Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 2/16
Topic Started: Feb 13 2009, 09:59 PM (2,126 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

What the...?!

This promo is so bad, I don't even know where to start.

Bryan Dattillo's "acting" leaves much to be desired in this promo. The way he delivers that line ("He's a dead man!") sounds absolutely ridiculous, like he's chewing on a sock as he says it. Also, why on earth is he smiling as he says it? Stupid.

Then there's the explosion at the end, which made me LMAO. I love the way Chloe just goes flying, LoL! I'm pretty sure that scene wasn't meant to be funny though, so... fail!

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Can't....stop....laughing....

Kenny
Member Avatar

Does this look like the face of man who's just been devastated by the reality of his wife's affair? :laugh: Bad acting at its worst! Someone get Ed Scott back because this cast isn't worth anything these days!

Posted Image

...and the explosion! Looks like they took all the money they saved by firing Dee/Drake and put it into this lame explosion.

Posted Image

This show just sucks. Why are we even supposed to care what's happening to these characters anymore? The Hortons are depleted, the Brady's are on their way to the same fate and all we have are a bunch of random nobody characters in a bunch of random boring stories. As a fan, I feel like I've had the rug pulled out from under my feet.

Thanks for posting, Angie.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It is bad, yet funny.

This whole explosion thing is happening out of nowhere!

Mason

Um, wow....

Tomlin's goal of turning DAYS into PASSIONS Lite comes one step closer to reality.

ges
Member Avatar

Another Higley "event" that nobody gives a shit about. Woopdie freaking doo.

Thanks for posting, Angie. It was amusing in it's awfulness, if that makes sense.

Alligato
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Feb 13 2009, 10:22 PM
Me either, fender! That was fucking hilarious!
That entire promo came out of nowhere!

NOt to mention, if that huge ass explosion blew off that door and sent Chloe flying, and Lucas was pounding on it at that moment, dude should be a burnt piece of meat blown to smithereens. At the very least, 3rd degree burns! Good thing Dr. Heals It All is on the other side "being a man" with Chloe.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 13 2009, 10:28 PM
Um, wow....

Tomlin's goal of turning DAYS into PASSIONS Lite comes one step closer to reality.
Seriously. They must think we have short attention spans because all they show in their promos are explosions and boobs.

Kenny
Member Avatar

ges
Feb 13 2009, 10:33 PM
Another Higley "event" that nobody gives a shit about. Woopdie freaking doo.
"Higley writes stories that she thinks are interesting but nobody else does." - Erika Slezak

Ponz
Member Avatar

Not available from my location but maybe that's a good thing. :laugh:

leah09
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 13 2009, 10:39 PM
fenderbabe
Feb 13 2009, 10:22 PM
Me either, fender! That was fucking hilarious!
That entire promo came out of nowhere!

NOt to mention, if that huge ass explosion blew off that door and sent Chloe flying, and Lucas was pounding on it at that moment, dude should be a burnt piece of meat blown to smithereens. At the very least, 3rd degree burns! Good thing Dr. Heals It All is on the other side "being a man" with Chloe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. Dan is not there..he gets paged and goes to the hospital.

I like your idea - too bad Lucas survives.

Maggie is such an idiot.
Why does she have to tell him when he's smashed out of his tree??

Oh, I guess so he doesn't remember so we can continue with this "Passions" dragging out of a SL until you want punch the tv.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Oh, and you know what else sucks about this promo? How Maggie tells Lucas. They've been "seeing each other"? No, they've been straight up fucking each other non-stop for the last month. They should have made it sound more crude than simply "seeing someone". Unless, of course, Maggie pulls a JER:

"Chloe has been seeing Daniel behind your back..."

*commercial break*

"...for check-ups at the hospital. She's had a terrible cold all week and didn't want to tell you."

lene
Member Avatar

I can't see it.

Dr. Chip

Wow, did Nadia do her own stuntwork here? Very impressive! The way she jumped up in the air must have taken a lot of talent.

Seriously, this is SOOOOO EMBARRASSING!!! I'm still laughing, and I finished watching the promo five minutes ago!!! Yikes!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The guy doing the promo sucks and these are way too short.

Bryan's acting was fine. The guy is drunk and until we see the scenes together rather then just brief clips, it's hard to judge.

The explosion looked cheesy but I could care less. I'm more interested in the story and it's consequences and, yes, there are people out there who do care about the stories and the characters. Chloe, Nicole, Lucas, Sami, and Philip have all been with the show for ten years off and on. Victor, Maggie, Stefano, Bo, Hope, Lexie, Abe, and Roman are still there, even if they don't get alot of airtime at times. The Brady's aren't depleted nor is the cast filled with nobody's.

I also don't see the show becoming Passions at all. Is it in keeping with JER's style? Sure. But it's far from Passions.

Whatever, I will enjoy it. Should be a good week.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 14 2009, 02:54 AM.

Nicole Walker

That shyt is funny!! LMFAO! Even the explosion looks fake! LOL!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Well it worked, because I kind of have to watch that.

It is Passions, but it's the best kind of Passions. Like...Eve hanging from the wing of a plane kind of Passions. Bring on an orangutan for Sami (she's got a lot of babies to manage) and I could be fully invested again.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I got a chuckle out of how that explosion looks so huge, yet it doesn't even knock the picture off the wall. That thing must be super glued!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't understand why soaps waste money on "effects" because they always look stupid.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply