Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rachel Melvin - Why I quit; March 10th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 11:34 AM (3,302 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Mason
Feb 25 2009, 04:48 PM
OT, but Rick, I love your Gay Mafia Pride banner! LoL!
Feel free to grab it for your signature.

Avatars coming soon. Hell, we may even make tee shirts
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Thanks, I wish Rachel the best.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, alot makes sense now. She only signed for one year. I wish the mags had reported differently last May because it was reported in SOD she signed for 2 years but whatever. It's interesting because after she resigned last May she kind of faded from the spotlight. Chan blew apart around July and she kind of in limbo after being in nonstop frontburner story after story since she came on basically. She said she thought about leaving last year so I bet the show figured she would leave anyway so they played it cautiously for the year and tried a few things out to see if they could somehow find something to keep her around longer. It kind of makes sense why they went with Chan and then Chick again and now Chex. It's like they kept trying to find something to interest her to stay.

Anyway, classy interview on her part and glad the door is open for a return. I'm glad she is leaving though because Chex just isn't working for me. I do think she will be back but I found it interesting that it wasn't a guarantee that the show would take her back, which tells me maybe the show just feels the character is unimportant right now.

I think Chelsea will either get a job out of Salem, go see her mother for awhile and just not come back (a la Abby), or I think the theory Drew had could be very possible. I really hope they just bring Abby back since it brings on a Horton and they could use that. However, I get this feeling it will be someone new. I really don't care as long as it's not a Brady LOL.

pinkster

I was watching a rerun of Family Feud the other day and was surprised to see Rachel and her family on the show. She was so different then. Her hair was not dark like it is now (it was brown, but not a dark brown). I am glad to see that she got into acting, has become successful and now has the opportunity to move on. I wish her well. :cheer:

Bradyclan

PhoenixRising05
Feb 25 2009, 11:35 PM
Well, alot makes sense now. She only signed for one year. I wish the mags had reported differently last May because it was reported in SOD she signed for 2 years but whatever. It's interesting because after she resigned last May she kind of faded from the spotlight. Chan blew apart around July and she kind of in limbo after being in nonstop frontburner story after story since she came on basically. She said she thought about leaving last year so I bet the show figured she would leave anyway so they played it cautiously for the year and tried a few things out to see if they could somehow find something to keep her around longer. It kind of makes sense why they went with Chan and then Chick again and now Chex. It's like they kept trying to find something to interest her to stay.

I don't agree when you say that the show was trying to find something interesting for her to stay. The backstage drama prevented the show to go have a clear vision for her character, IMO. Even when Dansea was over they kinda hinted a triangle with Mick vs Chick but again, the writers decided to sacrifice Nick to prop Melanie. Everything just seemed to be very instable in all of her storylines since about August/September.

So as the months went by and once they got some stability backstage, they probably thought that they would go with Chex since Max had nothing to do after Stax. And wait till she renewed her contract to, perhaps, hire a new love interest for Chelsea.

I really doubt that the show was trying to find her something interesting to play since they probably already knew deep down that she would leave after this year. Especially, with all the mess that went down backstage this past year.

Faye

She's talented, so I really hope she gets jobs from TV and movies :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DrewHamilton
Feb 25 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm going to miss Melvin. I hope she gets nominated for another Emmy this year, and hopefully gets the win since Jennifer Landon is no longer around, and last year would've been Melvin's had Landon not been there.
Melvin was ROBBED!

Landon did NOT deserve to be a 3 time emmy winner...her material that she won for was WEAK!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Updated February 26:

Lori Wilson (Soaps.com reporter) just got off the phone with Rachel, who says that although she is unsure of exact dates, she will be done taping the last week of March. She believes her last airdate will be some time in late April. The role of Chelsea Brady will not be recast.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I loved Rachel's portrayal of Chelsea. She had a way of sucking me into the very emotional scenes. Very talented.

SaveDaysNow

jane1978
Feb 25 2009, 12:10 PM
I love Rachel and Iīm not at all surprised Corday supported and congratulated her for her decision. I think they really didnīt know what to do with the character and the pairing with Max was just a extemporary solution TPTB has never been very sure with. You can tell they are afraid invest into it and compared with the eventfull way they are building Phillip/Steph, but even Chloe/Daniel, Max/Chelsea pairing is realy very blah even when I think the actors are very cute together and have chemistry.

I think Corday would not allow Rachel to be fired, but her decision has saved him and Tomlin a lot of headaches. Now they can bring in an unrealated character for Max, or maybe even bring back Abby.
They might try to bring back Abby, but I doubt they could get Ashley Bensen back to play her. Her movie career is starting to take off post-Days (Bring It On movie) , and she's got a new movie coming out next month called BART GOT A ROOM (again playing a cheerleader) that's supposed to be really funny. If I were her, I wouldn't want to come back to this mess of a show. . .

JDB

Ashley Bensen playing a cheerleader again? -the hell you say! I did like her as Abbey though. I would hate to see max leave town with the niece he's screwing, but I've always hated the character so wouldn't mind him being gone either.
I hope Rachel Melvin does well for herself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply