Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of February 23rd; *UPDATED 2/16*
Topic Started: Feb 11 2009, 04:07 PM (11,871 Views)
fenderbabe
Member Avatar

leah09
Feb 14 2009, 02:17 PM
Although I agree with you, fenderbabe...this is DOOL. If it were Y&R, your points would be proven without a doubt. The writers don't care about Kate's character, or that she should really want what's best for Lucas (and a lying, cheating Chloe certainly is NOT). They will spin it so that Kate thinks she is saving Lucas by NOT telling him and she will also be keeping an eye on Chloe and Daniel. They will play this for all it's worth, and if they can drag it out even longer, they will...you have to know that.
Is it ridiculous? Of course but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Even so, I would be thrilled if your theory is the correct one.
That's what I mean though- if that DID happen, and Kate let it go, it'd be out-of-character and would only further service the plot. I mean if Kate finding out that her son is being cheated on doesn't end this horribly written affair, what will? What does it take? The show getting cancelled? It's just annoying because this SHOULD be the end of this storyline, not just another way to carry it on and on and on to a point where people are bored and don't care anymore. That is, if they ever even cared in the first place.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Feb 14 2009, 02:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 14 2009, 01:13 PM
First off, it's obvious they did not intend to make this a long-term story. They changed it so that is probably why they had to backtrack and change some things around in the first place. Secondly, for me, it makes it even more dramatic now that Chloe is likely going to marry Lucas. She's going to string him along and act like Daniel never happened since he can't remember and we all know she will likely continue to affair despite trying to get past it.
These are valid points but they could have easily been accomplished without wasting the big reveal. Lucas was spiralling out of control before Maggie exposed the affair.

Quote:

I can see Kate letting it go since they are married and since she knows Lucas will spin out of control if the truth comes out so, when the truth does come out, we will have Kate and Maggie having lied to protect Lucas (and before someone says that is out of character, it's not IMO because of the circumstances). Lucas will feel betrayed by so many people and that could really take him in some new and shocking directions when the truth comes out.

Lucas has already given up years of sobriety and nearly got himself killed. Barring him becoming a homicidal/suicidal maniac, I don't see how the second reveal won't play out as a huge anti-climax.
Your right, they could've been but, again, they didn't plan on making this a long-term story. That much was obvious, at least to me, so that is why I said you can't take it as a normal affair story because it wasn't planned to be that way. Even still, I feel it's somehow come out ok and that it will still be a good, classic soap story.

I actually feel this prevents the big reveal from being anti-climactic because they've upped the stakes. Now, Lucas will really feel used and abused and this could send him into a real tailspin that could send him in a new and shocking direction. By that I mean maybe he goes through a dark stage and turns his back on everyone. Maybe he will get involved with someone new. There is alot of potential there and it's not just Lucas but characters like Kate, Daniel, Maggie, and Chloe will be drastically affected. It's a classic soap story and this latest twist will make the payoff worth it in my eyes. I'm just glad the show is actually taking it's time and building stories because that is what they are doing here. I actually think it's shocking that they've managed to turn the story into what they have turned it into when you consider how it never seemed to be in the long-term plans.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

fenderbabe
Feb 14 2009, 02:04 PM
PhoenixRising05
(and before someone says that is out of character, it's not IMO because of the circumstances).
What? That would be insanely out of character for Kate. How do the circumstances change something like that? Kate has never ever wanted Lucas with a woman who betrayed him, or hurt him in any way. Kate never "let things go" with Sami for Lucas, so why would she do it for Chloe? Kate has only recently warmed up to Chloe, because there is a bad history there because of Philip. Kate doesn't like Chloe, and the only reason she is okay with her and Lucas is because she THOUGHT that Chloe was making him happy. Obviously, if Chloe is cheating on Lucas and lying to him about it, that throws everything Kate approves of totally out the window. How is that even close to the kind of happiness that Kate has always wanted for Lucas? As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than if Kate decided she wanted to be with Daniel post-Danloe because he "makes her happy". It's just ridiculously out of character; it goes against everything that Kate Roberts is. Why would she bother to rush and stop the wedding only to get there to late and be like "Ah, oh well. They're married now." Sorry for the strong reaction, but it makes no sense to me or to her character.
No, it''s not.

Did you forget 2004-2005? When Kate knew about Shawn and Belle planning to be together behind Philip's back and said nothing? She even stood back as Philip married her. What about a year later when she learned Claire was Shawn's and not Philip's? She said nothing for over a year. Hell, she never planned to tell him and even got Victor to keep his mouth shut. She knew he loved Belle and she didn't want to see him crushed. She actually has more of a case to keep secrets from Lucas now then she did back then with Philip.

Lucas has a history of woman going behind his back and cheating on him. He has a history of drinking problems. He just fell off the wagon because Chloe broke up with him. She knows it will be even worse if he actually learns what Chloe and Daniel are up to. I think if not for his falling off the wagon and the explosion, she would tell him but considering Kate learns about Chloe and Daniel after all that, it's not out of character or surprising for her to keep it a secret.

The way it seems to be playing out is Kate sees them kissing and doesn't say anything because Lucas is not in stable condition. By the time he is, he takes off with Chloe to get married and it's pretty much a given she won't stop it. So, once he is married, she won't say anything, just like she watched as Philip married Belle. She knows Lucas loves her and that he would fall completely apart if he knew the truth, especially now being married to her. He's been hurt so many times before her reasoning for keeping the truth from him is actually better reasoning then she had when she lied to Philip so many times.

The other thing to is that Kate probably feels she can control Daniel and get him to back off. The other factor in all this is Sami. Chloe is the lesser of two evils. Sami is back in town and the last thing Kate wants is for Lucas to spiral out of control and end up right back with Sami.

There is alot of valid reasoning and it's far from out of character from her. She's done stuff like this before and now she actually has alot of good reasons to do it again.

leah09
Member Avatar

Maybe they are setting up Daniel's murder? (please NO)
Maybe Chloe will end up pregnant? (double please NO)

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 14 2009, 03:20 PM
fenderbabe
Feb 14 2009, 02:04 PM
PhoenixRising05
(and before someone says that is out of character, it's not IMO because of the circumstances).
What? That would be insanely out of character for Kate. How do the circumstances change something like that? Kate has never ever wanted Lucas with a woman who betrayed him, or hurt him in any way. Kate never "let things go" with Sami for Lucas, so why would she do it for Chloe? Kate has only recently warmed up to Chloe, because there is a bad history there because of Philip. Kate doesn't like Chloe, and the only reason she is okay with her and Lucas is because she THOUGHT that Chloe was making him happy. Obviously, if Chloe is cheating on Lucas and lying to him about it, that throws everything Kate approves of totally out the window. How is that even close to the kind of happiness that Kate has always wanted for Lucas? As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than if Kate decided she wanted to be with Daniel post-Danloe because he "makes her happy". It's just ridiculously out of character; it goes against everything that Kate Roberts is. Why would she bother to rush and stop the wedding only to get there to late and be like "Ah, oh well. They're married now." Sorry for the strong reaction, but it makes no sense to me or to her character.
No, it''s not.

Did you forget 2004-2005? When Kate knew about Shawn and Belle planning to be together behind Philip's back and said nothing? She even stood back as Philip married her. What about a year later when she learned Claire was Shawn's and not Philip's? She said nothing for over a year. Hell, she never planned to tell him and even got Victor to keep his mouth shut. She knew he loved Belle and she didn't want to see him crushed. She actually has more of a case to keep secrets from Lucas now then she did back then with Philip.

Lucas has a history of woman going behind his back and cheating on him. He has a history of drinking problems. He just fell off the wagon because Chloe broke up with him. She knows it will be even worse if he actually learns what Chloe and Daniel are up to. I think if not for his falling off the wagon and the explosion, she would tell him but considering Kate learns about Chloe and Daniel after all that, it's not out of character or surprising for her to keep it a secret.

The way it seems to be playing out is Kate sees them kissing and doesn't say anything because Lucas is not in stable condition. By the time he is, he takes off with Chloe to get married and it's pretty much a given she won't stop it. So, once he is married, she won't say anything, just like she watched as Philip married Belle. She knows Lucas loves her and that he would fall completely apart if he knew the truth, especially now being married to her. He's been hurt so many times before her reasoning for keeping the truth from him is actually better reasoning then she had when she lied to Philip so many times.

The other thing to is that Kate probably feels she can control Daniel and get him to back off. The other factor in all this is Sami. Chloe is the lesser of two evils. Sami is back in town and the last thing Kate wants is for Lucas to spiral out of control and end up right back with Sami.

There is alot of valid reasoning and it's far from out of character from her. She's done stuff like this before and now she actually has alot of good reasons to do it again.
Kate did do that to Philip, but you can't compare Kate's relationship with Philip to her's with Lucas. Kate has always been obsessed with Lucas, and finding him the perfect woman. If you want to drift back to '05, think about when Kate put Sami in bed with Brandon. She knew she was hurting Lucas, but she did it to save him a lifetime of hurt with Sami. It's almost the same exact thing here. Were Lucas and Sami happy then? Yes, they were extremely happy and Sami hadn't done anything to deserve her wedding blowing up in her face (unlike Chloe now). Kate did it anyway, because in her mind she was protecting Lucas. If Kate stands by and let's Lucas go on thinking that Chloe is the perfect woman, then she's deadtome. I'm sorry, but that's not something she would do to her precious Lucas under ANY circumstance. Kate is a meddling mother. She always has been, and as much as people get sick of it, she always will be. Times like these where her children are clueless, it comes in handy for some added suspense, but what happens to that suspense if Kate simply "lets it go"? People were all over this storyline saying "I can't wait until Kate finds out!!" Why? Because we knew that Kate would snap at Chloe and Danie. Well, now Kate knows, and nothing will become of it? You have to be kidding me. Like I said, what will it take to end this storyline? What is the climax? Lucas finding out that Kate and Maggie knew, and then blaming them for what Chloe did? It makes no sense to me why the storyline would CONTINUE and drag on for that specific reason, because that's exactly what would happen. Lucas would turn on Kate and Maggie for not telling him, because uinlike Chloe, they are his family. Kate is all about protecting her family, and there's no way she'd let him stay married to a woman who is continually lying to him. She didn't let Sami do it, and she's not going to let Chloe. Explosion, no explosion, high blood pressure, no high blood pressure, it would be OOC for Kate to settle for Lucas being with a woman who is secretly cheating on him. By Lucas and Chloe getting married, what does that change in this storyline? It just makes Danloe's affair morally wrong in the eyes of the church, nothing more. It's not going to make this storyline any more risque. It's like when TPTB use a WTD storyline to reveal a one-night-stand. Okay, the ONS is out, but now we're stuck with a baby bacause of it. It's bad story-telling, and not the way they should do things.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daily spoilers

Monday,February 23rd
Philip realizes that Brady and Nicole are keeping something from E.J.; E.J. breaks up a fight between Melanie and Stephanie; Stephanie ends things with Philip; after the explosion, Chloe finds Lucas not breathing.

Tuesday, February 24th
Chloe tells Daniel that she can never be with him again; Philip threatens to expose Nicole's secret; Hope and Bo remain at an impasse.

Wednesday, February 25th
Nicole runs into Sami; Philip and Kate share a tender moment; Philip asks Stephanie for another chance; Chloe and Daniel share a farewell kiss.

Thursday, February 26th
Sami becomes emotional when she meet Sydney; Nicole threatens to leave E.J.; Kate tells Chloe they need to talk; Daniel is profoundly affected by his breakup with Chloe; Victor and Philip have a heart to heart.

Friday, February 27th
Sami goes to the hospital to visit Lucas; Victor gives Philip advice about Stephanie; Kate wants to gets revenge; E.J. destroys the formula; Hope tells Bo she misses him and wants to come home.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

OMG! Finally! Kate's back...with a vengeance!!!

leah09
Member Avatar

Can't wait!! Thanks for posting.

peaches179

fenderbabe
Feb 14 2009, 04:55 PM
OMG! Finally! Kate's back...with a vengeance!!!

Maybe something interesting can FINALLY happen on this show.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

aimees76
Member Avatar

Nicole running into Sami, Sami visiting Lucas in the hospital, and Kate wanting revenge are the best sounding things I have read in awhile!

Kenny
Member Avatar

jane1978
Feb 14 2009, 07:44 AM
The credits are full of people who were there during 90īs, they know perfectly well how to tell those stories, they know whatīs expected from them and thatīs why they deliver.
They don't deliver for me, LoL.

When I see these JER-esque twists, they don't impress me. They're more like a really bad imitation than anything that's actually worth watching. JMO.

phicklover

i still cannot understand why they would pair chloe and lucas in the first place. who cares about them being together, who even believes that they love eachother. they are like taking people off the street and saying make believe you love eachother. it just doesnt fit. and its not because i like her with philip or brady..because now i love her with daniel...but there hasnt been a day that has gone by where i didnt ask myself..what are they doing putting her with lucas...they look ridiculous together, dialogue of him saying he never loved anyone more is complete bs..i dont even know how he keeps a straight face saying that line...and the romance/sexual chemistry is non existant.

what is this show doing having them get married, its definitely one of the worst pairings in soap history.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks Angie.

Sounds like a great week to build into sweeps.

I just knew the "old" Kate would appear once she learned the truth.

I also love how involved Victor is and Philip forcing Nicole into getting EJ to give up the project should be good since it intersects stories a bit.

Alligato
Member Avatar

These actually sound awesome?
I wonder why EJ destroys the blueprints? Is he done with Melanie? Finally?

Hope wants to come home? Is that it of this horribly stupid story?

Love that Sami is back. Love that Kate wants revenge. Love that Steph breaks up with Phillip. Kiss it, Steph, you self righteous bi-atch!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

E.J. destroys the formula

Yay does this mean that the stupid fuels project story is over?!

And Kate vs. Chloe should be fun. The whole Lucas explosion thing still is pretty lame but hopefully the story going forward can make up for it somewhat.

ginababe
BANNED

IMissAremid
Feb 14 2009, 11:30 PM
Quote:

E.J. destroys the formula

Yay does this mean that the stupid fuels project story is over?!

And Kate vs. Chloe should be fun. The whole Lucas explosion thing still is pretty lame but hopefully the story going forward can make up for it somewhat.
Just one more reason for him to hate Nicole!! :D

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Kate wants revenge....AGAIN. :sleep:
Edited by KristianFanForever, Feb 15 2009, 10:34 AM.

daytimefan32

I think that Sami will know that the baby is hers, a mother always can tell her own child even from birth,that's why she has such a strong reation to seeing Sydney.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

phicklover
Feb 14 2009, 06:43 PM
i still cannot understand why they would pair chloe and lucas in the first place. who cares about them being together, who even believes that they love eachother. they are like taking people off the street and saying make believe you love eachother. it just doesnt fit. and its not because i like her with philip or brady..because now i love her with daniel...but there hasnt been a day that has gone by where i didnt ask myself..what are they doing putting her with lucas...they look ridiculous together, dialogue of him saying he never loved anyone more is complete bs..i dont even know how he keeps a straight face saying that line...and the romance/sexual chemistry is non existant.
I agree completely, except that I'm not a Danloe fan (I have no strong feelings about them at all). I would have liked them to revisit Phloe at one time, but not after this mess, not after Chloe's been going around telling Lucas and Daniel that she loves them--that pairing's over for me. It's been utterly mystifying to me that the audience is expected to believe Lucas has never loved anyone as much as he did Chloe and he thinks she's perfect and sweet and angelic and all of that. Nadia has never, not once, not for one second, convinced me that Chloe feels any romantic or sexual attraction to Lucas whatsoever. Triangles need to have the person in the middle convincingly torn, and honestly, I can't see why Chloe wouldn't just leave Lucas for Daniel. No reason she gives makes any sense.

As for the spoilers, nothing too revolutionary, though I don't get why EJ destroys the formula. Hopefully this will make more sense when it airs, though I have my doubts. Kate getting revenge ought to be fun. Hopefully she'll look to wreak havoc on both Chloe and Daniel.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply