Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Sami and Rafe kiss!; March 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 12:14 PM (4,608 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Fourth person= "paging Dr. Feel-up.....Dr. Dan to the nurse's station"LMAO
Liz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I guess Sami is now going to be confused over THREE men instead of just two. I haven't liked how Sami has been written for the last couple of years. She used to be one of my favorites.

I am curious to see Rafe intearacting with other characters.

MCKELLY

Maybe she'll have 2 kids with Rafe next, then 2 with Dirty Dan, then 2 with cousin Max for a total of 10! She'll soon catch up with the Octo-mom!

This story is crap.

Most single men run away if a woman has one kid, let alone 4.

angmc
Member Avatar

This article seems pretty clear cut that Sami wants to try for a relationship with Rafe, for better or worse. She's not chasing after EJ or Lucas at this point so I don't understand how Sami is in the wrong here except for the fact it's Sami and she can never do anything right in some people's eyes. She is obviously correct in her assessment that Nicole is bad for EJ and she still cares for him and doesn't want him to get hurt...And don't we have a spoiler where Sami tells Nicole to reign in her man? How is Sami leading EJ on? Or Lucas for that matter? :shrug:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

angmc
Feb 25 2009, 09:38 PM
This article seems pretty clear cut that Sami wants to try for a relationship with Rafe, for better or worse. She's not chasing after EJ or Lucas at this point so I don't understand how Sami is in the wrong here except for the fact it's Sami and she can never do anything right in some people's eyes. She is obviously correct in her assessment that Nicole is bad for EJ and she still cares for him and doesn't want him to get hurt...And don't we have a spoiler where Sami tells Nicole to reign in her man? How is Sami leading EJ on? Or Lucas for that matter? :shrug:
she's leading ej on by telling him that she will always love him and then telling him in the same week(or even the same conversation) that he shouldn't be with nicole, all while harboring feelings for rafe. i don't think anything about sami's character(past or present) would lead anyone to believe she is saying these things over 'concern' for ej. she's just mad he's with nicole and doesn't want him or nicole to be happy. that to me is perfectly in character with the kind of person sami has always been. it's not that sami can't 'do right' in my eyes, it's that her character is written to be inherently selfish and always has been written that way. the better question is..why should anyone believe sami is acting unselfishly for the first time in her life?
Edited by luvpumpkns, Feb 25 2009, 09:50 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't believe Sami wants E.J. I think she just doesn't want anyone else to have him, either. Two years of E.J. sniffing after her had to make her ego balloon up.

angmc
Member Avatar

How is she leading him on though? Didn't he "break up" with her (even though they have never been a couple) a few months ago? Is Sami actually wrong in trying to steer EJ away from Nicole? Does Sami not have enough history with Nicole to know that she is not exactly good news?? Does Sami hate Nicole...? Yep...and in a few months her hatred will be once again justified.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

angmc
Feb 25 2009, 09:50 PM
How is she leading him on though? Didn't he "break up" with her (even though they have never been a couple) a few months ago? Is Sami actually wrong in trying to steer EJ away from Nicole? Does Sami not have enough history with Nicole to know that she is not exactly good news?? Does Sami hate Nicole...? Yep...and in a few months her hatred will be once again justified.
ok, so why didn't she just leave it at 'nicole is bad for you?" why all the hullaballo about how she will always love him? she is either saying it because she wants him back or wants to string him along. since she didn't immediately follow up that statement with 'let's be together' and in fact, kisses rafe a short time later, i can only assume the latter is true.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

angmc
Exactly. The fact of the matter is Sami is dead right about Nicole. Even if she doesn't have the factual evidence to know what's going on currently - she knows enough about Nicole and her history to feel that EJ will be hurt. And we all know that is exactly what is happening right now. Nicole IS deceiving EJ - and it looks like things will likely get worse before they get better.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Feb 25 2009, 09:55 PM
angmc
ok, so why didn't she just leave it at 'nicole is bad for you?" why all the hullaballo about how she will always love him? she is either saying it because she wants him back or wants to string him along. since she didn't immediately follow up that statement with 'let's be together' and in fact, kisses rafe a short time later, i can only assume the latter is true.
Well we haven't seen it play out yet so of course all any of us can do is speculate at this point. But from reading the article it seems that EJ point blank questions her about HER feelings for him - and that's when she tells him a part of her will always love him. She's not throwing it out there as a deterrent - she's simply answering his question. And for the first time she's actually giving him an honest answer.
The article then goes on to say, that although EJ is thrilled to finally hear it, he basically down plays it and/or has little reaction. So what is she to think? Clearly by this conversation and his actions he is determined to move on with his new family (which pains me to type - because he's actually moving on with their family courtesy of Nicole's deception). But EJ seems to make it clear that whatever her feelings might be now - it's too late. So why not try to move ahead with her own life, as well?

MCKELLY

SocRMum1
Feb 25 2009, 10:01 PM
luvpumpkns
angmc
Well we haven't seen it play out yet so of course all any of us can do is speculate at this point. But from reading the article it seems that EJ point blank questions her about HER feelings for him - and that's when she tells him a part of her will always love him. She's not throwing it out there as a deterrent - she's simply answering his question. And for the first time she's actually giving him an honest answer.
The article then goes on to say, that although EJ is thrilled to finally hear it, he basically down plays it and/or has little reaction. So what is she to think? Clearly by this conversation and his actions he is determined to move on with his new family (which pains me to type - because he's actually moving on with their family courtesy of Nicole's deception). But EJ seems to make it clear that whatever her feelings might be now - it's too late. So why not try to move ahead with her own life, as well?
EXCELLENT POST!

angmc
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
angmc
Because if she had just said Nicole is bad for you, he would have thought it was just out of spite. Sami doesn't want him to get hurt by Nicole but she is trying to move on with Rafe. I don't think letting EJ know that he will always be important to her is leading him on, especially if EJ is so in love with Nicole. It shouldn't make a difference if the relationship is solid.. :huh1:

Alligato
Member Avatar

But Sami knows nothing about Nicole's deception. All she knows is that Nicole had EJ's baby, they are being a family and that EJ is in love with Nicole and wants to marry her.

So for her to beg that he shouldn't marry Nicole while she wants a relationship with Rafe is just two faced.

Is Sami good news? Hell no. While she is thinking she will always love him and that he is good with his kids, she is hiding his baby from him. Total hypocrite there. I haven't seen Sami be honest about anything in a really long time. So no, I don't think she is being honest with EJ about her feelings.

JS summed it up by saying it is an "absurd" kind of love. The whole thing is absurd.

angmc
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 10:08 PM
But Sami knows nothing about Nicole's deception. All she knows is that Nicole had EJ's baby, they are being a family and that EJ is in love with Nicole and wants to marry her.

So for her to beg that he shouldn't marry Nicole while she wants a relationship with Rafe is just two faced.

Is Sami good news? Hell no. While she is thinking she will always love him and that he is good with his kids, she is hiding his baby from him. Total hypocrite there. I haven't seen Sami be honest about anything in a really long time. So no, I don't think she is being honest with EJ about her feelings.

JS summed it up by saying it is an "absurd" kind of love. The whole thing is absurd.
Sami doesn't know about this particular deception but she knows what type of person Nicole is and she obviously hasn't changed, although I don't remember Nicole kidnapping babies last time she was in Salem. :hmmph:

Also, she's not begging EJ not to marry Nicole so they can have a relationship. She's doing it because she knows what an awful person Nicole is. Plus, she doesn't want her son around her. Is that so wrong??

As for Sami hiding the baby..Seems like she was justified since EJ is back under Stefano's thumb and Stefano has been trying to kill Sami for the past 4 months.

Sami's not a saint..never said she was one but I don't see why she is always in the wrong...

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Nothing better happen between Rafe and Sami, she belongs with Lucas.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Sami is such a pathetic disgrace.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 10:08 PM

It really is interesting how differently fans can see the same article. I see alot of people throwing around the "absurd" comment as though it is a negative for EJami.

My take?

The definition of absurd:

contrary to all reason or common sense

Truly - is there a more accurate description for the love EJ has for Sami? I mean, for years he's tried and tried to win her heart - basically turned himself inside out and upside down for her - and she gave him little outward hope. But he loved her. Beyond all reason - certainly without logic or common sense. He was just incapable of stopping it.

He's absolutely right.
Quote:

Scott explains that "EJ can never seem to get away from Sami", and that EJ "loves [Sami] in the most absurd way".
Yup. IMO it's the kind that great love stories are built on. :wub2:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't see this as a mess at all. It kind of reminds me alot of the late 90's when we had the whole Eric/Nicole/Lucas/Sami/Austin/Carrie/Mike thing going on. I think there is still work to do. They need to establish the EJ/Sami thing a bit more because it's not quite at the level it needs to be in terms of the connection between them but, other then that, I think it all works.

I like Sami and Rafe. They are cute and I look forward to seeing them in Salem. I feel good about what will happen with them once we see them both interact with others.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

This is Dena's Todd/Evangeline/John/Natalie/Cristain.

That was so confusing.

I'm waiting for "Dr. Dirty" to bed Sami.

Alligato
Member Avatar

angmc
Feb 25 2009, 10:15 PM
Sami doesn't know about this particular deception but she knows what type of person Nicole is and she obviously hasn't changed, although I don't remember Nicole kidnapping babies last time she was in Salem. :hmmph:

Nope. If I remember correctly, the kidnapping babies is one of Sami's MOs. Not Nicoles.

Sami just doesn't have any kind of place to be calling people out on the dasterdly things that they do. How can she think Nicole is so bad, when she herself is being so bad? It's hypocritical. Sami hasn't changed either.
Both women need to stop with the superiority complex that they have over each other.

And when I read JS say that he can't get away from Sami, one could read it as a negative thing (as in he just can't escape her) or a positive thing. Not the way I would figure a romance to be, but hey, we want to see what we want to see. I, myself, like a romance where the guy sounds like he wants to be around the woman he is supposedly in love with.

And calling it absurd makes perfect sense because there is "no common sense or reason" for EJ to love Sami after the way she has treated him in the past few years. Is that romantic? For some, sure. For others, its a sad excuse for romance.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply