Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mozilla Troubles!
Topic Started: Feb 16 2009, 12:57 AM (890 Views)
bellcurve
Member Avatar

For some reason, the DR won't work on the computers at work, nor will it work in Firefox on my computer. I have to open up Safari to look at the DR.

When I open the page in Mozilla it says this:
"Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

That's weird. I'm using, and only use, Firefox and the site works just fine.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 16 2009, 01:16 AM
That's weird. I'm using, and only use, Firefox and the site works just fine.
Ditto. I'm not sure what could be causing that!

bellcurve
Member Avatar

It's doing it on both the computers at work AND on my personal computer. Weird.

It will only work in Safari.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Have you tried clearing Firefox's cache (Tools/Clear Private Data & clear all the checkmarks except cache)?

Are all the computers your using Apple?

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Feb 16 2009, 05:50 AM
Have you tried clearing Firefox's cache (Tools/Clear Private Data & clear all the checkmarks except cache)?

Are all the computers your using Apple?
I haven't, but that is a good idea.

And my work computer isn't a Mac. It's a PC.

And it looks like the page works in Mozilla now for some reason. Yaaaay me!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I always use IE to come here. I find its easier and more user-friendly.

Manny
Member Avatar

I have this problem too.

At home, I use Firefox and everything's fine. But at work, I have to use IE to read DR... I just can't access it with Firefox. It gives me the same message as it did to bellcurve.

"Content Encoding Error

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

sungrey

I am using Firefox 4 on DR and it's working. Sometimes it pauses for no reason and remains on pause for 15 seconds where I can't move the cursor.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I was doing this to me too for weeks on my home computer. Seemed to start right after I updated to the latest Firefox, but it wouldn't load in Chrome either. Then all the sudden one day it just started working again. I just figured someone who owns the site changed something?

Edited to add, I have not had this problem with any other website.
Edited by blueskies, Apr 20 2011, 08:09 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah, I just started using Chrome at work for DR... Cuz Mozilla won't work at all for DR and in IE I can't "like/dislike" without being kicked out of the thread...
So Chrome is the only browser that works okay for DR at work.

At home, I have no problems with Mozilla... Weird..

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Anyone still having trouble? I'm embarrassed to say I just saw that this thread had newer replies in it... :glasses:

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

I still have problems. Even when I use my HTC EVO 4G phone it'll tell me the page is not available. And I've emptied my cookies several times. I'm using Firefox now but had to refresh the page 3 times.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Hey, sometimes I can get in and sometimes I can't. I'm learning to live with it. Doesn't stop me from trying everyday and I feel blessed when it does work. ;)

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

I've had some problems with DR since joining, although not with other web pages that I visit. I've used both Firefox and Google Chrome. Sometimes the site won't load at all, but clearing cache usually seems to help there.

The main issue I have is navigating between pages when reading a thread. I often get the message that the browser can't find the page when I click onto the next one. So then I have to click backward, usually several times, to go to a page that will work when I click "refresh." Then click back to the next page that I want to read. Sometimes the same thing happens when I try to post -- "page cannot be found,"and I've lost posts that way. Now I copy my post just in case I need to repaste it. If there's a more effective way to address this, someone please let me know. :smile:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I don't know what to tell you all because I never get any help out of the ZB people when I try and communicate with them about board issues. If you want to go to their support board and post you might be able to get help there. You can open a personal support ticket with them.

http://if.invisionfree.com/index/

collou-plus2

Dorothy595
May 15 2012, 02:27 PM
Hey, sometimes I can get in and sometimes I can't. I'm learning to live with it. Doesn't stop me from trying everyday and I feel blessed when it does work. ;)

This has been my experience. I get in fine on my PC at work and on my iPhone. But just the other day I was able to get in on my Mac at home. And the very next day I couldn't get in.

I've just learned to deal with it.
Edited by collou-plus2, May 21 2012, 10:44 AM.

Tash
Member Avatar

I am using it through Chrome and it goes back to my last post. I have the Dr on my favorites and it goes right to Google and it lists daytimeroyaltyonline.com. I click on it and can't get in until I hit the back button a few times. You would think it would go to the previous page I was on, but it never does. It just gets here someone.

Kara700

okay I will

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DR Member Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply