Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Lucas finds out!; Feb 24th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 11 2009, 01:23 PM (2,236 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW both feature interviews with Bryan R. Dattilo about the Lucas/Chloe/Daniel story.

Lucas is out with Allie at the park, and they run into Chloe. Lucas has a difficult time with this, because Allie and Chloe have a strong bond. Lucas and Chloe talk and admit they have feelings for each other, but there are still issues between them.

Chloe then sits and cries on a park bench, and Lucas and Allie leave. Lucas then goes to the Brady pub, where he has his first drink in years. Melanie sees him and mentions it in passing to Maggie. Maggie rushes to find Lucas.

Maggie catches Lucas at the Cheatin' Heart, after he'd been drinking at the pub. Lucas is devastated that Chloe ended their relationship, and he tells Maggie he doesn't know why Chloe would have done this. Maggie then tells him about Chloe and Daniel's affair. "He is floored, though he did have a little suspicion," Dattilo says.

Lucas is upset that Maggie didn't tell him this sooner, and he yells at Maggie. According to Dattilo, "The Emmy Award-winning Suzanne Rogers is great, and Maggie turns the tables on Lucas. She says she'll start drinking if he does." Lucas tells her not to, and he feels bad that someone else is endangering herself because of him.

Lucas wants to call Chloe and talk to her, but he is so drunk that he can't dial the right number. Maggie stops him, but then Lucas tells Maggie he doesn't need a phone, because he's going to talk to Chloe face-to-face. Lucas then fakes passing out, and when Maggie is outside pulling the car around, Lucas leaves to go looking for Daniel.

When Lucas gets to Daniel's apartment, Chloe and Daniel are inside. Lucas pounds on the door and says, "You slept with Chloe while my mom was in the hospital. How could you? If you're a man, face me."

However, Lucas doesn't realize it, but there is a gas leak right outside Daniel's door! "Something happens and he blows up," says Dattilo. Dattilo says that "rumor is" that Lucas's life hangs in the balance "and everyone gets to go visit him again." Dattilo jokes that he likes to play Lucas as injured because "you can actually sleep on camera and get paid."

On the question of whether Lucas can forgive Chloe, Dattilo says that it would be hard to forgive her, "but Lucas probably does because he probably feels bad he jumped off the wagon and wants to do the right thing and feel good about himself, so if he looks the other way, everyone will think he's this great guy. He's an idiot with a heart; that's what I am playing."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

OUT OF CHARACTER ALERT!

Maggie would never in a million years start drinking just because Lucas does. As if his sobriety really means that much to her.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 11 2009, 01:27 PM
OUT OF CHARACTER ALERT!

Maggie would never in a million years start drinking just because Lucas does. As if his sobriety really means that much to her.
I can't believe that's actually being written. What a fucking crock!

ginababe
BANNED

"he's an idiot with a heart" at least this idiot finally is clued into what is going on, can't say the same for EJ.

Ponz
Member Avatar

On the question of whether Lucas can forgive Chloe, Dattilo says that it would be hard to forgive her, "but Lucas probably does because he probably feels bad he jumped off the wagon and wants to do the right thing and feel good about himself, so if he looks the other way, everyone will think he's this great guy complete schmuck.

Fixed.

Thanks, Ellie.

Ellie

Ponz
Feb 11 2009, 01:37 PM
On the question of whether Lucas can forgive Chloe, Dattilo says that it would be hard to forgive her, "but Lucas probably does because he probably feels bad he jumped off the wagon and wants to do the right thing and feel good about himself, so if he looks the other way, everyone will think he's this great guy complete schmuck.

Fixed.

Thanks, Ellie.
LOL! You're welcome.

And Kenny, regarding the 'out of character' thing for Maggie... I actually don't have a problem with that, because it came off to me as though she were just using it as sort of a psychological ploy to get Lucas to stop drinking. If that's the case, I think it's a very intelligent and caring way for her to deal with it.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie, I thought the same thing. I thought it was to pull up Lucas up short and realize what he was doing, because he would never want Maggie to take a drink.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Stupid Lucas. Fucking Dena. *shakes head*

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ..

Dang it Lucas doesn't become a drunk again? .... come on Bryan deserves good material ...continuing to be a sap is not good material.

lene
Member Avatar

Oh no. More sad scenes coming for Lucas. Which sucks, because Bryan sucks at emotional acting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Just from reading that, I don't think Maggie would actually start drinking. She's just telling Lucas that if he can throw away years of sobriety, why couldn't she? Lucas holds much respect for Maggie and her ability to stay sober for 30+ years. And Maggie knows this. So she knows that if she tells Lucas this, he will realize that what he's doing is wrong.

But it could come off as something completely different on screen, so we'll see.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Feb 11 2009, 02:03 PM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 11 2009, 01:44 PM
And Kenny, regarding the 'out of character' thing for Maggie... I actually don't have a problem with that, because it came off to me as though she were just using it as sort of a psychological ploy to get Lucas to stop drinking. If that's the case, I think it's a very intelligent and caring way for her to deal with it.
That's how I read it too. :shrug:

Bradyclan

Mason
Feb 11 2009, 01:30 PM
Kenny
Feb 11 2009, 01:27 PM
OUT OF CHARACTER ALERT!

I can't believe that's actually being written. What a fucking crock!
When will the real Elvis Dimera stand up ??

I feel bad for Lucas. He's not my fave character but still, he always ends up with the short end of the stick

Alligato
Member Avatar

A gas leak outside Daniel's door? Who writes this shit?

And I really don't get what BD is talking about in his last paragraph. He forgives Chloe because it makes him look like a good guy since he started drinking?
Going back to a woman who led you to drink in the first place probably isn't the way to make you look like a good guy. Just a really dumb guy. She was sleeping with her doctor while engaged to you! Dumbass!

At least it is nice to hear he had suspicion.

cassie1013

Alligato
Feb 11 2009, 06:04 PM
A gas leak outside Daniel's door? Who writes this shit?
Who the fuck knows! Seriously, we come up with better story sitting around on here than these shits do - and they're being PAID to come up with story as their FULL TIME JOB.

That said, I know from family in the industry that the problem with writing is the network, execs etc. are constantly asking for things to be changed...but I don't even think that's an excuse for DAYS. Does anyone really think Jeff Zucker is sitting there telling Higgs he wants Hope to bang someone else? :laugh:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

cjknick
Feb 11 2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks Ellie ..

Dang it Lucas doesn't become a drunk again? .... come on Bryan deserves good material ...continuing to be a sap is not good material.
I have actually wanted tptb to do a story where Lucas hits the bottle again.....not necessarily THIS one.........but it might turn out okay................I'll play the wait and see game!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

mbdimera
Feb 11 2009, 02:06 PM
Ellie
Feb 11 2009, 01:44 PM
That's how I read it too. :shrug:

Same here.

I do agree with Drew. It could play out entirely different onscreen but I doubt it. Suzanne knows her character so even if the scene were written in such a way, she would make it work somehow to fit her character.

This sounds very good though. Good story movement that should lead to a good Friday cliffhanger to build into sweeps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply