Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Bo's shocking new vision - Hope cheats!; March 3rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 18 2009, 11:43 AM (4,510 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Kristian Alfonso.

Hope agrees to move home this week, but then Bo has a vision where he sees Hope making love to another man! "It's absurd and confusing," Alfonso says, because Hope would never betray Bo.

Before Bo's vision, he and Hope and Ciara meet in the park. Ciara says she wants to see her Daddy more, and Alfonso says the scene is "heartbreaking", because Ciara is really asking when they can go home. Bo wants to discuss things with Hope, but Hope doesn't want to have that discussion in front of Ciara.

Then Ciara goes off to play, and Bo and Hope talk. Alfonso says that "the core issue has always been Bo not trusting Hope." They discuss Bo's vision about Kayla, and Bo says he didn't know what it meant at the time. Hope doesn't think that's an excuse, because he knew what his vision about Theo meant, and that came true. Hope can't understand why Bo didn't share his vision with her. At the end of the discussion, the two have not resolved anything.

Later, Hope surprises Bo at the police station. Alfonso says that Hope comes with "some lame excuse to see Bo", but Bo "calls Hope out on missing him". Hope admits that Bo is right: "Through all this turmoil and disappointment, she has never stopped loving Bo." Hope tells Bo she'll come home, but she makes Bo promise to tell her about any other visions he has. Bo agrees. But as soon as Hope leaves the police station, Bo has another vision - he sees Hope making love to a mystery man!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Stupid!

Thanks for posting.

esp13
Member Avatar

Quote:

"It's absurd and confusing," Alfonso says

Well that pretty much sums up the entire storyline. Well said, Kristian.

And thanks for posting, Ellie.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

esp13
Feb 18 2009, 11:53 AM
Quote:

"It's absurd and confusing," Alfonso says

Well that pretty much sums up the entire storyline. Well said, Kristian.

And thanks for posting, Ellie.
Well, that and

Quote:

At the end of the discussion, the two have not resolved anything.

sums it all up for me. It seems so pointless.

esp13
Member Avatar

Here's another of my personal faves:
Quote:

"Through all this turmoil and disappointment, she has never stopped loving Bo."

They've been apart for what, a week? They've been through six kinds hell in the last 20+ years and she needs to point out that after a week she hasn't stopped loving him. Mmmkay.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ...

I don't know what to make of this!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

My God...to think that people actually get paid for coming up with this crap. :shame:

Paxton
Member Avatar

Quote:

Alfonso says that Hope comes with "some lame excuse to see Bo

This one is good, too, because with these writers I don't need to be told it's a lame excuse. Even if it wasn't supposed to be lame it would come off that way.

Poor KA, trying to sell this.

esp13
Member Avatar

I know, I feel bad for her and PR trying to sell this storyline. That's why I feel the "absurd and confusing" line wasn't just KA giving Hope's perspective on the vision. It felt like KA's perspective on the whole storyline.

What's really sad is they could have done this storyline in a compelling way without any visions whatsoever. They could have had Hope accidently shoot Kayla and then be feeling really guilty about it. Bo tries to help her, but because he's also her boss, there is a conflict between them. And they could have written it so that Bo kind of blames Hope (even if he doesn't want to) for what happened to Kayla which creates this internal conflict for him, which Hope picks up on. That would be a realistic and character driven conflict that they had to deal with. Instead we get this contrived crap.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I'm going to go bonk my head off the nearest wall and see if a halfway decent storyline for Bope awaits us in the future.

hopebrady

esp13
Feb 18 2009, 12:19 PM
I know, I feel bad for her and PR trying to sell this storyline. That's why I feel the "absurd and confusing" line wasn't just KA giving Hope's perspective on the vision. It felt like KA's perspective on the whole storyline.

What's really sad is they could have done this storyline in a compelling way without any visions whatsoever. They could have had Hope accidently shoot Kayla and then be feeling really guilty about it. Bo tries to help her, but because he's also her boss, there is a conflict between them. And they could have written it so that Bo kind of blames Hope (even if he doesn't want to) for what happened to Kayla which creates this internal conflict for him, which Hope picks up on. That would be a realistic and character driven conflict that they had to deal with. Instead we get this contrived crap.
Well obviously Hope is not going to cheat. So there is something more to this. I think I agree with the other boards, that she just may get attacked or raped. That will be no means be contrived or dumb. That will be sad, especially if Bo can't stop it. And that will be something heavy for Bo and Hope to deal with. And we've already been told that the vision is mixed, so something else is going on here.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm still waiting for the point to all of this. Why does Bo have these visions? Why did Bo see Hope shoot Kayla and not tell her about it? I'm guessing they wanted to tell a story about trust between Bo and Hope. Well, that "story" lasted about 3 weeks. Groundbreaking! Not.

The whole thing is so stupid and, right now, I'd rather Bo and Hope go back to just being the town police if these are the kinds of stories Higley's going to write for Bo and Hope. First the bounty hunters, the goop at the reservation and now this?

:puke:

And I'm already calling that the man Hope's "sleeping with" is going to turn out to be one big misunderstanding and it'll probably be a cop that Hope went undercover with to get her job back. Maybe Rafe.

Paxton
Member Avatar

hopebrady
Feb 18 2009, 12:54 PM
I think I agree with the other boards, that she just may get attacked or raped. That will be no means be contrived or dumb. That will be sad, especially if Bo can't stop it. And that will be something heavy for Bo and Hope to deal with. And we've already been told that the vision is mixed, so something else is going on here.
Please, no more rapes on this show, that's all I ask. I guess I could live with it if she was attacked, as long as she was able to fight off her attacker.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 18 2009, 12:19 PM
See how easy it is to come up with actually good stories? And we aren't getting paid anything! Why can't these writers do it?

Mason
Member Avatar

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I can't imagine being KA or PR and actually trying to sell this shit.

esp13
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 18 2009, 12:56 PM
hopebrady
Feb 18 2009, 12:54 PM
I think I agree with the other boards, that she just may get attacked or raped. That will be no means be contrived or dumb. That will be sad, especially if Bo can't stop it. And that will be something heavy for Bo and Hope to deal with. And we've already been told that the vision is mixed, so something else is going on here.
Please, no more rapes on this show, that's all I ask. I guess I could live with it if she was attacked, as long as she was able to fight off her attacker.
Please, please, please no more rapes on this stupid show. I think Hope is about the only character left who hasn't had that happen and I'd just as soon keep it that way. Besides, knowing this writing crew, if they go down that road, they will also have Bo not believing Hope because of his "visions." And wouldn't that be all kinds of fun.

ilovemydays

Maybe Bo is seeing some stalker's fantasy of having sex with Hope?

lastDays
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 01:17 PM
Maybe Bo is seeing some stalker's fantasy of having sex with Hope?

Oh god,don't let it be Daniel. Dena,you are a truly f**ked up freak if you make Daniel involved.I feel sorry for SC :drunk:

ilovemydays

^^^ I wouldn't guess it could be Dr.Dan because Hope isn't a gravely ill patient of his. LOLOL

I do feel sorry for SC though. If I remember correctly he turned down another job to work for DAYS.

Paxton
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Feb 18 2009, 02:15 PM
I do feel sorry for SC though. If I remember correctly he turned down another job to work for DAYS.
Really? It must have been the drive-through position at McDonald's because I can't imagine he turned down another acting job for this show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply