Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shawn Christian re-signed contract according to reports from his event...
Topic Started: Feb 22 2009, 02:49 PM (5,137 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Feb 22 2009, 04:37 PM
No surprise. The writing for Daniel is much better the last month or so and it seems after the Chelsea and Kate fiascos the show finally found a place where he fits. I didnīt like the way he and Chloe got together, but lately I really donīt have the problem with the pairing and even believe they are in love. Plus, the writing for the couple got better immensely. I really liked the scene with Chloe and the priest and actually smiled when Dan was so giddy and happy they can be finally together on friday because even without spoilers it was so clear something terrible is about to happen. They are the rooting couple now with Lucas and Kate as obstacles. IMO, it works.

I agree. You could tell something changed in the last month or so. They take it seriously now and they are actually building them as a long-term couple. I can actually buy them as an actual couple after seeing them get a taste of happiness this past week.

They have the chemistry and now the show can actually go on with this and make it a long-term story like they have been doing of late and it's been working. The last couple weeks has brought me into the story. I was annoyed before because of how they brought them together and I tolerated it because I felt it was an exit story and it had that "trainwreck" and "sordid" feel to it but they've sold me on the pairing and the story. I'm glad they did too because they needed a solid B story to go along with the A story of Nicole/EJ/Sami/etc and Melanie/Philip/Stephanie still has some developing to do IMO.

Plus, I'm not shocked by this. We would've heard if he was leaving by now and, as I said, you could sense a change in the past few weeks. It no longer felt like an exit story for him or Chloe. Plus, with the economy and budget cuts, why would he leave? I mean, SC has done other things. He's left daytime and found success so he's established himself. He's probably better off staying with a steady gig instead of bolting right now and taking a chance in the current state of things.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I think they're setting Dan and Chloe up to be a long term couple, too.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

jules
Feb 22 2009, 08:01 PM
What's missing from this "classic" soap stuff IMO is that who really cares if they are together or not. Lucas and Chloe haven't got much of a following, so do people really care if she goes off with Daniel? I don't think so.
Exactly. If anything they should have had the third party here be either Brady or Philip. Why Daniel? She doesn't know him at all.

To me the only reason Chloe is with Dr. Dan is because she doesn't want to marry Lucas. It has nothing to do with her having "feelings" for him.

Lucas/Chloe is such a contrived relationship. It was just as rushed as Dan/Chloe. Both are about lust, not love.

ginababe
BANNED

Chloe is a grown woman, she is an adult, she makes her own choices, if she didn't have "feelings" for Daniel, why risk it by having an affair w/ him? And why say that she loves him when no one is forcing her to?

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Ugh! Dena just turn him into Spencer Truman already and get it over with a ridiculous and predictable murder plot! Geezzz I don't know why DH is acting like she knows what she's doing with this character.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ I would rather Daniel just leave the show alive. If he's killed off, there's a much greater chance that he'll be back.

Days4Life

Mason, so funny! And, unfortunately, so true.

DOOLrox

I think Shawn is a hottie and a good actor, but I totally hate the dreadful writing for Daniel, who has just been obsessive and creepy. Maybe if they keep him around for a while they can straighten out the giant mess they've made. Yeah right. Sigh. Maybe if they get some new writers....

leah09
Member Avatar

Sorry, but with the exception of TIIC keeping this idiotic pairing of Lucas/Chloe on our screens even longer, I do not see where the writing for Daniel has been that bad. Thank Gawd they added him to the mix of this boring couple. I think we are in for much more depth to his character..it seems TPTB are determined to convince us that Daniel and Chloe are soulmates/in love...although I don't need any convincing, it's completely obvious to me.

We are going to have some interesting scenes with Daniel coming up.
Shawn Christian is a wonderful actor and I'm sure he'll hit the scenes out of the park. So glad he's sticking around Salem.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Well I love Shawn Christian,,but he too has suffered from the lack of a good writer.If I had been the writer,Daniel would have been Stefano's son...and he would have learned HE was the one who woke Stefano..and somewhere down the line,,everyone else too would have found out he was a Dimera...I think Shawn Christian could play a bad guy really well...so while I like SC,I hope they do more with his character,than have him,try and boink every female in town..give him a backstory

nikki
Member Avatar

Uggh I wish I could like Daniel but I just can't.
Edited by nikki, Feb 28 2009, 01:54 PM.

kelligapeach

I like SC, hate the Danloe storyline. Don't buy they are in love or soulmates and all the other crap they are spouting off, just don't! Danloe is just about sex and nothing else! Sorry, I just think they are a joke.

I would prefer Chloe with Brady or Phillip- some one she's had a history with.
As for Daniel, I loved him with Chelsea, but since that didn't work I would much prefer him to find someone new in Salem (a non patient of his) after he does some soulsearching, alone.

leah09
Member Avatar

If I had to guess about the future, I would say that Danloe is the way of the near future but they seem to be bringing Philip into the mix.
He is interacting with Chloe more and more, defending her against Victor, and seems to be a little suspicious of Daniel/Chloe (very subtle but it's there).
And let's not forget about the "Ghoul Girl" reference by Sami yesterday.

I think we will have a Daniel/Chloe/Phil triangle down the road.

lastDays
Member Avatar

leah09
Feb 28 2009, 06:23 PM
If I had to guess about the future, I would say that Danloe is the way of the near future but they seem to be bringing Philip into the mix.
He is interacting with Chloe more and more, defending her against Victor, and seems to be a little suspicious of Daniel/Chloe (very subtle but it's there).
And let's not forget about the "Ghoul Girl" reference by Sami yesterday.

I think we will have a Daniel/Chloe/Phil triangle down the road.
Because Dena can't focus on the same couple for more than a few weeks.I know there are some who don't like Daniel,but I find Phillip to be an arrogant asshole and wouldn't wish him on any female in Salem

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply