Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shawn Christian- Staying or going?
Topic Started: Feb 15 2009, 10:48 AM (2,865 Views)
Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

OK, so if I remember correctly, Christian signed a one year contract and started airing in March 2008, which would most likely mean his contract started in February of that year. So do we know yet if he is staying with the show? He obviously wasn't making the money of a Dee or Drake, but he was still successful in Primetime and wouldn't have taken a newbie salary. Has anyone heard anything about his status with the show?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leah09
Member Avatar

Haven't heard a word one way or the other and we should have by now.

Maybe it's being kept under wraps because it will greatly impact the current SL?? It seems like the writers are trying to "redeem" Daniel (not that I have any problem with him but others do).

I really hope he does re-sign.
His SL is really getting good.
Edited by leah09, Feb 15 2009, 10:57 AM.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Haven't heard anything. I always look at Jason's Days Page for contract status. In some ways I want Shawn Christian to stay because he is hot but in other ways he should go.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

rknudson78
Feb 15 2009, 11:16 AM
Haven't heard anything. I always look at Jason's Days Page for contract status. In some ways I want Shawn Christian to stay because he is hot but in other ways he should go.
Honestly, I've always liked the actor, and would be happy to have him stay. Considering how topsy turvy they have been with Daniel, it can be really easy to create a backstory that would explain his behavior. I like him and Chloe, although I don't see them as long term. I also like that except for his connection to Victor, he isn't related to anyone in Salem, which is always a good thing :)

leah09
Member Avatar

I love Shawn Christian as well.
I never paid any attention to him until this SL with Chloe.
He is a fantastic actor - he puts all he's got into every scene - plus he's one of the sexiest men on Daytime.

It's terrible the way some fans have been treating him. I read that he is getting screamed at in public over the SL with Chloe and he has to constantly state that he is Shawn Christian and not Daniel Jonas. It's really pathetic the way some fans cannot grasp that he is just an actor trying to make a living.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I think he's gonna stay.

I think they're gonna make Dan/Chloe/Lucas a meatier story.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Looking at Jason's March sneak peeks thread, Daniel's listed as late as March 17. I believe his first air date was March 4 or thereabouts. In that case, doesn't he just about have to have re-signed? Assuming, of course, that his initial contract was for one year only?

Daytime
Member Avatar

I don't know about Shawn, but I received a Days Panel survey and it asked specifically what I thought about the character. So I got the idea that maybe they were planning to let his contract expire, or why would they ask that question specific. Anybody's guess is good as mine.....

Jason47
Member Avatar

Based on Ken Corday's comments about "no more cuts", I think Shawn is probably staying. After Thaao and Rachel leave and the baby storyline wraps up for John Callahan, the other 24 contract actors should be safe for awhile.

Frances Reid - Alice Horton
Suzanne Rogers - Maggie Horton
Peggy McCay - Caroline Brady
James Reynolds - Abe Carver
Alison Sweeney - Sami Brady
Kristian Alfonso - Hope Williams Brady
Peter Reckell - Bo Brady
Lauren Koslow - Kate Roberts
Josh Taylor - Roman Brady
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
*Rachel Melvin - Chelsea Brady
Darin Brooks - Max Brady
James Scott - E.J. DiMera
Jay Johnson - Philip Kiriakis
Shelley Hennig - Stephanie Johnson
*Thaao Penghlis - Tony DiMera
Renee Jones - Lexie Carver
Nadia Bjorlin - Chloe Lane
Shawn Christian - Dr. Daniel Jonas
Arianne Zucker - Nicole Walker
Molly Burnett - Melanie Layton
Joseph Mascolo - Stefano DiMera
Galen Gering - Rafe Hernandez
Eric Martsolf - Brady Black
*John Callahan - Dr. Richard Baker
Taylor Spreitler - Mia
Dylan Michael Patton - Will Roberts

cassie1013

I was wondering about this too - I thought he actually signed a one year contract from last January, so I was confused as to whether or not he re-signed and they kept it under wraps.

I think he's a lame character, and most definitely expendable. With that said, if they stop trying to make him holier-than-thou, he could become a good bad ass...they should keep him around if they stay on this route. I don't even watch the show anymore, but just sayin' lol.

soapfan1

cassie1013
Feb 15 2009, 05:49 PM
I was wondering about this too - I thought he actually signed a one year contract from last January, so I was confused as to whether or not he re-signed and they kept it under wraps.

I think he's a lame character, and most definitely expendable. With that said, if they stop trying to make him holier-than-thou, he could become a good bad ass...they should keep him around if they stay on this route. I don't even watch the show anymore, but just sayin' lol.
I agree.If he is staying,I would love to see him go bad.It would give SC better material to work with than just being eye candy.

Mason
Member Avatar

I can't wait until this worthless character is gone. I just wish I could believe that that would be sometime in the immediate future.

leah09
Member Avatar

Jason47
Feb 15 2009, 05:45 PM
Based on Ken Corday's comments about "no more cuts", I think Shawn is probably staying. After Thaao and Rachel leave and the baby storyline wraps up for John Callahan, the other 24 contract actors should be safe for awhile.

But he wouldn't be "cut" if his contract expired, right?
So Corday wouldn't have to mention him as someone being "let go" or "fired".

I believe he signed on March 3, 2008.

cjknick
Member Avatar

When he first started it sounded like he only wanted a short stint ... he only took this gig because of the writer's strike and the fact that the pilot offerings were weak at the time so he thought heck why not.

soapfan1

Mason
Feb 15 2009, 05:54 PM
I can't wait until this worthless character is gone. I just wish I could believe that that would be sometime in the immediate future.
I think most of us do,but it seems unlikely now that he will be leaving in the near future.

leah09
Member Avatar

I think he would be a great "dark" character as well.
Hey, they can even continue showing him half-naked if they want.
Judging by the spoilers, I do think we are going to get more depth to his character.
Edited by leah09, Feb 15 2009, 05:58 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

leah09
Feb 15 2009, 05:58 PM
Judging by the spoilers, I do think we are going to get more depth to his character.
LOL! Daniel has about as much depth as a kiddie pool.

cassie1013

In addition to making him bad, they should focus on the slut aspect, Lol. This guy must be breaking soap opera records by hooking up the most women/year! They could also focus on the fact that he's obviously attracted to the sickly, and has some weird sexual fetish/obsession. Knowing DAYS, this probably wouldn't happen though.

soapfan1

cassie1013
Feb 15 2009, 06:02 PM
In addition to making him bad, they should focus on the slut aspect, Lol. This guy must be breaking soap opera records by hooking up the most women/year! They could also focus on the fact that he's obviously attracted to the sickly, and has some weird sexual fetish/obsession. Knowing DAYS, this probably wouldn't happen though.

Actually,the way Days is becoming now with the current team in charge,it wouldn't surprise me if they did go down that path.

leah09
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 15 2009, 05:59 PM
leah09
Feb 15 2009, 05:58 PM
LOL! Daniel has about as much depth as a kiddie pool.
This is a spoiler so please don't read if you don't want to know:

After Chloe says good-bye for good, he is "profoundly affected".

Now I don't know what this means but they have been showing him drinking a lot. Maybe he jeopardizes a patient's health or maybe he becomes an obessed stalker?? Remember Chloe's statement that she destroys every man she's ever cared about. I don't think Daniel will be any different. It would be something if she is marrying Lucas because of guilt and then winds up destroying Daniel in the process. Of course, there's no rhyme or reason with these writers so I haven't a clue how it will turn out.
Edited by leah09, Feb 15 2009, 06:12 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply