Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Posted! 2-20-09
Topic Started: Feb 21 2009, 12:22 PM (4,022 Views)
oldschoolfan

I think Thaao says what's on his mind, whether anyone agrees or not, and how great that he loves his fans so much that he posts updates for them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:42 PM
Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:41 PM
Alright then, think about it like this. Who would know more about what's going on inside the White House: a member of the staff or we, the public, who hear about things on a second or third-hand basis? It's the same thing here.
Not really. There are a hell of alot more leaks then there are in the White House.
That's beside the point. The point is that, in both cases, the people who have more insight are of course going to be the ones that are actually participant. It's just the way that it is.

ginababe
BANNED

wow, there is more drama on this board in the course of one hour then there is on the sum of all of DOOL!!

madelinehawaii

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:38 PM
Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:34 PM
No, they're not the only authority, but no matter how much we might know, the actors know more, because they're there and we're not. So, from their POV, we do lack the first-hand insight that they have.
They're not there for everything, though. Some don't film much or just film their stuff and leave. Some don't even like associating with anyone outside of their scenes or outside of work.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. Just pointing out there is more to it then what your saying and I don't think the fact that they are "there," especially in the Internet age, makes their insight much better then many of us on a board like this. Just look at the board and all the backstage stuff that gets posted and all the spoilers we get and so on. Sometimes you read an actor say they had no idea someone was coming or going or that something was happening until they read it on the boards or in a magazine. Sometimes the actors have less insight into things then we do.
If you were talking about any of the actors who'd been with the show only the last few years, perhaps, but any of those who have been around for over twenty years, I'm sorry, no matter what is going on behind the scenes, or where these 'insiders' are working, they don't have the same kind of history to see the bigger picture that those who have been around longer do. And yes, they have a different viewpoint than us...they actually helped do something to create what we've been watching so IMO, they have more right than we do to their opinions.
Edited by madelinehawaii, Feb 21 2009, 03:49 PM.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Kenny
Feb 21 2009, 12:56 PM
ladyofthelake
Feb 21 2009, 12:41 PM
Gee, Kenny, does that apply to EVERYONE, including the sainted "member of this board?" :D
LoL, it most certainly does. I don't know why people have to get so catty and mean with each other just because someone disagrees with them. It's stupid to me. Disagree, state your piece and let that be that.

Meanwhile, to my knowledge, Thaao isn't a member of this particular forum. Or is he? ;)
Who's the sainted member of this board? Me? King? Nelson? Rick? Kenny? Mason? Amello? Mateo? Nubia?

I MUST know!

ginababe
BANNED

IMO, (and this probably has nothing having to do w/ anything even remotely related to this topic, but what the hell!) The JnM fanbase (not all of them) but a large portion did to Thaao, what the Lumi fanbase did to James. And that bitterness is still there, and you can tell in many of their comments that have been posted. And of course that bitterness pisses Thaao's fans off, and now we have this fighting back n forth.. I think on both sides there are valid points, but why make it personal?

That's my thoughts, take it for what it's worth :)

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Rick
Feb 21 2009, 02:09 PM
It's fine and dandy that people like certain actors. but these little catty backhanded remarks are pure middle school bullshit. Someone says they dislike an actor or disagrees with something an they say, it's on! It's like they need to be validated and the only way to do that is to gang up on them and make catty schoolgirl remarks.

I could go around and around for hours about how I think JER is one of the greatest writers in Daytime history, and I know that I am going to get tons of people that disagree with me and that's fine as long as it's a healthy, constructive arguement, but with some of these "super fans" there is no middle ground.

It seems like their only purpose is to patrol message boards and shit on the opinions of those who dare speak ill of their favorite actor.

It's called debate. Not a single hoochie got a warning for the mods. We did not personally attack anyone. Thaao got bashed for his comments about JER's writing. Why is it so wrong for us to agree with him?

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

madelinehawaii
Feb 21 2009, 02:48 PM
Rick
Feb 21 2009, 02:09 PM
It's fine and dandy that people like certain actors. but these little catty backhanded remarks are pure middle school bullshit. Someone says they dislike an actor or disagrees with something an they say, it's on! It's like they need to be validated and the only way to do that is to gang up on them and make catty schoolgirl remarks.

I could go around and around for hours about how I think JER is one of the greatest writers in Daytime history, and I know that I am going to get tons of people that disagree with me and that's fine as long as it's a healthy, constructive arguement, but with some of these "super fans" there is no middle ground.

It seems like their only purpose is to patrol message boards and shit on the opinions of those who dare speak ill of their favorite actor.

junior high remarks lol

being that I teach, I can tell you that most of the stuff on this board hasn't even reached that level...adults are far more catty and immature than children of any age. Believe me, my principal could give any of my students a run their their money and she's nearly 50.

Also this is one of the numerous times I've had to wonder why the people who set up this board, specifically because they said they were not interested in censoring the comments or opinions of others, feel the need to point out that those who post and disagree with them about a particular actor are biased. It's not like anyone who regularly posts around here are behaving any differently about what they care about. You do realize that uncensored means living with all the bs you're not going to like, that you believe is biased and catty and childish? That is the nature of allowing it all to hang out. Lecturing people about how catty they are only makes it appear that uncensored really means is; you're welcome to post here as long as we agree with your attitude and if we don't we reserve the right to call you names

How mature.
Exactly. Bravo Madeline.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Rick
Feb 21 2009, 03:00 PM
madelinehawaii

Also this is one of the numerous times I've had to wonder why the people who set up this board, specifically because they said they were not interested in censoring the comments or opinions of others, feel the need to point out that those who post and disagree with them about a particular actor are biased. It's not like anyone who regularly posts around here are behaving any differently about what they care about. You do realize that uncensored means living with all the bs you're not going to like, that you believe is biased and catty and childish? That is the nature of allowing it all to hang out. Lecturing people about how catty they are only makes it appear that uncensored means; you're welcome to post here as long as we agree with your attitude and if we don't we reserve the right to call you names

How mature.
Maybe you should go over the rules once again?

The DR was created to discuss and critique the shows, actors, actresses, writers etc without being censored, not other members.

We followed the rules, and you are complaining because according to you, we are not allowed to stick up for Thaao because you don't like him.

So who is the one being catty?

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:08 PM
Good post, Rick.

I applaud Thaoo's honesty and he's entitled to his view. I, personally, feel he could've said some things differently in the Fairman interview to get his message across. Same goes for this post. I felt the "lack of insights" part was not needed and that he could've went about saying what he meant differently but, again, that's just ME. Thaoo is who he is. He's always been blunt and to the point and I don't mind that. I actually find it refreshing. However, that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says and because I don't that doesn't mean I lack insight. That is what that bothers me but whatever. He's entitled and the one thing I will say is he is very good to his fans. That can't be disputed and I applaud that.

I'm happy to hear LeAnn will be back, even if it's for one show. I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm excited about the stuff he is shooting with Ari and Jay. Sounds good and it seems alot of people like to work with Ari.

Not shocked that Joe is upset. I would think he was upset in the 90's too when Thaoo was written out. Joe has lost many of his scene partners in the past few months (Dee, Drake, Thaoo) so it's no surprise he is angry. I do expect him to be gone by the end of the year. As soon as the shit hits the fan and EJ goes all out bad again, I think Joe's time as Stefano will be up.
I think Thaao's point is that his opinion is based on insight and experience. People that are bashing him are mostly JER fans who have no personal insight or experience. He's not bashing them, he's saying they are making their opinions without the inside info. His opinion is more valid because he lived it. lol

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:11 PM
PhoenixRising05
I felt the "lack of insights" part was not needed
But it's true. None of us here knows what's going on behind-the-scenes as well as an actor does.
Thank you. That's his point. lol

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:18 PM
Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:11 PM
PhoenixRising05
I felt the "lack of insights" part was not needed
But it's true. None of us here knows what's going on behind-the-scenes as well as an actor does.
Maybe not as much as an actor or actress or whomever but with all the stuff that leaks online (look at last summer's scandal) and all the insiders (and some are proven) that circulate around, I wouldn't say we are completely ignorant.

That being said, whether we don't know as much as them or not, people still have the right to make their own judgments or comments on what is being said or what is happening.
He's not saying anyone can't have an opinion. He's saying his is more valid because he lived it. Online rumors is not a valid substitute for real life experience.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Feb 21 2009, 03:27 PM
Rick
Feb 21 2009, 03:00 PM
madelinehawaii

Also this is one of the numerous times I've had to wonder why the people who set up this board, specifically because they said they were not interested in censoring the comments or opinions of others, feel the need to point out that those who post and disagree with them about a particular actor are biased. It's not like anyone who regularly posts around here are behaving any differently about what they care about. You do realize that uncensored means living with all the bs you're not going to like, that you believe is biased and catty and childish? That is the nature of allowing it all to hang out. Lecturing people about how catty they are only makes it appear that uncensored means; you're welcome to post here as long as we agree with your attitude and if we don't we reserve the right to call you names

How mature.
Maybe you should go over the rules once again?

The DR was created to discuss and critique the shows, actors, actresses, writers etc without being censored, not other members.

Rick, I think you're missing the point. And, this certainly isn't the first time this point has been brought up. But seeing that this thread is about Thaao, well...................
True. If Deidre said it, the same people bashing Thaao would be kissing her ass. The truth is the truth, it doesn't matter who said it.

daysfan
Member Avatar

juniorz1
Feb 21 2009, 03:53 PM
Kenny
ladyofthelake
Gee, Kenny, does that apply to EVERYONE, including the sainted "member of this board?" :D
LoL, it most certainly does. I don't know why people have to get so catty and mean with each other just because someone disagrees with them. It's stupid to me. Disagree, state your piece and let that be that.

Meanwhile, to my knowledge, Thaao isn't a member of this particular forum. Or is he? ;)
Who's the sainted member of this board? Me? King? Nelson? Rick? Kenny? Mason? Amello? Mateo? Nubia?

I MUST know!
Well obviously its ME! :lol:

As for Thaao, I LOVE him, and I respect his opinion. In a way, I agree and see what he's saying. In another way, I just disagree with how he worded it(the James Reillys of the world was the wrong way to put it IMO). But I understand why Thaao would feel that way, too, because Days(notably under JER) has really screwed him a few times.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:31 PM
Kirk
Feb 21 2009, 03:17 PM
Thaao once again is just being honest and some people just can't deal with the facts. To me it's as simple as that.
I just think it's really odd. So often, people talk about how much they wish an actor would just say what he/she really thinks, and when they do, they're raked over the coals for it. They can't win for losing!
Excellent point Mason. I wish more actors were as outspoken as Thaao. But why should then when they'll get bashed? It takes a thick skin to be outspoken.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:41 PM
Alright then, think about it like this. Who would know more about what's going on inside the White House: a member of the staff or we, the public, who hear about things on a second or third-hand basis? It's the same thing here.
Also, ppl who post alleged inside info online have an agenda too. Their version of things may be skewed.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

daysfan
Feb 21 2009, 04:57 PM

Well obviously its ME! :lol:

As for Thaao, I LOVE him, and I respect his opinion. In a way, I agree and see what he's saying. In another way, I just disagree with how he worded it(the James Reillys of the world was the wrong way to put it IMO). But I understand why Thaao would feel that way, too, because Days(notably under JER) has really screwed him a few times.
daysfan = :wub:

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

juniorz1
Feb 21 2009, 03:53 PM
Kenny
ladyofthelake

I MUST know!
I'm not on the list? What da hell? lol

Cupcake06

Kenny
Feb 21 2009, 05:32 PM
Rick
Feb 21 2009, 05:31 PM
I sucked _____ 's cock in a bathroom stall at a fan event but I don't claim to know everything there is to know about him!

Really? That's hot! LoL
LOL!
Edited by Rick, Feb 21 2009, 06:04 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I've been debating whether it's even worth it to say anything but y'know--- what the hell.

In general, when I hear or read someone throw out a line like "lack of insights" I find it condescending and unnecessary. To me it's an approach to debate that usually masks a weak position, and it can come off as an attempt to end a conversation while holding whatever privileged information there is instead of, y'know, actually having a respectful dialogue about things.

So, yes, Thaao definitely has specific knowledge about things that I do not. At the same time, he's not omniscient so I take his comments as revealing part of the truth of the situation. By throwing out "lack of insights" in his comment, my personal opinion that he's arrogant has been reinforced. I don't think that's bashing him, by the way, because I didn't say that being arrogant was a bad thing, so please don't feel like there's a need to jump on me and defend him.

It's probably ironic, this discussion about insight. I think that Thaao is getting praised for his honesty in large part because his comments validate preconceived opinions about what's going on behind-the-scenes at Days. But, if we accept that we lack insight (and I do accept that) unless we're actually inside the machine, so to speak, how are we valuing Thaao's comments at all?

And it's not just specific to him. Rachel Melvin posted to her blog and her comments were fairly positive with respect to Corday, Days. Some readers presumed that it meant she wanted to work in the future so she didn't speak out. Some people think that about anyone who gets fired without comment- they just aren't brave enough to speak the truth.

But how do we know that? Unless someone here is an actor on the show or otherwise involved in day-to-day operations, which is quite possible but ultimately unknowable since this is a virtual community, we really don't have the insight to know what's true and what isn't; what should be complimented and what should be dismissed.

We're kind of limited to saying "that's interesting," or comparing the realities composed by opposing positions, and that's not nearly as much fun as respectful speculative debate, imho.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply