Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stats report: Ari Zucker rising up 5-month list
Topic Started: Feb 12 2009, 11:29 PM (3,915 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Arianne Zucker (Nicole) has appeared in 83 episodes since October 1. She has appeared in every episode since December 24 (except for January 9). If she appears in the final 10 episodes of February this year, she will have appeared in 93 episodes over a five-month time frame, joining just five other actors (Kristian Alfonso, Christie Clark, Eileen Davidson, Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn) who have accomplished the feat since 1983. The complete list is below. http://www.jason47.com

90+ EPISODES IN A FIVE-MONTH TIMEFRAME (since 1983):

100 episodes
Kristian Alfonso (8/99-12/99)

99 episodes
Eileen Davidson (1/97-5/97)

97 episodes
Eileen Davidson (12/96-4/97 & 2/97-6/97)
Deidre Hall (1/04-5/04)

95 episodes
Kristian Alfonso (9/99-1/00)
Eileen Davidson (11/96-3/97)
Deidre Hall (12/03-4/04)

94 episodes
Kristian Alfonso (7/99-11/99)
Christie Clark (5/97-9/97)
Eileen Davidson (12/97-4/98)
Drake Hogestyn (12/03-4/04 & 1/04-5/04)

93 episodes
Christie Clark (6/97-10/97 & 4/99-8/99)
Eileen Davidson (3/97-7/97)

92 episodes
Jason Cook (12/03-4/04)
Alison Sweeney (5/99-9/99)

91 episodes
Kristian Alfonso (4/99-8/99 & 6/99-10/99)
Crystal Chappell (10/92-2/93)
Christie Clark (4/97-7/97)
Eileen Davidson (11/97-3/98)
Drake Hogestyn (12/96-4/97)
Austin Peck (5/97-9/97 & 12/98-4/99)

90 episodes
Kristian Alfonso (10/99-2/00 & 11/99-3/00)
Jason Cook (3/05-7/05)
Deidre Hall (1/97-5/97)
Alison Sweeney (4/97-8/97 & 5/98-9/98)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

Just another example of how over exposed she has become.. Too much exposure can be bad for an actor, people see too much of you and they get sick of you.. It's already happened for many w/ this character. I think Ari is very talented but like everyone else, she has become over exposed.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

You know, I don't mind it only because she's a good actress and she isn't just there for the sake of being there. There is a reason or purpose for her being on as much as she is. I mean, Deidre Hall did was on every day in the first two months of 2009 last year. Just look at these numbers and Days has always kind of done this and rode an actress for awhile. It's pretty sad how other soaps are worse on balance then Days. Maybe that won't be the case anymore but many characters on the ABC soaps are horribly overexposed.

Judging from spoilers for next week, she is not listed for two episodes next week so there is some relief. I think we will see her get a break eventually. Even James Scott got a mini-break last month. Ari will get a break sooner or later.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I don't mind it so much either...especially since all of the other stories totally suck. At least she is keeping me entertained.

Bring it, Ari! Take it while you got it! You never know when you will get the call.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ginababe
Feb 12 2009, 11:45 PM
Just another example of how over exposed she has become.. Too much exposure can be bad for an actor, people see too much of you and they get sick of you.. It's already happened for many w/ this character. I think Ari is very talented but like everyone else, she has become over exposed.
I'm not one of those "everyone else" you grouped in your statement. You may have gotten tired of her but I surely havent.
This SL has really picked up steam and its about to go into high gear w/Safe coming out from WP. She has really added so much to an over-used SL. I really thought I was going to hate this SL, but it keeps surprising me....I give a lot of that credit to AZ!

Thanks for the info Jason47!

Liz
Edited by Liz<3Days, Feb 12 2009, 11:57 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

It doesn't bother me because Nicole is one of the few bright spots on the show right now for me. It's just like how Eileen Davidson dominated the screen in 1997. I didn't mind then because I loved the character(s) and the story, and I was always entertained. It's the same way with Nicole (although I'm not so big on her story).

ginababe
BANNED

Liz<3Days
Feb 12 2009, 11:55 PM
ginababe
I'm not one of those "everyone else" you grouped in your statement. You may have gotten tired of her but I surely havent.
This SL has really picked up steam and its about to go into high gear w/Safe coming out from WP. She has really added so much to an over-used SL. I really thought I was going to hate this SL, but it keeps surprising me....I give a lot of that credit to AZ!

Liz
I didn't say "everyone else" I said for "many" and let's not get into an argument over something as frivolous as semantics please. "everyone else" was in regards to all the other actors.
Edited by ginababe, Feb 13 2009, 12:09 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ginababe
Feb 13 2009, 12:08 AM
Liz<3Days
Feb 12 2009, 11:55 PM
ginababe

Liz
I didn't say "everyone else" I said for "many" and let's not get into an argument over something as frivolous as semantics please. "everyone else" was in regards to all the other actors.
I'm not arguing. I thought you meant what I posted, if this is inaccurate, then I apologize.
Liz

ginababe
BANNED

No it's not what I meant, you need to go back and re-read it, it's cleat that is not what I meant.

Mindy
Member Avatar

I'm just glad she finally got to shed that fake belly. Even though Ari brought it in every scene, it was always the big elephant in the room. Now we can just enjoy Nicole being her entertaining self. I don't feel Ari is overexposed at all because her talent clearly makes up for the crappy storyline.

SaveDaysNow

ginababe
You know, I think the overexposed actress is Ali Sweeney. The whole witness protection storyline was completely unnecessary, and yet we were subjected to her non-acting ability day in and day out. How much whining, ugly crying, and hystrionics can one take from a character??? At least Ari Zucker was interesting to watch and made some really stupid storyline twists compelling. I hated the Nicole character the entire time she was on the show the first time around, and since Ari's return last April, she's made Nicole so much fun to watch. If anyone is overexposed and needs to give us viewers a rest it's AS --- oh, and MB too -- she's not only overkill but she's an even worse actress than Ali.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SaveDaysNow
Feb 13 2009, 02:20 AM
ginababe
You know, I think the overexposed actress is Ali Sweeney. The whole witness protection storyline was completely unnecessary, and yet we were subjected to her non-acting ability day in and day out. How much whining, ugly crying, and hystrionics can one take from a character??? At least Ari Zucker was interesting to watch and made some really stupid storyline twists compelling. I hated the Nicole character the entire time she was on the show the first time around, and since Ari's return last April, she's made Nicole so much fun to watch. If anyone is overexposed and needs to give us viewers a rest it's AS --- oh, and MB too -- she's not only overkill but she's an even worse actress than Ali.
I have to agree with this. For someone who works two jobs and was supposedly on a maternity leave, she certainly had her share of airtime. And really, I'm honestly noting that, when Sami had all that exposure for the past couple of years, including the time, what was it, 2007-2008, there were people complaining about that, but it seems to me, MORE people, including folks who were pretty ardent Sami fans at one time. I honestly think the reasoning is several fold. Even though Nicole's personality seems to be changing, Ari is adjusting to the change. Sami was pretty much relegated to glitter, crying status with little change. I don't think the acting is on the same level. I'm sure some will claim I'm bashing Allison, and well, you know, I call it as a I see it. Allison just can't be as multi-dimensional as Ari is currently. Ari used to be a so-so actress. She took pains to improve herself, and it shows. Yeah, she's on a hell of a lot. The difference is, I think to a lot of us, it doesn't SEEM like she's on a lot because it's not painful. For whatever reason, for some, it is painful. That's fine. They're entitled to their opinion.
That being said, I'm not crazy about the path they're leading Nicole down. But, I can see both Nicole AND Sami doing these actions. Again, it seems to me that Sami is the new Marlena/Belle, and Nicole is the new Sami, maybe along with Melanie. Whether it's right or not, Tomlin's gonna do what Tomlin's gonna do. And as long as the ratings reflect improvement, what we say won't mean squat.
Not that I'm complainin'. I happen to enjoy Ari immensely.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ginababe
Feb 13 2009, 12:17 AM
No it's not what I meant, you need to go back and re-read it, it's cleat that is not what I meant.
Oh, good grief. :huh:

ges
Member Avatar

I don't think her acting abilities are any better or worse than anybody else's on the show. Being Dena Higley's pet, she gets the most nuanced lines to read. Higley is writing Sammi in such a way as to make her look bad. However, now her lines are becoming repetitive. It is the diologue for the actors that is awful. It is a tribute to their professionalism that they can say it with a straight face. Bo and Hope come to mind here.

Alligato
Member Avatar

If you like the character, I don't think it will ever bother you how much she isn on. I remember the "summer of Sami" and even though all she did was cry and whine and flip flop, I liked her story so I didn't mind she was on everyday.

However, as far as over exposure, AS is EVERYWHERE. Even the little DOOL commercials at the end of the episode. I see her on DOOL, the tv spots, on BL, on BL commercials, her NBC I-forgot-I'm-on-Days blogs, in People magazine's baby section, etc...it's exhausting. And I haven't felt she is doing really good work on any of her shows.

As far as AZ, I see her in about 5 segments during my hour show and she is usually rocking her scenes, no matter how silly they are. She can play subtly very well...unlike MB.
So I say, keep it up, Nicole!

oldschoolfan

Wow, so it wasn't just my imagination that she is on all of the time. No wonder they don't have room for other storylines....

leelee
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 13 2009, 06:21 AM
SaveDaysNow
Feb 13 2009, 02:20 AM
ginababe
I have to agree with this. For someone who works two jobs and was supposedly on a maternity leave, she certainly had her share of airtime. And really, I'm honestly noting that, when Sami had all that exposure for the past couple of years, including the time, what was it, 2007-2008, there were people complaining about that, but it seems to me, MORE people, including folks who were pretty ardent Sami fans at one time. I honestly think the reasoning is several fold. Even though Nicole's personality seems to be changing, Ari is adjusting to the change. Sami was pretty much relegated to glitter, crying status with little change. I don't think the acting is on the same level. I'm sure some will claim I'm bashing Allison, and well, you know, I call it as a I see it. Allison just can't be as multi-dimensional as Ari is currently. Ari used to be a so-so actress. She took pains to improve herself, and it shows. Yeah, she's on a hell of a lot. The difference is, I think to a lot of us, it doesn't SEEM like she's on a lot because it's not painful. For whatever reason, for some, it is painful. That's fine. They're entitled to their opinion.
That being said, I'm not crazy about the path they're leading Nicole down. But, I can see both Nicole AND Sami doing these actions. Again, it seems to me that Sami is the new Marlena/Belle, and Nicole is the new Sami, maybe along with Melanie. Whether it's right or not, Tomlin's gonna do what Tomlin's gonna do. And as long as the ratings reflect improvement, what we say won't mean squat.
Not that I'm complainin'. I happen to enjoy Ari immensely.
:hail: ICAM. I've always thought Ali was overrated anyway.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Good for AZ! I'm sure she's living life and loving it.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I don't think anyone should be on everyday but I can accept it more when it's a good actress like Eileen Davidson in 1997, Kristian Alfonso in 1999 and Arianne now. But it's torture when it's a bad actress like Kirsten Storms in 2001 or Alison Sweeney in 2007-2008.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I love Ari but I could have used a break earlier in her story when the baby brokering/my-life-will-suck sobbing was on ad nauseum. Now that the story is finally moving it's OK!
I think Days should refrain from storylines with excessive crying for awhile. THAT is what I really need a break from!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply