Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Sami and Rafe kiss!; March 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 12:14 PM (4,610 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Feb 25 2009, 01:43 PM
LMFAO the image of Sami bouncing like Bambi is hilarious. I can't watch this crap and I refuse to watch another triangle involving Sami where she's wishy washy and telling one man one thing while telling the other another.
That is probably the only thing I am looking forward to seeing...JS's version of Sami bouncing like Bambi. What a way to describe it! Must be over the top or something!

And it is another wishy washy story where it doesn't seem like Sami can make up her mind. We just did this for the past two years...now we throw another guy into the mix? Why?
And since i get the impression that Chloe and Dan are the rooting couple, Lucas might be thrown into this when Will returns.

I truly don't know what to make of how this is going. I thought I had an idea, but not so much anymore. What about the babies? What about the weddings? Where are the big reveals and twists and turns?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 03:20 PM
Nicole Dimera
LMFAO the image of Sami bouncing like Bambi is hilarious. I can't watch this crap and I refuse to watch another triangle involving Sami where she's wishy washy and telling one man one thing while telling the other another.
That is probably the only thing I am looking forward to seeing...JS's version of Sami bouncing like Bambi. What a way to describe it! Must be over the top or something!

And it is another wishy washy story where it doesn't seem like Sami can make up her mind. We just did this for the past two years...now we throw another guy into the mix? Why?
And since i get the impression that Chloe and Dan are the rooting couple, Lucas might be thrown into this when Will returns.

I truly don't know what to make of how this is going. I thought I had an idea, but not so much anymore. What about the babies? What about the weddings? Where are the big reveals and twists and turns?
March Sweeps seems Dull Dull Dull! Where's the beef?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 03:20 PM
Nicole Dimera

Why can't Sami make up her mind in deed. That is the number one reason why the character of Sami sucks major balls right now. The real Sami ALWAYS knew what she wanted, or at least, thought she knew. Either way she always had a clear direction of what she wanted to do. Wishy-washy Sami is total character assassination.
Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

I think this was a very good interveiw. Its obvious that EJ and Sami still has feeling for each other, but they are willing to move on. Well, not so much as EJ moving on. If he loves Nicole, he should not care who Sami is with, but this is a Dimera always wanting what they can't have. We all knew these triangles were coming, EJ/Nicole/Brady triangle, was already forshadowed to us by Corday himself. He also said that EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle was coming.

Let me ask this, Why are you guys acting shocked because I wasn't. I am not going to let this get all bent out of shape anymore. I made that promise to myself. ( it raises my pressure too much) lol
The writers are going to do what they want anyways. Even though I don't agree with the current storyline, there is nothing we can do about but just wait and watch or in some cases not watch.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Daytime
Feb 25 2009, 03:37 PM
I think this was a very good interveiw. Its obvious that EJ and Sami still has feeling for each other, but they are willing to move on. Well, not so much as EJ moving on. If he loves Nicole, he should not care who Sami is with, but this is a Dimera always wanting what they can't have. We all knew these triangles were coming, EJ/Nicole/Brady triangle, was already forshadowed to us by Corday himself. He also said that EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle was coming.

Let me ask this, Why are you guys acting shocked because I wasn't. I am not going to let this get all bent out of shape anymore. I made that promise to myself. ( it raises my pressure too much) lol
The writers are going to do what they want anyways. Even though I don't agree with the current storyline, there is nothing we can do about but just wait and watch or in some cases not watch.
Not shocked just disappointed I guess - looking for originality - silly me!

Daytime
Member Avatar

cjknick
Feb 25 2009, 03:40 PM
Daytime
Feb 25 2009, 03:37 PM

Not shocked just disappointed I guess - looking for originality - silly me!
Now you all know that Dena can't write anything original, she hasn't done that since becoming head writer. All this woman is a person that recycles storylines. Dena wouldn't know an original story if it bit her on the a**. :D

Alligato
Member Avatar

I'm not shocked at all. This is just dumb.
I thought Sami was going to come back and fight for EJ/whoever, but instead she is falling for another guy, already saying she LOVES him as a friend, but is trying to convince EJ not to marry Nicole???
Sami isn't coming back to fight. She is coming back to be a crazy ass character shell of her former self again. How is anyone supposed to root for that?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Ponz
Feb 25 2009, 01:04 PM
Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 12:43 PM
I don't understand any of this.

So does Sami love Rafe and would like to try a relationship with him, but she will always love EJ? EJ has "feelings" for Sami, but wants to marry Nicole if Sami wasn't in Salem? And EJ can't have Nicole around Brady because of his jealousy, but Sami brags to Nicole that EJ is jealous of Rafe, and Nicole gets angry and this upsets EJ because she is jealous?

Is AS writing this shit again because nothing is making any sense!
Thanks Ellie!
It's the natural result of writing to please multiple fanbases instead of produce a good story: an incoherent mess.

ETA: Thanks, Ellie!
yup, you and alligato hit the nail on the head. none of this makes any sense. ej goes into a screaming rage over jealousy of brady, but then he thinks nicole is 'irrational' for being upset about him being angry when he sees sami kissing rafe. then we have the lines sami loves ej and always will(even though she has never said this before) but also has feelings for rafe.

huh? color me totally confused, both with the storyline, and the actor's interpretations--not that any logical human being could figure out a way to interpret this storyline in a reasonable manner.

Ellie

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 03:44 PM
I thought Sami was going to come back and fight for EJ/whoever, but instead she is falling for another guy, already saying she LOVES him as a friend, but is trying to convince EJ not to marry Nicole???
Wait - you forgot Lucas. Remember, last week Ali said that Sami feels like she should be with Lucas "in a wifely way"? And Will's coming back. Can someone remind me again how Sami Brady is now in storylines with no less than three men? :blink:

Deleted User
Deleted User

I believe EJ says he could be happy with Nicole if Sami were not aroun becaus what EJ feels for Sami is an "Obsession" not Love... He fell in love with Nicole, though Im sure that will crumble into rage when he finds out the truth. But see I just never saw him loving Sami, infatuated, cared for yes..but not real love.
I see possiblity with Safe, its a good mix for Sami.. Just too bad the show is dying.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Amello
Feb 25 2009, 03:28 PM
That is the number one reason why the character of Smai sucks major balls right now. The real Sani ALWAYS knew what she wanted, or at least, thought she knew. Either way she always had a clear direction of what she wanted to do. Wishy washy Ssmi is total character assassination.
That's a really interesting observation and I think you're totally right. I find it difficult to believe that Sami could have multiple men interested in her, therefore, I thought that was the problem for me (and it still is). However, as you point out, looking at it from the other end, Sami usually has a very clear picture in her mind of who and what she wanted, and now she's half-assedly got feelings here, there and everywhere. It's not like her not to strongly believe she is in love with/meant to be with one particular man, even when that man is with someone else or otherwise doesn't seem that interested in her.

I'm also not seeing how she's above playing petty games or whatever AS said at the end there, since that's what she seems to be doing with Rafe and EJ. If it's not EJ's business to ask her about Rafe, it isn't hers to tell him not to marry Nicole. I guess I'll have to wait to see how it all play out.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ You are right Ellie. This week, Sami "wants a relationship" with Rafe and is kissing him. And last week, she wanted to take her wifely place next to Lucas. And don't forget about her "love" for EJ and her begging that he won't marry Nicole.

The ONLY explanation must be the catering to fanbases. Because there is no rhyme or reason to any of this.
How did Sami get all of this attention so quickly? Shouldn't she be trying to figure out how to raise her orphaned daughter?
I guess I'm kind of disappointed that they seemed to have dropped the baby story reveal.

Ellie

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 03:56 PM
This week, Sami "wants a relationship" with Rafe and is kissing him. And last week, she wanted to take her wifely place next to Lucas. And don't forget about her "love" for EJ and her begging that he won't marry Nicole.
Exactly!

Quote:

The ONLY explanation must be the catering to fanbases. Because there is no rhyme or reason to any of this.
How did Sami get all of this attention so quickly?
Well, the other explanation would be "catering to Ali Sweeney". But I just don't get it either. It makes no sense at all that Sami is the center of attention like this.

And I agree about the baby story reveal... I'm not sure they've dropped it, but in a story like this, there should be a continuous buildup of tension until the ultimate reveal, not a week off here and there to showcase Sami's various relationships.

cjknick
Member Avatar

They must think that Sami is key to sweeps because Alison what got a 14 day maternity leave? That is not long enough that is for sure. Poor Ali!

Ellie

cjknick
Feb 25 2009, 04:04 PM
They must think that Sami is key to sweeps because Alison what got a 14 day maternity leave? That is not long enough that is for sure. Poor Ali!
Well, the fact that Ali took a similar leave from 'The Biggest Loser' tells me that it might not have been Days' decision, but hers...

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 25 2009, 04:16 PM
cjknick
Feb 25 2009, 04:04 PM
Well, the fact that Ali took a similar leave from 'The Biggest Loser' tells me that it might not have been Days' decision, but hers...
I could see why she would have to go back to TBL because she had to keep up with the contestants progress but Days could have scheduled her out. Taping one show is alot taping two is a bit much!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, but I just have no interest in watching Sami kiss Ray Romano, or er Rafe......whatever his name is!! :P Chloe and Dr Dirty are more appealling!! :puke:

Mason
Member Avatar

Clearly they're making up for lost time for when Sami was isolated with only ONE man.
Edited by Mason, Feb 25 2009, 04:43 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I dont know whether it placating one fanbase actor...but I agree about the character of Sami as being one-track minded---determined at no one's cost.
Maybe its because she's usually in the position of chasing after men, instead of having to choose one?! Sami's greedy---she wants it all and wants to make sure NO ONE (Nicole) is happy.
This interview was all over the place. I dont thing it made sense to James either?? Dies it make sense to anyone??
Liz

lastDays
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 25 2009, 01:17 PM
Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 12:43 PM
Is AS writing this shit again because nothing is making any sense!
Thanks Ellie!
LOL! You're welcome! Seriously, every week Ali gives an interview saying Sami has feelings for different people. Maybe she'll add a fourth person into the mix next week.
Neve r mind Chloe.Dena has turned every female on this show into a slut :puke:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply