Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shawn Christian re-signed contract according to reports from his event...
Topic Started: Feb 22 2009, 02:49 PM (5,179 Views)
Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ginababe
Feb 22 2009, 07:58 PM
people talked about the garden of eden and the iraq thing because whoever came up w/ those story lines were smoking something, they were beyond campy. You can't say the same for DanLoe, this is classic soap stuff! Like it or not :)
Let some people dislike it. The story is certainly going to continue :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jules

What's missing from this "classic" soap stuff IMO is that who really cares if they are together or not. Lucas and Chloe haven't got much of a following, so do people really care if she goes off with Daniel? I don't think so.

Mason
Member Avatar

ginababe
Feb 22 2009, 07:58 PM
people talked about the garden of eden and the iraq thing because whoever came up w/ those story lines were smoking something, they were beyond campy. You can't say the same for DanLoe, this is classic soap stuff! Like it or not :)
Sure, it's a classic soap plot. It just doesn't have the substance most of its kind do - like it or not.

ginababe
BANNED

my point was putting this sl in the same mix w/ the garden of eden crap is not the same thing.

Mason
Member Avatar

And my point is, just because it's a traditional soap story, doesn't make it good.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jules
Feb 22 2009, 08:01 PM
What's missing from this "classic" soap stuff IMO is that who really cares if they are together or not. Lucas and Chloe haven't got much of a following, so do people really care if she goes off with Daniel? I don't think so.
Exactly. I don't care one way or the other about Danloe, but given that Lucloe is an utter failure, why should I care that Chloe is cheating on him? I don't believe she loves Lucas so why is this even a story? Why doesn't she just go off with Daniel? No contrived obstacle is going to make any sense to me because I don't see why she wouldn't pick Daniel 100 times out of 100, not because I love the character or anything but because at least they have some spark together. Chloe and Lucas have never, not for one second, ever seemed like a credible couple to me; they have always been nothing but a plot point for various reasons.

ginababe
BANNED

that's your opinion Mason, or are you the know all of what makes a good soap story? Did I miss that memo?
Edited by ginababe, Feb 22 2009, 08:12 PM.

leah09
Member Avatar

jules
Really? You should visit the other board I post at. Heated debates every night over Danloe..posts get deleted and threads get deleted...people are fighting like cats and dogs. The buzz is there- if anything, people care a little too much about this SL. That's why it's NOT going anywhere and SC is staying. :cheer:

Mason
Member Avatar

Forget it. When you stoop to catty responses, it's not even worth replying to.

ginababe
BANNED

how am I being catty? your response made it sound like YOU know what makes a good story and other posters do not, so my question was are you the be all and end all of what makes a good story?
Edited by ginababe, Feb 22 2009, 08:16 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 22 2009, 08:11 PM
jules
Exactly. I don't care one way or the other about Danloe, but given that Lucloe is an utter failure, why should I care that Chloe is cheating on him? I don't believe she loves Lucas so why is this even a story? Why doesn't she just go off with Daniel? No contrived obstacle is going to make any sense to me because I don't see why she wouldn't pick Daniel 100 times out of 100, not because I love the character or anything but because at least they have some spark together. Chloe and Lucas have never, not for one second, ever seemed like a credible couple to me; they have always been nothing but a plot point for various reasons.
Chloe wants to be with Lucas, because she has a ready made family with him. She gets to be a step mom, she gets to be a member of the Hortons; Lucas represents security, everything she didn't have growing up. I can totally see why Chloe wants to be with Lucas. With Daniel, it's the first time she has felt passion as a grownup, where it didn't begin with love first. Philip and Brady she loved, and then it turned physical. The thing with Daniel is new for her, something she hasn't experienced. But she also knows she truly will become the pariah of Salem, if she gives into those feelings and ends up with him. Seems like classic soap story to me.

leah09
Member Avatar

ginababe
Feb 22 2009, 08:15 PM
how am I being catty?
I love reading your posts and then looking at your avatar. :cheers:

Paxton
Member Avatar

leah09
Feb 22 2009, 08:13 PM
jules
Really? You should visit the other board I post at. Heated debates every night over Danloe..posts get deleted and threads get deleted...people are fighting like cats and dogs. The buzz is there- if anything, people care a little too much about this SL. That's why it's NOT going anywhere and SC is staying. :cheer:
I think the people who get heated over this storyline because they hate Danloe are doing it for a variety of reasons that don't have anything to do with Lucas and Chloe staying together. A lot of people find Daniel repulsive because of his seeming (but undiscussed by the show) attraction to his patients, not to mention the erotic exam that kicked off Danloe. A lot of people also find Chloe promiscuous this go-round and find her behavior rather appalling. There's a lot to discuss, that's for sure, but I have yet to see anybody complaining that this story sucks because Chloe's true love is Lucas.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

leah09
jules
It's generating a response, which is why I like the story. I'm not enjoy Daniel and Chloe because I think it's the love story of the year. But I certainly find it interesting, and if you take in account Chloe's past, it becomes even more interesting to me.

ginababe
BANNED

leah09
Feb 22 2009, 08:16 PM
ginababe
Feb 22 2009, 08:15 PM
how am I being catty?
I love reading your posts and then looking at your avatar. :cheers:
LOL, thanks! :hugs:

Paxton
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Chloe wants to be with Lucas, because she has a ready made family with him. She gets to be a step mom, she gets to be a member of the Hortons; Lucas represents security, everything she didn't have growing up. I can totally see why Chloe wants to be with Lucas. With Daniel, it's the first time she has felt passion as a grownup, where it didn't begin with love first. Philip and Brady she loved, and then it turned physical. The thing with Daniel is new for her, something she hasn't experienced. But she also knows she truly will become the pariah of Salem, if she gives into those feelings and ends up with him. Seems like classic soap story to me.
I don't buy that though, because I don't see any chemistry at all between Chloe and Lucas. It doesn't matter what they tell me the reason is that Chloe wants to be with Lucas--I don't accept it because they don't seem like a couple at all to me. There's no physical chemistry or emotional connection, and when Lucas says things like he's never loved anyone like he loves Chloe, it just comes off as ridiculous to me.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Paxton
leah09
jules
I think the people who get heated over this storyline because they hate Danloe are doing it for a variety of reasons that don't have anything to do with Lucas and Chloe staying together. A lot of people find Daniel repulsive because of his seeming (but undiscussed by the show) attraction to his patients, not to mention the erotic exam that kicked off Danloe. A lot of people also find Chloe promiscuous this go-round and find her behavior rather appalling. There's a lot to discuss, that's for sure, but I have yet to see anybody complaining that this story sucks because Chloe's true love is Lucas.
I think you may be missing the point. I don't think anyone is supposed to be rooting for Lucas and Chloe as a couple; Lucas is to Daniel and Chloe, what Emilio was to Jack and Jennifer, what JAck was to Steve and Kayla, and what Gabrielle was to Shane and Kimberly.

ginababe
BANNED

different strokes different folks

leah09
Member Avatar

Paxton
There's a lot to discuss, that's for sure, but I have yet to see anybody complaining that this story sucks because Chloe's true love is Lucas.

You're right...I just meant in general terms..not too many peeps give a hoot about Lucas. Remind me, why did they ever get together in the first place??

:puke:

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Paxton
Feb 22 2009, 08:19 PM
Mikegoldy
I don't buy that though, because I don't see any chemistry at all between Chloe and Lucas. It doesn't matter what they tell me the reason is that Chloe wants to be with Lucas--I don't accept it because they don't seem like a couple at all to me. There's no physical chemistry or emotional connection, and when Lucas says things like he's never loved anyone like he loves Chloe, it just comes off as ridiculous to me.
There isn't SUPPOSED to be any physical chemistry between Lucas and Chloe. I certainly believe that Lucas loves Chloe, but it's obvious Chloe is going through the motions. Since Lucas has been on the show, he has always loved the woman he is with, more than any other woman he has been with. That's nothing new.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply