Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami returns to Salem!; March 3rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 18 2009, 11:26 AM (8,570 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Mar 13 2009, 09:34 PM
No, DaysnetAustralia, you had it right from the beginning.
Sami is a total idiot...who hasn't made sense in ages. And the only thing it has to do with Nicole is that Sami is so damn mad that she lost her lapdog to him that she withheld the truth to punish EJ.

OUt of all three characters, Sami is the one who has totally lost her balls and brains. At least the other two can claim "blinded by love" for their stupidity. :)

Welcome to the board!
:huh: You're kidding...right?

Nicole is blinded by love...for herself. Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

From what I have been watching recently, EJ and Nicole seem to be blissfully in love...the big declarations, the engagement ring, talk of marriage brought on by EJ, the naked embraces, the proclamations of "never being happier" from both of them, etc.
What more do they need to do? Fight all the time? Harass each other? Roll their eyes? Run out of bed after other men? Will it be true love then?

But again, we see what we want to see. I'll admit that. But I try to leave behind my bias when actually watching the show.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Mar 13 2009, 09:54 PM

What more do they need to do? Fight all the time? Harass each other? Roll their eyes? Run out of bed after other men? Will it be true love then?

Hmmm...well for starters, how about telling the truth? Starting with the fact that she lost their baby months ago and elected not to tell him or give him the opportunity to grieve that loss with her. Or the whole thing with strapping on the rubber baby belly while she ran around town 'shopping for a bargain basement baby to pass off' as his. And then the topper - that not only did she find such a baby, but as it turns out there was a special and lucky her she got to trade up by stealing the baby that Sami had just had. So instead of telling EJ that Sami was pregnant, reportedly with his baby, and letting him deal with it she opted to keep that a secret from him, too - and then kidnap/steal the baby. Oh...and I almost forgot - but to top it all off she has been lying to him for all these months but trusted Brady enough to confide in him.

Yep...that's true love for you. :rolleyes:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Um ... this is a soap. When the hell did lying and keeping a secret from someone mean they didn't love them?
Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 13 2009, 10:03 PM
Alligato
Mar 13 2009, 09:54 PM

Hmmm...well for starters, how about telling the truth? Starting with the fact that she lost their baby months ago and elected not to tell him or give him the opportunity to grieve that loss with her. Or the whole thing with strapping on the rubber baby belly while she ran around town 'shopping for a bargain basement baby to pass off' as his. And then the topper - that not only did she find such a baby, but as it turns out there was a special and lucky her she got to trade up by stealing the baby that Sami had just had. So instead of telling EJ that Sami was pregnant, reportedly with his baby, and letting him deal with it she opted to keep that a secret from him, too - and then kidnap/steal the baby. Oh...and I almost forgot - but to top it all off she has been lying to him for all these months but trusted Brady enough to confide in him.

Yep...that's true love for you. :rolleyes:
Then by your rationale...truth? Sami's in the same lying boat w/Nicole?!

I can say that EJ will care for Sami in his fucked-up possessive way, but you see that EJ cannot be in love with Nicole and vice versa. Just how many anvils to they have to throw at people to see that?? The SL works BECAUSE EJ will be crushed when he finds out about Nicole's lies.
Liz

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

I didn't say that EJ doesn't love Nicole - or at least who he thinks she is. I said Nicole loves herself first and foremost - as evidenced by her actions both past and present. If this were going to be a real and lasting relationship they would have had Nicole share her grief over losing their baby with EJ, despite her fear that it was the only thing keeping him with her. (Which is just another example of the shaky ground they started on...) But I do think that EJ would have stood by her if she had done that. They might not have gotten engaged when they did, but it could have happened eventually because the loss of a child would have been a bonding experience for them. Nicole chose to protect her interests first and foremost and she's still choosing to do exactly that.

Anvils? Oh I definitely see them. This last love scene for them was chock full of them. The repeated "I love you's' and telling each other how very happy they both are. You know how that goes - couples just don't stay so blissfully happy on soaps, particularly not when one of them is completely and totally making a fool of the other. But the biggest anvil was EJ telling her to never change. :laugh: It was said to simply point out to the audience how utterly fooled his is by her. I agree he's going to be devastated when the truth all comes out - and his hurt and anger will be at both women. But Sami's betrayal in no way compares to the lengths to which Nicole has deceived him - not even close. Sami hid her truth from him - but she hasn't made him look like a bumbling fool.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Blissful....I didnt say they were going to be blissful. I think they'll break up. I fully expect Nicole to get hers because of all the lies.
However, some make it seem that EJ's not going to forgive Nicole and going to fall into the arms of Sami- one who's deception is just as bad!
First off, Sami's been busy keeping lies herself---including telling those that knew about her baby, that it is dead.
Second, there's Rafe--Sami just tripping herself over keeping him with her--in her life. Yesterday, she even "volunteered" him as insta-dad for Grace?! Nice, ask the guy first, Sami!
Liz

Alligato
Member Avatar

I just have to laugh at the "telling the truth" line to prove that Nicole loves EJ.
I don't think there has ever been a time where EJ has told the truth to Sami...whether he is faking paralysis or lying about immigration. When he does tell the truth, it is in court orders to force Sami to be with him. Yet, that proves he loves her? Total eye rolling here.

I am not saying that Nicole is in the right at all in what she is doing, but all of her asides lead me to believe that she is in love with EJ and in love with "her daughter". She wants this fantasy with EJ because she loves him and is happy, even though she is taking a chance with her life by fucking with the Dimeras.

You said that Nicole is only in love with herself...yet, I have never seen Sami do anything out of love of EJ...only for her selfish reasons....technically the baby lie is out of hate of EJ.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 13 2009, 10:46 PM
Blissful....I didnt say they were going to be blissful. I think they'll break up. I fully expect Nicole to get hers because of all the lies.
However, some make it seem that EJ's not going to forgive Nicole and going to fall into the arms of Sami- one who's deception is just as bad!
First off, Sami's been busy keeping lies herself---including telling those that knew about her baby, that it is dead.
Second, there's Rafe--Sami just tripping herself over keeping him with her--in her life. Yesterday, she even "volunteered" him as insta-dad for Grace?! Nice, ask the guy first, Sami!
Liz
Well...we're getting in to semantics now so I should probably stop beating this dead horse...but here goes.

Sami is flat out wrong to have kept her pregnancy and now what she thinks is their baby from EJ. She is. But the truth is she has not lied to him to the level that Nicole has. Nicole's lies run so deep it's getting hard to keep track of them all. She lost their baby. She faked the rest of the pregnancy. She lied about her relationship with Dr. Baker. She lied about her relationship with Mia. She neglected to tell EJ when she found out about the secret Sami was keeping from him (making her complicit in Sami's lie), she pretended to have given birth and presented him with a daughter that is not hers, she lied about her reasons for not nursing the baby, she lied to him about Brady telling her about the ATF project...the list goes on and on and it grows daily. I'm sure I've missed a few along the way.

Sami is interested in pursuing a relationship with Rafe. Why shouldn't she? Despite how she feels about EJ he has made it very clear to her that he's moved on in his life and is building a new family with Nicole. No doubt it hurts - but what can she do? I suppose the Sami of old might have plotted and schemed to get in the middle of that and bust up EJole but that's not how she's being written now. She's putting her children first and trying to create a stable environment for them. I see nothing wrong with that, at all.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Mar 13 2009, 11:02 PM

You said that Nicole is only in love with herself...yet, I have never seen Sami do anything out of love of EJ...only for her selfish reasons....technically the baby lie is out of hate of EJ.
I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. Sami doesn't hate EJ. She was very clear about that when he came to see her at the townhouse. When she told him that a part of her will always love him, after he picked his jaw back off the floor he laughed and said he thought she flat out hated him. She told him that she doesn't hate him, but despite her feelings for him she's never forgotten that he's a DiMera. She doesn't hate EJ - but she does hate his father. And rightfully so.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sami made EJ look like a fool the second she hopped out of bed with him to go beg another man to love her.
I have never seen him look more stupid. Ever.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Mar 13 2009, 11:06 PM
Sami made EJ look like a fool the second she hopped out of bed with him to go beg another man to love her.
I have never seen him look more stupid. Ever.
Okay...you're definitely reaching now because that has nothing to do with our current discussion but whatever.

EJ certainly forgave her for it - and it certainly doesn't compare in any way, shape or form to what Nicole is doing to him now. EJ might have been hurt by Sami's reaction - but he wasn't surprised.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

What's been "clear " to me is that Sami doesnt love EJ and that wants to get into Rafe's pants! She even been trying to get Nicole---her enemy--- to get EJ to leave her alone!

I think she forgot EJ's a DiMera the night she had sex w/him.....then I guess he wasn't? OOps, Lucas wasn't available. Nice....
Liz

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 13 2009, 10:31 PM
Sami hid her truth from him - but she hasn't made him look like a bumbling fool.
I was responding to this. Yes indeed Sami has made EJ to be a fool many, many times, but the biggest in my book was what she did after their sex scene last year. I guess it didn't make him to be like a bumbling fool as much as humiliated fool.
And you are right that EJ wasn't surprised that she ran away from him...because he knows in his heart that she didn't love him. And she still doesn't.

I will agree with you on one thing...this is beating a dead horse.

I just think it is funny that Nicole and EJ after the throws of passion can profess their love to each other and their happiness and dream about marrying each other...and that means nothing.
BUT Sami mentions a fleeting moment that NEVER happened on screen about "a part of her that will always love him" and that means so much about how they are destined for each other with their great love?? :shrug:

I can't argue with that. In fact, I really don't want to argue that. You can win. :shame:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Mar 13 2009, 11:26 PM
What's been "clear " to me is that Sami doesnt love EJ and that wants to get into Rafe's pants! She even been trying to get Nicole---her enemy--- to get EJ to leave her alone!

I think she forgot EJ's a DiMera the night she had sex w/him.....then I guess he wasn't? OOps, Lucas wasn't available. Nice....
Liz
Sami went to Nicole to try to get her to help in getting EJ's attentions away from Sami - no doubt because she realizes that the more attention EJ pays, the more likely he was going to discover her secret. I have seen absolutely no indication that Sami is trying to get in to Rafe's pants. They've kissed...uh, let's see...once? Twice? She's got a long way to go before I'd put her in the same league as Misty Circle.

As for the night that EJami made love - I recall that, first of all, they were both DiMeras because they were married at the time. EJ had turned his back on his father several months before hand and Sami and EJ had been spending a great deal of time together raising the twins. Stefano was still a non-entity at that point - still locked away in whatever that facility was in his coma. EJami were living in the mansion with John and Marlena. So I don't think Sami forgot EJ was a DiMera - but she certainly didn't have the same concerns then that she does now that Stefano is back and EJ is both living with and working for him.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Mar 13 2009, 11:27 PM
SocRMum1
Mar 13 2009, 10:31 PM
Sami hid her truth from him - but she hasn't made him look like a bumbling fool.
I was responding to this. Yes indeed Sami has made EJ to be a fool many, many times, but the biggest in my book was what she did after their sex scene last year. I guess it didn't make him to be like a bumbling fool as much as humiliated fool.
And you are right that EJ wasn't surprised that she ran away from him...because he knows in his heart that she didn't love him. And she still doesn't.

I will agree with you on one thing...this is beating a dead horse.

I just think it is funny that Nicole and EJ after the throws of passion can profess their love to each other and their happiness and dream about marrying each other...and that means nothing.
BUT Sami mentions a fleeting moment that NEVER happened on screen about "a part of her that will always love him" and that means so much about how they are destined for each other with their great love?? :shrug:

I can't argue with that. In fact, I really don't want to argue that. You can win. :shame:
It's all in the writing. EJ and Nicole's 'love' is based on a pack of lies. EJ loves the woman he thinks Nicole is...but unfortunately, that wasn't the woman he was in bed with. She's certainly been screwing him over left and right - but not in the way EJ thinks. :rolleyes:

As a EJami fan I couldn't agree more that they've basically made it seem as though EJami had a committed relationship off screen at some point. It sucks and I feel robbed as a result. But it is what it is. That seems to be the way they are writing it - so all I can do is wait it out, but I do feel confident that once all the dust settles (which will still be quite a long way off) EJami will be the couple still standing - and we'll finally get to see all the goodies that apparently happened when we weren't looking. ;)

ginababe
BANNED

LMAO, EJ has never looked more stupid, EVER? Um, I think these past four months of constantly being duped, by a rather pathetic liar, that is Nicole, blows what Sami did to EJ, WAYYY out of the water!!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

If people aren't sick of talking about the Sophie's Choice analogy, why doesn't it fit what Sami is doing? Sami is afraid of Stefano's evil influence which would harm this child. She believes it's too late for Johnny. I will plead ignorance on this, it's been a while, so I really don't remember the whole concept.

I do have to agree the whole plot is stupid.

LMAO, with the comment about the Church of Alison! I don't think there's anything wrong with commenting on actor's performances. I don't think anyone was bashing anyone.

My heart broke for EJ when Sami jumped out of bed after they had sex. Poor guy.
Edited by Halloween Family, Mar 14 2009, 12:50 AM.

Livie

Amello
Mar 13 2009, 10:08 PM
Um ... this is a soap. When the hell did lying and keeping a secret from someone mean they didn't love them?

Well the hard facts are lying and keeping a secret do not in the long run mean they get a happily ever after. IN this case, Nicole is more in love with the idea of her happy ever after oh so perfect ending no matter who or what she has to screw over (including two babies who she will use for her own ends) to get what she thinks is her due.

So her lying and scheming will lose her EJ, but luckily for her, Brady still will think she is adowable. Of course until she screws him over for something or someone else.

Livie

laptop
Mar 14 2009, 01:04 AM
Amello
Mar 13 2009, 10:08 PM

Well the hard facts are lying and keeping a secret do not in the long run mean they get a happily ever after. IN this case, Nicole is more in love with the idea of her happy ever after oh so perfect ending no matter who or what she has to screw over (including two babies who she will use for her own ends) to get what she thinks is her due.

So her lying and scheming will lose her EJ, but luckily for her, Brady still will think she is adowable. Of course until she screws him over for something or someone else.

And my heart broke for EJ during that as well, but all of it was predicated on some of his own scheming. He arranged for Lucas to get out and for Lucas to end up being put in the situation of living in the mansion.
Also EJ arranged the immigration fix. Dumb story line, but again, what we got was what we got.

Sami had lots of reasons to distrust EJ from all their past history, she had moved past it, so with the May lovemaking, again, if EJ had not allowed the Nicole to wrap her misty cirlce around his nose, and had remained as the man who said he would always be there for Samantha..who knows..but we got what we got cuz we got the writer that we have. You can either accept the motivation she ascribes to Sami, or decide the writer is lying about Samis motivations, and of course Nicole is totally in love with EJ and only stole Sami's baby and dumped Mias because she is so totally in love with EJ and has not a selfish motivation in her misty mind.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply