Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stats report: Ari Zucker rising up 5-month list
Topic Started: Feb 12 2009, 11:29 PM (3,891 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ArizonaDaze
Feb 13 2009, 03:21 PM
When speaking about balance, back in the super couple days of the mid to late 80's (Steve & Kayla, Shane & Kimberly, etc.) I couldn't wait to see what would happen with S&K because their "A" story was only on three days a week as I recall. The other two days were devoted to other stories and that was just fine. I know times have changed a lot since then (I'm older and my memory fails!) but no matter how good an actress or actor is or how much you love the character or couple, too much exposure isn't always best.
I remember those days. You could COUNT on who was going to be featured certain days. So much for counting on things...........

This thread is going right back to that debate about the JS/AZ article about whose is biggest, who is wrong, who done who wrong, who isn't getting their way, yada, yada. It still boils down to this: if they insist on overbalancing things, for many of us, at least here, we would much rather see AZ than AS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SaveDaysNow

Very well said. Ari's screen time may be well over the norm, but she's make it enjoyable and bearable. In the hands of other far less talented actresses on this show, many (not all) of us would want to scratch our eyes out, especially if it's AS.

six
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 13 2009, 07:20 PM
Alligato
Feb 13 2009, 02:45 PM
six
Feb 13 2009, 01:43 PM
I don't see why AS's other projects count when comparing her to AZ. TBL is completely separate from DOOL, and is skippable if you're sick of her.

Because it counts as exposure.
DOOL hypes TBL and TBL promotes DOOL.
And what I found funny is that I have watched TBL since that other actress was on, and I enjoyed AS all last year on it, but this past summer/fall season when AS was all over the internet and her pregnancy was written in for no reason and her character's story was stupid beyong belief, I stopped watching TBL for the first time. I just didn't want to see AS anymore.
Maybe I watch too much NBC.

And I would also admit that as a fan of AZ and her acting, when Mia and AZ did round 253 of "can I have your baby, I lost my miracle", I fast forwarded it, so maybe it didn't bother me as much as it could have.

But I do agree wholeheartedly that Days could do so much better in the balancing department. I don't need to see my faves everyday.
Plus, TBL and Days are both on the same network. There's a connection there, sho' as gun's iron.
So, you counted MBE's spot on Law and Order, and JKJ's stint on Scrubs as exposure for Kayla and Philip? IF AS spends a large amount of time on TBL promoting Sami, that's one thing, but seeing AS often on her other show has pretty much zero to do with how many stories Sami is in.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Mason
Feb 13 2009, 12:31 PM
cjknick
Feb 13 2009, 09:55 AM
What I do mind is the hypocrisy of it all! Last year it was all about the overexposure of AS and JS. Many posters who will complaining about that are all ok with this.
It's not hypocritical because it's not the same thing. At this time last year, Ali had already been on a ridiculous amount for a year (whereas Arianne hasn't even been back a whole year). And her acting sucked. It was annoying and grating and the same old thing day in and day out. Fake crying and shrieking got old REAL fast. And, as I said in my first post, it's easier to take someone being on all the time when that person is talented and enjoyable. For me, Arianne is, and Alison wasn't. Simple as that.
Plus Ali was playing Sami AND Colleen.

I don't mind Ari being on a lot because I like her and this story is keeping me interested.

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 13 2009, 07:55 PM
Plus Ali was playing Sami AND Colleen.
Good point!

Ponz
Member Avatar

Congrats to Ari! She's earned the right to be front and center.

Quote:

92 episodes
Jason Cook (12/03-4/04)

90 episodes
Jason Cook (3/05-7/05)

:puke:
Edited by Ponz, Feb 13 2009, 08:18 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ponz
Feb 13 2009, 08:14 PM
Congrats to Ari! She's earned the right to be front and center.

Quote:

92 episodes
Jason Cook (12/03-4/04)

90 episodes
Jason Cook (3/05-7/05)

:puke:
Was Jason Cook on every single episode during those time periods? I don't remember him being on that much! Then again, I've probably blocked it from my memory, LoL.

daisy132

Honestly, I think Ari is a good acctress, but isn't the greatest I've ever seen. I think she's become over-rated. She really isn't all that, and personally I'm getting tired of seeing her on all the time.

AidanGreensFan

ladyofthelake
Alligato
six
Feb 13 2009, 01:43 PM
I don't see why AS's other projects count when comparing her to AZ. TBL is completely separate from DOOL, and is skippable if you're sick of her.

Because it counts as exposure.
DOOL hypes TBL and TBL promotes DOOL.
And what I found funny is that I have watched TBL since that other actress was on, and I enjoyed AS all last year on it, but this past summer/fall season when AS was all over the internet and her pregnancy was written in for no reason and her character's story was stupid beyong belief, I stopped watching TBL for the first time. I just didn't want to see AS anymore.
Maybe I watch too much NBC.

And I would also admit that as a fan of AZ and her acting, when Mia and AZ did round 253 of "can I have your baby, I lost my miracle", I fast forwarded it, so maybe it didn't bother me as much as it could have.

But I do agree wholeheartedly that Days could do so much better in the balancing department. I don't need to see my faves everyday.
Plus, TBL and Days are both on the same network. There's a connection there, sho' as gun's iron.
I do not buy this BL tie in to AS/Sami overexposure at ALL. I think it's a bunch of shit actually. I have never watched a single episode of the biggest loser and AS hosting that show has zero impact on her airtime as Sami (aside from the half assed crossovers with BL trainers showing up randomly in Salem).

I got sick of Sami being on everyday because SAMI was on every day. Just like I got sick of Nicole being on and on and on and on and on until I finally shut off my TV.

I do think there is a bit of a double standard in the idea that 'it's ok with Ari because I like her". Overexposure like this is total BS - it doesn't matter if it's AZ, AS, or DH. The producers need to take into account that the entire viewing audience has not fallen at the feet of Nicole Walker and would REALLY like to see some other characters. Who gives a rat's ass if she is a good actress? Show me something ANYTHING else. PLEASE!

Mackie

Even if she were the best actress ever noone should have that sort of exposure.

AZ has improved massively over the years but I still loathe and detest Nicole as much as did back in 2000 so having her front and centre certainly does nothing to encourage me to watch....but then I honestly can't say there is very much else going on to do that. But I do think there needs to more balance and Nicole needs to stopped being pimped as the new Days heroine.

Edited by Mackie, Feb 14 2009, 10:36 AM.

Nicole Walker

I'm glad Ari got the chance to be in the lead cause she's showing her stuff and probably surprised the bigwigs upstairs at how she can hold her own but I think too much exposure for a long period of time can begin to annoy people. I didn't mind Sami being on eventhough I wasn't a fan cause stuff was balanced back then but then they started to center the show around her and it turned me off. Now, I can't even watch AS on a talk show cause I don't wanna see anything that reminds me of Sami, i'm just sick of her.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

six
Feb 13 2009, 07:53 PM
ladyofthelake
Alligato

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
So, you counted MBE's spot on Law and Order, and JKJ's stint on Scrubs as exposure for Kayla and Philip? IF AS spends a large amount of time on TBL promoting Sami, that's one thing, but seeing AS often on her other show has pretty much zero to do with how many stories Sami is in.

How can you possibly compare MBE's one time stint on L&O and Jay's occasional stint on Scrubs (where, I do believe, for a lot of the time, he WASN'T on Days) to Allison's weekly appearancesm guest spots, and promotions for TBL? And actually, MBE mentioned that she and a head honcho at NBC thought it would be neat for a Days star TO be on another NBC show as a guest spot, so apparently, this head honcho WAS thinking in those terms. But she didn't do guest spots on talk shows and spots in magazines about Law and Order.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AidanGreensFan
Feb 13 2009, 11:03 PM
ladyofthelake
Alligato

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I do not buy this BL tie in to AS/Sami overexposure at ALL. I think it's a bunch of shit actually. I have never watched a single episode of the biggest loser and AS hosting that show has zero impact on her airtime as Sami (aside from the half assed crossovers with BL trainers showing up randomly in Salem).

I got sick of Sami being on everyday because SAMI was on every day. Just like I got sick of Nicole being on and on and on and on and on until I finally shut off my TV.

I do think there is a bit of a double standard in the idea that 'it's ok with Ari because I like her". Overexposure like this is total BS - it doesn't matter if it's AZ, AS, or DH. The producers need to take into account that the entire viewing audience has not fallen at the feet of Nicole Walker and would REALLY like to see some other characters. Who gives a rat's ass if she is a good actress? Show me something ANYTHING else. PLEASE!
You're not READING what we are saying. At least for me, I'm saying because it seems quite a FEW people like her and she's getting kudos for her acting. Good grief. If Ari is making the storyline enjoyable for people, no matter how much she is on, that's different than people saying Allison was overexposed and phoning in her acting. If Arianne was acting like she did when she first came on Days, you can bet your sweet bippy more people would be complaining about her overexposure, like they do with Melanie, who can't even BEGIN to touch Arianne's acting with a mile-long pole.

You honestly don't think that if more people were enjoying Allison's acting during all this, they'd be saying the overexposure was fine? WHY is this a double standard? Maybe because you're not happy? Were you unhappy when Sami got top exposure for much of her stint on Days, period? If you are unhappy with the exposure BOTH of them get, then my apologies.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mackie
Feb 14 2009, 10:35 AM
Even if she were the best actress ever noone should have that sort of exposure.

AZ has improved massively over the years but I still loathe and detest Nicole as much as did back in 2000 so having her front and centre certainly does nothing to encourage me to watch....but then I honestly can't say there is very much else going on to do that. But I do think there needs to more balance and Nicole needs to stopped being pimped as the new Days heroine.

If you can say the same thing for Allison's exposure the past few years, then I would certainly buy what you're saying. Consider this: how much time do you think SAMI would be on screen right now if Allison didn't have that so-called maternity leave?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Nicole Dimera
Feb 14 2009, 10:48 PM
I'm glad Ari got the chance to be in the lead cause she's showing her stuff and probably surprised the bigwigs upstairs at how she can hold her own but I think too much exposure for a long period of time can begin to annoy people. I didn't mind Sami being on eventhough I wasn't a fan cause stuff was balanced back then but then they started to center the show around her and it turned me off. Now, I can't even watch AS on a talk show cause I don't wanna see anything that reminds me of Sami, i'm just sick of her.
Thank you for being balanced in your response. :) It's refreshing to see someone admit that about their own favorite.

six
Member Avatar

Quote:

How can you possibly compare MBE's one time stint on L&O and Jay's occasional stint on Scrubs (where, I do believe, for a lot of the time, he WASN'T on Days) to Allison's weekly appearancesm guest spots, and promotions for TBL? And actually, MBE mentioned that she and a head honcho at NBC thought it would be neat for a Days star TO be on another NBC show as a guest spot, so apparently, this head honcho WAS thinking in those terms. But she didn't do guest spots on talk shows and spots in magazines about Law and Order.

How can you compare AS being on an entirely different show to AZ dominating the screen at Days? AS isn't Sami. If a Days fan who isn't tired of AS can avoid all of her time on TBL or promoting TBL in magazines without trying, then surely the Days fans who are tired of her can do the same. And really, almost every time someone does bring out an article where AS is talking as herself and not for Sami, there's much foaming at the mouth because she's not doing enough to promote Days. She pushes Days it's a problem, she doesn't push Days, it's a problem. There's been what, one TBL/Days crossover, maybe two?

If AZ becomes host of TBL tomorrow, no Nicole/Ari fan is going to use that as a reason to cut down on Nicole's time on Days.
Edited by six, Feb 15 2009, 08:42 AM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

nicole is on every day, but she's only on for a total of what, maybe ten minutes? during the santeen summer sami was on as sami. then sami was on as colleen. then the rest of the show was centered around the rest of the cast TALKING about sami/colleen. then we have her maternity 'leave.' was sami written off at all? no, they arranged for her to have her own set and hired a new actor while firing far better ones just so sami could still be on 17 out of 30 days in the month. i'm sorry, but nicole being on a few minutes a day and involved in one storyline doesn't even hold a candle to what this show has done and continues to do for alison sweeeny. so you'll have to excuse me when i get a little annoyed when sami fans are complaining about another actress' overexposure.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Feb 15 2009, 09:06 AM.

six
Member Avatar

What makes you think Sami fans loved every minute of her domination? The fact that Ari's character is fast approaching a milestone that Ali's character has not shows that people who are sick of Nicole being the featured character have a valid point.

And even if some Sami fans did enjoy all the things Sami did, and aren't happy with Nicole, plenty of Nicole fans have said flat out that they're okay with the Days of Nicole's Life because they enjoy Nicole/Ari.
Edited by six, Feb 15 2009, 09:19 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Feb 15 2009, 09:06 AM
nicole is on every day, but she's only on for a total of what, maybe ten minutes? during the santeen summer sami was on as sami. then sami was on as colleen. then the rest of the show was centered around the rest of the cast TALKING about sami/colleen. then we have her maternity 'leave.' was sami written off at all? no, they arranged for her to have her own set and hired a new actor while firing far better ones just so sami could still be on 17 out of 30 days in the month. i'm sorry, but nicole being on a few minutes a day and involved in one storyline doesn't even hold a candle to what this show has done and continues to do for alison sweeeny. so you'll have to excuse me when i get a little annoyed when sami fans are complaining about another actress' overexposure.
I think the whole subject is hypocritical. I think that if you are a Sami fan you were fine with her overuse and if you are a Nicole fan you are fine with her overuse. Where the hypocrisy comes in when you complain about one or the other without acknowledging the hypocrisy. It has nothing to do with who is the better actor or who had the better storyline that is subjective ...

My point is that someone is always going to be at the top of the episode list - so why rag about it? There were Years when it was the Marlena show, or the Hope show, or the Kristen show, or the Marlena and John show or the Jack and Jennifer show, or the Shane and Kim show, or the Steve and Kayla show...

Balance is nice but this show has always had the "A" story "B" story format somewhat. And with the decrease of budgets balance is even worse to produce.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

six
Feb 15 2009, 09:15 AM
What makes you think Sami fans loved every minute of her domination? The fact that Ari's character is fast approaching a milestone that Ali's character has not shows that people who are sick of Nicole being the featured character have a valid point.

And even if some Sami fans did enjoy all the things Sami did, and aren't happy with Nicole, plenty of Nicole fans have said flat out that they're okay with the Days of Nicole's Life because they enjoy Nicole/Ari.
i don't agree that this is the days of nicole's life show at all. again, she's on for fifteen muinutes a day tops and she is involved in ONE storyline. she has nothing to do with the fuel project, or daniel and chloe, or bo and hope, or phil and stephanie. this is nothing like the summer of ej and sami when there was--literally--only one other storyline on while the rest of the show revolved around those two and their italian/irish counterparts. it's very simple to leave the room when nicole is on or FF through her. again, you really won't be missing much at all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply