Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blog entry about a Days audition - Which character is it?
Topic Started: Feb 12 2009, 09:48 PM (3,724 Views)
Ellie

Apparently this girl auditioned for Days... wonder which part??

UPDATE: We have learned that the character in question is Philip...

http://getdrea.blogspot.com/2009/02/days-of-our-lives-audition.html

Thursday, February 12, 2009
Days of Our Lives Audition

Another interesting experience in LA. I have never auditioned for a soap, ever.. soo this was really amazing for me. And I got to meet Marnie Saitta, the Days of Our Lives CD, who had the most soothing voice ever (turns out she is a VO artist). After receiving the sides Monday afternoon, I was asked to work on set all night on a Nissan Commercial ( I did some commercial background and met some awesome people).... soo I spent all night rehearsing and memorizing the lines. The sides read as if I was playing the GF of one of the other characters... It was a good and meaty 3 page side... I get to the audition at 10:30 AM (after being on set till 5AM, slept for about 3 hours), walk into the audition room, and it turns out that this character was not the GF... she was the sister. mmm... a little bit different but I made it work "on the fly." After reading, Marnie thanked me and said "Drea, thank you so much for being so prepared." And I went on my merry way to my bed to catch up on some missed sleep.

I think the audition went really well... but I go home, look up the character I was supposed to be the half sister of... and he is WHITE, BLONDE, BLUE EYED... hahaha! I mean, it was fine... I was happy to show my body of work, but I highly doubt that I am right for the part. I am asian and so filipino! But anyhow.. still a cool experience and I am getting better and better about "not taking auditions so seriously." I mean, can you blame me.. I had an appointment with my bed (it was calling me to slumber), after a long night.
Posted by Drea at 3:43 PM
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Hmmmmm......did she audition for the role of Belle?

Ellie

Nubia
Feb 12 2009, 09:51 PM
That's what came to mind for me too - wow, wonder if they're recasting Belle! :OhMy:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hmm...

The only guy on the show that matched the description of young, blonde and blue-eyed would be Will but that wouldn't work unless she was a Allie recast LOL.

Nubia, you may be on to something. Maybe she looked at a picture of Brady from when Kyle Lowder played him. he was blonde, young, and blue-eyed. Belle is his half-sister. That seems to fit.

It's funny how she auditioned for this. I mean, considering she is Asian, why would see audition? Did the show not provide a good enough description of the role? Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't considering how out of sorts Days can be.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Feb 12 2009, 09:54 PM
Nubia
Feb 12 2009, 09:51 PM
That's what came to mind for me too - wow, wonder if they're recasting Belle! :OhMy:
I wouldn't be surprised.

It's been a year and I don't think they want Martha back. I think after Storms and Cook were no longer an option, they accepted the fact that they will have to recast both Shawn and Belle if they ever brought them back.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I think I read somewhere that they were bringing Jennifer back. It was because they wanted more Hortons or something of the sort. I don't know?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Hmm, who are the blonde haired/blue eyed guys on Days?

Jay Johnson

Eric Martsolf

I think that's it. Does Phillip have a half-sister? What about Cassie? Honestly, I don't even remember who her parents are, LoL. So convoluted. Then there's Brady, who does have a half-sister (Belle), but I'll be furious if they're recasting the part after unceremoniously firing Martha Madison.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

She didn't say "young," blond and blue-eyed, she said white. That could refer I suppose to JKJ, though he's not currently blond, but this girl looks too young to be Billie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I've heard rumors (nothing concrete) that they want to bring on some Horton's. I figured they would want Shawn and Belle back since Shawn is Alice's grandson. I'm shocked they haven't brought Shelle back by now, actually.

if they are bringing back the Horton's. I hate the fact they got rid of Nick when he was a Horton.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 12 2009, 09:56 PM
Nubia, you may be on to something. Maybe she looked at a picture of Brady from when Kyle Lowder played him. he was blonde, young, and blue-eyed. Belle is his half-sister. That seems to fit.
Isn't Eric Martsolf blonde, too? It's dirty blonde, but I think it's still blonde.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Feb 12 2009, 10:01 PM
She didn't say "young," blond and blue-eyed, she said white. That could refer I suppose to JKJ, though he's not currently blond, but this girl looks too young to be Billie.
Where the hell did I get "young" from? :laugh:

I don't think Jay is blonde though. At least I've never thought of him as that way.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 12 2009, 10:02 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 12 2009, 09:56 PM
Isn't Eric Martsolf blonde, too? It's dirty blonde, but I think it's still blonde.
No. His hair is dark, at least to my eyes LOL.

I'm thinking she may have looked up a picture of Kyle Lowder as Brady.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 12 2009, 10:05 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 12 2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, but if you Google the name Phillip Kiriakis, it doesn't only bring up current pictures of the actor, LoL. Plus, we have to keep in mind that she could've pulled up a photo of a recast -- like Kyle Brandt or something. Who knows.

The guy might might not even have blue eyes. Many people refer to the all-american boy as "blonde haired and blue eyed," as sort of a generic description even if it's not altogether accurate.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Well, Rex and Cassie were Phillip's siblings because they were the children of Kate and Roman, via Marlena's womb. :(
IDK who else it could be ..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would love it if it was Cassie but this show never mentions her or Rex so I doubt it.

I'm betting it's Belle. I can't think of anyone else it could be.

I have to admit that when I first saw this thread I thought for sure it was about Abby given the news of Melvin leaving and Corday saying they were bringing in a love interest for Max.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 12 2009, 10:09 PM.

Ellie

I don't know... the only thing is that with all the convoluted relationships on the show, Brady and Belle are really the only ones consistenly referred to as half-siblings. Though since this girl doesn't seem to be familiar with Days, that might not matter.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Well, it looks like this is either Cassie Brady (half-sister to Phillip), Billie Reed (half-sister to Phillip) or Belle (half-sister to Brady).

LoL, maybe they're bringing Billie back to have Bo hop into bed with her again. Maybe that's what his inaccurate vision is all about re: Hope in bed with another man. :P

aimees76
Member Avatar

I would much rather it be Abby. I cannot take another Belle recast. :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

aimees76
Feb 12 2009, 10:07 PM
Well, Rex and Cassie were Phillip's siblings because they were the children of Kate and Roman, via Marlena's womb. :(
Sweet God in Heaven, only on Days...

Daytime
Member Avatar

Jennifer is Lucas half sister. I think bringing Jennifer back is just my wishful thinking.

I miss Jack and Jen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply