Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami returns to Salem!; March 3rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 18 2009, 11:26 AM (8,662 Views)
luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

angmc
Mar 3 2009, 08:34 PM
Hmmm.. Glitter and Sami..Why do I keep hearing about that lately? :huh1:

Anyhoo...I'm not quite sure how the character of Nicole has grown and evolved. When she left Salem she was all about money. When she came back she wanted Victor's money. More than once she has mentioned that she will get the money she is due having a DiMera baby. The only difference now is that she is professing a desire for a family. Which is all fine since that urge comes at different times for women. But she hasn't changed. She's now scheming and plotting to keep Sami away from her own baby and has been lying to everyone in order to keep this fantasy intact. How is she any different from when she left other than the fact that Ari gets more screen time time and might have improved as an actress?

Yet many on this board will say that Sami hasn't evolved. Yet Sami is the one who made a sacrifice (whether you agree with it or not) by hiding her baby from EJ to protect her from Stefano. Also, regardless of whether you think Sami is in love with Lucas or EJ, the old Sami would have been doing everything in her power to break up EJ/Nicole or Lucas/Chloe but she's not. She's more concerned about the welfare of her children rather than her own happiness. She also didn't want to tell EJ about the baby because she didn't want him to choose her out of obligation instead of love. Would the old Sami Brady have cared about that?

In many ways Sami and Nicole are the same character. So I don't quite understand this idea that Sami's hasn't grown yet Nicole has bloomed like a rose. Both are bitches who make snarky comments and like to plot and scheme to get what they want. But Sami is now being moved into the young heroine role (which I personally do not like) and her plots/schemes are not intended to cause harm anymore. While Nicole is the villainess who will need to be redeemed for all her evil deeds....JMO
i fully agree that nicole has not changed much. the only thing about her that has changed, i think, is that she is no longer all-consumed with money. i challenge anyone to find me lines from either her relationship with ej, or her previous one with brady that indicated she was after money. like i was saying on SC, soaps tend to be about as subtle as a sledgehammer about these things. if we were supposed to think nicole only wanted ej's money, we'd get more than one or two throw-away lines made in front of ej himself that referenced his money. nicole has had plenty of 'talking to herself' moments on the show, and if her interest were money, that would have come up at some point, but it has not.

i just cannot find a reason to like sami, anymore, and a lot of it is due to this half-assed 'let's make her the new marlena' crap from the pen of dena higley. i do not beleive that sami is hiding grace to protect her. what i believe is that sami has lied about every pregnancy she's had, and this one was no different. besides, nicole and ej boffing on the sofa was what determined sami to keep lying, not stefano. so i'm never going to buy that she's doing the wrong thing for the right reason. sami never does anything for the right reason, so why should i believe she's done a 180 in the past few months? and the idea that she is sacrificing her own happiness for the welfare of her children? come on. she picked up johnny and dropped him off at daycare two seconds after their reunion to go see lucas and bitch about chloe. she argued with nicole instead of rushing off to be with her children. this is not the behavior of a woman all-consumed with her kids--it's the behavior of a woman who's all-consumed with her previous romantic partners and their love interests.

so for me, the idea that sami has somehow been redeemed into a heroine is as laughable as the idea that nicole has. the scary thing is that it's obvious TPTB aren't going that route with nicole, but they are with sami, and it's leading to the total destruction of what most people have always liked about her( that she's scheming, decisive, etc). she wasn't a success on the show for fifteen years playing a heroine. i wish someone in power at days would keep that in mind, that's all. however, if they persist on redeeming her, then they really need to do it instead of pretending sami is redeemed all while she is up to the same old tricks she always has been.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 4 2009, 08:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ awesome post!!!

Just to add...Sami never pays. I think it was Nicle who said, if just one person in Sami's life let her pay for all her schemes and crimes, then maybe she would grow up. But thats never been the case.

On the other hand, most people have no doubt that Nicole will be paying...and in spades. That's half the fun of watching these kinds of characters--they always make up schemes, people tell them that their lies will be exposed in the end, they end up paying (usually drunk) then they pick themselves up and build back their life. Theyre survivors.

Sami not a survivor because every time she's in trouble by her own doing, someone's there with not only a life jacket, but a huge yacht ready to whisk her away to her new rent-free apartment!
Liz

Alligato
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 4 2009, 09:03 AM
Sami not a survivor because every time she's in trouble by her own doing, someone's there with not only a life jacket, but a huge yacht ready to whisk her away to her new rent-free apartment!
Liz

I think that is one of the reasons that I used to love Sami so much...she used to get into so much trouble all from her own doing and stupid schemes, but when she got busted, it didn't even phase her...she was always so justified by what she did. It was great.

But in her past two crazy schemes, like when she was busted at her Stan wedding, Austin was there to pick her up and tell her how wonderful she was, so she fell in love with him. Then when she tricked Carrie and lied about Austin, EJ was there to pick her up and tell her how wonderful she was and she fell for him.
I have no clue why those guys fell in love with her after her craziness, but I think she loves it when someone rescues her...I think that is why she is falling for Rafe...who is currently picking her up and telling her how wonderful she is.

I wish they would find the oldSami, the one who rescued herself and wasn't so whiny. I always thought Sami would be the new Kate...but really Sami is being set up for the new Marlena...one who can't seem to be complete without a man.

Livie

For the idea of Sami not paying for her misdeeds, I have to disagree. In fact that is half the fun of watching Sami, she always gets caught and pays. Those of us who are fans of hers do not cheer on her misdeeds as I have seen some of the baby stealers cheerleaders do..we sit back and bite our nails as we hope and pray she will fix things before they go completely haywire, we exhort her to tell the truth, but know in our hearts that is just not Sami. Which is what is happening now with the "Grace" situation.

In this lie she has told by not telling, Nicole has made her pay by stealing her child from her. Now to do that, Nicole had to be a real piece of work herself since to accomplish her deed she dumped the baby she told Mia she would protect and love.

Sami has always been caught. If anyone can name one scheme she did that did not catch her up and cost her dearly in terms of the love and support of her family or worse, then I will eat my words in a figurative sense. To Sami, the love of her family is very important, and her schemes have always resulted in them scorning her. She pays.

I had to laugh when Nicole uttered those words about Sami never paying. To me, Sami paid up quite enough when she got put to death. It is Nicole who really gets away with things. She kept quiet about Jan Spears having Shawn locked up, and used the info to get Jan to do her dirty work on Victor. I never saw Nicole pay for that one in any sense of the word, except that in the end she did lose Brady. I guess I am referring to legally paying, since Nicole has paid in her emotional losses.

But the fact is, Sami also pays. And those who say the only reason Sami did not tell EJ was seeing Nicole and him on the couch..well, to me that was a good reason not to tell him at that time, as it was, Nicole was accusing Sami of spying on them making love. Bitch! And as for not fearing Stefano, it seems all of Sami's instincts are correct as Stefano is going to be the one who ordered the hit on the mayor after all. I realize Stefano has not done anything to harm Sami "this month", but he has done plenty in the past and her fear is well placed.

People hate Sami for being "glittered" up as a heroine or someone who is self sacrificing. Do they hate Julie who also went through the same transformation? I think not. Of course I can understand those who champion Nicole hating it, I hated when they were "whitewashing" Nicole with her miracle baby, as if a pregnancy could change what a person really is like.

As for money, it may not be Nicole's sole motivation, but it is definitely part of the package she thinks she is getting with EJ. Her remark the one time about "this baby is a DiMera, so I will get my share".. that is her "tell".

For the past three years, it has been evident that the writers are changing Sami to become as some say, the new Marlena character. The writing though, been uneven, unbelievable, and unworthy of the show. The idea that Sami 'sacrificed' herself to save Lucas by having sex with EJ was the beginning. It continued with Sami saving her family by marrying EJ..but in between we did have scenes of her and EJ defying Andre and Stefano to keep the twins safe, and those were a glimpse of what Sami is capable of when her children are endangered. The hiding of "Grace" is another example of this.

Now this lie that Sami is weaving herself in is stupid, but again, her motivation is not to hurt EJ, it is to save the baby. We in the audience may think it is nuts, but it is her motivation. That is what is on screen. I puked when I would see Nicole raving about her miracle, but it is what was on screen so I had to go along. Only Nicole showed her true colors again when she donned the Baby Serta, then when she dumped Mias baby to trade up. Her motivation may be to get EJ's child for EJ, or it could be to steal from Sami what is Sami's in every sense. We have a ways to go on this, but I am betting on the second scenario.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i can name one. i'm pretty sure sami knew about claire being shawn's child and kept it a secret. i think it was intended for her to blackmail mimi with it somehow, but the storyline was dropped and never mentioned again, so no one found out. anyway, sami and nicole and other soap characters are pretty much alike in that they never really 'pay' for anything. yea, sami was scorned in her family, but it's not as if they all quit speaking to her. people in her family tried to believe the best in her for the most part and gave her second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. chances. nicole is only different in that she was written off after some of her schemes. neither have ever really legally paid for anything they did wrong, so you can't really make a solid argument that either has really gotten what she deserved based on her actions.

you also say that you hated when nicole went all sappy and do-gooder during her pregnancy, so you can surely understand why some of us are irritated when it is done with sami. that coupled with the fact that sami's transformation into a heroine has been accompanied by a lot of whining and crying on the character's part, you can probably see why some former sami fans might not enjoy her as much anymore. like i said, i always loved that sami was so decisive and would do anything to get what she wanted. i enjoy the same thing about nicole. but right now, sami is waffling between literally, three men right now while nicole is determined to just have one.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 4 2009, 11:09 AM.

Livie

no she did not know..what she knew and kept a secret was that Miimi had a abortion of Rex's baby, thinking she could put that info to use later. It ended up being a dropped story line. Sami, in the end loved her sister Bellee very much, and was in her corner. And yes, I did hate it when Nicole was written to fool some of the general audience into thinking she was some kind of earth mother. We see now exactly what she is, and I would hate the writing if I were a Nicole fan, as she is weepy, whiny, weak kneed, and written as anything but a noble self sacrificing mother. She is meant to be despised in this instance, and I say Ari is playing it very well.

Sami is meant to be shown as someone who is trying her best to do what she believes is right for her children. I do not agree with her, and wish she would confess to EJ right this minute, but as I said, her motivation is being shown in her actions and dialogue. As to Nicoles, as of yet, it is not clear that she is doing this completely to swipe Sami's life, but since she has fantasized about killing Sami at least three times, I would say her writing as a complete villain is not yet finished. However, they may save her yet with the old post-partum-depression syndrom save.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I guess we see different things.
It has been clear to the audience as to Nicole's motivations--she first wanted a baby to keep EJ and her family.
Then she switched the babies because she didnt want EJ baby raised by anyone but EJ. She still cares for Mia's baby and wish she could raised both...she was said those words on screen. Now whether you believe her "monologue", thats your call.

Sami's intentions (from my perspective) was first to hide the pregnancy because she didnt want EJ to know...so thats why she accepted going to WP...She said it in the Police Station. She said that the WPP would give her the time to think about how to hide the baby from EJ. Now, she's been saying that EJ's a good father but doesnt trust him to raise another child? And she totally thinks Johnny's going to be a "DiMera?" Then we have her little speech about EJ never finding out to Lucas? Very inconsistent??
Liz

Livie

If Sami's first and main motivation was to hide it from EJ, she could have done several things..the first being have an abortion. She did try twice to tell him, and the hurt she felt both by being beaten to the punch by Nicole due to Johns interference. Then, finding EJ and Nicole stripped to the waist about to do the deed stopped her due to the shock, and not wanting them to see her and the humiliation and hurt she no doubt felt, the situation was made worse and compounded by the mayor's body and the gunman threatening her. Sami wanted to tell EJ, but circumstances stopped her. Which is classic soap angst. Misunderstanding, and circumstance combine to keep the true rooting couple apart. Staple of romance novels as well. And the other thing people seem to be not hearing is how many times Sami has said it is not EJ she is concerned about, but Stefano. She wanted EJ to leave the mansion with her and the kids and he refused. In her absence he has gotten deeper into the DiMera mess. That is what frightens Sami. It is not EJ. The reality is that she is a whole lot less frightened of EJ than Nicole is. That to me is hilarious. Nicole is boot shaking terrified of him. Her dreams show it, her actions show it, and how can that be the feelings of someone who loves someone? She does not love EJ. She loves Brady. Brady knows Nicole does not love EJ..Sami knows Nicole does not love EJ, I think even Stefano knows Nicole does not love EJ. Deep down, I think EJ knows Nicole does not love him as well. He knows a lot of her fascination for him comes from her deep hatred and envy of Sami. The quicker it is shown to be the case, the better for all Nicole fans.
Edited by Livie, Mar 4 2009, 06:45 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 4 2009, 05:12 PM
Sami's intentions (from my perspective) was first to hide the pregnancy because she didnt want EJ to know...so thats why she accepted going to WP...She said it in the Police Station. She said that the WPP would give her the time to think about how to hide the baby from EJ. Now, she's been saying that EJ's a good father but doesnt trust him to raise another child? And she totally thinks Johnny's going to be a "DiMera?" Then we have her little speech about EJ never finding out to Lucas? Very inconsistent??
Liz
this is my problem too..with the whole storyline--inconsistency. sami has been sooo inconsistent from the beginning of the storyline to now, she's hardly ever said the same thing twice. first she told rafe that the father of her baby was evil and horrible and he could never know the truth about her pregnancy. then it wasn't the father that was the problem, it was the grandfather. then two weeks later, WHOOPS, it's not the grandfather that's so worrisome, it's the new fiancee. even to this day, sami can't seem to make up her mind who's she's afraid of--in front of ej, it's nicole of course, in front of rafe, it's either stefano or nicole. it changes constantly. then you have her 'reasoning' for leaving grace behind. most of the time it's because she has to protect her. then this week she tells rafe that grace has to stay in the orphange because 'she needs to focus on johnny.' wait...is this the same kid that you said it was 'too late to save' not six months ago, to the same person no less?

the inconsistencies are so mind-boggling and inexplicable that it's hard for me to buy sami's words at face value. she changes her mind so often(even to her sounding board, rafe) that i don't see how anyone can firmly put their finger on what she really means.

and laptop, never on a soap have i seen a woman intentionally keep a child from a biological father and it be chalked up to a misunderstanding. i've also never seen the woman of a 'meant-to-be' pairing be absolutely devastated to be pregnant(BOTH times) with the guy's child. nothing about this situation can be defined as a couple kept apart by circumstances. ej and sami have always been kept apart because sami(for whatever reason you attribute her behavior to) just doesn't want to be with him.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Mar 5 2009, 10:48 PM.

Livie

no..sami would love to be with ej..if she did not hate herself for feeling that way..she knows she should not, since it does not make sense..but that is what is so compelling about this pairing..it makes no sense except to those of us who look at the two of them, whether they are loving each other, fighting each other, or trying to pretend the other does not exist..it is just there..as sami tells nicole today "whatever it is between ej and me, it is still there"..nicole also knows it. but now we have sami admitting it while ej is trying to ignore it.

but the evidence in how ej reacted to seeing rafe and sami together tells the story. and no matter what sami told rafe, even he saw through and said as much..you have to listen to everything, not just what you want to hear.

btw..back to nicole bashing..man that hairdo..she only needs the thigh high leather boots along with the black leather bustier and a whip..dominatrix much?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i'm not saying ej and sami won't end up together--they very well might. but nothing about this pairing can be compared or related to past supercouples or romantic couples in harlequin romances. ej and sami aren't together because sami herself has made that choice--it's no misunderstanding or circumstance driving them apart--it's that sami doesn't trust ej to do right by her or their children.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

laptop
Mar 4 2009, 10:48 AM
For the idea of Sami not paying for her misdeeds, I have to disagree. In fact that is half the fun of watching Sami, she always gets caught and pays. Those of us who are fans of hers do not cheer on her misdeeds as I have seen some of the baby stealers cheerleaders do..we sit back and bite our nails as we hope and pray she will fix things before they go completely haywire, we exhort her to tell the truth, but know in our hearts that is just not Sami. Which is what is happening now with the "Grace" situation.

In this lie she has told by not telling, Nicole has made her pay by stealing her child from her. Now to do that, Nicole had to be a real piece of work herself since to accomplish her deed she dumped the baby she told Mia she would protect and love.

Sami has always been caught. If anyone can name one scheme she did that did not catch her up and cost her dearly in terms of the love and support of her family or worse, then I will eat my words in a figurative sense. To Sami, the love of her family is very important, and her schemes have always resulted in them scorning her. She pays.

I had to laugh when Nicole uttered those words about Sami never paying. To me, Sami paid up quite enough when she got put to death. It is Nicole who really gets away with things. She kept quiet about Jan Spears having Shawn locked up, and used the info to get Jan to do her dirty work on Victor. I never saw Nicole pay for that one in any sense of the word, except that in the end she did lose Brady. I guess I am referring to legally paying, since Nicole has paid in her emotional losses.

But the fact is, Sami also pays. And those who say the only reason Sami did not tell EJ was seeing Nicole and him on the couch..well, to me that was a good reason not to tell him at that time, as it was, Nicole was accusing Sami of spying on them making love. Bitch! And as for not fearing Stefano, it seems all of Sami's instincts are correct as Stefano is going to be the one who ordered the hit on the mayor after all. I realize Stefano has not done anything to harm Sami "this month", but he has done plenty in the past and her fear is well placed.

People hate Sami for being "glittered" up as a heroine or someone who is self sacrificing. Do they hate Julie who also went through the same transformation? I think not. Of course I can understand those who champion Nicole hating it, I hated when they were "whitewashing" Nicole with her miracle baby, as if a pregnancy could change what a person really is like.

As for money, it may not be Nicole's sole motivation, but it is definitely part of the package she thinks she is getting with EJ. Her remark the one time about "this baby is a DiMera, so I will get my share".. that is her "tell".

For the past three years, it has been evident that the writers are changing Sami to become as some say, the new Marlena character. The writing though, been uneven, unbelievable, and unworthy of the show. The idea that Sami 'sacrificed' herself to save Lucas by having sex with EJ was the beginning. It continued with Sami saving her family by marrying EJ..but in between we did have scenes of her and EJ defying Andre and Stefano to keep the twins safe, and those were a glimpse of what Sami is capable of when her children are endangered. The hiding of "Grace" is another example of this.

Now this lie that Sami is weaving herself in is stupid, but again, her motivation is not to hurt EJ, it is to save the baby. We in the audience may think it is nuts, but it is her motivation. That is what is on screen. I puked when I would see Nicole raving about her miracle, but it is what was on screen so I had to go along. Only Nicole showed her true colors again when she donned the Baby Serta, then when she dumped Mias baby to trade up. Her motivation may be to get EJ's child for EJ, or it could be to steal from Sami what is Sami's in every sense. We have a ways to go on this, but I am betting on the second scenario.

Wow,,what a fantastic post..I agree with it totally. :hail:

MCKELLY

laptop
Mar 4 2009, 06:40 PM
If Sami's first and main motivation was to hide it from EJ, she could have done several things..the first being have an abortion. She did try twice to tell him, and the hurt she felt both by being beaten to the punch by Nicole due to Johns interference. Then, finding EJ and Nicole stripped to the waist about to do the deed stopped her due to the shock, and not wanting them to see her and the humiliation and hurt she no doubt felt, the situation was made worse and compounded by the mayor's body and the gunman threatening her. Sami wanted to tell EJ, but circumstances stopped her. Which is classic soap angst. Misunderstanding, and circumstance combine to keep the true rooting couple apart. Staple of romance novels as well. And the other thing people seem to be not hearing is how many times Sami has said it is not EJ she is concerned about, but Stefano. She wanted EJ to leave the mansion with her and the kids and he refused. In her absence he has gotten deeper into the DiMera mess. That is what frightens Sami. It is not EJ. The reality is that she is a whole lot less frightened of EJ than Nicole is. That to me is hilarious. Nicole is boot shaking terrified of him. Her dreams show it, her actions show it, and how can that be the feelings of someone who loves someone? She does not love EJ. She loves Brady. Brady knows Nicole does not love EJ..Sami knows Nicole does not love EJ, I think even Stefano knows Nicole does not love EJ. Deep down, I think EJ knows Nicole does not love him as well. He knows a lot of her fascination for him comes from her deep hatred and envy of Sami. The quicker it is shown to be the case, the better for all Nicole fans.
Brilliant post laptop! ITA!

:applause:

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Sami doesn't always pay, and when she does, she gets off pretty easy most of the time. Her family gets mad at her for a while, and then they get over it. She did lose her job at the hospital for pulling crap on Lexie, trying to switch Theo's paternity. That's one of the few times she faced real consequences.

She was never held accountable for pushing drugs on John and trying to encourage his addiction while he was fighting to get clean. She even attacked him one time with a syringe, injecting him, and then literally kicked him when he was down on the ground. It made me sick watching that. It was despicable, even for Sami. To this day, no one but John even knows she did that.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Stroke of the pen, folks.....stroke of the pen......a character's motivations and feelings can change in an instant and be reconned, or whatever the word is. I'm not even sure why these debates keep going on. I WILL agree, though, that Sami doesn't always pay. Sometimes she does, but even with the Stan reveal, Lucas apparently eventually forgave her. Or do we forget the Green Wedding? And, Pudge Goddess, very excellent point about Stan getting John all drugged up.
I'm sure, I'm sorry to say, that Sami will either end up with EJ again or at the very least, Ejole will break up. But right now, I'm starting to kinda like Nicole with Brady. Maybe that's why they suddenly turned EJ into snarling misogynist bastard towards her.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ladyofthelake
Mar 8 2009, 07:42 AM
Stroke of the pen, folks.....stroke of the pen......a character's motivations and feelings can change in an instant and be reconned, or whatever the word is. I'm not even sure why these debates keep going on. I WILL agree, though, that Sami doesn't always pay. Sometimes she does, but even with the Stan reveal, Lucas apparently eventually forgave her. Or do we forget the Green Wedding? And, Pudge Goddess, very excellent point about Stan getting John all drugged up.
I'm sure, I'm sorry to say, that Sami will either end up with EJ again or at the very least, Ejole will break up. But right now, I'm starting to kinda like Nicole with Brady. Maybe that's why they suddenly turned EJ into snarling misogynist bastard towards her.
I think you are right on the money with this. For a while what we saw was EJ bending over backward, tolerating Nicole's 'pregnancy' hormones and never so much as showing frustration toward her - all leading up to the happy little bubble they are supposed to be in. But now we're seeing EJ screaming in her face, throwing glasses across the room, telling her she is never to discuss his business dealings with him and demanding she end all association with Brady - while Brady is encouraging her to be who she is, to recognize that she's worthy and beautiful and a good person and :blah:

I think it's all setting up the next phase of the story - to build some sort of sympathy for Nicole so when the lies implode all around her all of the sympathy won't be with EJ and when he reacts like a total bastard to her there will be some in the audience who will think she's better off with Brady, anyway.

Daysnet Australia
Member Avatar

I am so confused with this storyline. Why is Sami hiding a baby from EJ? She already has a baby with him and get this.... it's a son. Yeah a son! A son that can continue the Di Mera Blood Line and Name!!! What difference is it that she has a daughter by him? He hasn't taken Johnny away from her. In fact he's willing to share custody? There have been so many ridiculous storylines in the past but nothing comes close to a storyline that has no basis for clear thinking people. Sure Sami has never been clear thinking but please.
All she has to do is say that Rafe introduced her to the mission when she was on the run from the killer, she stumbled across a baby on the door step, the mission took it in and Sami got attached to it. She decided to adopt it. It worked for Loretta Young when she had an affair with Clark Gable, disappeared for a few months and returned with an adopted daughter only to find out later she really was Clark Gable's daughter.
Doesnt anyone read the history books any more?

Livie

Daysnet Australia
Mar 13 2009, 06:45 PM
I am so confused with this storyline. Why is Sami hiding a baby from EJ? She already has a baby with him and get this.... it's a son. Yeah a son! A son that can continue the Di Mera Blood Line and Name!!! What difference is it that she has a daughter by him? He hasn't taken Johnny away from her. In fact he's willing to share custody? There have been so many ridiculous storylines in the past but nothing comes close to a storyline that has no basis for clear thinking people. Sure Sami has never been clear thinking but please.
All she has to do is say that Rafe introduced her to the mission when she was on the run from the killer, she stumbled across a baby on the door step, the mission took it in and Sami got attached to it. She decided to adopt it. It worked for Loretta Young when she had an affair with Clark Gable, disappeared for a few months and returned with an adopted daughter only to find out later she really was Clark Gable's daughter.
Ok can definitely see your confusion..but the writing is as follows: Stefano confronted Sami in the purple hazed hospital episodes and told her in his most bwahhahahaaha voice how he wanted her to be the brood mare for more DiMera babies so he could mold them into true DiMeras. Since EJ had already threatened to gain custody of Johnny and leave with him for England by means of bribing a judge, Sami believed the only way to keep Stefano from controlling any other babies she bore from EJ was to hide the fact that she carried another child. To add to her fear of that, she then comes upon Nicole who also is informing EJ she is pg by him..so Sami did not tell him then, not wanting to be second fiddle maybe? All we know is she was angry at did not tell him then. The next time she tried to tell him, she finds him and Nicole about to encrust the antique sofa in the DiMera mansion..instead of breaking in and busting up their tryst, she runs away, only to find the mayor dead, and his killer drawing a bead on her.

The shared custody you speak of only applies to Johnny if Sami was living in the mansion. As of now, EJ has sole custody..Sami has visitation rights. Does that clear anything up for you.

As for the Grace thing, Sami thought about telling EJ the truth, but finds he is still involved too heavily with his Papa..and yes, she probably is going to do a fake foster or adoption thing..but remember, even this stupid EJ may eventually remember Sami fainting and ending up at the hospital, Lucas's smirky talks, Johnny's pointing to his mums tum and saying baby???

EJ may yet awaken from the Nicoma. He may yet get his one ball out of Nicoles purse, and the other one out of his Dad's pocket. Then the show should get very good.

As far a story lines needing a basis for clear thinking people, that is something I do not expect from any soap, heck I even cut CSI a break on a lot of stuff!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

laptop
Mar 13 2009, 07:35 PM
Daysnet Australia
Mar 13 2009, 06:45 PM
Ok can definitely see your confusion..but the writing is as follows: Stefano confronted Sami in the purple hazed hospital episodes and told her in his most bwahhahahaaha voice how he wanted her to be the brood mare for more DiMera babies so he could mold them into true DiMeras. Since EJ had already threatened to gain custody of Johnny and leave with him for England by means of bribing a judge, Sami believed the only way to keep Stefano from controlling any other babies she bore from EJ was to hide the fact that she carried another child. To add to her fear of that, she then comes upon Nicole who also is informing EJ she is pg by him..so Sami did not tell him then, not wanting to be second fiddle maybe? All we know is she was angry at did not tell him then. The next time she tried to tell him, she finds him and Nicole about to encrust the antique sofa in the DiMera mansion..instead of breaking in and busting up their tryst, she runs away, only to find the mayor dead, and his killer drawing a bead on her.

The shared custody you speak of only applies to Johnny if Sami was living in the mansion. As of now, EJ has sole custody..Sami has visitation rights. Does that clear anything up for you.

As for the Grace thing, Sami thought about telling EJ the truth, but finds he is still involved too heavily with his Papa..and yes, she probably is going to do a fake foster or adoption thing..but remember, even this stupid EJ may eventually remember Sami fainting and ending up at the hospital, Lucas's smirky talks, Johnny's pointing to his mums tum and saying baby???

EJ may yet awaken from the Nicoma. He may yet get his one ball out of Nicoles purse, and the other one out of his Dad's pocket. Then the show should get very good.

As far a story lines needing a basis for clear thinking people, that is something I do not expect from any soap, heck I even cut CSI a break on a lot of stuff!

Great post! You've pretty much summed it up as succinctly as possible.

I have said from the beginning that I hate the way this has been written - but it is what it is. They are trying to give Sami's motivations more weight than they had done so far, but I agree it's all very lame. From the retcon of Nicole being able to get pregnant with the miracle baby, EJ becoming a complete and utter doofus with both women and Sami's bi-polar emotions in regard to everything having to do with EJ it's just poorly written.

Alligato
Member Avatar

No, DaysnetAustralia, you had it right from the beginning.
Sami is a total idiot...who hasn't made sense in ages. And the only thing it has to do with Nicole is that Sami is so damn mad that she lost her lapdog to him that she withheld the truth to punish EJ.

OUt of all three characters, Sami is the one who has totally lost her balls and brains. At least the other two can claim "blinded by love" for their stupidity. :)

Welcome to the board!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply