Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rachel Melvin and Darin Brooks News
Topic Started: Feb 6 2009, 05:23 PM (2,964 Views)
Ponz
Member Avatar

I can't be bothered to type the whole blurb out but SOW report that Darin will "have to choose" between DOOL/primetime if his pilot is picked up.

They also claim that Rachel is considering not renewing her contract when it expires in the Spring.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Maybe they both could ride off into the sunset together. I am so over the niece and nephew thing.

Thanks for posting.

King
Member Avatar

Oh boy.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I figured they'd be out soon.

Melvin is talented but the character is kind of...I don't find Chelsea compelling.

And Max, imho, has been a total waste of time. I never understood why they seemed to be pushing so hard for him to work.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Feb 6 2009, 05:23 PM
I can't be bothered to type the whole blurb out but SOW report that Darin will "have to choose" between DOOL/primetime if his pilot is picked up.

They also claim that Rachel is considering not renewing her contract when it expires in the Spring.
I can see the one about Darin but Rachel just signed a new deal last May. I believe that was for at least two years. I know contracts mean nothing but the show can only fire her. She can't quit unless she has some sort of out so I think the Rachel stuff is all wrong.

ETA: I just checked Jason47's site. Rachel's contracted at Days until May 2010. Unless the show fires her or allows her out of her contract, she is going nowhere so it's not her decision. I would be shocked anyway. She seems to like the show and never seems to whine when not working.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 6 2009, 05:29 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I won't miss them.
Edited by Sindacco, Feb 6 2009, 05:29 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I used to like Darin, but now it won't bother me at all if he leaves. The character was ruined when he started dating his nieces.

brimike

Now THIS is interesting. First of all though, the chances of Darin's pilot getting picked up aren't great - there are HUNDREDS of pilots, and very few that actually get picked up. Rachel choosing to leave is another story though. It's not like they're really using her.

If Darin and Rachel choose to leave, I think that would be a huge blow. I suppose they could recast both roles with no problem - but really, they'll just end up with rookies (that's really all they can afford) Stephanie, Mia, NuWill can't carry their own stories. JKJ certainly can, but I'm still annoyed that he's playing in the generation below him.

I'm really curious to see what happens here...

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

meh, I can't be bothered. Hopefully Darin does well with his pilot so it rids my screen of Max. I do like chelsea but given the shallow stories there is nowhere to fit her in.

cjknick
Member Avatar

They were one of my guess to be leaving next ... I bet they don't have any up coming s/l so I suppose they are worried!

Ellie

Thanks Ponz - as for Darin, they describe the new TV series, and then they say:

"Darin's currently handling both roles", says a show rep. However, if the show is picked up, Brooks, who has played Max since 2005, will no doubt have to make a choice.

Came off to me sounding like they weren't doing anything more than guessing he couldn't do both at once.

Here is the Rachel quote:

Behind the scenes sources report that RM is talking about leaving the show when her contract expires this spring. Melvin has portrayed Chelsea since May 2005. A Days spokesperson had no comment.
Edited by Ellie, Feb 6 2009, 05:37 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I think there are plans because Corday said he loved Max/Chelsea.

I think they are waiting on Darin's pilot. That is why they slowed things down. If it doesn't get picked up, we will likely see them push forward.

Brimike is right though. There are loads of pilots so who knows. I still can't see Rachel leaving nor do I understand what SOW is talking about. She is signed for another year and I even recall SOD stating that last year when she signed.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I would not miss Max at all..But i hope Chelsea doesn't leave..

Ellie

My own opinion (regardless of what the actors' plans are) is that RM is very talented and that they should use her more and further develop her character, and that DB is not a good actor at all (nor is Max a compelling character), and the show would be making a good choice to let him go.

jane1978

I always thought they put Chelsea and Max into a storyline limbo because Darin has the pilot thing going on, not because they donīt like them or donīt want to write for them. I think itīs the same thing like with Phillip and Stephanie, they didnīt do anything serious with them until it was sure JKJ stays.

Iīm pretty sure even if Darin leaves they will recast the part, so they are just waiting with the romance till they know for sure.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Even if the pilot does get picked up, there is no guarantee that it will be a hit and/or actually last. Pilot season is a crapshoot at best.

Ponz
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 6 2009, 05:28 PM
ETA: I just checked Jason47's site. Rachel's contracted at Days until May 2010. Unless the show fires her or allows her out of her contract, she is going nowhere so it's not her decision. I would be shocked anyway. She seems to like the show and never seems to whine when not working.
The dates on Jason's site are estimates. She may have only signed a one year extension.

Mason

Please let this pilot work out! Oh, dear God, PLEASE!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Well, I would hate to see Rachel go. Melvin is a good young actress and I would like to see her in a compelling story. I like Brooks, but would not mind Max leaving at all. Lets trade a Jeremy Horton recast for Max.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Feb 6 2009, 06:05 PM
Please let this pilot work out! Oh, dear God, PLEASE!
I'm so conflicted! I hate the idea that anyone could think DB could ever possibly pass for a quarterback at any level, but OTOH he would be gone from Days which is one of my fondest wishes so . . . I guess, go pilot!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply