 2009, 05:03 PM
Looks good. Reminds me a little of the Will before Chris (I forget his name).
It was Darian Weiss and he does have that look to him.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Anyone know what is up for Will? Is he coming back for Lucas? Will he still be an ass to Sami?
I look forward to what he is supposed to be doing...hopefully not just a babysitter or something. I hope he tries to be a nuSami scheming to get his parents back together.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 6 2009, 05:07 PM
Great news. I think this casting confirms there will be Will/Mia pairing. He is right about her age and they gave the actress playing Mia contract around the same time, AFTER her most of important part in the baby switch storyline already ended.

Judging by the photos he definitely has the looks to secure DAYS first position in the young teens girl demos, hopefully he can act as well. (but DAYS casting department is on a roll lately)

We will have Will back and soon after him Sami returns as well, things are starting to look really interesting.

As for Melanie, I think her and Will was the original idea before they decided to make Melanie older so Molly Burnett can play the part. She is 21 in real life, the same like Shelley Hennig, so I think they will keep her playing for Phillip and in the Titan storyline. I think TPTB likes Mel as the hurting, vindictive, scheming little b*tch and thatīs the reason why Nick was let go. It was too soon for her to fall in love and turn good.
I agree other then I think firing Nick was about more then that. Nick was such a unique character and he didn't fit in with the vision of the show Tomlin had. It's not just about talent. He wants good looks and hot bodies and that is what Days seems to be doing now. That and it was clear Nick's days were numbered for a long time. Even Hogan's last few months barely featured him.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Bringing back Will is a good choice..The show does need one or two teens..As Chelsea, Steph, and Max have moved into the 20's age group that used to be Lucas, Sami, Austin, and Carrie

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I am looking forward to the return of Will. I have to wonder if he will confess to shooting EJ? Also I was wondering if he might be the father of Mia's baby (now Sami's baby)? She could have been in school in Switzerland and gotten tangled up there with Will. Hard to say but it wouldn't surprise me to have Sami raising this baby (her grandchild) thinking it was her own. Just speculation. LOL Days has done some whacked out stories.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This guy doesn't have many credits to his name, and he looks very un-Dayslike, LoL. He reminds me a bit of Darian Weiss.

Let's hope he can act...

Rafesgurl
Member Avatar

doolcrazy
Feb 7 2009, 02:14 PM
I am looking forward to the return of Will. I have to wonder if he will confess to shooting EJ? Also I was wondering if he might be the father of Mia's baby (now Sami's baby)? She could have been in school in Switzerland and gotten tangled up there with Will. Hard to say but it wouldn't surprise me to have Sami raising this baby (her grandchild) thinking it was her own. Just speculation. LOL Days has done some whacked out stories.
That's what I was thinking, Sami was a teen parent and history does seem to repeat its self in Salem. Will being the daddy to Mia's baby? That sounds a little better than some other story lines that were brought up.

What I want to see is how Will is gonna handle the baby switch and the Chloe situation thats gonna be going on. Not to mention if Rafe is with Sami, them being in a relationship, we all know how Will always wanted his parents to be together.
Edited by Rafesgurl, Feb 7 2009, 10:08 PM.

LadyAnne

He looks like the guy who plays Peter on Degrassi TNG. I hope he can act

koos

Kevc1980
Feb 6 2009, 05:50 PM
Bringing back Will is a good choice..The show does need one or two teens..As Chelsea, Steph, and Max have moved into the 20's age group that used to be Lucas, Sami, Austin, and Carrie
Funny that, chronologically, Max is old enough to be Chelsea's dad...

Ellie

koos
Feb 8 2009, 03:16 AM
Kevc1980
Feb 6 2009, 05:50 PM
Funny that, chronologically, Max is old enough to be Chelsea's dad...
And Will is older than EJ...

Shylock

Am I the only one who really loathed their previous Will?

I have no ill will for Chris Gerse personally, none at all.

But he was just a horrible, horrible choice for Will. He looked NOTHING like Sami or Lucas, he really wasn't that great in the part, etc. Someone said earlier in the thread that he looked more like Lucas, when really he didn't resemble either of his parents at all.

This one looks a bit more fitting, I'd say. But acting wise, we'll have to wait and see. Although with the writing on the show currently, who really can make anything of it?

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Shylock
Feb 8 2009, 04:14 AM

I have no ill will for Chris Gerse personally, none at all.

But he was just a horrible, horrible choice for Will. He looked NOTHING like Sami or Lucas, he really wasn't that great in the part, etc. Someone said earlier in the thread that he looked more like Lucas, when really he didn't resemble either of his parents at all.

This one looks a bit more fitting, I'd say. But acting wise, we'll have to wait and see. Although with the writing on the show currently, who really can make anything of it?
I liked him well enough in the role when he was younger, but once he entered puberty he was awkward, like a lot of kids are at that age. He looked nothing like Lucas and Sami. I thought he could have passed for Austin's kid.

The new Will looks like he could be Lumi's, resembling Sami the most. I'm glad they're bringing the character back. I'd like to see him call Sami on the carpet for her brilliant moves over the past couple of years. :drunk: It would also be interesting to see Sami and Lucas dealing with him pulling stunts and schemes like they used to do.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Cute. I expected older though.

Mason
Member Avatar

Shylock
Feb 8 2009, 04:14 AM
Oh, lord no! LoL. I couldn't even watch the scenes he was in, because it was just too painful.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just want to know why every actor who plays Will is always in desperate need of a haircut, LoL.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 8 2009, 02:04 PM
I just want to know why every actor who plays Will is always in desperate need of a haircut, LoL.
LoL, well at least this one doesn't look like he's wearing a mop on top of his head.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Kenny
I think this new guy's hair is pretty cool actually. The long hair look is in now. Unlike the old Will, his hair isn't all frizzy and bushy.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Feb 8 2009, 02:08 PM
Kenny
LoL, well at least this one doesn't look like he's wearing a mop on top of his head.
True say!

I think Kenny prefers the bald look instead :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply