Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Sami and Rafe kiss!; March 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 12:14 PM (4,598 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with James Scott, and this week's SOD features an interview with Ali Sweeney.

James Scott tells SOW that "it's a very complicated courtship" between Sami and EJ. "They're constantly trying to get under each other's skin, in good ways and bad."

EJ stops by Sami's apartment to give Sami a toy for Johnny. Sami and EJ discuss the fact that Johnny is a DiMera. Sweeney explains that Sami realizes EJ "isn't blindly following Stefano", and that "it is supposed to lead to that moment of her wondering if maybe she is wrong about hiding Grace from him." Sami also tells EJ not to marry Nicole, which EJ does not like hearing, because he feels it's not her place to say it and because he disagrees. EJ asks Sami why she's telling him this, and Sami tells EJ it's because part of her will always love EJ. As James Scott says, "It's a beautiful moment when EJ hears this", because "this is something that meant so much to EJ at one time". However, Scott says that EJ doesn't make a big deal over what Sami says. "He just accepts it and lets it be."

Sami leaves the room for a moment, and there's a knock at the door. EJ answers, and - it's Rafe! EJ just says "can I help you?", but then as Scott says, "Sami appears, bounces towards Rafe like a little Bambi, and they hug each other." EJ is "a little concerned" over this, though it's clear to him that the two do have "some sort of relationship". Sami wants to introduce Rafe to the twins, and as Sweeney says, "EJ is uncomfortable seeing Rafe in that setting."

Rafe then gets a call and tells Sami he has to leave Salem right away. Sami walks Rafe out and, as Sweeney explains, "Sami realizes how close she is to him and that she doesn't want him to go". Sami gives him a kiss goodbye; Sweeney says "it's become clear to them that they both want more, but they're still sort of tentative about it." EJ, however, witnesses their kiss. Is EJ jealous? "Maybe" says Scott. "EJ's a little upset that there's a guy in Sami's life. He's sad at the loss of this person who very apparently has feelings for somebody else."

EJ then goes to talk to Roman, because EJ feels that anyone assigned to protect Sami should not be in a relationship with her. Sami interrupts the two, because she wants to ask Roman to keep Rafe in Salem. Sami is very angry at EJ, and EJ tells Sami that he saw her kissing Rafe. Sami says, as SOW puts it, she "loves Rafe as a friend and hopes to have a shot at a relationship with him". Scott says that "EJ is irritated", because "it's obviously a serious relationship and not just physical".

EJ then goes home, where Nicole is waiting for him, upset, because Sami's told her about EJ's reaction to Sami's having kissed Rafe. Scott says that "EJ wants to hide in the cellar with a bottle of Jack Daniels" because "the woman he's supposed to marry is being irrational", while "the woman he used to be married to and still has feelings for has gone off with somebody else". Scott explains that "EJ can never seem to get away from Sami", and that EJ "loves [Sami] in the most absurd way". Scott says that EJ would be happy with Nicole if Sami weren't in Salem. "But she is, and that makes it hard."

And as for Sami? Sweeney says that Sami has changed. "It's not the same old Sami where she's up to nasty, selfish tricks." Sweeney explains that Rafe has "a different perspective" on Sami, and "the pregnancy kept a distance from both sides and now it's turning into something more."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

zzzzzz. Thanks, Ellie! :)

Alligato
Member Avatar

I don't understand any of this.

So does Sami love Rafe and would like to try a relationship with him, but she will always love EJ? EJ has "feelings" for Sami, but wants to marry Nicole if Sami wasn't in Salem? And EJ can't have Nicole around Brady because of his jealousy, but Sami brags to Nicole that EJ is jealous of Rafe, and Nicole gets angry and this upsets EJ because she is jealous?

Is AS writing this shit again because nothing is making any sense!
Thanks Ellie!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ....

I agree with Alligato this is confusing - When you need a flow chart to keep track it's confusing. :frustration:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm just glad Sami is back and interacting with other characters besides Rafe. I'm sure I'll be annoyed by her again in a few weeks.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

cjknick
Feb 25 2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks Ellie ....

I agree with Alligato this is confusing - When you need a flow chart to keep track it's confusing. :frustration:
It sounds like classic Dena crap to me. In her attempt to keep all the fan bases clinging she only winds up making a mess of the whole thing. :(

Ponz
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 12:43 PM
I don't understand any of this.

So does Sami love Rafe and would like to try a relationship with him, but she will always love EJ? EJ has "feelings" for Sami, but wants to marry Nicole if Sami wasn't in Salem? And EJ can't have Nicole around Brady because of his jealousy, but Sami brags to Nicole that EJ is jealous of Rafe, and Nicole gets angry and this upsets EJ because she is jealous?

Thanks Ellie!
It's the natural result of writing to please multiple fanbases instead of produce a good story: an incoherent mess.

ETA: Thanks, Ellie!
Edited by Ponz, Feb 25 2009, 01:12 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

EJ is engaged to Nicole, why would he care what a lowlife like Sami is doing?

Ellie

Ponz
Feb 25 2009, 01:04 PM
It's the natural result of writing to please multiple fanbases instead of produce a good story: an incoherent mess.

ETA: Thanks, Ellie!
Yw! I liked that "EJ wants to hide in the cellar with a bottle of Jack Daniels" line. I was thinking some viewers of this story could probably relate.

Ellie

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks Ellie!
LOL! You're welcome! Seriously, every week Ali gives an interview saying Sami has feelings for different people. Maybe she'll add a fourth person into the mix next week.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 25 2009, 01:13 PM
Yw! I liked that "EJ wants to hide in the cellar with a bottle of Jack Daniels" line. I was thinking some viewers of this story could probably relate.
James probably feels the same way whenever he has to go in to work, LoL.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Ellie, maybe it's time she added Uncle Max!! Oh, please no!!
Edited by ArizonaDaze, Feb 25 2009, 01:36 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Just please, GOD - do not let her get within 10 miles of Dr. Dirty.

Ellie

Mason
Feb 25 2009, 01:32 PM
Ellie
Feb 25 2009, 01:13 PM
James probably feels the same way whenever he has to go in to work, LoL.
LOL! Poor guy.

Ellie

ArizonaDaze
Feb 25 2009, 01:35 PM
Ellie, maybe it's time she added Uncle Max!! Oh, please no!!
Hahaha, please, noooooo!

Nicole Walker

Oh the fun isn't over yet they'll throw Lucas back in the triangle(can't even call it that cause so many players are in this thing) of death. YIPPEE!! LMFAO the image of Sami bouncing like Bambi is hilarious. I can't watch this crap and I refuse to watch another triangle involving Sami where she's wishy washy and telling one man one thing while telling the other another. Honestly, she's not worth fighting over. She did the same crap last year with Lucas and EJ until both men broke off from her. Rinse and repeat. The only thing that seems to be good out of this is NIcole and Brady. I'm quite sure they will go there and I can say that NIcole won't be bouncing from one triangle to another in a matter of months.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Feb 25 2009, 01:45 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

:huh?: :shrug:

I have nothing to say. *sigh*

Deleted User
Deleted User

In the words of Chelsea Handler ...

WHAT ... a MESS!
Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Seriously I would rather EJ be single and alone or with a NEW women rather than have him in Two unresolved triangle. Geesh! Enough with the who's the daddy or who's the mommy s/l. Enough with the triangles already. Give us some fresh exciting stuff Days!

Deleted User
Deleted User

cjknick
Feb 25 2009, 03:08 PM
Seriously I would rather EJ be single and alone or with a NEW women rather than have him in Two unresolved triangle. Geesh! Enough with the who's the daddy or who's the mommy s/l. Enough with the triangles already. Give us some fresh exciting stuff Days!
Seriously! DAYS has been stuck in triangle hell for what seems like eternity!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply