Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 2/23
Topic Started: Feb 20 2009, 09:05 PM (1,627 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MCKELLY

Excellent! Too bad she means Johnny...

Thanks Angie!

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

The drama is going to start, I am so excited. Thanks for posting

Daytime
Member Avatar

Pick up your face Nicole, she's talking about Johnny!!!!

Thanks for posting Angie..

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Are you serious? This is what they're featuring in the promos?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

For us that can't watch it, what is the promo about?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 21 2009, 05:59 AM
It's just a quick clip of Sami showing up at DiMansion. Nicole opens the door, looks pissed off and asks Sami what she's doing there. Sami says "I came here to take my baby" (or something similar) and Nicole looks like she's ready to crap her pants.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

That was so damn stupid.

willa13th

Kenny
Feb 21 2009, 06:45 AM
Sindacco
It's just a quick clip of Sami showing up at DiMansion. Nicole opens the door, looks pissed off and asks Sami what she's doing there. Sami says "I came here to take my baby" (or something similar) and Nicole looks like she's ready to crap her pants.
:rockon: :cheers: :cheer: :lol:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

willa13th
Feb 21 2009, 08:52 AM
Kenny
Sindacco
:rockon: :cheers: :cheer: :lol:
SQUEEEEEE!!!! God, it's so great to see Sami back in Salem. And Ali looked fabulous in the promo. :)

Love it!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sindacco
Now I'm glad I can't see it, sounds like crap but thanks for posting.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Probably one of the shortest, stupidest promos I have seen in awhile. I guess for those viewers who haven't watched in awhile, it could intrigue them.

Thanks for posting, Angie, so I don't have to go to NBC!

LovingDays

Here The Promo Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaaslU1yxA4

ginababe
BANNED

what a huge let down this promo was :(

coffeelover

Looks good to me. Bring it on Sami vs Nicole!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

What a waste of a promo.

I understand not wanting to spoil the Lucas/Chloe cliffhanger. I can see why they would feature this story but make it interesting. Sami comes back and with all the buildup, they could've made one hell of a promo. They could've even thrown in some of the Philip/Nicole stuff from this Monday and did a promo like last spring where it said something like 'it's war between Sami and Nicole." Make it interesting. Don't just show 10 seconds of recap and 5 seconds of new stuff that is nothing but a false cliffhanger. Dumb.

I hate the shortened promo format too. It reminds me of 1999 when Days had really short promos or none at all. I remember hearing it was because of something going on with NBC. I wonder if this is part of the budget cuts? I remember Passions started getting short ass promos like these when they took a massive cut too. These suck, plain and simple. They need to be longer to get people excited. There is barely time to feature anything.

God, I pray they start improving them. The promos overall for the last month have been pretty bad.

jules

^^^ How often have we seen Sami and Nicole trading insults? Sounds kind of boring and repetitive.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jules
Feb 21 2009, 03:26 PM
^^^ How often have we seen Sami and Nicole trading insults? Sounds kind of boring and repetitive.
Well, it didn't have to be that simple.

You could've showed clips of Sami returning and her first scenes back with people like EJ, Nicole, Roman, etc. Anything but a false cliffhanger. They clearly think people will be stupid enough to buy into that.

It was just a lame promo all around. It doesn't even represent half the stuff the show is doing this week and that works against everything a promo should be. As bad as the promos have been over the last month, at least they were a bit more representative of the week ahead. This one is nothing but rehash and a false cliffhanger.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

This SL is as dull as dishwater. :sleep:

Thanks Angie!

jane1978

Positive thing, Sami looks good. And Ali is the most familiar face of the show now, so maybe a few people will tune in just to see how the actress from that popular reality show looks now when she is not pregnant anymore.

And itīs better to have good show with bad promos, than good promos for a bad show.

Still, is DAYS the only show who has these short promos now, or is it some new policy at NBC? Because I really cannot imagine how the DAYS budget cuts and shorter promos could be related.
Edited by jane1978, Feb 21 2009, 07:01 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply