Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Frances Reid
Topic Started: Feb 6 2009, 04:13 PM (4,264 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I've heard in a couple of places that she has pneumonia and may not recover. :frown:

I'm trying to find out more info.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, no! :frown:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

:'( I hate to hear that.

Days4Life

This is upsetting; I don't even know what to say. Although I don't know Ms. Reid personally, I have known and loved Alice Horton for most of my life. I just pray for her, that she's comfortable and not in pain.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

:frown: Prayers.........

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

So sad, but there's something poignant for me with Frances ill at the time this show is being cancelled.

Here's hoping both can make miracle recoveries, especially Ms. Reid.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I had heard she wasn't doing well. Just didn't get any of the specifics. I just pray she recovers. She's been through difficult times before. She's a strong woman

My thoughts and prayers are with her and everyone at Days. I know how much she is loved. I adore her. I know it's strange but I feel like she is like my grandmother. I lost my real one in September and her and Frances were so much alike. They both were strong-willed and tough as nails.

I really hope she makes it through this and that she is comfortable.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I feel like Frances has been part of my life for over 40 years - through Days - and this truly saddens me. I pray for her recovery.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I just hope she's not suffering. It's hard losing someone so part of your life growing up! I hope every thing is ok with her!
Liz

IIttu
Member Avatar

So sorry to hear that :( She's been there like forever. If she doesn't make it, it'll be a huge loss.

For Days it'd meen losing their last, true icon. Alice Horton's funeral would have a symbolic meaning as the end of Days of our Lives.

Ponz
Member Avatar

She will be in my thoughts.

King
Member Avatar

This is sad. :(

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Awww, I hope she pulls through.

sungrey

Oh, God. This reminds me so much of when Macdonald was ill. I hope for the best, but I'd better steel myself.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I love Francis.. She will be in my prayers.. From personal experience much will depend on her own will to survive. I have missed her on Days, Im glad to have so many happy memories,

God Bless you Francis
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Oh my goodness, I hope she can pull through it.

I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Pneumonia is very hard on young healthy individuals let alone a 94 year old woman :(

aimees76
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 6 2009, 04:37 PM
I had heard she wasn't doing well. Just didn't get any of the specifics. I just pray she recovers. She's been through difficult times before. She's a strong woman

My thoughts and prayers are with her and everyone at Days. I know how much she is loved. I adore her. I know it's strange but I feel like she is like my grandmother. I lost my real one in September and her and Frances were so much alike. They both were strong-willed and tough as nails.

I really hope she makes it through this and that she is comfortable.
I have always felt that Alice Horton reminded me so much of my own grandmother, and mine passed in September also.
Just reading the title of this thread brought tears to my eyes, I was afraid of what I would find inside.
I will be praying for her ... :frown:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Francis Reid and Alice were like a 3rd grandmother to me growing up..But the women is 94 years old and she's lived a very full life...It will be sad when she passes, but instead of grieving we should try to pay tribute to her...Most people don't make it 94 years old anymore, thats amazing..

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The show does not have a statement, is what I was just told. However, this may be at the request of the family.

Mason
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Feb 6 2009, 06:29 PM
The show does not have a statement, is what I was just told. However, this may be at the request of the family.
It really is that serious? :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply