Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Posted! 2-20-09
Topic Started: Feb 21 2009, 12:22 PM (3,870 Views)
madelinehawaii

Rick
Feb 21 2009, 03:00 PM
madelinehawaii
Feb 21 2009, 02:48 PM

Also this is one of the numerous times I've had to wonder why the people who set up this board, specifically because they said they were not interested in censoring the comments or opinions of others, feel the need to point out that those who post and disagree with them about a particular actor are biased. It's not like anyone who regularly posts around here are behaving any differently about what they care about. You do realize that uncensored means living with all the bs you're not going to like, that you believe is biased and catty and childish? That is the nature of allowing it all to hang out. Lecturing people about how catty they are only makes it appear that uncensored means; you're welcome to post here as long as we agree with your attitude and if we don't we reserve the right to call you names

How mature.
Maybe you should go over the rules once again?

The DR was created to discuss and critique the shows, actors, actresses, writers etc without being censored, not other members.

you're the one calling people catty, immature, etc for discussing actors. Just because they don't do it the way you envisioned they would, means they're immature? ok
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good post, Rick.

I applaud Thaoo's honesty and he's entitled to his view. I, personally, feel he could've said some things differently in the Fairman interview to get his message across. Same goes for this post. I felt the "lack of insights" part was not needed and that he could've went about saying what he meant differently but, again, that's just ME. Thaoo is who he is. He's always been blunt and to the point and I don't mind that. I actually find it refreshing. However, that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says and because I don't that doesn't mean I lack insight. That is what that bothers me but whatever. He's entitled and the one thing I will say is he is very good to his fans. That can't be disputed and I applaud that.

I'm happy to hear LeAnn will be back, even if it's for one show. I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm excited about the stuff he is shooting with Ari and Jay. Sounds good and it seems alot of people like to work with Ari.

Not shocked that Joe is upset. I would think he was upset in the 90's too when Thaoo was written out. Joe has lost many of his scene partners in the past few months (Dee, Drake, Thaoo) so it's no surprise he is angry. I do expect him to be gone by the end of the year. As soon as the shit hits the fan and EJ goes all out bad again, I think Joe's time as Stefano will be up.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 21 2009, 03:08 PM.

Mason

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:08 PM
I felt the "lack of insights" part was not needed
But it's true. None of us here knows what's going on behind-the-scenes as well as an actor does.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Thaao once again is just being honest and some people just can't deal with the facts. To me it's as simple as that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:11 PM
PhoenixRising05
But it's true. None of us here knows what's going on behind-the-scenes as well as an actor does.
Maybe not as much as an actor or actress or whomever but with all the stuff that leaks online (look at last summer's scandal) and all the insiders (and some are proven) that circulate around, I wouldn't say we are completely ignorant.

That being said, whether we don't know as much as them or not, people still have the right to make their own judgments or comments on what is being said or what is happening.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

madelinehawaii
Rick
Feb 21 2009, 02:09 PM
It's fine and dandy that people like certain actors. but these little catty backhanded remarks are pure middle school bullshit. Someone says they dislike an actor or disagrees with something an they say, it's on! It's like they need to be validated and the only way to do that is to gang up on them and make catty schoolgirl remarks.

I could go around and around for hours about how I think JER is one of the greatest writers in Daytime history, and I know that I am going to get tons of people that disagree with me and that's fine as long as it's a healthy, constructive arguement, but with some of these "super fans" there is no middle ground.

It seems like their only purpose is to patrol message boards and shit on the opinions of those who dare speak ill of their favorite actor.

junior high remarks lol

being that I teach, I can tell you that most of the stuff on this board hasn't even reached that level...adults are far more catty and immature than children of any age. Believe me, my principal could give any of my students a run their their money and she's nearly 50.

Also this is one of the numerous times I've had to wonder why the people who set up this board, specifically because they said they were not interested in censoring the comments or opinions of others, feel the need to point out that those who post and disagree with them about a particular actor are biased. It's not like anyone who regularly posts around here are behaving any differently about what they care about. You do realize that uncensored means living with all the bs you're not going to like, that you believe is biased and catty and childish? That is the nature of allowing it all to hang out. Lecturing people about how catty they are only makes it appear that uncensored really means is; you're welcome to post here as long as we agree with your attitude and if we don't we reserve the right to call you names

How mature.
Madeline, thank you. I've wondered that myself.
Regardless, maybe fans haven't been called to task enough for their attitudes at times. And again, I can respect an actor who doesn't feel the need to say stuff simply to make people love them.
And I MUST use that opinions quote sometime. Actually, I've been a little more sedate and used bellybutton instead of asshole. Doesn't sound like subtle namecalling that way.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Rick
madelinehawaii

Also this is one of the numerous times I've had to wonder why the people who set up this board, specifically because they said they were not interested in censoring the comments or opinions of others, feel the need to point out that those who post and disagree with them about a particular actor are biased. It's not like anyone who regularly posts around here are behaving any differently about what they care about. You do realize that uncensored means living with all the bs you're not going to like, that you believe is biased and catty and childish? That is the nature of allowing it all to hang out. Lecturing people about how catty they are only makes it appear that uncensored means; you're welcome to post here as long as we agree with your attitude and if we don't we reserve the right to call you names

How mature.

The DR was created to discuss and critique the shows, actors, actresses, writers etc without being censored, not other members.

Rick, I think you're missing the point. And, this certainly isn't the first time this point has been brought up. But seeing that this thread is about Thaao, well...................

Mason

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:18 PM
Mason
PhoenixRising05
Maybe not as much as an actor or actress or whomever but with all the stuff that leaks online (look at last summer's scandal) and all the insiders (and some are proven) that circulate around, I wouldn't say we are completely ignorant.
That's pretty much what I was saying...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

madelinehawaii
Feb 21 2009, 03:04 PM
Rick
madelinehawaii

How mature.

you're the one calling people catty, immature, etc for discussing actors. Just because they don't do it the way you envisioned they would, means they're immature? ok
Like my dear mama would say, it depends on whose ox is getting gored, doesn't it?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
PhoenixRising05
I agree, Mason.

Mason

Kirk
Feb 21 2009, 03:17 PM
Thaao once again is just being honest and some people just can't deal with the facts. To me it's as simple as that.
I just think it's really odd. So often, people talk about how much they wish an actor would just say what he/she really thinks, and when they do, they're raked over the coals for it. They can't win for losing!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:27 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mason

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Well, if it was, my apologies, but the way I took it is that no one could have any idea.

We have a few people on this board who know alot about the goings on and I know people on other boards that do too, all of which have been validated. That is all I am trying to say. An actor or actress is not the only authority on the subject. Half the time, you can't even trust them because they can have their own agenda too.

And I don't think people are really raking him over the coals either. Some just felt he could've said what he wanted to say in some respects differently and I agree but everyone is different. I don't take issue with people who have no problem with it either. I see it both ways.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 21 2009, 03:34 PM.

Mason

No, they're not the only authority, but no matter how much we might know, the actors know more, because they're there and we're not. So, from their POV, we do lack the first-hand insight that they have.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:33 PM
Mason
PhoenixRising05

Well, if it was, my apologies, but the way I took it is that no one could have any idea.

We have a few people on this board who know alot about the goings on and I know people on other boards that do too, all of which have been validated. That is all I am trying to say. An actor or actress is not the only authority on the subject. Half the time, you can't even trust them because they can have their own agenda too.
Tim, unless people on this board are actually THERE on a day in, day out basis, you honestly think they know more than the actors do? What the heck agenda would Thaao have now? You think he's that catty that he'd be saying that to sink the show? Why is it when someone might be honestly critical, they have an agenda? WHY is this so horrible, what he said? It's nothing more and a lot less than some of the insults said about them. He didn't name any names, after all.

Mason

PhoenixRising05
And I don't think people are really raking him over the coals either.
Maybe you're not, but it definitely is happening.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:34 PM
No, they're not the only authority, but no matter how much we might know, the actors know more, because they're there and we're not. So, from their POV, we do lack the first-hand insight that they have.
They're not there for everything, though. Some don't film much or just film their stuff and leave. Some don't even like associating with anyone outside of their scenes or outside of work.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. Just pointing out there is more to it then what your saying and I don't think the fact that they are "there," especially in the Internet age, makes their insight much better then many of us on a board like this. Just look at the board and all the backstage stuff that gets posted and all the spoilers we get and so on. Sometimes you read an actor say they had no idea someone was coming or going or that something was happening until they read it on the boards or in a magazine. Sometimes the actors have less insight into things then we do.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Feb 21 2009, 03:35 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mason

Tim, unless people on this board are actually THERE on a day in, day out basis, you honestly think they know more than the actors do? What the heck agenda would Thaao have now? You think he's that catty that he'd be saying that to sink the show? Why is it when someone might be honestly critical, they have an agenda? WHY is this so horrible, what he said? It's nothing more and a lot less than some of the insults said about them. He didn't name any names, after all.
I never said he had an agenda nor did I say what he said was horrible. Speaking for myself, I only felt he could've said some things differently but that's just my view on it. I don't think he really did anything wrong nor do I think he should be bashed for what he said. I just understand and agree with those who say he could've went about it differently.

I also never said an actor can't know more then us. Yes, they are there, but, as I just explained in my last post, they don't always know as much as we think they do. That's all I'm saying.

Mason

Alright then, think about it like this. Who would know more about what's going on inside the White House: a member of the staff or we, the public, who hear about things on a second or third-hand basis? It's the same thing here.

madelinehawaii

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:31 PM
Kirk
Feb 21 2009, 03:17 PM
I just think it's really odd. So often, people talk about how much they wish an actor would just say what he/she really thinks, and when they do, they're raked over the coals for it. They can't win for losing!
BINGO!

I can't even count the number of times I've heard actors called superficial but the minute they open their mouths to voice their opinions, they're called every other name in the book.

I don't have a problem with people arguing with what he's saying, if they disagree with it, great...it the ones saying he shouldn't say what he think... that I don't get and the ones with the attitude that they know more about the situation he's in than he does.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:41 PM
Alright then, think about it like this. Who would know more about what's going on inside the White House: a member of the staff or we, the public, who hear about things on a second or third-hand basis? It's the same thing here.
Not really. There are a hell of alot more leaks then there are in the White House.

I will just agree to disagree and back out. I feel we are going around in circles now LOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply