Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stats report: Ari Zucker rising up 5-month list
Topic Started: Feb 12 2009, 11:29 PM (3,932 Views)
SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Feb 13 2009, 09:15 AM
I love Ari but I could have used a break earlier in her story when the baby brokering/my-life-will-suck sobbing was on ad nauseum. Now that the story is finally moving it's OK!
I think Days should refrain from storylines with excessive crying for awhile. THAT is what I really need a break from!
True, Nicole was starting to remind me of Teresa Lopez-Fitzgerald and that wasn't a good thing. If she said Fate or Forever I think I would have thrown something at the t.v.

I'm pretty much over the crying jags. I;d rather have more plotting and scheming and bitchslapping over tears.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Feb 13 2009, 09:18 AM
I'm pretty much over the crying jags. I;d rather have more plotting and scheming and bitchslapping over tears.
Amen!
Nicole vs Victor yesterday was great.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I don't mind it ....

What I do mind is the hypocrisy of it all! Last year it was all about the overexposure of AS and JS. Many posters who will complaining about that are all ok with this.

Edited by cjknick, Feb 13 2009, 09:56 AM.

ilovemydays

Hypocrisy? Hardly. I think enough posters had explained that the reason they don't mind Ari on so much is because she's such a fine actress. Compound that by the fact that Alison has been over-exposed for YEARS not months and you can see why people complained about Alison being on too much:
In 2005 AS ranked 4th.
For 2006 she ranked 3rd.
In 2007 AS ranked 1st. (possibly the worst acting by AS was done this year)
And while Alison only ranked 8th for 2008 she had been doing double duty on two NBC shows and hitting PR pretty hard so it seemed like there was no escape from AS in 2008.

http://www.jason47.com/days/

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jason

aimees76
Member Avatar

I don't mind her being on everyday. I think she is the best actress on the show, and she plays everything from heartbreak, to desperation, to near whacko, to hysterically funny and witty. I adore her! She is entertaining and moving, and that is what this show needs. It is lacking in so much of the other acting/stories on this show, that I just lap it up when Ari is on. I think she is absolutely worthy to be in the same category as Deidre, Drake, Eileen, and Kristian (don't know about Christy).

Sindacco
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Feb 13 2009, 10:13 AM
Hypocrisy? Hardly. I think enough posters had explained that the reason they don't mind Ari on so much is because she's such a fine actress. Compound that by the fact that Alison has been over-exposed for YEARS not months and you can see why people complained about Alison being on too much:
In 2005 AS ranked 4th.
For 2006 she ranked 3rd.
And while Alison only ranked 8th for 2008 she had been doing double duty on two NBC shows and hitting PR pretty hard so it seemed like there was no escape from AS in 2008.

Exactly, I have said this before but I'm gonna say it again. During the 15 years Alison have been on Days she's been backburned five months in 2001, that's it. The viewers don't even get a break from her when she's pregnant, so instead we got two of the worst storylines in the shows history: Stan and WP.

And it's not just about episode rankings, it's about the way they are used. For me personally it feels like Melanie's on more than Nicole, why? Because she's all over the place, while Nicole is just in one storyline.
Edited by Sindacco, Feb 13 2009, 10:54 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SpriteEyes
Feb 13 2009, 09:18 AM
mer4santo
Feb 13 2009, 09:15 AM
I love Ari but I could have used a break earlier in her story when the baby brokering/my-life-will-suck sobbing was on ad nauseum. Now that the story is finally moving it's OK!
I think Days should refrain from storylines with excessive crying for awhile. THAT is what I really need a break from!
True, Nicole was starting to remind me of Teresa Lopez-Fitzgerald and that wasn't a good thing. If she said Fate or Forever I think I would have thrown something at the t.v.

Ditto! I swear, I think if I heard Nicole gush on about her 'miracle' baby one more time I would :x . But the scheming, snarky and funny Nicole I can take much more easily. The schmoopy, doe eyed Nicole? Not so much. :ermmmm: I agree that Ari is a fabulous actress and is much improved since her last run on the show. But I do think she's been over exposed and I don't see that ending any time soon because this storyline is far from over. I do look forward to seeing her share scenes with Ali Sweeney again - I think they are great together.

And uh...Christie Clark?? Seriously??? ^o)

cjknick
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
In 2005 AS ranked 4th.
For 2006 she ranked 3rd.

At least those posters are owning up to their hypocrisy that they don't mind Ari on all the time because they like her and complained about the "Sami show" because they didn't like Sami ... but it is a double standard none the less! Then there are those who complained about the balance before Vets backburned and such - but are suddenly ok with the "Nicole show" even though the Vets were even backburned even worse and have even been fired! Just keeping it real!
Edited by cjknick, Feb 13 2009, 11:34 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

aimees76
Feb 13 2009, 10:45 AM
I think she is absolutely worthy to be in the same category as Deidre, Drake, Eileen, and Kristian (don't know about Christy).
Christie Clark's name on that list has me singing, "Which of these things belong together, which of these things just doesn't belong?" I can't recall when she was so front-burnered, so either I was in a non-watching period or her bad acting affected me so horribly I blacked out and can't recall it. Either is possible.

ilovemydays

cjknick
Feb 13 2009, 11:32 AM
ilovemydays
In 2005 AS ranked 4th.
For 2006 she ranked 3rd.

At least those posters are owning up to their hypocrisy that they don't mind Ari on all the time because they like her and complained about the "Sami show" because they didn't like Sami ... but it is a double standard none the less! Then there are those who complained about the balance before Vets backburned and such - but are suddenly ok with the "Nicole show" even though the Vets were even backburned even worse and have even been fired! Just keeping it real!
There is nothing hypocritical with a poster saying that they don't mind Ari being on so much because they are enjoying her work.
Again, you can't compare Ari and Alison's exposure because Alison disastrous time on the front burner lasted YEARS.

My objection to Alison's over-exposure had to do with the length of time she was on the front burner, the lack of quality of her acting and my distaste for the story lines that have revolved around her.

I haven't grown tired of Nicole yet. I'm not saying that it can't happen I'm just saying that it hasn't happened yet.

MCKELLY

I'm tired of Nicole...unless she's on with Victor...then she's hilarious!

Bring on Vicole!!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Quote:

Again, you can't compare Ari and Alison's exposure because Alison disastrous time on the front burner lasted YEARS.

My objection to Alison's over-exposure had to do with the length of time she was on the front burner, the lack of quality of her acting and my distaste for the story lines that have revolved around her.

It is an unfair comparison, because going back to the original post Ari is quickly approaching a level of 'over exposure' that Ali has never achieved. Unless things change in a hurry, Ari is going to join the elite group of 'over exposed' actors in the history of the show. :$

It's quite clear that your distaste for Ali Sweeney and/or the character of Sami makes it hard for you to enjoy her scenes - and that's fine. I happen to feel the opposite - I think she's an excellent actress and it would seem her tenure on the show and the fact that she has been featured in so many stories would support that others feel the same way.
Ari and Ali are both extremely talented and when given compelling material I think they both soar. But if I were given a choice as to who I prefer to see on screen I would pick Ali any day of the week. I realize that is not the popular opinion around here - but I'm certain I would not be alone in that opinion elsewhere.

Mason
Member Avatar

cjknick
Feb 13 2009, 09:55 AM
What I do mind is the hypocrisy of it all! Last year it was all about the overexposure of AS and JS. Many posters who will complaining about that are all ok with this.
It's not hypocritical because it's not the same thing. At this time last year, Ali had already been on a ridiculous amount for a year (whereas Arianne hasn't even been back a whole year). And her acting sucked. It was annoying and grating and the same old thing day in and day out. Fake crying and shrieking got old REAL fast. And, as I said in my first post, it's easier to take someone being on all the time when that person is talented and enjoyable. For me, Arianne is, and Alison wasn't. Simple as that.
Edited by Mason, Feb 13 2009, 12:32 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

MCKELLY
Feb 13 2009, 12:19 PM

Bring on Vicole!!!
:funny:

Yeah...but Vic isn't feeling the Nicole love these days. :hmmph:

Hey! I know! How about Stefacole? (Nicano? Stefani?...)

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Feb 13 2009, 12:30 PM

It is an unfair comparison, because going back to the original post Ari is quickly approaching a level of 'over exposure' that Ali has never achieved. Unless things change in a hurry, Ari is going to join the elite group of 'over exposed' actors in the history of the show. :$

I suggest you go back to the original post. According to Jason Ari has been on 83 episodes so far. She will only hit 93 episodes if she is on for every show remaining in February.

90 episodes
Kristian Alfonso (10/99-2/00 & 11/99-3/00)
Jason Cook (3/05-7/05)
Deidre Hall (1/97-5/97)
Alison Sweeney (4/97-8/97 & 5/98-9/98)

Alison/Sami front burnered for two years back to back. I freely admit that I probably wouldn't have minded her on so much if I enjoyed her scenes.
Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 13 2009, 12:44 PM.

dayslover12

Thanks Jason

MCKELLY

SocRMum1
Feb 13 2009, 12:39 PM
MCKELLY
Feb 13 2009, 12:19 PM

Bring on Vicole!!!
:funny:

Yeah...but Vic isn't feeling the Nicole love these days. :hmmph:

Hey! I know! How about Stefacole? (Nicano? Stefani?...)
Nicano rocks!!! Bring on Stephano and Nicole!!! :makeout:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Feb 13 2009, 12:43 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 13 2009, 12:30 PM

I suggest you go back to the original post. According to Jason Ari has been on 83 episodes so far. She will only hit 93 episodes if she is on for every show remaining in February.

90 episodes
Kristian Alfonso (10/99-2/00 & 11/99-3/00)
Jason Cook (3/05-7/05)
Deidre Hall (1/97-5/97)
Alison Sweeney (4/97-8/97 & 5/98-9/98)

Alison/Sami front burnered for two years back to back. I freely admit that I probably wouldn't have minded her on so much if I enjoyed her scenes.
Why should I revisit the original post? I stated Ari is 'quickly approaching' the status - which was really the point Jason was making, right? Ali is not in that group of five actors he listed - Ari has the potential to be.

Alligato
Member Avatar

cjknick
Feb 13 2009, 11:32 AM
ilovemydays
In 2005 AS ranked 4th.
For 2006 she ranked 3rd.

Where are these posters are you are talking about?
If you are talking about DR - people like who they like...where is the hypocracy in prefering one character/actress' performance over another?
Instead of keeping it real, you are keeping it confusing.

And I must laugh that AS had never had overexposure. Right now, with BL and DOOL and magazine covers and commercials and diva drama online, she is more exposed now than ever. I am tired of her and her story is poor (she has been pregnant for 2 years on the show!). There was a very easy way to fix it...probably by taking a short maternity leave and resting her for a bit, but it didn't happen.

So what if AZ has been in an A story for the past few months...she has been doing great job with the shitty material. In AS's case, the shitty material was her idea and it sucked.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply