Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Interview with Darin Brooks; March 10th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 12:57 PM (1,934 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Darin Brooks about both the Chelsea/Max story and Darin's future plans.

Brooks tells SOW that Max sees Chelsea and Daniel talking at the Cheatin' Heart. Max gets a little jealous, but then he realizes that they were discussing Kate's recovery. Max feels terrible, while Daniel encourages Chelsea to spend more time with Max.

Max and Chelsea go to the park for a date. They discuss the past, and they discuss what Stephanie's reaction to their relationship would be. Chelsea and Max both admit to each other that they're scared. But then, as Brooks says, because "they're two different people now" than they were in the past, "they decide to explore things and see what happens".

Max takes Chelsea home, and they go up to her room. They kiss, but as Brooks says, "they spend the night together fully clothed", and nothing happens. However, the next morning, they make love. Brooks says that "there's a love montage. It's romantic and passionate."

However, when Max tries to sneak out, Bo catches him! Brooks says that Bo realizes what went on, and "Bo's not happy that Max and Chelsea were disrespecting the house." Bo yells at Max and tells him to get out. Chelsea runs up to her room, and Hope calms Bo down. Bo says he should go apologize to Max, but Hope says that Bo should deal with Chelsea, while she'll go deal with Max.

SOW then asks Brooks about the show's plans for Max, since Rachel Melvin is leaving. Brooks says that he's not sure, but "I did hear talk about a new love interest for Max." He laughs and says, "Hopefully it will be somebody he's not related to."

Brooks is asked if he'll miss Melvin. He says "I love Rachel to death" and that he wishes her the best. He knows she'll find other work and "she'll be just fine". He's happy for her that she's going to "try and explore other things", and he says "everybody has to leave the nest".

Brooks says he's still waiting to see if his pilot, Blue Mountain State, gets picked up, and that if it does, he'd "have to be out for June, July and August". He doesn't know how Days would want to work around that, and he's hoping for the best.

SOW then asks Brooks if he'd want to "make both shows work". Brooks says: "I could try and do that", but if he finds out that the pilot was picked up before Melvin leaves, "and other opportunities arise as well", then perhaps it would be a good opportunity to have Max "ride off into the sunset with Chelsea" in a "nice little ending story" for the two of them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really hope the show lets Brooks do both shows. I don't want to see Max go anywhere.

Max gets all the love montages. He had so many with Stephanie and now he's getting them with Chelsea.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Though I like Darin Brooks, Max is a horrible character. I pray the pilot gets picked up because the show looks ridiculous pairing him up every five minutes with someone new.
Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 25 2009, 01:06 PM
Though I like Darin Brooks, Max is a horrible character. I pray the pilot gets picked up because the show looks ridiculous pairing him up every five minutes with someone new.
This is what I so hate about Dena's writing. Not only Max,but she also makes Daniel look like a manwhore.I like to watch Shawn Christian ,but Dena makes it difficult for me
Edited by lastDays, Feb 25 2009, 01:11 PM.

lene
Member Avatar

OMG!!!!!! A MONTAGE! yaaay!

and yes, i would love to see chex ride of to the sunset together! :D
Edited by lene, Feb 25 2009, 01:15 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

But this was a problem with Max before Dena came back. Remember when Sheffer was writing? Max was with Mimi, girls in Vegas, Morgan, Stephanie.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sindacco
Feb 25 2009, 01:16 PM
But this was a problem with Max before Dena came back. Remember when Sheffer was writing? Max was with Mimi, girls in Vegas, Morgan, Stephanie.
Just to be clear I meant all his women from the first time he arrived under JER.

The character is not important enough for the show to keep trying to find a stable love interest and repeatedly having it fail, due to one reason or another. I call for him to be killed off, maybe then we could get my Frankie back! LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Bradyclan

Darrin is a cool guy and I like him . However, I'm not a big fan of Max.
I can't wait to see Chex scenes mainly because it's the countdown before RM leaves and I look forward to her last scenes.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

A montage? No thanks! I don't really care if he stays or if he goes.

jane1978

Amello
But isnīt that normal? I doubt most of guys in their 20īs believes in true love forerver. He is a good looking barman with an open personality and zero trouble to get a date. He is enjoying his life and girls. Not every pairing has to be automatically a supercouple with a years of staying power.

Deleted User
Deleted User

jane1978
Feb 25 2009, 02:44 PM
Amello
But isnīt that normal? I doubt most of guys in their 20īs believes in true love forerver. He is a good looking barman with an open personality and zero trouble to get a date. He is enjoying his life and girls. Not every pairing has to be automatically a supercouple with a years of staying power.

It's not normal when he falls in love with every girl, It's not normal when all these crap couplings are fed to us as true love forever.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jane1978
Amello

I don't disagree with your statement in general. However, to me, it looks ridiculous because Max sparks with nobody, IMO. He's totally unbelievable as a ladies' man. The last time I thought he had any chemistry with anybody was with Mimi. I didn't hate him with Morgan but I didn't find them interesting either. Abby looked WAY too young for him and they skeeved me out. The less said about Stax and Chex, the better. I just don't get what's so special about Darin Brooks that the show wants to keep him around and find somebody new for him.

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 25 2009, 02:47 PM
It's not normal when he falls in love with every girl
Especially when half of them have been with family members.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

jane1978

Sure it's normal, but where's the hook? Why should I care about any of it?

cassie1013

Yeah, I have no problem with Max hooking up with everyone, but it's the way they go about. If they played it more casually on his end as opposed to something serious everytime, I would buy it. Serious on soaps tends to be associated with actual couple couples...not just people dating here and there..

coffeelover

Thanks for posting

I have to say I was a fan of Max in the beginning but not so much now. If Darin could go on to bigger and better things I say go for it Darin! Run don't walk!

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. I will readonce I get the magazine

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like Darin and still would like him to stay providing the story is better. This revisiting of Chex started ok but really fizzled after awhile. I would really like them to ease up a bit and slowly build a new pairing with Max and someone else. Perhaps focus on just him and have a romance spawn out of a story that is just about him. They still have not settled on what they want this character to be. Every 6 months it changes. If he is sticking around, they need to work on developing him. In a way, I wish they would bring back Frankie or give him more scenes with family because he needs some sort of touchstone. I feel like they isolate him too much, mostly because they pair him with his nieces and don't want to focus on the family thing. Now that he's not with any of his nieces, I say give him some more family scenes and work on Max as a character. He only gets scenes with Melanie right now. Give him more scenes with Bo, Roman, Caroline, etc. Start simple and go from there. They started that last year with the Trent story and then they dropped it all after September. They need to develop him.

I do like how he mentioned dating his nieces LOL. Clearly, he doesn't take it seriously and just goes out and plays what they give him. Otherwise, he would've quit, especially now since he is getting other opportunities. I don't like the idea of him leaving with Chelsea if he must leave. He does seem to want to stay but part of me wonders if Days, even though they clearly want him around, will still want him when he may have to take off the whole summer. That is when characters like Max are usually involved in heavy story with the kids out of school so they may not be happy about that. It should be interesting to see how this all goes, although I don't see the pilot being picked up.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Max's character has been ruined. He has had sex with both his neices even if he was an adopted boy. He just needs to be written out. If they like Darren, he could come back in a few months as a new character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply