Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Posted! 2-20-09
Topic Started: Feb 21 2009, 12:22 PM (4,026 Views)
BLaurie2
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Feb 21 2009, 12:53 PM
ladyofthelake
Feb 21 2009, 12:40 PM
I love it. He doesn't try to kiss ass and squirm his way out of stuff and grovel and apologize for being "misunderstood". Go ahead, folks. Start calling him arrogant. Apparently, he doesn't care since he knows he's right.
So you wouldn't bash Deidre for saying that fans are showing no "insight"?

I find that hard to believe since you bash her for everything else.

As for the lack of insight regarding James Reilly's bad writing, I would agree with any actor who said it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

If by "insight" he means that that we don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes, I couldn't agree more because we don't.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Rick
Feb 21 2009, 06:06 PM
Off Topic, but did you see Madea Goes to Jail yet Tammy?

I am going to the matinee tomorrow
I wanna see it. Was it good?

BLaurie2
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:08 PM
Good post, Rick.

I applaud Thaoo's honesty and he's entitled to his view. I, personally, feel he could've said some things differently in the Fairman interview to get his message across. Same goes for this post. I felt the "lack of insights" part was not needed and that he could've went about saying what he meant differently but, again, that's just ME. Thaoo is who he is. He's always been blunt and to the point and I don't mind that. I actually find it refreshing. However, that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says and because I don't that doesn't mean I lack insight. That is what that bothers me but whatever. He's entitled and the one thing I will say is he is very good to his fans. That can't be disputed and I applaud that.

I'm happy to hear LeAnn will be back, even if it's for one show. I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm excited about the stuff he is shooting with Ari and Jay. Sounds good and it seems alot of people like to work with Ari.

Not shocked that Joe is upset. I would think he was upset in the 90's too when Thaoo was written out. Joe has lost many of his scene partners in the past few months (Dee, Drake, Thaoo) so it's no surprise he is angry. I do expect him to be gone by the end of the year. As soon as the shit hits the fan and EJ goes all out bad again, I think Joe's time as Stefano will be up.
My guess is that where Thaao is concerned, he knows that the fans who have followed his career will continue to do so, with or without DAYS. And the ones who think he's an arrogant ass will continue to do so, no matter what he says.

I am also glad that at least Leann will get one more episode. Even that is more than I expected.

Joe Mascolo is not in an easy position. He's watching all of his co-stars he's worked with for decades being fired. All he does as Stefano is lecture EJ and babysit. Unless he's really hard up for paychecks, I don't think he's going to put up with too much more of this.

BLaurie2
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:18 PM
Mason
Feb 21 2009, 03:11 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 21 2009, 03:08 PM
I felt the "lack of insights" part was not needed
But it's true. None of us here knows what's going on behind-the-scenes as well as an actor does.
Maybe not as much as an actor or actress or whomever but with all the stuff that leaks online (look at last summer's scandal) and all the insiders (and some are proven) that circulate around, I wouldn't say we are completely ignorant.

That being said, whether we don't know as much as them or not, people still have the right to make their own judgments or comments on what is being said or what is happening.
And Thaao has a right to make his judgment on those judgments.

BLaurie2
Member Avatar

ginababe
Feb 21 2009, 03:46 PM
wow, there is more drama on this board in the course of one hour then there is on the sum of all of DOOL!!
I agree. This thread should be renamed PASSIONS...

BLaurie2
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Feb 21 2009, 04:44 PM
Rick
Feb 21 2009, 02:09 PM
It's fine and dandy that people like certain actors. but these little catty backhanded remarks are pure middle school bullshit. Someone says they dislike an actor or disagrees with something an they say, it's on! It's like they need to be validated and the only way to do that is to gang up on them and make catty schoolgirl remarks.

I could go around and around for hours about how I think JER is one of the greatest writers in Daytime history, and I know that I am going to get tons of people that disagree with me and that's fine as long as it's a healthy, constructive arguement, but with some of these "super fans" there is no middle ground.

It seems like their only purpose is to patrol message boards and shit on the opinions of those who dare speak ill of their favorite actor.

It's called debate. Not a single hoochie got a warning for the mods. We did not personally attack anyone. Thaao got bashed for his comments about JER's writing. Why is it so wrong for us to agree with him?
True. I've been trying not to get personal or insult other posters for their opinions. But on another board, all I said was that I agreed with Thaao about James Reilly and listed my reasons for feeling that way. And someone said I was "pissing all other the Reilly fans". WTH? No, I don't think so.

BLaurie2
Member Avatar

coffeelover
Feb 21 2009, 08:59 PM
Just a word of wisdom TPTB don't respond well to negative agenda driven campaigns or those threats of boycotts. They do pay attention to positive feedback. And they do keep track of fan mail and fan support at events. So if you want to get counted send positive vibes.
It's hard to be positive when they've given us so little to be positive about.

BLaurie2
Member Avatar

px780
Feb 21 2009, 05:46 PM
In general, when I hear or read someone throw out a line like "lack of insights" I find it condescending and unnecessary. To me it's an approach to debate that usually masks a weak position, and it can come off as an attempt to end a conversation while holding whatever privileged information there is instead of, y'know, actually having a respectful dialogue about things.

So, yes, Thaao definitely has specific knowledge about things that I do not. At the same time, he's not omniscient so I take his comments as revealing part of the truth of the situation. By throwing out "lack of insights" in his comment, my personal opinion that he's arrogant has been reinforced. I don't think that's bashing him, by the way, because I didn't say that being arrogant was a bad thing, so please don't feel like there's a need to jump on me and defend him.
Please don't interpret me as jumping on you for bashing Thaao, but I disagree with you on one point.

When Thaao posted on his guestbook, I don't think his intention was to have a respectful dialogue. If that was his interest, he'd be on a message board. He was just stating how he felt on his guestbook to his fans. Is he being disrespectful to Reilly fans for even putting it out there on the internet? Maybe so. But it wasn't a venue for Reilly fans, it was a venue for Thaao fans. JMO.

CatherineEarnshaw

TP isn't off limits if he posts online. He is fair game, and I find his comments about fans somewhat ungracious. I do think he is entitled to say what he thinks though, and though I am not a fan, I think he is one of the generally fan friendly actors on days. I think he has a bit of an ego, but to be fair, he wouldn't survived this long in the business if he didn't. Now I am sure I will be bashed for this since he is off-limits but no matter to me.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

CatherineEarnshaw
Feb 22 2009, 11:54 AM
TP isn't off limits if he posts online. He is fair game, and I find his comments about fans somewhat ungracious. I do think he is entitled to say what he thinks though, and though I am not a fan, I think he is one of the generally fan friendly actors on days. I think he has a bit of an ego, but to be fair, he wouldn't survived this long in the business if he didn't. Now I am sure I will be bashed for this since he is off-limits but no matter to me.
He's no more off-limits than any other actor or actress, say, like one of his best friends? I still find it extremely ironic that it's called "him being off-limits" when people defend him. But oh, well.
Oh, hell, this goes around in circles, but I'm glad to see that the Thaao discussion isn't off-limits anymore. There are people who are on both sides of the fence. The man said what he said and didn't recant. People who like forthright actors are going to give him kudos. People who don't like forthright actors or people who love Reilly or think that no one should speak ill of the dead won't. Period. (Or people who feel Tony was an interloper to a certain couple, LOL)
And, yes, just about ANYONE who has had success for decades in the entertainment industry has to have some sense of ego, or at least, a very positive self-image. That goes without saying. Or, maybe, just loves his/her craft and doesn't play the kiss-up game in order to get ahead, but gets ahead merely on their own acting merits.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Feb 27 2009, 06:48 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rick
Feb 21 2009, 03:00 PM
The DR was created to discuss and critique the shows, actors, actresses, writers etc without being censored, not other members.
I just think this needs to be quoted again. :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Feb 27 2009, 06:26 PM
Rick
Feb 21 2009, 03:00 PM
The DR was created to discuss and critique the shows, actors, actresses, writers etc without being censored, not other members.
I just think this needs to be quoted again. :)
That's good to know, although I wasn't discussing other members per se. I was discussing possible reasons why people chose the sides they did. :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 27 2009, 06:34 PM
That's good to know, although I wasn't discussing other members per se. I was discussing possible reasons why people chose the sides they did. :)
LoL, I wasn't quoting that for you, silly!

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
I see this thread is still here and ITA with your post ladyofthelake. Of course I would I'm a Thaao fan. ;) I know I can't change any minds about what Thaao said. People will believe what they believe and I think anyone here would defend their favorites if they had spoken out the way Thaao did.

Of course Thaao has a bit of an ego. I think he has earned it.

Anyway, I really loved what Susan Seaforth Hayes had to say about Thaao in her book LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOURGLASS. Thaao and her did not hit it off at first and they had their run ins, but are now friends.

Susan Seaforth Hayes " Thaao Penghlis is a lot like the French. You wonder why they are carrying on so. Then you go to Paris, see how glorious it is, and realize the French have a lot to be arrogant about."

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Feb 27 2009, 06:50 PM
ladyofthelake
Feb 27 2009, 06:34 PM
LoL, I wasn't quoting that for you, silly!
That's good to know! ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

marianne557
Feb 27 2009, 08:33 PM
I see this thread is still here and ITA with your post ladyofthelake. Of course I would I'm a Thaao fan. ;) I know I can't change any minds about what Thaao said. People will believe what they believe and I think anyone here would defend their favorites if they had spoken out the way Thaao did.

Of course Thaao has a bit of an ego. I think he has earned it.

Anyway, I really loved what Susan Seaforth Hayes had to say about Thaao in her book LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOURGLASS. Thaao and her did not hit it off at first and they had their run ins, but are now friends.

Susan Seaforth Hayes " Thaao Penghlis is a lot like the French. You wonder why they are carrying on so. Then you go to Paris, see how glorious it is, and realize the French have a lot to be arrogant about."

That's a very good way to put it, Marianne. Susan is very astute. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply