Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Martha Madison rumor
Topic Started: Feb 11 2009, 10:06 PM (1,420 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

daysfan
Feb 11 2009, 10:57 PM
Ellie
Feb 11 2009, 10:49 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Oh, I can see it now....

Dena: "Hmmmm, Days needs another story! Oh, I have it! Something that will get us a big return so fans will tune back in! The next vision Bo needs to have is Maya pooring that goop all over Salem, and it crushes Tony, which is how he dies! Then Bo and Anna will have to keep Tony away from anything goopy! Yup, now that we've rehashed that one famous story from 1996, lets bring back the other famous story from Days past! It'll be a hit! And we'll get beloved Maya back with it!"
sounds plausable. They've already reused her 2003 corrupt Mayor story.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 11 2009, 10:22 PM

As for Days... I honestly don't think they have plans to bring anyone back, let alone someone with talent like Martha. I think any character currently "off the canvas" is probably off the canvas for good.
I agree. I wish things were different, but I don't think anyone that has been fired recently is coming back. The only one Corday gave an open door to was RM, and that's because she chose to leave. I would have liked to see Martha back before John and Marlena left...heck I wish Deidre and Drake had not been fired, but I'd also wish there was a different writing/producing team and since that is never going to happen, and that time has passed, I'm resigned. I hope only the best for Martha M though and if she ends up on GL...good for her!

Ellie

hops
Feb 11 2009, 11:18 PM
I wish things were different, but I don't think anyone that has been fired recently is coming back. The only one Corday gave an open door to was RM, and that's because she chose to leave.
Agree with your whole post, and as for this part, Corday might say that to SOD, but I'm not so sure he'd keep his word. (Has he ever before?) Also, the show will probably be canceled in 18 months, so there might not even be a Days for RM to come back to. I just think it's convenient for him to say that to SOD, but it probably has nothing to do with the reality of the show. jmo.

cassie1013

Wow, if this is true, she must be really hard up for a job or something. I guess a job is a job, but if she's trying to move up in the acting world, Daytime (other than Y&R) is the WRONG place to be. Especially GL, a show that's teetering on being cancelled and is basically the worst soap on air Lol.

As long as she's not back at DAYS. I can't stand watching her as Belle!

koos

I thought the original Jan Spears was my least favorite DOOL character/actor until Heather Lindell stepped in, then I was begging for them to bring her back.

Martha Madison as Michelle Bauer? WTF? That would be... awful. I don't think she'd be too young, though. No offense to Nancy St. Alban, but they went way overboard in SORASing Michelle when they cast her (Rebecca Budig, whom I like a lot, was also way too old for Michelle, and she's 3 years younger than Alban!). Bethany Joey-Whatsiz was actually even younger than the original young-ish Michelle, Rachel Miner. Anyway, they could easily cast an early thirtysomething as Michelle, but MM would be all wrong, IMO. Honestly, I could see her portraying Michelle as dour, petulant, whiny, and frigid, just like her Belle (*ducks for cover*).

King
Member Avatar

I wouldn't even know if GL is good or not because I can't even watch it for two seconds before my eyes start bleeding at the shitty sight of it.
Edited by King, Feb 12 2009, 02:29 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I have trouble thinking this will happen. GL may be good right now but Martha would not sign on to a show that may be gone by year's end. She's smart.

It's weird how Martha has been gone from Days nearly a year and has gotten nothing. Not even a cameo anywhere. I mean, we've barely heard any whisperings about her being up for roles, at least until recently. Beemer got picked up really fast. It just makes you wonder.

Whatever the case, she's all wrong for Michelle. She could definitely play Marah though.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I have to agree that she would be terribly miscast as Michelle.

Marah, possibly. Not Michelle though.

koos

It's possible she could be a great (insert character here), but her Belle totally turned me off and I can't picture her in any other role without thinking of the way they wrote Belle's personality at the time.

She could be Marah. Maybe a bit old for the role, though. She'd certainly be the oldest, since Lindsay McKeon (the last, and my least favorite) was born in 1982 and MM in '77. (It's different from being too young to be Michelle, IMO, since Marah's age remained fairly consistent...)

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Feb 12 2009, 02:42 AM
I have trouble thinking this will happen. GL may be good right now but Martha would not sign on to a show that may be gone by year's end. She's smart.

It's weird how Martha has been gone from Days nearly a year and has gotten nothing. Not even a cameo anywhere. I mean, we've barely heard any whisperings about her being up for roles, at least until recently. Beemer got picked up really fast. It just makes you wonder.

Whatever the case, she's all wrong for Michelle. She could definitely play Marah though.

MM posted on her website a few months ago that she and her husband were opening a bar and how it was a dream of hers so maybe she is just focusing on a different part of her life. Its not a bad idea given the state of the economy and the industry to diversify if you can.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Well she couldnt be worse than Nancy St Alban, who's now selling pregnancy or herpes tests, I forget which.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

TPTB on other soaps probably know what an overrated actress she is.

Ellie

LOL not that I'd necessarily trust a show rep over OBK, but for what it's worth...

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2009/02/the-truth-about-martha-madison

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Why? Lots of talented actors and actresses go through dry spells or even disappear altogether. I don't know what's so unique about Martha.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Well now Daytime Confidential is saying that this is not true. Odd because two GL insiders are both saying she has been cast. Oh well, we will just have to wait and see.

peaches179

Mason
Feb 12 2009, 11:45 AM
PhoenixRising05
Why? Lots of talented actors and actresses go through dry spells or even disappear altogether. I don't know what's so unique about Martha.

ICAM.

King
Member Avatar

Oh no. It's looking this is true (I trust you, OBK. LOL.)

Ugh, this suckkks!!
Edited by King, Feb 12 2009, 02:03 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

IF Martha is actually coming to GL, I'll be happy (let's face it, she's not coming back to DAYS). I just hope she doesn't play Michelle.

lulu
Member Avatar

Martha says it's not true.

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2009/02/martha-madison-books-criminal-minds

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sorry Days of Our Lives and Guiding Light fans, Martha Madison herself has confirmed she isn't headed to Peapack. The former Salemite cutie just Facebooked me.

"I'm the new Michelle Bauer???" LOL! I didn't even know they were casting for that. I assure you that it's not true."

Madison did share, however, she had booked a guest-starring gig on a CBS primetime show.

"The only job in the works for right now is Criminal Minds," the actress reveals. "Just booked a guest star yesterday actually."

DC

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply