Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Logan Rave: Suzanne Rogers; TV Guide, March 2nd Issue
Topic Started: Feb 25 2009, 01:25 PM (1,188 Views)
Ellie

"Logan Rave" in this week's TV Guide: Suzanne Rogers.

Maggie the cat is alive! So many beloved vets have been fired from Days of Our Lives recently that it's doubly terrific and a blessed relief to see Suzanne Rogers on fire. Her character, Maggie Horton, has turned mother tigress to protect her nephew Lucas, whose fiancée is secretly bedding the town manwhore (Maggie is also Lucas' AA sponsor). The setup has put the often ill-used Rogers front and center, and she's been wonderfully tough and touching, and so damn gorgeous to boot! We've always admired this lady - a former Radio City Rockette who became the very first supporting actress winner at the Daytime Emmys back in 1979 - but with Days' history crumbling before our eyes, she's an even greater treasure now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Go Michael Logan, major props for giving arguably the best actor in DAYS history some much deserved praise.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Suzanne has rocked, even though the story she's been involved in has sucked. Maggie has been one of the few redeeming qualities in DAYS for me, lately.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I couldn't agree more. It's really great to see her getting the accolades she deserves!

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Just curious, when was the last time the showed new Mickey?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nubia
Feb 25 2009, 01:47 PM
Just curious, when was the last time the showed new Mickey?
There's someone else who needs to die. LOL But yes I am also kind of curious to know as well ...
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Yeah, nuMickey wasn't even used for the Christmas episode. He was "upstairs" with Alice. Lame. It is so great to see Suzanne used so much - I hope they keep it up. Suzanne rocks.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

They shouldn't have even bothered recasting Mickey. How many times has he been on total??

I am loving Suzanne/Maggie lately!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^ I don't think he's been on since September. That's when Melanie and Nick were at Chez Rouge and Doug/Julie/Maggie/Mickey were all saying what a trouble maker she was.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I didn't appreciate her at all until Maggie got beaten to death. Love her now, though, and I'm glad they've involved her somehow.
Edited by px780, Feb 25 2009, 07:56 PM.

pnelsen

Mickey is with Steve and Kayla having donuts with Alice.

King
Member Avatar

Finally! My main girl gets some major props!

Who can argue with this? Rogers is divine!
Edited by King, Feb 25 2009, 10:21 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I LOVE that we are seeing so much of Maggie; the new matriarch of the Horton family, and someone who can pick up the slack from Marlena. I really want to see a Maggie-Kate fued; over Lucas, and also Kate's history with the Hortons, shouldn't make Maggie too happy with her. If we see more Maggie, Caroline, Lexie, Kate, Hope, it still feels like DAYS to me

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

They should toss Maggie another bone, and have Sarah or Melissa return to Salem as a single parent w/ children.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Suzanne Rogers is getting screentime?! Okay, I may have to tune back in. I've adored Ms. Rogers for DECADES.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Matt
Feb 25 2009, 10:43 PM
Suzanne Rogers is getting screentime?! Okay, I may have to tune back in. I've adored Ms. Rogers for DECADES.
You should. She's getting alot of screentime, although it seems they will back off on her a bit in March. Ever since Tomlin came on, she's been used a ton though. The most telling thing is she isn't just there. They are actually giving her stuff to do and making her active in story. I'm glad she and the show are getting praise for this.

I think this is the perfect chance for the show to bring one of her daughters on. Maggie is active on the canvas again so why not? This is the perfect change to rebuild the Horton's a bit and further bring Maggie into the center of the show so I say go for it. I just wish they would get rid of Mickey. I like Dobson but what a waste. They could at least have him appear once in awhile.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Feb 25 2009, 11:24 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mikegoldy
Feb 25 2009, 10:22 PM
I really want to see a Maggie-Kate fued; over Lucas, and also Kate's history with the Hortons, shouldn't make Maggie too happy with her.
I LOVE this idea. I'd be kind of terrified to see how it was written on-screen, but the idea is awesome, imho.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

px780
Feb 25 2009, 11:35 PM
Mikegoldy
Feb 25 2009, 10:22 PM
I really want to see a Maggie-Kate fued; over Lucas, and also Kate's history with the Hortons, shouldn't make Maggie too happy with her.
I LOVE this idea. I'd be kind of terrified to see how it was written on-screen, but the idea is awesome, imho.
I think Maggie and Kate would be amazing rivals. It could start out by Kate being angry with Maggie for keeping the Chloe-Daniel affair a secret, and then Maggie could bring up Kate's past with Bill. Then you have the jealousy Kate could feel because Lucas and Maggie are are close. And then, what would happen if after all of these years, a spark developed between Maggie and Victor? The biggest shame is there is so much potential for the show, even after losing Steve, Kayla, Tony, John, and Marlena. You have characters who have been on for years and whose history could be used in a major way. Ultimately, I want Sara and Jeremy to return, and then a Maggie-Victor-Kate-Stefano Quad. Heaven :) You have the Hortons front and center, you have young fresh characters, you still have actresses like Renee Jones, and Koslow, and Alfonso, and Rogers. The show can't miss

e83talus
Member Avatar

I am not watching Days but I am very happy that Suzanne is getting some much needed attention.
As a Days vet who spans the long history of Salem noone deserves it more. :applause:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply