Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stats report: Ari Zucker rising up 5-month list
Topic Started: Feb 12 2009, 11:29 PM (3,852 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
Feb 15 2009, 09:15 AM
What makes you think Sami fans loved every minute of her domination? The fact that Ari's character is fast approaching a milestone that Ali's character has not shows that people who are sick of Nicole being the featured character have a valid point.

And even if some Sami fans did enjoy all the things Sami did, and aren't happy with Nicole, plenty of Nicole fans have said flat out that they're okay with the Days of Nicole's Life because they enjoy Nicole/Ari.
Great post! I am one who feels that featuring any single actor as much as both Ali and Ari have been featured is a disservice to the show as a whole. There are many other characters that I see far too little of - notably, Tony and Anna. What a shame they were brought back and given virtually nothing to do. A completely wasted opportunity - and it could have been easily rectified because there were lots of options to include them in the current storylines.

I was not much of a Jarlena fan - but I was really enjoying the time last Spring when they had Jarlena and EJami living in the mansion together and we saw some fun interaction with characters like Rolf. Again, Tanna would have been a great addition there and it would have been utilizing the vets far more than what we've seen in ages. I love Bope (not a fan of the stupid current story - but I love the couple) but I'm sick of seeing them just canoodling at the pub. I've enjoyed the snatches of time we've seen Maggie and I enjoyed the brief period when they gave Caroline more to do than babysit off screen.

Balance is what this show so desperately needs. They have had and continue to have a myriad of talented actors/actresses and it's unfortunate they choose to use many of them so little.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Kenny
Feb 13 2009, 08:29 PM
Ponz
Feb 13 2009, 08:14 PM
Congrats to Ari! She's earned the right to be front and center.

Quote:

92 episodes
Jason Cook (12/03-4/04)

90 episodes
Jason Cook (3/05-7/05)

:puke:
Was Jason Cook on every single episode during those time periods? I don't remember him being on that much!
Even if he was in that many episodes, I'd enjoy him a helluva lot more than bland Ari. LOL!
Edited by KristianFanForever, Feb 15 2009, 10:48 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

six
The fact that Ari's character is fast approaching a milestone that Ali's character has not shows that people who are sick of Nicole being the featured character have a valid point.

Actually, if you read Jason's thread about the sneak peeks through March 20, AZ is now in the same category that AS was already in:

Quote:

Arianne Zucker (Nicole) appeared in 91 episodes from October 1, 2008-February 28, 2009. She becomes only the 10th actor in "Days" history to appear in at least 91 episodes over a five-month period (joining Kristian Alfonso, Crystal Chappell, Christie Clark, Jason Cook, Eileen Davidson, Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Austin Peck and Alison Sweeney on the list).

The very first post in this thread stated that IF AZ appeared in every episode until the end of Februrary she would be in the same group with the others:

Quote:

If she appears in the final 10 episodes of February this year, she will have appeared in 93 episodes over a five-month time frame, joining just five other actors (Kristian Alfonso, Christie Clark, Eileen Davidson, Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn) who have accomplished the feat since 1983.

Based on what Jason posted in the other thread, AZ is not in the small select group mentioned in the first post, but instead is in a group with, among others, Alison Sweeney.

MericP
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Feb 15 2009, 09:06 AM
nicole is on every day, but she's only on for a total of what, maybe ten minutes? during the santeen summer sami was on as sami. then sami was on as colleen. then the rest of the show was centered around the rest of the cast TALKING about sami/colleen. then we have her maternity 'leave.' was sami written off at all? no, they arranged for her to have her own set and hired a new actor while firing far better ones just so sami could still be on 17 out of 30 days in the month. i'm sorry, but nicole being on a few minutes a day and involved in one storyline doesn't even hold a candle to what this show has done and continues to do for alison sweeeny. so you'll have to excuse me when i get a little annoyed when sami fans are complaining about another actress' overexposure.
I agree with this completely.

I think AS is ok.

But that was WAY too much. Santeen was shitty.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Now lets look at the word overexposure (this is per dictionary.com):
the condition of having been seen, heard, or advertised so frequently or for so long that freshness or appeal is diminished.

Who does this read like...I think they should put a picture of AS right next to this definition! Just how many consecutive years has AS been on days...15 w/maybe a 5 month break TOTAL! That's OVEREXPOSURE!

I also agree w/luvpumpkns post. I dont feel AZ is overexposed. I feel that Days has the "A" story w/Ari, two "B" stories w/Daniel, Chloe, Lucas and the Melanie/Phil/Stephanie SL. Anyone put in the position of the "A" story is going to be featured...now if you like the actors in said SL, then you probably dont think they are overexposed and vice versa.
Liz

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Well, for those of you who cringe at the 'over exposure' of AS all I can say is brace yourselves. Judging from the information that Jason provided for us through March 20th, after this week Sami is back and will be front and center. She and Ari will both be prominently featured - so it looks like there will be plenty of over exposure to go around. ;)

cjknick
Member Avatar

In my opinion this is a dumb debate because Nicole tops the list and Sami has topped the list. It is what it is ... both characters are important IMO Sami moreso because she is more of a core character. Nicole is more of an angsty character. It is a bit of a surprise that Nicole is a leading character except for the fact that she is so because she is playing opposite the leading character of EJ. If they take Nicole out of EJ's orbit and lets say into Brady's IMO she will not have such a prominate role.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thanks for warning us of AS' OVEREXPOSURE! I'll be sure never to watch TBL or read her blog. Unfortunately, I will watch her on Days because I actually like the cattiness between Nicole and Sami. I think its funny!

As for Nicole being a leading character, I'm glad that the writers have given this character a chance to lead a SL. By the numerous accolades AZ has received by the media, fans and her current leading man, its obvious she made the most of it! Kudos to Ari!

Liz
Edited by Liz<3Days, Feb 15 2009, 03:33 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 15 2009, 11:34 AM
six
The fact that Ari's character is fast approaching a milestone that Ali's character has not shows that people who are sick of Nicole being the featured character have a valid point.

Actually, if you read Jason's thread about the sneak peeks through March 20, AZ is now in the same category that AS was already in:

Quote:

Arianne Zucker (Nicole) appeared in 91 episodes from October 1, 2008-February 28, 2009. She becomes only the 10th actor in "Days" history to appear in at least 91 episodes over a five-month period (joining Kristian Alfonso, Crystal Chappell, Christie Clark, Jason Cook, Eileen Davidson, Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Austin Peck and Alison Sweeney on the list).

The very first post in this thread stated that IF AZ appeared in every episode until the end of Februrary she would be in the same group with the others:

Quote:

If she appears in the final 10 episodes of February this year, she will have appeared in 93 episodes over a five-month time frame, joining just five other actors (Kristian Alfonso, Christie Clark, Eileen Davidson, Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn) who have accomplished the feat since 1983.

Based on what Jason posted in the other thread, AZ is not in the small select group mentioned in the first post, but instead is in a group with, among others, Alison Sweeney.
As a spoiler free person, I will not be reading sneak peaks, and can only go by what's in this particular thread. If the sneak peaks say we'll be getting some Walker free days, then hallelujah. :hail: I've been enjoying Ari and Nicole on and off, but I don't need to see her story every day.

luvpumpkns

i don't agree that this is the days of nicole's life show at all. again, she's on for fifteen muinutes a day tops and she is involved in ONE storyline. she has nothing to do with the fuel project, or daniel and chloe, or bo and hope, or phil and stephanie. this is nothing like the summer of ej and sami when there was--literally--only one other storyline on while the rest of the show revolved around those two and their italian/irish counterparts. it's very simple to leave the room when nicole is on or FF through her. again, you really won't be missing much at all.
Okay, lets say she is on for 15 minutes per show. Days is only thirty-seven minutes long without commercials, so that's quite a large chunk of time being devoted to Nicole Walker. The suggestion to just fast forward almost half the show every day (going by your numbers of Nicole getting ~15 min per day) is ridiculous. Why shouldn't I as a Days fan want to see good stories and opportunities to show range and depth for everyone on the show? Now that AS has had her baby, is that the advice you'll be giving out when she's dominating things again? You apparently watched a good section of ejamacus/santeen summer since you're still talking about the lack of balance almost two years later. Whether you feel that that the two situations comparable or not, the fact is that there is hard proof that Nicole is currently getting used in a lot of episodes, and some people simply aren't enjoying it. What's wrong with wanting to see some balance, and some good stories for other characters added to this show? AZ and AS are looked at as sort of a package deal for a few reasons, but really, even if AS had been in a thousand shows in a row, that doesn't detract from the fact that Nicole is being featured often.
Edited by six, Feb 15 2009, 03:34 PM.

daisy132

Although I absolutely detest the character of Nicole, I separate it from the actor, Ari. I enjoy Ari's acting, and she's doing a great job, but I HATE seeing NICOLE on day after day, with the same story that seems to be neverending.

I believe she carried the front storyline because Ali was on maternity leave and worked only very little while she was pregnant. She did a lot of pre-taping. Now that she's back, I hope to see less of Nicole, or at the very least move the story along. Sometimes, too much of a good thing is not enjoyable any more.

Paxton
Member Avatar

six
Feb 15 2009, 03:18 PM
As a spoiler free person, I will not be reading sneak peaks, and can only go by what's in this particular thread. If the sneak peaks say we'll be getting some Walker free days, then hallelujah. :hail: I've been enjoying Ari and Nicole on and off, but I don't need to see her story every day.
I didn't know you were spoiler free, though Jason's thread revealed virtually nothing in terms of storyline. I was merely correcting your belief that AZ had reached a milestone that AS had not.

six
Member Avatar

I never said she had reached it, I said she was "fast approaching" that milestone, which wasn't incorrect based on the information we have here in this thread.

Either way though, thanks for letting me know she won't be making it.
Edited by six, Feb 15 2009, 03:47 PM.

Mason

cjknick
Feb 15 2009, 09:33 AM
I think the whole subject is hypocritical. I think that if you are a Sami fan you were fine with her overuse and if you are a Nicole fan you are fine with her overuse. Where the hypocrisy comes in when you complain about one or the other without acknowledging the hypocrisy. It has nothing to do with who is the better actor or who had the better storyline that is subjective
What's ironic is that I WAS a Sami fan until she was overused.

And, for the LAST TIME, NO ONE is saying any character dominating so much of the show is okay. People are simply saying why it doesn't bother them AS MUCH with Nicole as it did when it was Sami.

cjknick
Member Avatar

daisy132
Feb 15 2009, 03:23 PM
Although I absolutely detest the character of Nicole, I separate it from the actor, Ari. I enjoy Ari's acting, and she's doing a great job, but I HATE seeing NICOLE on day after day, with the same story that seems to be neverending.

I believe she carried the front storyline because Ali was on maternity leave and worked only very little while she was pregnant. She did a lot of pre-taping. Now that she's back, I hope to see less of Nicole, or at the very least move the story along. Sometimes, too much of a good thing is not enjoyable any more.
Two things happened that put Nicole front and center and it ain't because Ari is talented (she is but that's not the reason)

reason # 1 she was paired with EJ ....
reason # 2 AS got pregnant in real life...

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

cjknick
Feb 15 2009, 03:39 PM
daisy132
Feb 15 2009, 03:23 PM

Two things happened that put Nicole front and center and it ain't because Ari is talented (she is but that's not the reason)

reason # 1 she was paired with EJ ....
reason # 2 AS got pregnant in real life...

I disagree!
The character of Nicole came on to run interference between EJ and Sami. TIIC saw the chemistry between Nicole and EJ and decided to go with that direction. I believe they wouldnt have created a SL for Nicole and EJ if TIIC didnt like the chemistry w/AZ & JS.

I do agree that AS' pregnancy shifted the SL...it may have been that Nicole would be pregnant and EJ would have to choose between Nicole and Sami...who knows??

Liz

Paxton
Member Avatar

six
Feb 15 2009, 03:35 PM
I never said she had reached it, I said she was "fast approaching" that milestone, which wasn't incorrect based on the information we have here in this thread.
The fact is, though, that AS has reached milestone that AZ has not, through information available on Jason's site that is not spoiler-related. I wanted to be sure that information about AS was clear to anyone reading this thread.

What you originally said was this:

Quote:

It was clear you had the opinion that AS had not reached an airtime milestone ahead of AZ in the past. Personally, I think this milestone is somewhat arbitrary, but whatever. I also don't see the connection between saying that AZ having a lot of airtime justifying people being sick of Nicole and AS. I'm sick of AS without it having anything to do with AZ. I was sick of Sami before they brought the character of Nicole back.

I have no problem with people thinking AZ has been on too much. I myself said in this thread that I love her, but the show is having trouble with balance these days. What I do have a problem with is the implication that AZ somehow wouldn't "deserve" her airtime if she reached an arbitrary milestone that Alison Sweeney never had because Sweeney's paid her dues or whatever. Again, nobody should dominate on an ensemble show.
Edited by Paxton, Feb 15 2009, 03:51 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 15 2009, 03:50 PM

six
Feb 15 2009, 03:35 PM
The fact is, though, that AS has reached milestone that AZ has not, through information available on Jason's site that is not spoiler-related. I wanted to be sure that information about AS was clear to anyone reading this thread.

What you originally said was this:

Quote:

It was clear you had the opinion that AS had not reached an airtime milestone ahead of AZ in the past.
[/quote]I know that AS was on the show for years before AZ so, of course she's reached milestones in the past that AZ hadn't. So the thing you felt was clear from my post wasn't a point I was making at all. The point was that people were saying Sami fans had no right to complain, even though it looked like AZ had the opportunity to surpass AS and join just five other actors.

Quote:

Personally, I think this milestone is somewhat arbitrary, but whatever. I also don't see the connection between saying that AZ having a lot of airtime justifying people being sick of Nicole and AS. I'm sick of AS without it having anything to do with AZ. I was sick of Sami before they brought the character of Nicole back.

I have no problem with people thinking AZ has been on too much. I myself said in this thread that I love her, but the show is having trouble with balance these days. . Again, nobody should dominate on an ensemble show.
I think the milestone is arbitrary too, but plenty of times people have been saying that they were sick of seeing Nicole so much, only to be told that they were biased because Nicole wasn't on all that much. Now we know for a fact that it's not in anyone's imagination that she was on a lot.

I don't see anyone implying"What I do have a problem with is the implication that AZ somehow wouldn't "deserve" her airtime if she reached an arbitrary milestone that Alison Sweeney never had because Sweeney's paid her dues or whatever". No idea what you inferred that from.
Edited by six, Feb 15 2009, 04:04 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar

I don't see anyone saying that Sami fans (or anyone who doesn't like Nicole) doesn't have the right to be irritated with her airtime or didn't have the right to complain. Who said that?

I'm saying I don't see why AZ should be criticized for her airtime on the basis that Alison Sweeney had not reached a similar or larger milestone. If you're sick of Nicole because you hate the character, hate her storyline, hate AZ, whatever--all those things I understand. There are characters and actors I can't stand too.

Quote:

I don't see anyone implying"What I do have a problem with is the implication that AZ somehow wouldn't "deserve" her airtime if she reached an arbitrary milestone that Alison Sweeney never had because Sweeney's paid her dues or whatever". No idea what you inferred that from.

I inferred that from you saying that AZ was reaching a milestone AS had not; I thought you were implying that it was somehow wrong or unfair for someone who had been on the show less time than Sweeney to reach some airtime milestone. I don't see what makes Sweeney special or better (again, this is due in part to my opinion that AZ is a superior actress), therefore, I don't understand why it would matter whether AS had reached an airtime milestone or not. If that isn't what you meant, then I apologize for misunderstanding.

six
Member Avatar

I think there's an assumption that people who like Sami automatically dislike Nicole for taking her time in the spotlight or something. I've been a fan of Sami AND Nicole since those long ago days when they were both spending all their time in the Kiriakis mansion causing trouble for Kate and Lucas. I was thrilled that Nicole was coming back. I don't, however, enjoy seeing Nicole having the same conversations or crying every day any more than I enjoyed Sami crying every day and going from EJ to Lucas to EJ ad nauseam. Or having the same conversation every day with Rafe (although both characters's stories are finally moving. Thank goodness). Like Socr said said, what about Tony and Anna? What about letting some of that time go toward developing John and Marlena's exit story? I felt the same when it was the Chelsea show (another character who I really enjoy).

Quote:

I don't see anyone saying that Sami fans (or anyone who doesn't like Nicole) doesn't have the right to be irritated with her airtime or didn't have the right to complain. Who said that?
Luvpumkns for one (sorry if I misspelled that!) said s/he feels annoyed when Sami fans complain about the current lack of balance.

As for the milestone, no that's not what I meant. As I said earlier in the thread, I don't begrudge either of them their time in the Sun. Even if I don't enjoy seeing their characters day in day out, they should make the most of it. I wouldn't turn down success in my field.
Edited by six, Feb 15 2009, 04:35 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar

I think we can all agree that, no matter who we like or dislike, nobody should be on every day for weeks or months at a time. We should be on the edge of our seats wondering what will happen next with the characters/storylines we're interested in, and we can't do that if they're on every minute. I agree that we should be seeing other characters more (well, not Melanie). But I have no problems with people that I don't like being on as long as I have some reassurance that my misery won't last for days at a time. While I myself love Nicole, I completely sympathize with y'all who can't stand her and/or think she's on too much, because that's how I feel about Melanie. I do feel the pain.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply