Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Frances Reid
Topic Started: Feb 6 2009, 04:13 PM (4,225 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 6 2009, 06:32 PM
OneBadKitty
Feb 6 2009, 06:29 PM
The show does not have a statement, is what I was just told. However, this may be at the request of the family.
It really is that serious? :(
Sweetheart, I don't even know if it's even true. But I imagine that if it wasn't true, wouldn't the show say so?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DoolDiva
Member Avatar

Alice was the one good hunk of glue that holds this show together. I grew up watching the Matriarch and she will always be that even if it's just in our minds. God Bless you Francis and may god be with you always.

Ives
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Feb 6 2009, 05:40 PM
Francis Reid and Alice were like a 3rd grandmother to me growing up..But the women is 94 years old and she's lived a very full life...It will be sad when she passes, but instead of grieving we should try to pay tribute to her...Most people don't make it 94 years old anymore, thats amazing..
And she looks absolutely amazing for her age.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Feb 6 2009, 06:37 PM
Mason
Feb 6 2009, 06:32 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Sweetheart, I don't even know if it's even true. But I imagine that if it wasn't true, wouldn't the show say so?
I remember back in 2007 similar info floated around and many of us really worried because she looked so frail in her last two appearances before that and then she showed up on the July 4th show looking better then she had in awhile. Who knows. I hope she pulls through or that it's better then it sounds. The last time we had no specifics but it seems this time it is believe to be pneumonia so the more specific the info is, the more inclined I am to believe it. I pray it's not true but, if it is, I pray she gets through it.

I wouldn't expect the show to say anything though. They may not even feel secure in addressing the issue at this point.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ives
Feb 7 2009, 12:32 AM
Kevc1980
Feb 6 2009, 05:40 PM
Francis Reid and Alice were like a 3rd grandmother to me growing up..But the women is 94 years old and she's lived a very full life...It will be sad when she passes, but instead of grieving we should try to pay tribute to her...Most people don't make it 94 years old anymore, thats amazing..
And she looks absolutely amazing for her age.
She sure does.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

She's a gorgeous dame, that's for sure!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

I had a difficult time going to bed after I read about this. My prayers and thoughts are with Miss Reid.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I have watched this show from the first day it came on and Frances was always awesome as our Alice. She has been the backbone of the show and the things involving the Horton Family and others as well. Alice has been there and been strong as well as a bit feisty but you just had to love her and her donuts. LOL Frances has been like a grandmother to me too and been a wonderful example of someone I admire greatly. I can only pray that Gods (or whoever) will be done and she not suffer. I love and miss her on the show but it is like I know she is there even if just in spirit as Tom is. God Bless you Frances.
Edited by doolcrazy, Feb 7 2009, 01:35 PM.

ilovemydays

Sad news. I hope that they are able to keep her comfortable.
My thoughts and prayers for her and her loved ones.

Kenny
Member Avatar

God, the sad news just keeps piling on!

I really hope that she pulls through. Pneumonia is tough for even young people to recover from, much less a woman in her golden years. :(

If you've heard this from a few people though, chances are it's pretty serious.

hajones1

i foundin the globe

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

hajones1
Feb 7 2009, 10:30 PM
i foundin the globe
That is one place I saw it. And yes, the Globe is a tabloid but I don't think they'd make up something like this.

Gregorzick

Get well soon, La Reid.

She is simply one of the all time greats in soap opera. She did ATWT, EDGE OF NIGHT, and PORTIA FACES LIFE long before she did DAYS.

She's definitely one of a kind.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Poor Frances.

I hope to god she makes it through this...so sad to hear that she has fallen ill.

It is going to be a truly tragic day when she does pass. As a long time DAYS fan, I will be heartbroken and the show BETTER give her the proper tribute and respect.

suzipawhuska
Member Avatar

I, too, have watched since day one. I love Alice as a grandmother, too. My own grandma died at 91, but my great grams died at 94.
So is it offical that Days is going off the air? Is over? done??

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Every time I see a new post in this thread I get nervous, but I guess we have nothing new? Which in itself is good, I guess.

I was watching a clip from the early '90s the other day, and I was almost taken aback to see her and be reminded that we used to get to see her more than once a year and last year, not even then. She looked so great and she obviously wasn't young then either. I hope she's doing better.

KMan101
Member Avatar

JER used her somewhat a lot. At least a few times a month. Probably the amount we typically see Maggie.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I do hope that Ms. Reid can recover. She is such an iconic figure at Days.

Sad news Kitty, but thanks for letting us know.

siamesecougar
Member Avatar

She is 94 now. My gosh. She was like a 3rd grandmother to me growing up. Prayers and good throughts for her.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

suzipawhuska
Feb 9 2009, 06:27 PM
I, too, have watched since day one. I love Alice as a grandmother, too. My own grandma died at 91, but my great grams died at 94.
So is it offical that Days is going off the air? Is over? done??
No DAYS is not cancelled.

The show just had its contract renewed by NBC, I believe a month or 2 ago.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 10 2009, 01:33 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply