Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: SN/MBE/TP fired, Melvin Quits! Corday speaks.; Feb 24th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 11 2009, 11:34 AM (15,871 Views)
phicklover

some people love daniel and chloe and some people hate them, but they are being talked about left and right and thats what TPTB want.

nadia has a big fan base, with philip, with brady and now with daniel. i dont think she is going anywhere unless she wants to.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

King
Feb 12 2009, 04:05 PM
I think people really need to accept that Josh Taylor isn't going anywhere. Haha.

As for Nadia and Shawn...I think Shawn will be gone soon. (I also think Higley will be gone soon.) And Chloe...I don't know. I could see her leaving soon.
Oh, I've accepted it long ago. But I'll never be happy about it, LoL.

As for Higley, I've lost count of how many times I've read people on here saying they think she'll be gone soon over the past, I don't know, 6 months? LoL. It STILL hasn't happened. I'm beginning to think it never will, unless the ratings take a major nosedive (which I don't see happening anytime soon, anyway). We'll probably be saddled with the hack til the very last episode.

King
Member Avatar

Did Higley signed a two year contract?

Mason

King
Feb 12 2009, 05:46 PM
Did Higley signed a two year contract?
Knowing Corday, he probably signed her to a lifetime contract, LoL. Not that it would matter even if he did, because this IS Corday, after all, LoL.

jane1978

Mason
Feb 12 2009, 05:34 PM
King
Feb 12 2009, 04:05 PM
I think people really need to accept that Josh Taylor isn't going anywhere. Haha.

As for Nadia and Shawn...I think Shawn will be gone soon. (I also think Higley will be gone soon.) And Chloe...I don't know. I could see her leaving soon.
Oh, I've accepted it long ago. But I'll never be happy about it, LoL.

As for Higley, I've lost count of how many times I've read people on here saying they think she'll be gone soon over the past, I don't know, 6 months? LoL. It STILL hasn't happened. I'm beginning to think it never will, unless the ratings take a major nosedive (which I don't see happening anytime soon, anyway). We'll probably be saddled with the hack til the very last episode.
She (allegedly) saved Cordayīs ass during the strike, so I think she has very good contract with no outs. Who knows if he even can fire her.

King
Member Avatar

Well, my thinking is that:

1. Corday probably signed Higley to a two year contract since he has a history of doing that, I think? (Minus, JER, which was more NBC-dictated.)
2. Higley's two years is up in October. It's still Seven months away, but it's still relatively soon.
3. Corday stated the obvious a year or two ago when he acknowledged himself that they change writers every two or so years.

So, my guess is that Corday will nix the last 13 weeks off of her contract. (Writers' contracts have 13 week stipulations, as well, right?) And he'll bring in someone new or just give full reigns to Whitesell. At that point, it will be summer. And Corday will want to do the "summer viewers grab" push. And he'll have the perfect way to do that by spinning a big, creative change like that.
Edited by King, Feb 12 2009, 06:42 PM.

leah09
Member Avatar

phicklover
Feb 12 2009, 05:32 PM
some people love daniel and chloe and some people hate them, but they are being talked about left and right and thats what TPTB want.

nadia has a big fan base, with philip, with brady and now with daniel. i dont think she is going anywhere unless she wants to.
I couldn't agree more. Danloe is so polarizing...it's surreal. A doctor being physically attracted to a woman who was his patient, engaged to someone else, and now having mind-blowing sex really is striking a nerve (good and bad). I didn't think this would hit people so hard...one way or the other. After-all, this IS days and there have been a lot more terrible people than Dan...right??

For the record, I never gave Dan a second thought one way or the other when he was with Chlesea OR Kate..I didn't hate him...he was just THERE.

But now, I am totally wrapped up in him and this SL with Chloe.
They have made me WANT to watch Days again, not just FF to get to the Phloe parts (if there are any).

& thank you for the compliment on my first post, phicklover <3.
Edited by leah09, Feb 12 2009, 07:08 PM.

hops
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 12 2009, 03:01 PM
I just want to know why Shawn Christian and Nadia Bjorlin haven't been fired yet.

The defense for their ridiculous story was that it was building towards their exits, but so far it's looking like the two of them will be (sadly) sticking around.
Wondering the same thing myself.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Feb 12 2009, 04:40 PM
ladyofthelake
Feb 11 2009, 07:50 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
No really. Pretty unwise actually.
Why? What you've been contributing is more in line with sour grapes, and Sindacco was merely pointing that out. It's pretty obvious, even before Dee was fired, that's all you cared about. :shrug: So I will reinterate what I said. He made a wise observation.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Feb 12 2009, 05:01 PM
Sindacco
Feb 12 2009, 04:43 PM

Gee, cuz I'd tune in if J&M were still on the show. Bope and Maggie, Victor and Caroline don't interest me. Just like you wouldn't tune in for something you don't like, duh.
Then why belabor the fact and make potshots at everything else? Because you CAN???

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Now that my opinion about some things have been made, I'll get back on track. There are some really good speculations on this thread. Personally, I don't think Corday is even TRYING to pretend he cares. One wonders if he's burned out and is just turning it over to Tomlin, period, and just collecting the paychecks. Whether one likes Rachel or not, that comment about her was pretty snide, probably a hidden dig.
I'll still watch just to see how they do this. It's not TERRIBLE, but it's not wonderful.

Evan
Member Avatar

Oh dear, if the best DAYS has to offer is Daniel/Chloe, perhaps the two worst actors in the cast, god help them! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 12 2009, 07:23 PM
Jiggs
Feb 12 2009, 05:01 PM

Then why belabor the fact and make potshots at everything else? Because you CAN???
Excuse me? I posted about the show, and Sindacco felt the need to harass me about it, then kept hounding me about it, now you too. Why don't you put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts about the show? I mean you are the one always pointing out how you have better things to do than nitpick. I'm sure other posters have no interest in reading your personal attacks and would like to stay on topic.
Edited by Jiggs, Feb 12 2009, 08:38 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alright guys, please try to keep it respectful in here. This thread is headed in an ugly direction, with sarcastic remarks being made by numerous parties. I don't want to have to delete a bunch of posts and suspend people.

This is the only warning.

wkline
Member Avatar

Kenny, I love your Avatar!! :wave:

Kenny
Member Avatar

wkline
Feb 12 2009, 09:38 PM
Kenny, I love your Avatar!! :wave:
LoL, why thank you! It's been getting lots of love today.

Kyrai

cjknick
Feb 12 2009, 08:46 AM
Sindacco
Feb 12 2009, 07:47 AM
IIttu
Feb 12 2009, 07:32 AM
"Maggie has more story, Caroline has more story, Stefano and Victor have more story"

Oh really? They are beloved, and for a good reason, but does he really think that those seniors can replace the talents we still had in the show last year? No. The writing sucks, and Mickey and Shawn are already out of picture. Probably they won't give any real storyline for the seniors.
As far as acting goes, those four are all better than Drake.
I have to agree and I can't see how anyone can argue that point ...
I would certainly argue that point. Imo, you're comparing apples to oranges. Aside from Stefano, you are comparing background actors who have basically played the same character for years without really changing much and who for the most part had ample time to prepare for their scenes, read their lines, etc vs a leading character who last year was changed constantly.

I'll probably always love Drake best as Roman, but I still think early last year, he did an amazing job rebuilding John yet again. It's a shame that the writing was so all over and that with his firing at the end of the year, I think it took a toll on him. Overall, he was very good last year. What exactly did these other characters do that was so awesome? I still remember Maggie's rather boring green speech being one of the major things she was involved with before she did get some nice use with Nick's departure, but again, she was playing the character she's played for twenty years without much real change to the character over that time.

I loved JKJ and JS as Phillip and EJ over the years, but there were several times I felt they were lackluster last year as well. At one time, I was very fond of the character of Ej, but he was almost boring by the end of the year. I felt that even PR and KA struggled with their material quite a bit last year as well I blame the directionless and back and forth, non-sensical writing making it difficult for the 'main' characters to really know what direction they were going so they were limited, and it showed. Despite the wonkyness, I think Drake handled some pretty awful writing and day to day change of direction well up until the end of the year. He was interesting and fun to watch, and even now looking back, he had a lot of great scenes that he nailed beautifully.

Over the years, I've seen many times where actors' performances were off due to abysmal storylines. I like SR, PM, JM, and JA, and think they are wonderful actors that I've loved over the years, but I think it's somewhat unfair to compare people who are stable staple characters playing pretty much the same thing over and over with ample time to prepare and no wonkyness to deal with to someone who's evolved alot, dealing with writing that changed on a daily basis last year.

I do hope the few remaining vets get more airtime and better stories, and I'm hoping that the vets who have been let go will move on to better things. It's been wonderful not having to watch Days, but I do miss seeing my actors that I enjoyed over the years, particularly Drake, Deidre, Joe, Thaao, and Leann (I know she wasn't used much, but I've always loved her as Anna).

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Sariah
Feb 12 2009, 04:59 PM
jane1978
Feb 12 2009, 01:23 PM
phloeishot
Feb 12 2009, 11:52 AM

Donīt think thatīs true at all. The writing for Morgan and Phillip got suddenly much better the week or so when we saw the episodes written by Scott and his "writers." They finally acknowledged Morgan more than an afterthought and there was the potential conflict between her and Kate.

Next, Scott is fired, Higley gots the power and Morgan suddenly disappears for almost two weeks before she is finally written out. And Phillip seems to be in love with Chloe again.

And there is the Olympic fantasy again written by Higley, where Morgan didnīt appear at all and Phillip had scenes with Chloe which was really weird as Phillip/Morgan relationship just started heating up and it was weird the show didnīt use the story to promote their love more.

I was a fan of Phillip/Morgan, but even when they finally got together the writing was really awfull for them. Everything was so rushed and they never even attempted to turn Morgan into an important part of the canvas, she always stuck out. I think that would hardly happen if they were Higleyīs favorites.
Yep, I would totally agree with you. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the actress playing Morgan was Scott's "pet," and he forced Higley to put Philip and Morgan together. Because the second that Higley was free of Scott, the very first thing she did was to break up Phorgan, have Morgan sent off canvas permanently and take steps toward putting Phloe back together. When Higley took over from Hogan, she started writing sexual tension between Phloe and had them heating things up at the plane crash, which I don't think Hogan intended to do - it seems obvious from statements made that he planned on a very, very long quadrangle with Shelle and Phloe.

I can only assume then that Tomlin is the one who put a kibosh on Phloe this go round. The good Phloe we've gotten in the past I think has been due to Higley.
Wow...Okay, this is so off base. Tomlin was the one who got rid of KR. (there were rumors she might have been the blind item but I don't think that's why she was fired) JKJ even gave that interview in SOD saying that he wanted to try Phloe again.

Someone spoke up against it. My guess is that Dena complained to Corday that another producer was interferring with her "vision."

Hogan was the one who had set up Shelle and Phloe before he left DOOL.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Evan
Feb 12 2009, 08:23 PM
Oh dear, if the best DAYS has to offer is Daniel/Chloe, perhaps the two worst actors in the cast, god help them! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I feel I need to speak up for Nadia. For some reason she gets criticized a lot as an actress and I've seen actresses on DOOL and other soaps who are much worse than she is. I'm not saying she's the best actress in the world but I enjoy watching her. She has charisma and is interesting to watch.

Plus Nadia does have a big fan base. From 2000-2002 Phloe vs Broe was extremely popular and they were always on the magazine covers.
Edited by phloeishot, Feb 13 2009, 01:49 AM.

jane1978

phloeishot
Feb 13 2009, 01:28 AM
Sariah
Feb 12 2009, 04:59 PM
jane1978
Feb 12 2009, 01:23 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Yep, I would totally agree with you. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the actress playing Morgan was Scott's "pet," and he forced Higley to put Philip and Morgan together. Because the second that Higley was free of Scott, the very first thing she did was to break up Phorgan, have Morgan sent off canvas permanently and take steps toward putting Phloe back together. When Higley took over from Hogan, she started writing sexual tension between Phloe and had them heating things up at the plane crash, which I don't think Hogan intended to do - it seems obvious from statements made that he planned on a very, very long quadrangle with Shelle and Phloe.

I can only assume then that Tomlin is the one who put a kibosh on Phloe this go round. The good Phloe we've gotten in the past I think has been due to Higley.
Wow...Okay, this is so off base. Tomlin was the one who got rid of KR. (there were rumors she might have been the blind item but I don't think that's why she was fired) JKJ even gave that interview in SOD saying that he wanted to try Phloe again.

Someone spoke up against it. My guess is that Dena complained to Corday that another producer was interferring with her "vision."

Hogan was the one who had set up Shelle and Phloe before he left DOOL.
Wrong. When Morgan was fired, Tomlin had been already an EP, but he had no impact on the scripts yet. Thatīs why Whittesel was brought in. Tomlin did notice the chemistry between JKJ and Nadia but I think when the new creative team started to work together on the new longterm directions and knowing about the upcoming budget cuts, they decided there is more conflict with Phillip and Stephanie and Steph is more important character than Chloe with her Brady roots and as the only daughter of a popular supercouple.

I believe Nadia, Lucas and Kate would be all fired last fall if Tomlin didnīt decide to save the money by letting go Jarlena and other expensive players.
Edited by jane1978, Feb 13 2009, 03:24 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply