Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami returns to Salem!; March 3rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 18 2009, 11:26 AM (8,823 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 12:40 PM
SocRMum1
Feb 18 2009, 12:33 PM
ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 12:08 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
But you do get that Ali Sweeney didn't write this mess...right? :huh1:
WTH are you talking about? I was referring to Alison's interview. Nothing in my post suggests that she had anything to do with the writing of the show.

Try to understand that I was ridiculing Ali's interpretation of her character's motivation and actions.
I totally understand that you are raking Ali over the coals. My point is - what would you have her do? She's being asked for "Sami's" perspective on the current story being played out. Should Ali the actress say she thinks it's stupid and terrible writing? Do ANY of the actors do that in these situations?

She's simply doing her job. She didn't write the crap but she does have to play it. Whether she agrees with the way it is being written or not - she is speaking from Sami's perspective of why she is doing what she is doing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm so glad this stupid witness protection program storyline is over and Sami can start interacting with the other cast members. I was growing so tired of scenes with Sami and pointless characters (Rafe, Hilda, Sister Theresa, etc.). I want to see Sami with EJ, Nicole, Lucas, Caroline, Roman, characters that actually have history with her.

I hate that they keep having Sami choosing between children. But the storyline has made it pretty much impossible for her not to look like a mother choosing children over children. I hope, in the future, the show remembers what happened, and they could really have the potential to give Sami the hell she put Marlena through years ago. Could you imagine, ten years from now (if DAYS is still on the air), a teenage Allie accusing Sami of abandoning her and not loving her as much as she loves EJ's kids. The groundworks there. Lets hope the writers use it.

And I'm not really liking Sami keeping the truth about Grace being alive from Lucas. I liked that he was the only one that knew about Sami's other baby. It brought back the whole Lucas/Sami scheming vibe that I loved in the 90s. If Sami should be able to trust anyone, it's Lucas. Rafe who?

I'm so excited for the new Will. I hope he can act and has chemistry with Sweeney and Bryan Dattilo.

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Feb 18 2009, 12:58 PM
ilovemydays
SocRMum1
Feb 18 2009, 12:33 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
WTH are you talking about? I was referring to Alison's interview. Nothing in my post suggests that she had anything to do with the writing of the show.

Try to understand that I was ridiculing Ali's interpretation of her character's motivation and actions.
I totally understand that you are raking Ali over the coals. My point is - what would you have her do? She's being asked for "Sami's" perspective on the current story being played out. Should Ali the actress say she thinks it's stupid and terrible writing? Do ANY of the actors do that in these situations?

She's simply doing her job. She didn't write the crap but she does have to play it. Whether she agrees with the way it is being written or not - she is speaking from Sami's perspective of why she is doing what she is doing.
What would I do? I would suggest that she to put down the industrial strength glitter because its obviously effecting her brain.
"Sophie's Choice" my ass.

To Sami's knowledge what has Lucas done that should warrant her lying and saying that her little girl being dead? If Stefano is so dangerous to small children why doesn't Sami caution Nicole to take Sydney out of that house? Why does she instead tell EJ to leave Nicole? Because Sami is lying about her motivation for hiding Grace.

And yet, Alison seems to believe that Sami is justified in her lies. :flipoff:

Thanks for posting the summary Ellie!
I might not like what Alison said but I did enjoy laughing about it. It just keeps getting funnier! Sophie's Choice! *snort*
Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 18 2009, 01:30 PM.

AidanGreensFan

ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 01:09 PM
SocRMum1
ilovemydays

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepinterpretation of her character's motivation and actions.

What would I do? I would suggest that she to put down the industrial strength glitter because its obviously effecting her brain.

To Sami's knowledge what has Lucas done that should warrant her lying and saying that her little girl being dead? If Stefano is so dangerous to small children why doesn't Sami caution Nicole to take Sydney out of that house? Why does she instead tell EJ to leave Nicole? Because Sami is lying about her motivation for hiding Grace.

I might not like what Alison said but I did enjoy laughing about it. It just keeps getting funnier! Sophie's Choice! *snort*
How is Ali's interview any different than Ari's? I've read interview after interview of AZ justifying Nicole's lies and actions. So why aren't you flipping off Ari?
Edited by AidanGreensFan, Feb 18 2009, 01:38 PM.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Quote:

I would suggest that she to put down the industrial strength glitter because its obviously effecting her brain.

Industrial Strength Glitter - line of the day.

Days does need a true blue heroine, however, I don't think the character of Sami is it. I just don't see how this storyline can establish her as some self-sacrificing long suffering heroine. Just no. Sami's hands are too unclean as well as everyone else involved in that clusterfuck. We will see how it plays out, but I can't say that I am excited about this.

I am interested to see how her and the nuWill interact. If Will isn't a hellraiser that gives his mother all kinds of grief and hell and there is no animosity and a whole lot of glossing over shit - than we will all know that the Industrial Strength Glitter was not only sprinkled liberally but also fed intravenously into Sami's veins.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
SocRMum1
ilovemydays

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepinterpretation of her character's motivation and actions.

I realize I'm just wasting my time here because it's clear your hatred of the actress/character makes it impossible to comprehend what I asked you...but I'll try one more time.

Ali NEVER said she feels Sami is justified in her lie. She simply gives the interview from the point of view that she, as the actress, portrays as Sami's motivation. Right or wrong - she HAS to play what is written.

It's absolutely no different than interviewing any other actor. When do you ever hear them say they personally despise their character and can find no redeeming quality in whatever situation they are in? It's professional suicide to do so - and thus, they don't. Did you feel the same way when Ari stated that Nicole's not scheming and that she's doing the things she's done (kidnapping babies...) from a good place in her heart? They are both in ridiculous predicaments when it comes to trying to explain why their characters are doing what they do.

Are you saying actors should always give interviews from their personal opinion rather than from the character's motivation? And if that's the case - do you care more about what the ACTOR thinks - or what the CHARACTER is doing?

AidanGreensFan

shytstarter
Feb 18 2009, 01:38 PM
Quote:

I would suggest that she to put down the industrial strength glitter because its obviously effecting her brain.

Industrial Strength Glitter - line of the day.

Days does need a true blue heroine, however, I don't think the character of Sami is it. I just don't see how this storyline can establish her as some self-sacrificing long suffering heroine. Just no. Sami's hands are too unclean as well as everyone else involved in that clusterfuck. We will see how it plays out, but I can't say that I am excited about this.

I am interested to see how her and the nuWill interact. If Will isn't a hellraiser that gives his mother all kinds of grief and hell and there is no animosity and a whole lot of glossing over shit - than we will all know that the Industrial Strength Glitter was not only sprinkled liberally but also fed intravenously into Sami's veins.
I think it's interesting that many believe Sami is supposed to be written as a glittery heroine. On what planet?

Sami is Sami and glittery she ain't.

Perhaps I could introduce you to her sister - the glittery Belle or her extremely sparkly mother Marlena?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I agree w/luvpumpkns!

WOW...It's amazing- other than AS admiting saying her daughter is DEAD is "brutal" she thinks her character is heroic? I really dont think she saw any of her characters scenes during the WP SL..because her concern wasnt for her daughter...its for herself!

I really dont think that AS has read/watched "Sophie's Choice."
Liz

ilovemydays

AidanGreensFan
ilovemydays
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepinterpretation

How is Ali's interview any different than Ari's? I've read interview after interview of AZ justifying Nicole's lies and actions. So why aren't you flipping off Ari?
Because Ari said that Nicole's lies are crazy and desperate and motivated out of her desire to keep EJ and the dream they shared.
Ari's opinion was backed up by what we saw on screen.

Alligato
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 18 2009, 01:06 PM
And I'm not really liking Sami keeping the truth about Grace being alive from Lucas. I liked that he was the only one that knew about Sami's other baby. It brought back the whole Lucas/Sami scheming vibe that I loved in the 90s. If Sami should be able to trust anyone, it's Lucas. Rafe who?
I really wish they could have gone the Lucas/Sami secret about the baby. Lucas has been awesome and compassionate with Sami the whole time, and has taken her side. Kind of a slap in the face to lie to him, not to mention to say her baby is dead. Pretty sick.

AS - seriously find another comparison. Sophie's Choice? :shrug: Not even close.

I understand AS is trying to sell her story. Maybe she wants to get back into the EJami story because she knows that is where she got the most attention, and knowing that Ari has been getting all the accolades, she needs her share. I wouldn't blame her.
But having Rafe back and kissing her, wanting to be next to Lucas and taking her wifely place, and her "under the surface" feelngs for EJ - something has GOT to give.
But hey, as long as she isn't crying, I should be happy.

Thanks so much for sharing the article!

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Feb 18 2009, 01:40 PM
ilovemydays
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepinterpretation

I realize I'm just wasting my time here because it's clear your hatred of the actress/character makes it impossible to comprehend what I asked you...but I'll try one more time.

Ali NEVER said she feels Sami is justified in her lie. She simply gives the interview from the point of view that she, as the actress, portrays as Sami's motivation. Right or wrong - she HAS to play what is written.

It's absolutely no different than interviewing any other actor. When do you ever hear them say they personally despise their character and can find no redeeming quality in whatever situation they are in? It's professional suicide to do so - and thus, they don't. Did you feel the same way when Ari stated that Nicole's not scheming and that she's doing the things she's done (kidnapping babies...) from a good place in her heart? They are both in ridiculous predicaments when it comes to trying to explain why their characters are doing what they do.

Are you saying actors should always give interviews from their personal opinion rather than from the character's motivation? And if that's the case - do you care more about what the ACTOR thinks - or what the CHARACTER is doing?
I understand what you asked but perhaps in your lame attempt to taunt me you forgot what you asked:

"My point is - what would you have her do?"

For the record I don't hate the actress. It is true that I find her acting to be mediocre at best and that I have contempt for her interpretations of her character's motivations. Its also true that I think that the character of Sami is a waste of airtime. IMO, if DAYS wanted a glittery new heroine they should have brought back Belle and Martha M.

Try to understand that I'm not faulting Alison for what her character is doing. I'm well aware that she isn't responsible for her character's actions.
Again, try to follow, I was ridiculing Alison for her comments about what she said about her character's actions. Specifically her comments about "Sophie's Choice".

I guess you haven't seen or read "Sophie's Choice" or you would understand my previous comments.
Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 18 2009, 02:08 PM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

ugh, stupid baby switch story.....gee i wonder how this will all turn out? *rolls eyes*

Faye

So Sami feels more comfortable to leave her baby at the convent and just go and ruin EJ and Nicole's happiness.. Geez she's so logical!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 01:56 PM
SocRMum1
ilovemydays

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepinterpretationI do? I would suggest that she to put down the industrial strength glitter because its obviously effecting her brain.

I understand what you asked but perhaps in your lame attempt to taunt me you forgot what you asked:

For the record I don't hate the actress. It is true that I find her acting to be mediocre at best and that I have contempt for her interpretations of her character's motivations. Its also true that I think that the character of Sami is a waste of airtime. IMO, if DAYS wanted a glittery new heroine they should have brought back Belle and Martha M.

Try to understand that I'm not faulting Alison for what her character is doing. I'm well aware that she isn't responsible for her character's actions.
Again, try to follow, I was ridiculing Alison for her comments about what she said about her character's actions. Specifically her comments about "Sophie's Choice".

I guess you haven't seen or read "Sophie's Choice" or you would understand my previous comments.
Hmmm...such hostility. My apologies for assuming you despise Ali Sweeney and the character she plays. Wherever did I get that from? :$

But you still didn't answer my question...
What would you have her do? Give the interview based on the actor's personal feelings or the character's perspective?

And as for this:
Quote:

Pot - meet kettle. No way am I taking that bait. ;)

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Boooooooooooring..... :sleep:

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Feb 18 2009, 02:58 PM
ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 01:56 PM
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepinterpretationI

Hmmm...such hostility. My apologies for assuming you despise Ali Sweeney and the character she plays. Wherever did I get that from? :$

But you still didn't answer my question...
What would you have her do? Give the interview based on the actor's personal feelings or the character's perspective?

And as for this:
Quote:

Pot - meet kettle. No way am I taking that bait. ;)
LOL, you didn't have to reply to my remark about "Sophie's Choice" your posts said it all. ;)
Quote:

I was giving you the benefit of doubt that your question was rhetorical. My bad! :laugh:
Obviously, since I believe Alison is only acting and not writing she can only remark upon her interpretation of her character's behavior. Only the writers (and theoretically the character) can state the characters perspective.

Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 18 2009, 03:54 PM.

AidanGreensFan

ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 01:48 PM
AidanGreensFan
ilovemydays

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepinterpretationI do? I would suggest that she to put down the industrial strength glitter because its obviously effecting her brain.

Because Ari said that Nicole's lies are crazy and desperate and motivated out of her desire to keep EJ and the dream they shared.
Ari's opinion was backed up by what we saw on screen.

Which is a justification. She's justifying Nicole's actions and lies.

Just as Ali justified Sami's. It's the exact same thing.

ilovemydays

^^ Oh good grief! Since when is being crazy and desperate a justification for anything?
"Gee officer I stole that car because I was desperate for a ride home." "In that case off you go."

It was NOT a justification it was an EXPLANATION.
Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 18 2009, 03:18 PM.

AidanGreensFan

ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 03:16 PM

^^ Oh good grief! Since when is being crazy and desperate a justification for anything?
"Gee officer I stole that car because I was desperate for a ride home." "In that case off you go."

It was NOT a justification it was an EXPLANATION.

Or it could also be called an excuse. I have also read interviews with Ari where she states "Nicole isn't a bad person" and "Nicole loves EJ" and "Nicole is hurt" - all of those things are justifications for Nicole's actions. The same way Ali saying Sami is trying to protect her child from Stefano is a justification for keeping her from EJ.

Clearly you believe that Nicole shits gold bricks but these two actresses are just selling their stories in the same fashion.

Are y'all aware that Ari and Ali have a serious love fest between them? They'd probably be horrified at the crap slung here about each other.

ilovemydays

Then you clearly haven't paid any attention to the posts or maybe your too busy counting the gold bricks you think Ali is crapping because I didn't say anything in this thread about Nicole's lies being justified.

Seriously, I bet if Ali could take back that stupid "Sophie's Choice" comment she would. Just because I think Sami is a dumbass doesn't mean I think the actress is.

Allow me to clarify, I don't hate Alison. I have admitted that I think she's an average actress but I think she's an excellent host on TBL. I also liked her work on "Fear Factor". Who knows, maybe she'll see the viewers comments about her shabby acting and her competitive nature will kick in and she'll get some acting lessons. I, for one would be happy if she would just stop phoning it in.

Edited by ilovemydays, Feb 18 2009, 03:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply