Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Sami and Rafe kiss!; March 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 12:14 PM (4,696 Views)
angmc
Member Avatar

Hmm..I believe Sami was all of about 16 when she kidnapped Belle. Just a bit different from a mature 35 year old woman doing it. But if you want to compare a 16 year old and a 35 year old, be my guest.

As for Sami calling out Nicole...She has reason for concern, does she not? Has she ever tried to kill her husbands like Nicole has? Should she not be worried for Johnny's safety..Again..Sami is not a saint..never said she was. But what was the last deceitful thing Sami did?? It's been quite a while, so maybe she's not the most mature character at this point but she's not the villian in this scenario. That goes to Nicole.

Quote:

And calling it absurd makes perfect sense because there is "no common sense or reason" for EJ to love Sami after the way she has treated him in the past few years. Is that romantic? For some, sure. For others, its a sad excuse for romance.

Oh right...because EJ's a saint?? I admit that both characters have flaws and are better for that but let's be serious. Was Sami supposed to kiss the ground he walked on for the last few years???? :eyeroll: I think the sad excuse for a romance is the one that is imploding right now in the DiMera mansion thankfully. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

angmc
Feb 26 2009, 12:11 AM
Hmm..I believe Sami was all of about 16 when she kidnapped Belle. Just a bit different from a mature 35 year old woman doing it. But if you want to compare a 16 year old and a 35 year old, be my guest.

As for Sami calling out Nicole...She has reason for concern, does she not? Has she ever tried to kill her husbands like Nicole has? Should she not be worried for Johnny's safety..Again..Sami is not a saint..never said she was. But what was the last deceitful thing Sami did?? It's been quite a while, so maybe she's not the most mature character at this point but she's not the villian in this scenario. That goes to Nicole.

Quote:

And calling it absurd makes perfect sense because there is "no common sense or reason" for EJ to love Sami after the way she has treated him in the past few years. Is that romantic? For some, sure. For others, its a sad excuse for romance.

Oh right...because EJ's a saint?? I admit that both characters have flaws and are better for that but let's be serious. Was Sami supposed to kiss the ground he walked on for the last few years???? :eyeroll: I think the sad excuse for a romance is the one that is imploding right now in the DiMera mansion thankfully. :popcorn:
Excellent post!

And I do have to give Nicole bonus points on the kidnapping babies contest. She really one upped Sami on that one - not only did she kidnap - but she pulled a baby switch, too! Sami can't compete with that one. No sir. :unsure:

None of these characters are without flaws - it's actually part of what makes them so interesting - and this a soap. But clearly the writing is portraying Sami and EJ as the victims of Nicole's machinations. They are both being victimized BY Nicole. Say what you will about Sami hiding (Mia's) baby from EJ, but the story is being written to justify her concerns. I'm not seeing that anywhere in Nicole's story. At ANY POINT IN TIME, all she had to do was tell EJ the truth about miscarrying the baby. And the fact is, if she had there would be a much stronger argument that EJole is the root for couple. I do believe that EJ would have been completely empathetic at their loss and would have shared her devastation and it likely would have brought them closer. But the story was not written that way...so here we are. Sami is warning EJ about something that is happening RIGHT NOW. She may not know that - but it doesn't change the fact that her warnings to EJ are completely justified, as well as her reasons for keeping Grace hidden. And Nicole will continue to dig her hole per the upcoming spoilers.
Edited by SocRMum1, Feb 26 2009, 12:27 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm just going to throw my two cents in for grins!!! :wave:

Now this is MY two cents aka MY OPINION:

This whole EJ gets two women preggers/baby switch story is basic soap 101 to me. I think it's the only thing DH knows how to write. When Nicole miscarried and lied about it, it solidified EJAMI as the "root for" couple. Everything that has happened since has backed that up. Now, I questioned too how Sami was going to come out of this the "heroine" when she hid her baby from the father that she supposedly loves (which we as the audience were SCREWED out of hearing). BUT now that we've seen spoilers indicating that Stefano is behind the killing.............she will be justified in keeping her baby a secret. Coupled with the fact that I think EJ will think he "owes" Sami his forgiveness due to his past transgressions that she has forgiven him.

Now I know many are Nicole fans, and I like her too, just not in this particular storyline..............there is nothing "rootable" about what she's doing. She is spiraling out of control and her web of lies just keeps growing. I've seen the Canadian epi for today and she looks just a tad crazy when she's going off on Sami and backing her in the corner. AZ did an awesome job, but she still isn't the one that I think tptb want us rooting for.

I know many don't like Sami for various reasons, I myself like her quite alot. I think AS and AZ play great off each other and the scenes over the past couple of days have been great. It just seems to me in what I'm seeing playing out on my screen, Sami is trying to warn EJ and EJ is thinking it's just Sami's insecurities. But I think Sami has got a "gut feeling" about Nicole................one that will be proven correct.

I'm really starting to get back into Days............I've even put it back on the DVR, so I hope this storyline will continue to interest all of us...........whichever side of this story we find ourselves!! ;)

SaveDaysNow

SocRMum1
Feb 25 2009, 11:02 PM
Alligato
Feb 25 2009, 10:08 PM
But Sami knows nothing about Nicole's deception. All she knows is that Nicole had EJ's baby, they are being a family and that EJ is in love with Nicole and wants to marry her.

So for her to beg that he shouldn't marry Nicole while she wants a relationship with Rafe is just two faced.

Is Sami good news? Hell no. While she is thinking she will always love him and that he is good with his kids, she is hiding his baby from him. Total hypocrite there. I haven't seen Sami be honest about anything in a really long time. So no, I don't think she is being honest with EJ about her feelings.

JS summed it up by saying it is an "absurd" kind of love. The whole thing is absurd.
It really is interesting how differently fans can see the same article. I see alot of people throwing around the "absurd" comment as though it is a negative for EJami.

My take?

The definition of absurd:

contrary to all reason or common sense

Truly - is there a more accurate description for the love EJ has for Sami? I mean, for years he's tried and tried to win her heart - basically turned himself inside out and upside down for her - and she gave him little outward hope. But he loved her. Beyond all reason - certainly without logic or common sense. He was just incapable of stopping it.

He's absolutely right.
Quote:

Scott explains that "EJ can never seem to get away from Sami", and that EJ "loves [Sami] in the most absurd way".
Yup. IMO it's the kind that great love stories are built on. :wub2:
I agree people have a different take on what ABSURD means. . . In the thesaurus, synonyms for ABSURB include:

preposterous; nonsensical; derisory; laughable; ludicrous; idiotic; cockeyed; absurd; ridiculous

JS or the writer could've replaced "absurd" with any one of those words and the meaning of EJ's 'love' for Sami would be the same! ;)

Nicole Walker

^LMFAO.

Mindy
Member Avatar

ROTFL! :lol:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Isn't it kind of "absurd" that we're debating the meaning of "absurd"???? :P

Kind of like "it depends on what your definition of is is"!!! :P :P

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

how does stefano being behind the mayor's murder justify sami hiding her baby? i don't get that. she willingly left her toddler at the mansion. i guess you can make the argument that sami was right about him, but it still brings up a host of uncomfortable questions like:

why did she leave johnny at the mansion so willingly?
why did she let mary babysit at least three seperate times, knowing she is an employee of stefano?
why did she have unprotected sex with ej, knowing that his father was supposedly so dangerous?
why does she think leaving a newborn in the first formative weeks of its life without its mother is ok?

sami's behavior or actions has never led a reasonable person to believe that she did anything out of fear of stefano. i don't think it was a coincidence that she decided to suddenly go into WP and hide the baby from ej when she saw him with nicole. so for me, that will always be the reason she lied, no matter how dena higley chooses to spin it to make sami the new carrie/belle/marlena. so again, if they wanted to make sami the new heroine of the show, it could have been done in a much more clear-cut way and i might have accepted that. but....like i have said before, making sami into the next heroine is a mistake. it's a disservice to the character and the actresses' talents.

Murphy

Could James sound any less enthused about being put in Sami's orbit again? Absurb. Downplaying EJ's reaction to the ILY. :laugh: He sounds as confused as we are. He cant get away from her. Like a blood sucking leech. :laugh: If Dena wants Safe. More power to her. I could care less. They are FF material anyway. Why do all these characters have to have "feelings" for someone else?? Its a big clusterfuck and a confusing mess. Sami doesnt need another guy in the mix. She needs to take care of her kids, get a job and fix her issues. :eyeroll: The reason Sami became soo hated is she was wishy washy. Yeah lets just add to that. Dena is the worst writer ever. I feel bad for the actors having to put up with her crappy writing.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thank you for the article. :wub2: My favorite part is "it's obviously a serious relationship and not just physical".. So Ej is "maybe" jealous, I am interested to see how James plays these scenes.

cjknick
Member Avatar

While I think these articles are interesting to read because it's interesting to read the actor's take on the current weeks s/l and on their character I just don't get much from them myself. I suppose I could try to read between the lines or try and gleem significance or clues from the words they use but what I have learned that it's kind of a waste of time and energy and often times pointless. For example the article with James and Ari created such a flurry of discussion and as their story moves along it really have become less and less noteworthy and relevant.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Feb 26 2009, 08:50 AM
how does stefano being behind the mayor's murder justify sami hiding her baby? i don't get that. she willingly left her toddler at the mansion. i guess you can make the argument that sami was right about him, but it still brings up a host of uncomfortable questions like:

why did she leave johnny at the mansion so willingly?
why did she let mary babysit at least three seperate times, knowing she is an employee of stefano?
why did she have unprotected sex with ej, knowing that his father was supposedly so dangerous?
why does she think leaving a newborn in the first formative weeks of its life without its mother is ok?

sami's behavior or actions has never led a reasonable person to believe that she did anything out of fear of stefano. i don't think it was a coincidence that she decided to suddenly go into WP and hide the baby from ej when she saw him with nicole. so for me, that will always be the reason she lied, no matter how dena higley chooses to spin it to make sami the new carrie/belle/marlena. so again, if they wanted to make sami the new heroine of the show, it could have been done in a much more clear-cut way and i might have accepted that. but....like i have said before, making sami into the next heroine is a mistake. it's a disservice to the character and the actresses' talents.

To sum up the answers to all your questions in a word PLOT.

Dena's own twisted way of doing a story. Do I necessarily like it? No, but that's why all this is taking place the way it is....to fit into the PLOT.

Do I like all the ways Sami has been portrayed? No, but I haven't since before DH took over, so what's new??

In real life, none of this would make any sense at all................not any of it. But, we have to suspend a WHOLE lot of "real life" in order to watch soaps.....so I guess the question now is, do we care enough about these characters to overlook inconsistencies???

For the moment, I'm back in the game.....................but I'm not sure for how long.

Alligato
Member Avatar

:frustration: don't bother with the questions, luv.
It is ABSURD to try to rationalize any of this with anyone. Take that definition any way you want! :popcorn:

I guess I just wanted to say thank you for posting the interview, Ellie! I got a kick out of JS's enthusiasm ;), yet I have no clue as to what is going on.
We'll find out soon enough!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Feb 26 2009, 08:50 AM

I do understand where you are coming from and I agree wholeheartedly with the last part of your post. As a big Sami fan, I don't particularly want to see her turned in to a lily white heroine. It is a total misuse of the character and the actress - particularly when you consider the YEARS she's spent being just the opposite. And one of the major reasons I love EJami is that neither character are necessarily heroic and both have done things that are completely horrible.

However, it does appear that is the direction they are heading. For whatever reason DAYS just cannot bring themselves to write a real romance for two darker characters - it's almost as if they feel compelled to 'redeem' them in order to make them worthy of love. So I suspect that is what we're entering in to - Sami is already being set up to be rewritten as the heroine. I think EJ will hit a very, very dark time and probably be a pretty despicable guy for a while - but in the end I think it could be that it will be Sami that will pull him out of the depths and he will then be suitably redeemed. Is all of that necessary to write a good love story? I don't think so - but I'm betting that's where they'll head with it.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Kissing and thinking about one man, telling another man she will always love him and not to marry some other chick and than feeling a 'wifely duty' towards yet another man. WTF?!?

My question is: In between dudes Sami, how's that plan coming along to bring home the biggest little mistake you ever made?? You know the plan you only had about 4-5 months to come up with but yet still needed more time for? Remember that? I know glitter can be blinding and having "feelings" for multiple guys can be time consuming but try to fit that into your busy schedule.

Can't say I was every a huge Sami fan, but there was a time that I liked her scrapper attitude. She went out there and took what she wanted consequences be damned. She was always a bitch with a master plan. Now she just stands around wringing her hands and can't come up with even a shade of an idea or plan after she has had months, MONTHS to come up with something, anything. Who is this chick and what has she done with Sami?
Edited by shytstarter, Feb 26 2009, 11:56 AM.

Murphy

I dont see them redeeming EJ. I think he will become the new Stefano. They are never going to put Stefano Jr. with the glitter queen. EJ didnt work as a good guy and I dont see EJ pushing a stroller or being Sami's lapdog.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply