Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rachel Melvin and Darin Brooks News
Topic Started: Feb 6 2009, 05:23 PM (3,051 Views)
fancyface78
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 6 2009, 06:05 PM
Please let this pilot work out! Oh, dear God, PLEASE!
I wish Max would leave town and take Melanie with him!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

OH HEEEEELL no!

If their out, i'm definetly done with this show. They are the reason i'm still watching.

and how can he choose?!?!? Doesn't the show decide that concidering he's on contract?!?!?
and why would Rachel think about her contract now?!?! it doesn't expire until 2010?!

jcar03
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 6 2009, 05:28 PM
Ponz
Feb 6 2009, 05:23 PM
I can't be bothered to type the whole blurb out but SOW report that Darin will "have to choose" between DOOL/primetime if his pilot is picked up.

They also claim that Rachel is considering not renewing her contract when it expires in the Spring.
I can see the one about Darin but Rachel just signed a new deal last May. I believe that was for at least two years. I know contracts mean nothing but the show can only fire her. She can't quit unless she has some sort of out so I think the Rachel stuff is all wrong.

ETA: I just checked Jason47's site. Rachel's contracted at Days until May 2010. Unless the show fires her or allows her out of her contract, she is going nowhere so it's not her decision. I would be shocked anyway. She seems to like the show and never seems to whine when not working.
Darin also resigned last year though June 2010. I would not be shocked if the two had some outs in their contracts.

LovingDays

Rachel signed her contract to May 2010
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Feb 6 2009, 06:03 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 6 2009, 05:28 PM
ETA: I just checked Jason47's site. Rachel's contracted at Days until May 2010. Unless the show fires her or allows her out of her contract, she is going nowhere so it's not her decision. I would be shocked anyway. She seems to like the show and never seems to whine when not working.
The dates on Jason's site are estimates. She may have only signed a one year extension.
I still have the SOD issue from last year and it says she signed through May 2010 too.

Maybe jcar is right and they both have outs or maybe they will asked to be released. Who knows. Corday said he liked the Chex pairing so I can see him making an effort to keep them both like he did JKJ.

We'll see. I hope neither leaves but I hope especially that Rachel does not leave. Rachel started blogging again recently so perhaps someone can ask her and maybe she will respond to the rumors in her blog at some point now that it's out there as a rumor.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 7 2009, 01:29 AM.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Rachel Melvin never impressed me with her acting so I won't be sad to see her go.
Edited by KristianFanForever, Feb 7 2009, 08:04 AM.

mandy

I'd have to guess that Rachel is not happy with her storyline (i.e. dating Uncle Max). She didn't seem thrilled to discuss it at the Day of Days event. Maybe she thought Chelsea would get back together with Dr. Dan, but now that is impossible because of the destruction of his character. I've been wondering why she hasn't written in her blog until recently. I think since she didn't have anything postive to say, she didn't say anything at all. She even mentions in her current blog that she probably won't be including tidbits about the show. As far a Darin is concerned, he can't be happy with this storyline either. I'm sure he is tired of the flack he gets because Max keeps dating within his family.
Edited by mandy, Feb 7 2009, 11:32 AM.

Days4Life

I wouldn't mind losing DB at all, but I don't want Rachel Melvin to leave. I like her, and I like Chelsea.

Mackie

Good luck to them both if they choose to leave; Rachel in particular has been impressive and it will be a shame for the show to lose her.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Here's to hoping DB's pilot gets picked up and Corday decides to reunite Stax and send them off screen together. :)

lene
Member Avatar

Gosh, i hope not. Stax sucks. ;)

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rachel Melvin will be much better off without this show.

As for Darin Brooks... meh. Let him go.

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 6 2009, 05:43 PM
My own opinion (regardless of what the actors' plans are) is that RM is very talented and that they should use her more and further develop her character, and that DB is not a good actor at all (nor is Max a compelling character), and the show would be making a good choice to let him go.
I agree. I've been puzzled for quite a while why Days seems bent on promoting the Max character so much. Sheffer in particular seemed enamored with Darin. I have nothing against him, but IMO he's bland and dispensable. I've ff'd a lot of his stuff since he started on the show. I wouldn't miss him if he left. Rachel OTOH is a very good actress. I haven't always liked the character of Chelsea, but she needs a story and Dr. McGropey sure wasn't it.
Edited by Pudge Goddess, Feb 8 2009, 07:00 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Pudge Goddess
Feb 8 2009, 06:57 AM
Ellie
Feb 6 2009, 05:43 PM
My own opinion (regardless of what the actors' plans are) is that RM is very talented and that they should use her more and further develop her character, and that DB is not a good actor at all (nor is Max a compelling character), and the show would be making a good choice to let him go.
I agree. I've been puzzled for quite a while why Days seems bent on promoting the Max character so much. Sheffer in particular seemed enamored with Darin. I have nothing against him, but IMO he's bland and dispensable. I've ff'd a lot of his stuff since he started on the show. I wouldn't miss him if he left. Rachel OTOH is a very good actress. I haven't always liked the character of Chelsea, but she needs a story and Dr. McGropey sure wasn't it.
I'm still trying to picture him as a quarterback, and it hurts my head.
Actually, I can't picture him as a racecar driver, either.
Now, if they made HIM surferdude instead of Dr. FeelGood, then I could buy it. Darin Brooks is a lot like his onscreen brother Billy Warlock. He's got that perpetual boyish face. They needed to cater to that instead of trying to find a square peg in a round hole.

hajones1

they could for next year course she could out contract

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Gee. I didn't know there were so many wanting to see DB leave except me. I don't wish him ill, but just don't care for his character and especially his relationship with Chelsea.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply