Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Today (2/17) is SN/MBE's last airdate
Topic Started: Feb 17 2009, 03:38 PM (2,103 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

And They're Out...
Try and catch DAYS today for the final airdate of Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla). As Executive Producer Ken Corday told Digest exclusively, "They're not leaving Salem. They're not dying. They're just not going to be on the air, they're not going to be on camera. You might see one or both of them pop up on other episodes, but it's not going to be a significant exit." You can say that again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Feb 17 2009, 03:38 PM
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

You might see one or both of them pop up on other episodes, but it's not going to be a significant exit." You can say that again.
Ken set himself up for that one.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So sad. But they were actually on today. So February 17th is their last airdate, not the 16th.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Feb 17 2009, 03:41 PM
So sad. But they were actually on today. So February 17th is their last airdate, not the 16th.
Oh that's funny - guess SOD got it wrong. Thanks! I'll edit the thread title.

ilovemydays

There was nothing about their scenes today to indicate that they were exiting. If I knew I probably would have paid closer attention.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Absolutely pathetic. I don't think they even realized they were writing Steve and Kayla out until the scenes had already been taped. How lazy.

My condolences to S&K fans.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

What a rotten way to treat what are historically two of the shows brightest stars.

I wonder if Stephen and Mary Beth were aware it was there last day when they were filming these scenes?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is stupid. I still don't understand why you just can't have them leave town, especially after Kayla just got shot. Just have them have an epiphany because of her nearly dying. They decide they need some time away from Salem or a new start. Hell, even if they want to have the exit take place offscreen, they can at least have Stephanie or someone mention them leaving Salem. That way they don't have to scramble for reasons why Steve and Kayla aren't around at certain things like they did Mickey since we all know that will end up happening since SN and MBE don't have to appear. They are not contracted.

I mean, they could still have them appear down the road here and there even if they leave town. This is just stupid because now they will have to put up with the same shit they did when Mickey was "there" but not really "there."

Basically, Steve and Kayla will be in the same sort of status they have been in since September, only SN and MBE will not appear in the credits and they won't be as accessible as before.

I just think they created some unnecessary issues doing it this way rather then just sending them off somehow but whatever. Part of me thinks they went back and forth on this because they wanted to see the reaction to J&M and if the ratings would drop and, when they didn't, they just decided to go with it and decided to leave it open to soften the blow.

Thanks to the sneak previews and airdates Jason47 posted, it was clear this was their last day so I prepared myself for it. You could tell no one knew or I suspect there would've been some acknowledgment by the actors even if the writing wasn't there.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 17 2009, 04:14 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 17 2009, 04:03 PM
Absolutely pathetic. I don't think they even realized they were writing Steve and Kayla out until the scenes had already been taped. How lazy.

My condolences to S&K fans.
I'm pretty sure they didn't. When Nichols and Evans were fired, they were told their last tape date was their last tape date. No one knew that was their last day on the set.

esp13
Member Avatar

^^They didn't know for sure, but they had some hints, apparently. The last scene they actually taped was the scene from yesterday at Hope's hearing. When Steve wheels Kayla out, he says "goodbye everybody" -- that was a total SN adlib because he felt like it was going to be their last scene, and it was.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

esp13
Feb 17 2009, 04:19 PM
^^They didn't know for sure, but they had some hints, apparently. The last scene they actually taped was the scene from yesterday at Hope's hearing. When Steve wheels Kayla out, he says "goodbye everybody" -- that was a total SN adlib because he felt like it was going to be their last scene, and it was.
I noticed that too. In fact, I did notice alot of hints yesterday. The looks between KA and MBE, especially Hope mouthing "thank you" to Kayla. The fact that Steve and Kayla had scenes with Bo, Hope, and Roman. The only person I would've liked to see there that wasn't was Caroline and then I could've at least said that they got scenes with their family before leaving.

It's funny because when we all first heard about Steve and Kayla being involved in the Bope story in the 2009 previews, it was said by many that it may be Steve and Kayla's last hurrah and it was. It sort of was fitting in a way because all four were always tied together and I do think it set things up nicely for an exit. Too bad the show chose not to do what I suggested because I think this was the perfect setup to just have them leave town. I mean, Steve even hinted at quitting the detective business. We also got some great scenes with them and Joe two weeks ago. It was the perfect setup for an exit but they didn't go all the way with it and instead chose to leave them in limbo.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I won't miss them.

King
Member Avatar

I won't either. Haha.

But I do feel for their fans.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I will miss them. :frown: Not because of any great storylines they've gotten since their return, but for the characters they were in the beginning. They were awesome!!! I only wish the writers could have done them justice this go around. I hope they both find luck at whatever they do next.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ridiculous! Even newbies get exits. I guess the good thing is that it makes it really easy to write them back in if they bring them back.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I want to cry right now. I hate this fucking show. Why couldn't they have sent off Abe and Lexie, or Bo and Hope, and actually written for Steve and Kayla???? Fucking shlumps. Pisses me off ...

Alligato
Member Avatar

I feel bad for the S&K fans! Even Morgan got some kind of nod before leaving.
If I woulda known this was it (I guess I haven't been paying attention on these boards), I would have paid more attention yesterday. I just remember thinking that Steve looked pretty hot and he and Kayla had matching hair.

Happy trails, MBE/SN!

oldschoolfan

I am a Steve and Kayla fan and I hate that they just have a scene and then we don't get to see them anymore. I blame the writers since their return for what they have given us in the past two years. I would love for them to come back, but not as a prop for everyone else.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Well, this sucks. I knew it was coming but didn't think about it being today. I haven't watched yet, so can't comment too much except to say how disappointed I am that the last three years were so wasted for Steve and Kayla. There was so much potential - more so than with some of the other story lines. I know that TIIC left it open for them to come back, but I hope they don't. And I don't think they will just for a scene or two unless it would be for something with Stephanie - if they should be available. By the way, did they decide to drop Kevin Dobson as Mickey without even a by your leave too?

Mason

Already?!

This is just cold. If Corday ever asks SN or MBE to make any special appearances in the future, I hope they tell him where he and his T-shirts can get off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply